Welcome to Gaia! ::

It's A Girl Thing! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Family, A Home. 

Tags: Linkin Park, Contests, Hangout, Role Playing, Twilight 

Reply 04. ✿ - - - Fashion And Clothes
Ask A Makeup Artist / Cosmetologist :) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kaela2015

Sparkly Friend

11,350 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:13 pm
Before i say anything, i pretty much need home remedies cause my parents are... yea...

1. i have HUGE pores on my nose. like GIGANTIC expecially in the creases of my nose. they are always filling up with gunk and making my nose look like it has TONS of black heads, which are usually super easy to get rid of with proper treatment but get SO annoying. (expecially when it builds up in the crease and i cant get rid of it.)

2. my nose regulary peels. always... and my mom only buys me bare minerals which just makes it look icky when its peeling. i tried moisturizing it which didnt help, i tried gently scrubbing it every morning noon and night, which didnt help, and i tried using a little bit of cream makeup on my nose, which didnt help.

3. i have deep set eyes and i get these dark shadows on the sides of the bridge of my nose right by the inner corner which i cant stand.

last one. 4. i use crazy waterproof makeup. sometimes great lash, somtimes the falsies mascara. when i use great last it doesnt clump up (which is EPIC) and comes off easy when its time to, but it does make me look like i have darker circles under my eyes than i already do halfway through the day like a racoon. But when i use falsies it clumps (very lightly), makes my eyelashes more bold like i want them, doesnt give me racoon eyes, but wont come off at night and i end up pulling up eyelashes even with a generous amount of lotion and/or waterproof eye makeup remover, so i try to just use the great lash cause i like it bunches.

Tips? sorry its alot to read.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:22 pm
ll-Frantic-ll
I really only have one main question. I have dry, sensitive skin. When I wear any type of foundation or powder it dries my skin out and sometimes dries it out to the point of causing a rash (eczema, I think, not sure about the name). Do you know of any that I could use that wouldn't irritate my skin as well as any type of moisturizer that will work but not be too harsh on sensitive skin? Lastly, what can I do for dark circles under my eyes. They are really dark at some points because I have low iron and if it starts to get too low under my eyes turns almost purple colored.

Hello ll-Frantic-ll blaugh This is actually a problem a lot of girls, and woman are having. Because some makeup companies are putting harsh chemicals and alcohol in there makeup, hence why your skin is is getting drier and irritated more. I have a few sugestions on makeup to try that are hypoallergenic, and for sensitive skin like yours. Try to read the labels as well when looking for a makeup, some products have carmines, fragrance, propylene glycol, bismuth oxychloride, petroleum derivatives, methylparaben, and propylparaben which are all bad for sensitives skin types it will irritate, and inflame your skin! sad
So here are some natural mineral and hypoallergenic options for your skin type:

Best probably for you are :
*Pure & True ( all natural and organic)
* Ecco Bella (organic and natural as well)

Other you might want to try:
*Clinique
* Bare Minerals
*Cleure
*Lancome
*Afterglow Cosmetics

Now for the moisturizer's. Also with your skin type you want to direct yourself away from the harsh chemicals of some products, because it will do nothing good to your skin. Lets go to a more natural and organic path for moisture.

Brands ive tried before that worked are:
* Aubery Organics- Sensitive skin line
*Canus- Goat's milk all natural lotion
*Plantlife- 100% natural body wash & lotion
*Origins- A perfect world liquid moisture with white tea

And last but not least your dark circles. The purple color easily covered with a color corrector concealer to cover up purple get a color correcting concealer in yellow/green it will cover it up because like on a color wheel whatever color is opposite of it will cancel it out. But i do not know of any natural color correcting concealers at the moment. You can always look online for one.
It get rid of the dark circles though will be a bit more difficult. Natural ways of doing it are eating almonds, putting almond oil under your eyes, closing your eyes and putting raw potato, or cucumber on it, and drinking 8-10 glasses of water a day. While doing this you can add a cream under your eyes.

My picks for you are:
*Queen Bee- 100% all natural under eye & wrinkle balm
*One Hundred Percent Pure- 100% Pure organic coffee bean caffeine cream
*Biotique- Almond under eye cream

I hope this helps you, and if you have any more questions, i'm here to ancwer them. Good luck heart

Sakura Anata

Beloved Elder

6,450 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Contributor 150

Shimo Kousetsu

Snuggly Blob

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:42 pm
MissLuna88
Shimo Kousetsu
I've been wearing makeup for years and have never really "gotten it right" I don't think. gonk

I have oily skin; if I put on foundation and then powder within thirty minutes my face is shiny. If I reapply powder it looks really made-up and fake. I recently started using a primer, but it makes maybe an hour's difference.
Also, when I wear eyeliner/eyeshadow, within an hour it's either all over my upper lid or smeared away from oil+blinking. Any way to remedy? D:

Hello Shimo blaugh Well let me get some info about your foundation is it liquid, super matte,cream to powder,stick, gel, or matte? For oily skin types cream to powder foundations is best because it last longer. Its best to apply with a sponge though to cover evenly. Urban Decay Cosmetics surreal skin cream to powder foundation is really good. If you cannot get a cream to powder foundation then second best is a matte foundation. A good matte foundation which is a little cheaper is Maybelline dream matte mousse. You can use Clean and Clear oil absorbing sheets while you are wearing makeup, or even though the day when your not wearing makeup. They are these nifty little sheets that absorb the oils in your face without messing your makeup up. Just blot on oily spot and it will absorb.(You'll know because the sheet will become translucent, and of course your oil will be gone lol. ) Also never keep reapplying your makeup over itself, adding layers on top of layers just makes your makeup look cakey sad It's just better to take it off and do it again trust me. Now when it comes to the primer is it a liquid? I dislike personally liquid primer sad I prefer a cream to powder primer like they have at Sally's beauty supply for I think $ 4.50 it works so much better, and makes my makeup, and the model's I do makeup stay better, and look awesome. Ah the eyeshow sometimes a girls worst enemy lol. I use Elf cosmetics from Target I love them.( you can also buy it online on there site and its cheap but works amazing.) Using a power eye shadow over primer makes it stick. You can also use a finishing powder that is translucent over the eye shadow to make it stay a bit longer. Eyeliner is it pencil or liquid? I believe liquid actually stays longer on the top id. I do it in the morning, and it last all day. Pencil liner I only use for inside the waterline. Using a waterproof mascara works wonders as well. To get rid of oily skin all together remember to cleanse with a oil fighting clenser, a toner to get your ph levels of your skin in the correct ph ( which is slightly acidic) use sunscreen, and use a facial scrub for oily skin twice a week. I hope this helps any other questions please feel free to ask. heart

I use a liquid foundation; covergirl for oily skin, I believe. My powder is the same. My primer is like a cream, it comes out of a pump. I believe it's from Sonia Kashuk... Eyeliner is ELF, as is eyeshadow; I use both liquid and pencil liner.

From my experience no blotting pads have ever worked well; the oil on my skin makes my makeup smudge and come off even if I just blot my skin. I will try the toner though.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:51 pm
kaela2015
Before i say anything, i pretty much need home remedies cause my parents are... yea...

1. i have HUGE pores on my nose. like GIGANTIC expecially in the creases of my nose. they are always filling up with gunk and making my nose look like it has TONS of black heads, which are usually super easy to get rid of with proper treatment but get SO annoying. (expecially when it builds up in the crease and i cant get rid of it.)

2. my nose regulary peels. always... and my mom only buys me bare minerals which just makes it look icky when its peeling. i tried moisturizing it which didnt help, i tried gently scrubbing it every morning noon and night, which didnt help, and i tried using a little bit of cream makeup on my nose, which didnt help.

3. i have deep set eyes and i get these dark shadows on the sides of the bridge of my nose right by the inner corner which i cant stand.

last one. 4. i use crazy waterproof makeup. sometimes great lash, somtimes the falsies mascara. when i use great last it doesnt clump up (which is EPIC) and comes off easy when its time to, but it does make me look like i have darker circles under my eyes than i already do halfway through the day like a racoon. But when i use falsies it clumps (very lightly), makes my eyelashes more bold like i want them, doesnt give me racoon eyes, but wont come off at night and i end up pulling up eyelashes even with a generous amount of lotion and/or waterproof eye makeup remover, so i try to just use the great lash cause i like it bunches.

Hello kaela2015 blaugh It's ok I can assist you threw this. My mom is big into home remedies and she taught me a thing or two. Ok facial scrubs are great to clear and start to reduce the size of your pores, and to help with the feeling of the dead skin. A homemade scrub you can use is stuff you probably have in your kitchen, or can get from a local food store.

* Oatmeal scrub *
( To smooth, tone, and hydrate)
1 Tbsp. ground oatmeal (don't use instant)
1 tsp. lemon juice
2 tsp. yogurt
(leave on for five mins after scrubbing)

*Milk and honey scrub*
( To maximize moisture )
1 tsp Skim Milk (Oily skin)
1 tsp 2% Milk (Normal or combination)
1 tsp Cream (Dry)
1 tsp honey
1 tbsp ground almonds

*Honey and sugar scrub*
(I would use it twice a week)
1 tsp. of honey
1/2 tsp. of sugar (either cane or brown — both work well)
( work it into your face in circular motions don't forget your chin and neck )

Ok now for your peeling. a good home remedy is a facial mask made with peaches and cream.Also good for your dark circles, hydrates, and brightens your complexion as well :

**Peaches and cream mask*
1 Ripe peach ( cut into quarters then take off skin and mash in a bowl)
1 tbsp Whipping cream
( Mash and whip till smooth, then apply and leave for 20 mins.)
(By the way smells amazing too )

100% All natural moisturizer's you can get at the store, or online are:

For the Dark Circles:
* Sleep 7-8 hours a night
*Eat almonds
* Applying almond oil to under your eyes
*Closing your eyes and putting potato, or cucumber (raw) over your eyes
*Drinking a lot of water ( 8-10 glasses a day)

Creams you can try for the dark circles are:

About the mascara question. Your falsies you can use still get Noxzema at the store it comes in a little blue container that will take any makeup off easily, plus removes dirt, and oils from your face. Also you can still use your false lashes you just need to get something called an adhesive remover. When you are going to take them off put a tissue under your eye, with a cutip dip into the adhesive remover apply across eye lashes and falsies wait a few seconds, and remove they will just slide off, no pain promise ! 3nodding Have you tried million lashes mascara, or my personal favorite Maybelline’s volume express. I hope this helps, have a good day ! heart

Sakura Anata

Beloved Elder

6,450 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Contributor 150

Sakura Anata

Beloved Elder

6,450 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:02 pm
Shimo Kousetsu
MissLuna88
Shimo Kousetsu
I've been wearing makeup for years and have never really "gotten it right" I don't think. gonk

I have oily skin; if I put on foundation and then powder within thirty minutes my face is shiny. If I reapply powder it looks really made-up and fake. I recently started using a primer, but it makes maybe an hour's difference.
Also, when I wear eyeliner/eyeshadow, within an hour it's either all over my upper lid or smeared away from oil+blinking. Any way to remedy? D:

Hello Shimo blaugh Well let me get some info about your foundation is it liquid, super matte,cream to powder,stick, gel, or matte? For oily skin types cream to powder foundations is best because it last longer. Its best to apply with a sponge though to cover evenly. Urban Decay Cosmetics surreal skin cream to powder foundation is really good. If you cannot get a cream to powder foundation then second best is a matte foundation. A good matte foundation which is a little cheaper is Maybelline dream matte mousse. You can use Clean and Clear oil absorbing sheets while you are wearing makeup, or even though the day when your not wearing makeup. They are these nifty little sheets that absorb the oils in your face without messing your makeup up. Just blot on oily spot and it will absorb.(You'll know because the sheet will become translucent, and of course your oil will be gone lol. ) Also never keep reapplying your makeup over itself, adding layers on top of layers just makes your makeup look cakey sad It's just better to take it off and do it again trust me. Now when it comes to the primer is it a liquid? I dislike personally liquid primer sad I prefer a cream to powder primer like they have at Sally's beauty supply for I think $ 4.50 it works so much better, and makes my makeup, and the model's I do makeup stay better, and look awesome. Ah the eyeshow sometimes a girls worst enemy lol. I use Elf cosmetics from Target I love them.( you can also buy it online on there site and its cheap but works amazing.) Using a power eye shadow over primer makes it stick. You can also use a finishing powder that is translucent over the eye shadow to make it stay a bit longer. Eyeliner is it pencil or liquid? I believe liquid actually stays longer on the top id. I do it in the morning, and it last all day. Pencil liner I only use for inside the waterline. Using a waterproof mascara works wonders as well. To get rid of oily skin all together remember to cleanse with a oil fighting clenser, a toner to get your ph levels of your skin in the correct ph ( which is slightly acidic) use sunscreen, and use a facial scrub for oily skin twice a week. I hope this helps any other questions please feel free to ask. heart

I use a liquid foundation; covergirl for oily skin, I believe. My powder is the same. My primer is like a cream, it comes out of a pump. I believe it's from Sonia Kashuk... Eyeliner is ELF, as is eyeshadow; I use both liquid and pencil liner.

From my experience no blotting pads have ever worked well; the oil on my skin makes my makeup smudge and come off even if I just blot my skin. I will try the toner though.

Well humm... try the cream that turns into a powder foundation, if your primer comes out of a pump its liquid, not cream. there is a difference. You can always try MAC, Urban Decay, or Lancome eye shadows and liners if you aren't liking ELF. And get the toner yes, but also the cleanser for oily skin, and a type of oil free lotion as well. If the excess of oil/ probly sebum also your experiancing before you put on makeup keeps acting up, you might want to concult a dermatologist. I hope you have a great day, and good luck ! heart

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:47 pm
Keep The Questions Coming I Will Be On Till 10pm est Today...

Sakura Anata

Beloved Elder

6,450 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Contributor 150

kaela2015

Sparkly Friend

11,350 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:36 pm
MissLuna88
kaela2015

Hello kaela2015 blaugh It's ok I can assist you threw this. My mom is big into home remedies and she taught me a thing or two. Ok facial scrubs are great to clear and start to reduce the size of your pores, and to help with the feeling of the dead skin. A homemade scrub you can use is stuff you probably have in your kitchen, or can get from a local food store.

* Oatmeal scrub *
( To smooth, tone, and hydrate)
1 Tbsp. ground oatmeal (don't use instant)
1 tsp. lemon juice
2 tsp. yogurt
(leave on for five mins after scrubbing)

*Milk and honey scrub*
( To maximize moisture )
1 tsp Skim Milk (Oily skin)
1 tsp 2% Milk (Normal or combination)
1 tsp Cream (Dry)
1 tsp honey
1 tbsp ground almonds

*Honey and sugar scrub*
(I would use it twice a week)
1 tsp. of honey
1/2 tsp. of sugar (either cane or brown — both work well)
( work it into your face in circular motions don't forget your chin and neck )

Ok now for your peeling. a good home remedy is a facial mask made with peaches and cream.Also good for your dark circles, hydrates, and brightens your complexion as well :

**Peaches and cream mask*
1 Ripe peach ( cut into quarters then take off skin and mash in a bowl)
1 tbsp Whipping cream
( Mash and whip till smooth, then apply and leave for 20 mins.)
(By the way smells amazing too )

100% All natural moisturizer's you can get at the store, or online are:

For the Dark Circles:
* Sleep 7-8 hours a night
*Eat almonds
* Applying almond oil to under your eyes
*Closing your eyes and putting potato, or cucumber (raw) over your eyes
*Drinking a lot of water ( 8-10 glasses a day)

Creams you can try for the dark circles are:

About the mascara question. Your falsies you can use still get Noxzema at the store it comes in a little blue container that will take any makeup off easily, plus removes dirt, and oils from your face. Also you can still use your false lashes you just need to get something called an adhesive remover. When you are going to take them off put a tissue under your eye, with a cutip dip into the adhesive remover apply across eye lashes and falsies wait a few seconds, and remove they will just slide off, no pain promise ! 3nodding Have you tried million lashes mascara, or my personal favorite Maybelline’s volume express. I hope this helps, have a good day ! heart

thank you!  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:13 pm
MissLuna88
Atomic Poppy
Whoot! I'm lucky then xD
I think I have hair problems. I also get tons of split ends in my hair no matter what. Like 3 inches of my hair are filled with split ends D: Advice? :c

Hello Atomic Poppy blaugh To get rid of split end right now your gonna have to cut them off sorry to say. But good news is if you use a protein treatment after on your hair you can buy at Sally's beauty supply, or a salon you wont have split ends again. You use a repairing protein ( also know as keratin ) on your hair once a week and it rebonds and repairs your ends. Products i know work are: Redken extreme cat protein restructuring treatment for distressed hair,Sebastian penetraitt reconstructive protein treatment, Paul Mitchell hair repair treatment, Paul Mitchell awapuhi wild ginger kera-triplex treatment, and Brazilian blowout acai deep conditioning masque. All of the products are from price ranges of 10-20 US dollars. You don't need too much every time you use it eather start at your ends of the hair, then work it up to your roots. Hope this helps. heart

Wooow. That's a lot of suggestions sweatdrop
Thank you so so so much heart I'll be sure to try it out c:  

Atomic Poppy

Girl-Crazy Smoker

8,350 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

V2Mew

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:52 pm
Hello, I just have two questions C:

Is there anyway to keep my hair neater?
I take time in the morning to wash, blow dry my hair and make it nice but it always gets messed up over the corse of the school day. I've tried to make it stay in place with hair spray but it never holds nicely.

Also, is there anyway to keep my bangs full? (sorry for poor wording)
I have bangs cut straight across and I wear them swept to the side.
In the morning after I blow dry them they look nice and layered with no
gaps but eventually they end up flat and the hair parts, forming gaps.

....so to sum it up, is there anyway to keep my hair looking as nice as it looks after I wash and blow dry it for the whole day?

thank you in advance <33  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:38 pm
MissLuna88

Ty! whee  

khionna

Salty Wench

39,800 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50

Ambutts

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:11 am
I have a question~ What can I do about this?
After a shower and my hair has dried it has really nice gentle curls and I love it
But the second I comb it or brush it at all it it goes like CRAZY POOFY AND FUZZY then I cant get my hair all nice again until I wash my hair again
Is there anything I can use on my hair to keep it from going crazy poofy?
I could take pictures of it if you want  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:51 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

First picture post to gaia, I hope it works. So, I'm trying to decide what kind of hairstyle I should get. I got it cut shoulder length this spring and I really liked it once it grew out a little. That's what you're looking at in the picture. Before that it was just long and mostly the same length, which I didn't like. I was also considering growing it out and getting parts of it different lengths, but I'm worried my hair is too fluffy for that. What I would ideally want is something that looks good with little to no maintenance and doesn't get super fluffy. I hate when my hair won't lie flat.  

Kaiyle Brightblade

Gurotsuki

Scurvy Winner

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:55 am
Do you have tips or ways to remove blackheads completely? There are blackheads all over my face since I was 10!!! crying

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:43 pm
Alright so I have a question that I have been trying to get answers to but can't seem to find any...
How do I make my hair grow faster?
I have cinnamon colored hair naturally, and I dyed it black and straightened it for 2 years during my "goth stage". I wanted to get rid of the black eventually and my mom was all for it. She didn't want to spend the money to get it stripped at a salon, though, so she just bought a home bleaching kit. After protest and submission on my part, we bleached my hair. At this point my natural routes were about an inch out... they turned orange and my hair turned orangey/red. We tried again the next night and my routes turned white and my hair was carrot orange. We then dyed my hair a reddish brown and it lasted for a while. Then after a few months we dyed it my natural brown and it looked great, although now it is faded to a blondish color...

Point of my question: I cut my own hair and have trimmed a good amount of the dead hair away. but there is still about 2-3 inches of dead hair. I don't want to cut my hair off because I can't really pull of short looks, but my dead hair is so obvious and hard to manage! My ends are dead and frizzy and stringy while my routes are silky and soft and curly. How do I make my hair grow faster (naturally and for free/cheap), so that I can cut my hair soon without making it super short? (my hair is just to my shoulders now, with 2-3 inches of dead hair)  

Denkou Soshiatae

Sakura Anata

Beloved Elder

6,450 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:35 pm
gaia_angelleft Hey everyone sorry I haven't been on much.. But I will get to everyone's questions by the end of the weekend. I am having upexpected company coming to my house, so I probly wont be able to get to them tonight.. But deffinaly by Monday everyone will have there answer's . Thank you everyone in advance for your patience, and have a good weekend. Cheers ! gaia_angelright

gaia_kittenstar MissLuna88

04. ✿ - - - Fashion And Clothes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces