Welcome to Gaia! ::

The LGBT Guild

Back to Guilds

This is a guild for all sexual orientation equality supporters to chat and feel welcomed. 

Tags: Homosexual, Bisexual, Transgender, Genderqueer 

Reply General Discussion
Ever fallen/liked someone long distance? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Have you?
  Yes
  No
View Results

GiovannieStorm

5,950 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:48 pm
If you met them online, then I think it has its own charms. Like it's a more powerful relationship than actually being together. Because instead, you fall in love with the person and not what they look like. Instead of touching each other, you both talk and talk, which is something that a lot of couples don't do nowadays. You get to know that person more than anyone else. And at the end, it's so worth it. (If you meet)

:3  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:48 am
yea ive had a few ldrs
some not so good
but ive been with my gf for 7 months already and its all worth it  

Noble Chrissy Crimson

Divine Nymph

7,250 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Punk Patrol 250
  • Divine Donator 100

hoshiokashi

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:28 pm
All of my relationships have been long distance, across the internet.
My first relationship there was a 300 mile difference, my latest one was almost an 1800 mile difference. There was one in between those two that I'm not sure counts, but that one was only a 43 mile distance. c:  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:26 pm
Im in a long distance relationship right now and ive known him since last april and he just asked me to be his bf last month i love my bf 2/21/12 and by the way im a boy too lol  

IrisLove094

IHaveLeftGoodbye

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:15 am
Once, when I was 19. On here actually. Love of my life. What did I do about it? I messed it up repeatedly, then couldnt get over it. Don't talk anymore. Hurts. Truth is, long distance is hard. Rarely works. But if/when it does, tends to be solid. My best friends are struggling with it now and they only live about 40 minutes apart. Mine was around 12 hours I think. rofl  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:30 am
yea i have had about 4 online relationships and my 4th relationship which i am still in has lasted for almost three years. Me and my gf are very happy and we plan to one day meet but it seems almost impossible. I guess ut makes me love her so much n-more because she is tha=at something that i want so bad but know that i may not ever be able to have it. My gf is my life she is my sun my moon my everything and she is the most amazing person ever. I have only had a few actual relationships and i admit that online dating is a lot harrder then regular dating because you cant actually see the person or touch the person but at the same time it's a lot easier because it makes them great to talk to. Yea i guess that's all i have to say smile  

sweet goddess 808

Pompette

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:48 am
Yeah of course, I'm sure many have. My last online long distance boyfriend was a year and a half ago, after him I haven't really liked anyone else or was really interested in online relationships anymore. neutral Back then I was a really sensitive person, and I chose to break up with him because he couldn't stand up for me and was a bit immature...Eh I forgot how he was immature but oh well. Anyway, I was a jealous freak back then as well (I'm more laid-back now rofl ) and he didn't like that about me, as well as not telling him anything that was making me feel depressed. Being with him was hell, because everytime he told me hadda' go hang out with his friend(s) whom I knew as well, my heart would collapse in a sec'. burning_eyes

So I was a possessive person back then, and pretty self-centered, but I guess that was normal to just wanting to spend time with him all day. redface I wasn't one of those straightforward jealous people who would straight up tell his friends to back off he's mine. rofl I knew that friendships were also important, and important for him to have friends, not just me as his girlfriend (he doesn't/didn't know I'm transgendered, and neither did I, I was still questioning myself.)...but it still bothered me.

...So, of course breaking up with him hurt him as much as it hurt me. (well, it didn't really affect me much because I was already sick of it.) ...and I quitted Gaia, then came back a few months later and remained friends with him...distance friends. blaugh  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:30 pm
i currently am i love with someone long distance <3  

Vinsmokin

iMidnightYoshida

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:20 pm
I've had lots of long distance relationships, but my most recent was with a Pinoy name Jeck! I meet him when I was 18 (currently 19) on a gay yahoo chat room. He was 7 years older than me, but I still liked him. Everyday we would talk and do video chats when he got off work. Our relationship went on for 4 or 5 months before it ended. Well, it didn't really end....we just didn't talk much after he got busier with work. When we did meet up it would be only like 10 minutes before he left again. We talk a little on Facebook now when he's online. We're more like friends.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:13 am
Not too many times, but yes I have had long distance crushes but I've never told any of them. Thought it might ruin the long distance friendship, I definitely don't want that... crying
I still they are beautiful but I'm just keeping it as friends. We communicate by email and Facebook. 3nodding

AKeikoB

Friendly Kitten

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200

FaithCornelius

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:12 pm
I am actually struggling with a long distance relationship at the moment.

I met this girl a month in a half ago and we have been talking ever since. We've literally talked on the phone every night. When we first met we talked for hours no problem up until the point that we met in person about a week 2 weeks ago. And after she went back home we were fine until this weekend. Her family was down and she barely had time ot talk to me and shes been stressed this week and i feel like shes distancing herself. And I told her how I feel and she says she is just stressed.. but idk i have a bad feeling. :/  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:45 pm
FaithCornelius
I am actually struggling with a long distance relationship at the moment.

I met this girl a month in a half ago and we have been talking ever since. We've literally talked on the phone every night. When we first met we talked for hours no problem up until the point that we met in person about a week 2 weeks ago. And after she went back home we were fine until this weekend. Her family was down and she barely had time ot talk to me and shes been stressed this week and i feel like shes distancing herself. And I told her how I feel and she says she is just stressed.. but idk i have a bad feeling. :/

In those situations I always learned that letting her come to you is best, and if she doesn't then that silence speak volumes. Hope she comes around though. long distance is defiantly more challenging.  

CheizLord

6,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Citizen 200

Zydrate Popsicle

Sexy Krampus

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:33 pm
The long distance thing is always hard. I remember last year I had typed that it hade been a year and a half since I had gotten together with m boyfriend, when we were only connected by computer screens. Well here it is, two and a half years after we had started dating, and now we are together in person. Long distance is tough but if you stick it out, you can definately do it.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:34 pm
I actually met my last ex on Gaia. We lived a state away and dated for almost a year. I broke up with him in March though. Now, I really like this girl (whom I also met on Gaia) and she likes me. We've exchanged numbers and we talk a lot, but it's weird with the time difference. She lives farther away than my ex did, which makes it hard to communicate sometimes. But...she's truly incredible. Thinking about her alone makes me smile. She is beautiful and brilliant and fun and unique. We've taken to calling each other our sweethearts because we agree you can't truly fall in love until you meet someone in person and see your chemistry. But she is my sweetheart and I am so lucky to have her.

Later this week, we are going to video chat for the first time. I wish we could see each other a lot more and we could talk more, but it is what it is.  

Angela Jade

Distinct Sex Symbol

8,900 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Ultimate Player 200

NYrHIPPIE

Devoted Flatterer

6,550 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Generous 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:41 pm
I'm in my 2nd long distance relationship. The first one was terrible, but the one I'm in now is incredible. emotion_bigheart My girlfriend and I have been together for 6 1/2 months and she's the most wonderful girl I've ever met. I hope to meet her when I'm in college, she makes me the happiest girl in the world. emotion_kirakira  
General Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff