Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
A 17 year old dating a 14 year old Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What do you think?
I approve!
55%
 55%  [ 38 ]
I do not approve!
27%
 27%  [ 19 ]
I WANT GOLD!!!
17%
 17%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 69

CheizLord

6,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:00 pm
The whole school work thing isn't the major problem here. It's not impossible to balance school work and relationships. It's been done before. My focus on this is the maturity level, and respecting the parent's wishes.

when you're under 18, age isn't just a number; it matters. Emotional and mental maturity comes with age. The brain is constantly developing from the day you're born and doesn't stop until youre in your mid twenties. It's a fact. This means that even if she seems mature for her age her brain isn't going to be as developed as yours. Meaning,She virtually can't hold as much maturity as you, her brain won't allow it. Also, emotionally she isn't going to be as intuitive as you are and have as much relationship or life experience. (Later in life this becomes less of a problem, but as a teenager the experience levels are bound to matter). Her viewpoints are going to be from a 14 year old's perspective, a little more ignorant and less explored than yours. This is innevitable and could pose a problem when you run into a challenge in your relatioship that you have to work out, which evidentally you would have eventually come across if you continued to date. The honeymoon phase doesn't last forever, and the demand for you two to show your maturity would become an overall necesity in order to nurture and maintain the relationship. I honestly don't think you two dated long enough to put that maturity level to the test in the relationship to realize this.

Also, from personal experience at her age she might not be looking for what you are. Because you're older you find you might want a long term relationship, or something meaningful out of this because you've been through mroe relationships by now. She's only 14 and sne might not want something long term, because she hasn't been with as many people as you and shes still exploring what she wants in a relationship, where as you probably have a better idea. Generally relationships at that young an age don't last more than a few months anyway because they find themselves in relatioships they thought they wanted to be in, but didn't because they weren't sure what they were looking and discovered things they didn't know that they didn't like. Basically you shouldn't put too much stock in it becoming a serious relationship right now anyway.

Going behind her parent's back doesn't exactly make a good impression. I know your intentions are good but secret dating often puts stress on a relationship and in most cases forces it to end badly regardless. You're lucky that her parents still let you see her. Mos parent's wouldn't be as trusting of someone who went behind their back with their daughter to not trust you wont do it again. If you want to make something out of this in the future then don't give them another reason to distrust you.

My advice? If you really do love each other and you two bring out the positive motives in each other like you said, then you'll have no problem waiting. Strengthen your bond now and regain her parent's trust. show them you're a true gentleman and that you respect their daughter.Just beause you know sex isn't in the picture, they don't. So don't go dating her and doing so behind her back while her parents still forbid it. When you're both mature enough and have her parent's consent, continue the relationship. By this time you can expect you'll have a better handle on your relationship problems once they arise (eveyone has them), and you can also expect she'll be more willing to be in commited relationship which is why making a good second impression on her parents is so important if you two are planning on being together for a while. And don't stop the self improovement just because you two aren't dating. Better yourself because you want to do something for you, not just her.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:48 am
If you are not doing things, its not an issue. When I was 14 I was dating people 17 and 18. While small age differences are more important at younger ages, as time goes on it will only dwindle. People far greater than 3 years often date down the road.  

Saelune

IRL Fairy

7,650 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Alchemy Level 3 100

Countervail

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:48 am
love doesn't mind age.

btw.

Don't secks her, ok? emotion_facepalm  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:28 am
CheizLord
The whole school work thing isn't the major problem here. It's not impossible to balance school work and relationships. It's been done before. My focus on this is the maturity level, and respecting the parent's wishes.

when you're under 18, age isn't just a number; it matters. Emotional and mental maturity comes with age. The brain is constantly developing from the day you're born and doesn't stop until youre in your mid twenties. It's a fact. This means that even if she seems mature for her age her brain isn't going to be as developed as yours. Meaning,She virtually can't hold as much maturity as you, her brain won't allow it. Also, emotionally she isn't going to be as intuitive as you are and have as much relationship or life experience. (Later in life this becomes less of a problem, but as a teenager the experience levels are bound to matter). Her viewpoints are going to be from a 14 year old's perspective, a little more ignorant and less explored than yours. This is innevitable and could pose a problem when you run into a challenge in your relatioship that you have to work out, which evidentally you would have eventually come across if you continued to date. The honeymoon phase doesn't last forever, and the demand for you two to show your maturity would become an overall necesity in order to nurture and maintain the relationship. I honestly don't think you two dated long enough to put that maturity level to the test in the relationship to realize this.

Also, from personal experience at her age she might not be looking for what you are. Because you're older you find you might want a long term relationship, or something meaningful out of this because you've been through mroe relationships by now. She's only 14 and sne might not want something long term, because she hasn't been with as many people as you and shes still exploring what she wants in a relationship, where as you probably have a better idea. Generally relationships at that young an age don't last more than a few months anyway because they find themselves in relatioships they thought they wanted to be in, but didn't because they weren't sure what they were looking and discovered things they didn't know that they didn't like. Basically you shouldn't put too much stock in it becoming a serious relationship right now anyway.

Going behind her parent's back doesn't exactly make a good impression. I know your intentions are good but secret dating often puts stress on a relationship and in most cases forces it to end badly regardless. You're lucky that her parents still let you see her. Mos parent's wouldn't be as trusting of someone who went behind their back with their daughter to not trust you wont do it again. If you want to make something out of this in the future then don't give them another reason to distrust you.

My advice? If you really do love each other and you two bring out the positive motives in each other like you said, then you'll have no problem waiting. Strengthen your bond now and regain her parent's trust. show them you're a true gentleman and that you respect their daughter.Just beause you know sex isn't in the picture, they don't. So don't go dating her and doing so behind her back while her parents still forbid it. When you're both mature enough and have her parent's consent, continue the relationship. By this time you can expect you'll have a better handle on your relationship problems once they arise (eveyone has them), and you can also expect she'll be more willing to be in commited relationship which is why making a good second impression on her parents is so important if you two are planning on being together for a while. And don't stop the self improovement just because you two aren't dating. Better yourself because you want to do something for you, not just her.
I agree  

inu_fan77777

Skreemer

Wild Prophet

6,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:49 am
Hate to say it, but a forced small environment like a place you work is pretty much an impetus to overlook differences for a while. I've been in your situation before and it caused a little friction for me at my school/sixth form. But coming back to those differences, they will bite you in the a**, for want of better metaphor eventually. I do applaud your efforts so far, but it does seem like the pros outweigh the cons here. Just take what you've learnt from it and make a clean exit. Or dont, your call.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:39 pm
inu_fan77777
CheizLord

I agree

Im glad someone does.  

CheizLord

6,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Citizen 200

Ryura_Kayano

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:41 pm
It's only 3 years apart  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:51 pm
CheizLord
inu_fan77777
CheizLord

when you're under 18, age isn't just a number; it matters. Emotional and mental maturity comes with age. The brain is constantly developing from the day you're born and doesn't stop until your in your mid twenties. It's a fact. This means that even if she seems mature for her age her brain isn't going to be as developed as yours. Meaning,She virtually can't hold as much maturity as you, her brain won't allow it. Also, emotionally she isn't going to be as intuitive as you are and have as much relationship or life experience. (Later in life this becomes less of a problem, but as a teenager the experience levels are bound to matter). Her viewpoints are going to be from a 14 year old's perspective, a little more ignorant and less explored than yours. This is inevitable and could pose a problem when you run into a challenge in your relationship that you have to work out, which evidently you would have eventually come across if you continued to date. The honeymoon phase doesn't last forever, and the demand for you two to show your maturity would become an overall necessity in order to nurture and maintain the relationship. I honestly don't think you two dated long enough to put that maturity level to the test in the relationship to realize this.

Also, from personal experience at her age she might not be looking for what you are. Because you're older you find you might want a long term relationship, or something meaningful out of this because you've been through more relationships by now. She's only 14 and she might not want something long term, because she hasn't been with as many people as you and shes still exploring what she wants in a relationship, where as you probably have a better idea. Generally relationships at that young an age don't last more than a few months anyway because they find themselves in relationships they thought they wanted to be in, but didn't because they weren't sure what they were looking and discovered things they didn't know that they didn't like. Basically you shouldn't put too much stock in it becoming a serious relationship right now anyway.

My advice? If you really do love each other and you two bring out the positive motives in each other like you said, then you'll have no problem waiting. Strengthen your bond now and regain her parent's trust. show them you're a true gentleman and that you respect their daughter.Just because you know sex isn't in the picture, they don't. So don't go dating her and doing so behind her back while her parents still forbid it. When you're both mature enough and have her parent's consent, continue the relationship. By this time you can expect you'll have a better handle on your relationship problems once they arise (everyone has them), and you can also expect she'll be more willing to be in committed relationship which is why making a good second impression on her parents is so important if you two are planning on being together for a while. And don't stop the self improvement just because you two aren't dating. Better yourself because you want to do something for you, not just her.
I agree

I'm glad someone does.
I also have a little bit of the point of view I was 14 once and I tried to date an 18 yr old at first I saw nothing wrong with it because people date others that are 10 yrs and younger than them and even get married but when we were actually together my immaturity and his maturity did not mesh he had different views of life than me and allot of other stuff not like I did anything stupid like sex thank goodness he pressured that allot though always talking about sex love and marriage and I was def not thinking of any of that at 14 but now I'm 19 have learned from all my mistakes and it has helped me to not make any in the future and I am pure and will stay that way till after marriage. 3nodding well with a man that is mrgreen woman a whole other story 4laugh heart  

inu_fan77777

CheizLord

6,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:17 am
inu_fan77777
CheizLord
inu_fan77777
CheizLord

when you're under 18, age isn't just a number; it matters. Emotional and mental maturity comes with age. The brain is constantly developing from the day you're born and doesn't stop until your in your mid twenties. It's a fact. This means that even if she seems mature for her age her brain isn't going to be as developed as yours. Meaning,She virtually can't hold as much maturity as you, her brain won't allow it. Also, emotionally she isn't going to be as intuitive as you are and have as much relationship or life experience. (Later in life this becomes less of a problem, but as a teenager the experience levels are bound to matter). Her viewpoints are going to be from a 14 year old's perspective, a little more ignorant and less explored than yours. This is inevitable and could pose a problem when you run into a challenge in your relationship that you have to work out, which evidently you would have eventually come across if you continued to date. The honeymoon phase doesn't last forever, and the demand for you two to show your maturity would become an overall necessity in order to nurture and maintain the relationship. I honestly don't think you two dated long enough to put that maturity level to the test in the relationship to realize this.

Also, from personal experience at her age she might not be looking for what you are. Because you're older you find you might want a long term relationship, or something meaningful out of this because you've been through more relationships by now. She's only 14 and she might not want something long term, because she hasn't been with as many people as you and shes still exploring what she wants in a relationship, where as you probably have a better idea. Generally relationships at that young an age don't last more than a few months anyway because they find themselves in relationships they thought they wanted to be in, but didn't because they weren't sure what they were looking and discovered things they didn't know that they didn't like. Basically you shouldn't put too much stock in it becoming a serious relationship right now anyway.

My advice? If you really do love each other and you two bring out the positive motives in each other like you said, then you'll have no problem waiting. Strengthen your bond now and regain her parent's trust. show them you're a true gentleman and that you respect their daughter.Just because you know sex isn't in the picture, they don't. So don't go dating her and doing so behind her back while her parents still forbid it. When you're both mature enough and have her parent's consent, continue the relationship. By this time you can expect you'll have a better handle on your relationship problems once they arise (everyone has them), and you can also expect she'll be more willing to be in committed relationship which is why making a good second impression on her parents is so important if you two are planning on being together for a while. And don't stop the self improvement just because you two aren't dating. Better yourself because you want to do something for you, not just her.
I agree

I'm glad someone does.
I also have a little bit of the point of view I was 14 once and I tried to date an 18 yr old at first I saw nothing wrong with it because people date others that are 10 yrs and younger than them and even get married but when we were actually together my immaturity and his maturity did not mesh he had different views of life than me and allot of other stuff not like I did anything stupid like sex thank goodness he pressured that allot though always talking about sex love and marriage and I was def not thinking of any of that at 14 but now I'm 19 have learned from all my mistakes and it has helped me to not make any in the future and I am pure and will stay that way till after marriage. 3nodding well with a man that is mrgreen woman a whole other story 4laugh heart

Yeah I mean age doesnt really matter after a certain point, but when youre 18 dating more than two years youngerthan you theres a lot pf barriers there.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:33 am
CheizLord
inu_fan77777
CheizLord
inu_fan77777
CheizLord

I agree

I'm glad someone does.

Yeah I mean age doesnt really matter after a certain point, but when youre 18 dating more than two years youngerthan you theres a lot pf barriers there.
yes User Image  

inu_fan77777

CheizLord

6,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:49 am
inu_fan77777
CheizLord
inu_fan77777
CheizLord
inu_fan77777
CheizLord

I agree

I'm glad someone does.

yes User Image

XD Hope you read these posts mr dude  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:52 am
CheizLord
inu_fan77777
CheizLord
inu_fan77777
CheizLord

I'm glad someone does.

yes User Image

lol I'm just joking  

inu_fan77777

CheizLord

6,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:00 am
inu_fan77777
CheizLord
inu_fan77777
CheizLord
inu_fan77777
CheizLord

I'm glad someone does.

yes User Image

lol I'm just joking

haha no I just meant were all psoting stuff trying to help him but he hasnt responded to anyones post. Maybe he forgot about it D:  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:31 am
CheizLord
inu_fan77777
CheizLord
inu_fan77777
CheizLord

yes User Image

lol I'm just joking

haha no I just meant were all psoting stuff trying to help him but he hasnt responded to anyones post. Maybe he forgot about it D:
yup same with another person in my advice guild I gave really good advice and I'm waiting for a reply  

inu_fan77777

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces