Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply The Library
Fiction & Literature Section Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:21 pm
User ImageXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXUser ImageUser Image
ⒽⓐⓛⓕⓑⓛⓞⓞⓓxxxxxThis time, for real, tired of playing it safexxxxxInside I feel, I've got what it takesxxxxxTo prove to the world who I really can bexxxxxI know for sure, there's no stopping me
⒮⒤⒩⒢⒧⒠

Tanya didn't even dignify his comment with a reply and instead groaned louder as he made a joke about her finding the blasted paper something as stupid as "fate." Pah! Like she believed in something like that! And of course the reason she merely just glared at him was not because she thought the sight of his wrinkled nose was cute. Nope. Never. Perish the thought. She groaned even louder and more dramatically as he suggested actually researching in a library and buried her nose into his shoulder inadvertently sniffing him finding she quite liked his unique scent. She didn't really know how to explain it, it was like ink and papaya black tea mixed in with what she assumed to be normal boy smell. He smelt nice, which is why she was mentally freaking out about why her platonic guy friend suddenly smelled this way. The logical part of her mind told her that he's always smelled this way and that she just happened to notice while the loudest part of her mind was screaming "ABORT ABORT ABORT." So Tanya actually listened and lifted her head from his shoulder and snorted as Echo called her the "fearless leader" and instructed her to lead causing her to let out a gusty sigh as she stretched her arms into the air and arched her back feeling something pop making her let out an involuntary hum. "As the leader of this exposition I suggest we sit tight and just wait it out for a few minutes. Partly to see if anything really does happen, but mostly because I'm tired from running around everywhere." she grinned sheepishly before adopting a thoughtful expression on her face. It could be taken completely out of context but really, when had she ever thought out all that she did? So with that thought in mind she scooted over and lowered her head onto one of his knees and made herself comfortable as she stared at the crumpled pair beneath her dark lashes.

Cara MiaKitty

Quote:

Quote:

It's my turn now & you know that I'm readyxxxxxIt's my turn now, yeah, I'm strong, and I'm steadyxxxxxBreak down the wall, gonna go for it allxxxxxIt's my time, gonna shine, show you howxxxxxBecause it's my turn now

UniformWhere: Library~Fiction and Literature SectionWith: EchoThinking: Nope nope nopeOOC

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:12 pm
User Image

ℂ𝕌ℝℝ𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕃𝕐
                                                          ╔═══════════════════════════════╗
                                                          Single
                                                          Looking Quiet at the Library with Tanya
                                                          xxxFEELINGxxx
                                                          Excited
                                                          xxxTHINKINGxxx
                                                          ❝ This might actually be sort of fun. ❞

╚═══════════════════════════════╝

Don't worry your head off; ♣ ♥ ♦ ♠xxx
                                                          There's always a fate worse than death ♣ ♥ ♦ ♠xxxxxx
                                                          Pray you go quietly, quick and not violently ♣ ♥ ♦ ♠xxxxxxxxx
                                                          ═════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceEcho couldn't help but grin at the glare she gave him for his comment about fate. Hey, who was she to knock fate, anyway? Divination was a thing. A completely ridiculous thing that was next to impossible to follow or understand, but a thing nonetheless. He wouldn't pretend to understand it... but there were prophecies, right, and those came true. So, fate must be real, at least to some extent. Still, he didn't quite think that fate could really have much of anything to do with this. He honestly thought she'd grabbed that particular scrap of paper because it'd been the one she'd seen when her brain started getting desperate. Not that he'd actually say that, since he was pretty sure she'd hit him or something equally unpleasant. Actually, before he could say much of anything, her face was pressed against his shoulder and... wait, was she sniffing him? He blinked oddly at that; did he smell weird or something? He should just smell like his shampoo and soap, right? And whatever they washed the robes and things in. Nothing odd. He thought about asking, but figured that, hey, if he didn't stink, it didn't matter, and he was pretty sure that if the smell was unpleasant, she'd have said something. He did think that he was relatively good about his personal hygiene, after all. Hmph. Well, whatever.

spaceThe Ravenclaw snickered lightly ta his friend's declaration. Honestly, he was a bit tired, too, mostly because the girl had drug him all over the damned castle before coming to the brilliant conclusion that clearly a ghost who'd been in Ravenclaw house would leave a clue in the library, of all places. He'd have liked for her to've thought of that an hour or so ago, really. He couldn't even be bothered to try and act offended that she was stereotyping his house. Mostly because he was tired, but also because it wasn't like he could argue the point; he did spend rather a lot of time in the library, after all. "I think a break sounds excellent, he declared solemnly, more than happy that she was apparently giving him a breather. Or, taking one for herself that he just happened to be being allowed to share. Whatever, the point was, he was sitting, which was absolutely lovely. Then, her head was resting on his knee, and he arched a brow, not that she could see it, since she was looking at the paper. Just as well, though. He didn't really want her to see the blush that spread across his cheeks, or how very, very confused he suddenly was. Not that it was odd for Tanya to make herself comfortable around him, but... well, she'd certainly never laid down on top of him before. Perhaps 'laid down on top of him' was a bit of an exaggeration, but it didn't feel like one. He couldn't help but think of his sister, and the way she was always draping herself all over Jeremy. This... this wasn't like that, right? His flush deepened. No, no way. Tanya didn't... why would she? And didn't she have a crush on... he didn't even know. But... he gave his head a light shake, hoping she wouldn't notice. He didn't really want to tell her what he was thinking... it'd be really embarrassing when she laughed at him over it.

╚═════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          xxx♣ ♥ ♦ ♠ No need to worry; we all meet our end someday
                                                          xxxxxx♣ ♥ ♦ ♠ Pray you go silently into the bleak dead of night

User Image

(( OOC: ))

Yukina101

Violet the Maestro

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

Deviled Dregs

Wealthy Lunatic

7,375 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:35 pm
I could buy myself a reason,
I could sell myself a job,
I could hang myself on treason,
All the folks I know are gone

User Image

User Image

Second year ║ Slytherin ║ Pureblood ║ Chaser

Devonte kept relatively silent as they walked through the castle towards the entrance to the library. He really had no reason to speak up. They weren't friendly together (he still found it strange why she offered to help; he doubted it was because of her overwhelming kindness), and he really wasn't friendly with any of the students they passed. In fact, he was sure that most had given him dirty looks as he passed. He couldn't help but comment when it came to their Herbology professor though, as he felt he was much too overrated. Everyone went on and on about how he was so scary, and honestly, he didn't see it. It all seemed like an act to try and scare students into doing the work. An act which obviously hadn't worked on him. He hated Herbology, and if every plant on the planet Earth died right now, he would not shed even one tear. "He can try and look scary all he wants, I honestly don't care about his opinion."

He breathed a sigh of relief as they finally made it to the library after what seemed like an eternity. He honestly didn't know where the hell Layton would be located in the library. Studying, maybe? He didn't think they had any pending exams coming up, though, so maybe he was just reading for pleasure. Devonte couldn't help but feel sickened at the thought. In any case, he made his way to the Fiction section, not knowing whether or not Lola was still following behind him, but not exactly caring enough to check. As he made his way through the shelves of books, he noticed Layton sitting at a table, reading a book that he couldn't make the title out of. He walked towards him, ignoring his dirty look when he approached. 'Love you too,' he thought. He sighed, taking the seat across from him and placing his hands onto the table.

"What do you want?" Layton said coldly, looking up a bit to see Lola behind his Slytherin brother. What the..? He adjusted his position and put his eyes back on his brother, awaiting his answer. "Mum and dad wrote to me at breakfast this morning. Someone's dead. Solomon, I think his name was." He raised his eyebrow at Layton's surprised expression. Did he know him? That was impossible. If Layton did, that would mean he had to. But he didn't. "Not well, but mum took me to visit him and his family once. He seemed nice enough. That's a shame. Guess you and dad were doing something else."

Devonte nodded and leaned back in the chair a bit. "Guess so. Anyway, the funeral's over the holidays, so they want us to come back then." He could see Layton's pained expression even behind his bangs. He didn't do too well in hiding it. Or maybe he just knew his brother too well. "Well, alright. That all?" Devonte nodded, straightening up again. "Yep." He noticed Layton look to Lola, almost in an apologetic manner. "Uh, sorry that you had to hear this. Didn't think he'd be bringing you along.." What was with him? Did he like Lola, or something? Gross.

OOC:

mc2

So I ate the wedding cake,
Until the whole damn thing was gone,
And I'm gonna drown the ocean,
Now ain't none of that so wrong?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:01 pm
User Image
Lola Mutan Ye a.k.a. Lolli xxxxx
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
xxxxxxxxx <2nd Year>
Time: 2029-2030
Looking: Pretty Clever

------------------------------------------------------------------------xx
Lola merely shrugged at Devonte's response about Professor Hill. It wasn't her business if he thought the professor was scary or not. Personally, Lola didn't see the big hype on why people thought Professor Hill was scary. Obviously he had it in him to care about plants enough to become an expert at plants he had a respect for life. Lola couldn't see him as the type to go around murdering people or what not. He was likely more bark then bite. As Devonte took the lead, Lola followed, folding her arms behind her back and not saying anything. When the approached Layton, reading, and the Hufflepuff looked up and scowled at Devonte, Lola frowned slightly before biting her lip. As the conversation progressed, Lola looked away, feeling awkward she was still there for it, and bad about the death. She felt it was more wrong to leave, though. At least the death didn't seem to hard on either of them, probably because they didn't seem to know him, this Solomon, very well. Devonte apparently had never met the man at all.

It was when Layton addressed her, Lola looked back, scowling slightly when he said that he hadn't expected for Devonte to bring her along. She then smiled half apologetic to Layton and then to Devonte before quickly waving her hands in front of her, "Oh. Devon didn't 'bring' me along. We met by chance. He found me in the gardens... I spend a lot of time there. He was looking for you, I just volunteered to help out. I... It wasn't like I was doing anything too much, just visiting... It makes more sense for two people to look for someone than one."

She smiled and shrugged, "Um... sorry for your loss you two. I should be apologizing for staying for a conversation that doesn't involve me."

------------------------------------------------------------------------

{OoC: }
King Beardly

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

SummerIsles

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 10:48 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

¢єяι ∂ανιєѕ
ѕιχтн уєαя нυffℓєρυff
ρяєfє¢т

ℓєт'ѕ нι∂є συяѕєℓνєѕ fяσм єνєяуσиє
נυѕт тαкє му нαи∂ αи∂ ωє ¢αи яυи

αѕ мσмєитѕ fяєєzє ℓєт'ѕ мαкє вєℓιєνє
ωє'ℓℓ αℓωαуѕ вє fσяєνєя уσυиg

ѕσσи тнє иιgнт ωιℓℓ ¢σмє, συя ѕιℓнσυєттєѕ ιи тнє ѕєттιиg ѕυи

Ceri was sitting in the library, studying notes from several different classes. The N.E.W.T. level classes were definitely more difficult and the girl figured that, coming up to mid-terms, she'd need to study a little more intensely. She'd picked the fiction and literature section because the study area was simply too... crowded. It wasn't loud, per say, but there was enough of a distraction there that she had selected a different section. Her mind was already distracted as it was, but she was trying her hardest to focus on her studying and not Antigone. The girl was definitely an enigma to her. Their conversations were nice enough, but she always seemed like she was hiding some big secret. Ceri understood where she was coming from, both girls had a troubled home life. She just didn't understand how it could take so long to bring someone from their shell, not remembering how hard it was for her friends to break her shell... She sighed and switched to studying her Care of Magical Creatures notes. While she was flipping through them, she tried to decide which area of animals she'd like to focus on if she were to become a magizoologist.

ι fєєℓ тнє нєαт, тнє ѕυммєя ѕ¢єиє
ℓιкє ѕтαи∂ιиg ιи α ℓινιиg ∂яєαм
ℓιкє fℓαѕнιиg ℓιgнтѕ fяσм мσνιє ѕ¢яєєиѕ

тнιѕ fєєℓѕ ѕσ яιgнт ι ¢αи'т вєℓιєνє
ωє ѕιт ѕσ ѕтιℓℓ, ѕσ ¢ℓσѕє, ѕσ иєαя

тнєѕє нєαятѕ ωιℓℓ ωανє ѕσ ℓσυ∂ αи∂ ¢ℓєαя
ℓєт'ѕ ¢ℓσѕє συя єуєѕ αи∂ ∂ιѕαρρєαя.

{συт σf ¢нαяα¢тєя: ...}

The Forgotten Weasley

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 1:02 pm
Down by the river, by the boats...
Where everybody goes to be alone...
Where you won't see any rising sun...
Down to the river we will run!
When by the water we drink to the dregs-
Look at the stones on the river bed.
I can tell from your eyes...
You've never been by the riverside.

User Image
α и т ı g ø и e
¢ α š š ı ø ρ e ı α
ł ı ł ł α и т ı и e

яανeи¢łαωšıχтħ чeαяρυяeвłøøđše¢øиđ вøяи

It was all well and good, Anti thought, as she entered the library, to have a plan. It was another thing entirely to actually carry said plan out. And since the winter holiday was rapidly approaching, so were her doubts. The elder Lillantines were forcing all three of them to come home for Yule; she expected Evander would spend as much time out of the house as possible, and she had no idea what Cyrus would occupy himself with. Honestly, she didn't want to know. Her mother had made some mention of arranging an engagement for him, and she pitied whoever it was. She would be spending the majority of the time with her fiance and his family, and Anti was looking forward to it the way one looked forward to getting their teeth yanked out one by. And she was slightly concerned that after a week or two under the scrutiny of not one but two old families she'd crack and abandon her plans for the summer altogether. The library seemed like a good distraction, but when she spotted a familiar head of red hair immersed in books, she knew she'd slowed down too much not to be noticed by the other girl, and so somewhat hesitantly approached, pulling a chair out at what she thought seemed like safe distance away. "Studying for NEWTs?" she asked quietly, avoiding eye contact.

OOC:
SummerIsles

Down by the water, the riverbed-
Somebody calls you, somebody says;
"Swim with the current and float away,
Down by the river everyday."
Oh, my God, I see, how everything-
Is torn in the river deep...
And I don't know why I go the way;
Down by the riverside.

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

SummerIsles

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 4:00 pm

¢єяι ∂ανιєѕ
ѕιχтн уєαя нυffℓєρυff
ρяєfє¢т

The familiar voice that had been on her mind a lot recently, the same familiar voice she was here trying not to think about, suddenly sounded near her. Really near to her, actually. Ceri looked up to see Antigone sitting near her. The red head's cheeks suddenly colored a little bit and the girl looked down at her notes. What was she doing here? Was she looking for Ceri? That made no sense, because she usually tried to avoid her. "Yeah, just trying to prep for midterms," she said into her books, wondering why her cheeks were red. Was it because she'd been thinking about Anti, even though she was supposed to be focusing? The girl was an enigma, after all. Ceri chewed on her lip for a second before adding, "How about you?"

The Forgotten Weasley

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 7:45 pm

User Image
α и т ı g ø и e
¢ α š š ı ø ρ e ı α
ł ı ł ł α и т ı и e

Anti wasn't thinking about midterms, or exams, or any of her classes at all. Fortunately for her she generally did very well in terms of grades and didn't have to worry about studying, at least not to the extent some of her classmates did. She had even, she thought now, bitterly, done better on her OWLs than Vander, but that hadn't seemed to matter to her father. She was the brightest in the family, the only one who had ever truly succeeded when it came to school, and it was all pushed aside because she wasn't a boy, she wasn't the heir. "I'm... thinking," she said after a moment, twisting her engagement ring this way and that. "About the winter holiday. And what it will be like... at home." Now she was giving herself pause; if she revealed too much and ended up regretting it later... "My parents are insisting I come home," she went on as if it was only a minor inconvenience and not a typically manipulative power play on their part, forcing her home to play hostess to a man- not a boy, he'd be nineteen by the spring- whom she felt nothing but mild revulsion towards whenever she laid eyes on him. It wasn't entirely his fault, she supposed, even if he had essentially bought her like an animal. His letters, which came about once a month, were polite enough, although worded as if he thought he was conversing with a twelve year old child, asking her about the most trivial things.

OOC:
SummerIsles

Down by the riverside.

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

SummerIsles

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 7:53 pm

¢єяι ∂ανιєѕ
ѕιχтн уєαя нυffℓєρυff
ρяєfє¢т

Her behavior was off, even for her and she seemed to be entirely too distracted. Some of her friends could get involved in studying, but this was beyond that. Ceri noticed movement out of the corner of her eye and glanced down for a second to see Antigone twisting a ring on her finger. The girl furrowed her brow a little and listened to Anti. She said her parents were insisting that she come home. It didn't sound like she was too interested in going home for the holidays. Ceri completely understood that mentality. Her stepmother was awful and she hadn't received a gift from her father since before she'd attended Hogwarts. Not even a letter, to be fair. "What are you going to do?" she asked unsure of what to say. She could offer her place as a refuge, but she was unsure of how Anti would react. She didn't care about what Belinda would say. Ceri knew who the house really belonged to and that was all that mattered. Chewing on her lip, the redhead watched the brunette, hoping that she had something planned.

The Forgotten Weasley

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 7:38 pm

User Image
α и т ı g ø и e
¢ α š š ı ø ρ e ı α
ł ı ł ł α и т ı и e

Anti wasn't sure when she had become the more talkative one, but compared to their first few interactions Ceri seemed almost mute. She supposed whatever fascination the other girl had seemed to have with her could have faded, and knew she ought to feel relieved about it, but felt somewhat slighted all the same. The brunette laughed shortly at the question. "Go home, of course. If I don't they'll pull me out of school; they're already paranoid about 'negative influences'." Negative influences, right. The Lillantine home was a hive mind of negative influences. Anti shook her head. "But as for the summer holidays, that's another matter entirely." Why was she even discussing this? Loneliness, she hazarded a guess. She was lonely and she wanted someone to talk to besides her own mind.

OOC:
SummerIsles

Down by the riverside.

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

SummerIsles

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 9:48 pm

¢єяι ∂ανιєѕ
ѕιχтн уєαя нυffℓєρυff
ρяєfє¢т

Ceri frowned slightly at the tone with which Anti spoke. Pull her out of school? For not coming home? That was outrageous. They couldn't do that, could they? She shifted slightly on her seat. She wasn't exactly sure, she figured. While they were both pure bloods, Ceri's family was... a lot different. Anti had both parents and Ceri basically had neither; just a wicked stepmother who avoids her like the plague. Her lip quivered a little, because something told her that Anti was hurting. When she mentioned the summer vacation, Ceri waited for her to continue, but she didn't elaborate. "What about it? I mean... I don't mean... I don't want to pry..." Stammering, great. She'd worked hard to be the master of her emotions, but whatever was going on with Antigone was definitely having an effect on Ceri. She wanted to help, but she didn't know how to brooch the subject.

The Forgotten Weasley

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:10 pm

User Image
α и т ı g ø и e
¢ α š š ı ø ρ e ı α
ł ı ł ł α и т ı и e

Anti wanted to say something cutting when she saw Ceri's lower lip tremble. After a childhood of crying fits, she didn't know anything that irritated her more than watching someone else look like they were on the verge of a breakdown. She wasn't sure if it was petty 'no one else is allowed to show weakness', or self hate directed outwards. Ordinarily this would probably be where she was supposed to do some in-depth soul searching. "Well, I've decided I'm not going home this summer," she said shortly.

OOC:
SummerIsles

Down by the riverside.

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

SummerIsles

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:08 pm

¢єяι ∂ανιєѕ
ѕιχтн уєαя нυffℓєρυff
ρяєfє¢т

When she responded, her voice carried a callous, unfeeling tone, one that sent a shiver down her spine. She said she wasn't going home. Where was she going to go? What was she going to do? The girl pulled her bottom lip into her mouth a little and nervously nibbled on it. This wasn't like her... well, like the her she'd been recently. She usually knew what to say, but this girl was an enigma to her. Ceri wanted to offer her help, but would she take it? And what would Ceri offer? Before she could stop herself, she blurted out, "You can stay at my place." She blinked, then blushed a little and added, "If you want to, that is. I mean..." She sighed and blushed a deeper shade of red. Why couldn't she get her mind to work right?

The Forgotten Weasley

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 5:31 pm

User Image
α и т ı g ø и e
¢ α š š ı ø ρ e ı α
ł ı ł ł α и т ı и e

Anti wished she'd stop doing the lip thing. It was annoying. Since when was she the one making Ceri uncomfortable? For someone had presented herself so confidently when they first met, this sudden insecure streak seemed more than a bit off, unless the Hufflepuff had just been doing a very good job of masking it the entire time. She trusted Ceri not to be lying to her, but that didn't mean she immediately accepted her offer. It was true, she was going to need somewhere to go, and her parents would immediately look at the Walshes, and maybe even at Luke's, although the Ravenclaw never go to him for help. She didn't trust him, and besides that, he had a wife and a baby, and she doubted he wanted much to do with the Lillantines now that he had an actual family of his own. "What about your stepmother?" Anti asked. "She's never sounded like the... welcoming type."

OOC:
SummerIsles

Down by the riverside.

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

SummerIsles

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:54 pm

¢єяι ∂ανιєѕ
ѕιχтн уєαя нυffℓєρυff
ρяєfє¢т

When Anti asked about her stepmother, a glimmer of hope fired up inside Ceri. She might just accept her help after all! To answer her question, Ceri said, "She doesn't matter. The house doesn't belong to her. She already avoids me so I doubt she'd even notice." She smiled confidently, some of her resolve coming back. "Besides, I have a trump card that will keep her in her place. You can stay in one of our bedrooms all summer and I doubt she'd even ask you your name." Her lip seemed to be back under control and her color was returning to normal. Sure, Anti was distant, but Ceri hoped she might warm up, especially being free from her parents for the summer.

The Forgotten Weasley

The Library

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items