Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply The Library
Study Area Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 31 32 33 34 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bug430

Desirable Millionaire

8,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 8:46 pm
Quidditch is my life, but my knowledge is who I am.
User Image
Devin Cloud
Third YearHufflepuffChaser

⇳ ⇴ ⇵ ⇶ ⇷ ⇸ ⇹ ⇺ ⇻

"I may be too afraid to make a fool out of myself during practice" he joked, referring to his utter failure in Defense Against the Dark Arts. He was glad that he got over that failure though, because yesterday was the worst. He couldn't think straight without direction. He acted as if he had Attention Deficit disorder, for his attention span had matched that of a squirrel yesterday. That's when he shook his mind of the bad thoughts and sat beside Hildy, the cute Slytherin. He smiled faintly as he sat down.

"Alright, I'll join you," he sad, taking a book out.

⇳ ⇴ ⇵ ⇶ ⇷ ⇸ ⇹ ⇺ ⇻ ⇼ ⇽ ⇾ ⇿

Some are born great, some achieve great, but some...have greatness thrust upon them.

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 10:30 pm
RILEY J CREVAN

Second Year

RAVENCLAW

User Image

User Image
Large stacks of books surrounded the small Ravenclaw, enveloping around her like a cocoon of ink and paper. The piles swallowed her until you couldn't even make out the top of her head. Her goal to read as many of the books in this library as possible had lead her to take as many books as her table in the back could hold from various sections. She figured she's also be able to learn more this way. Her keen eyes scanned each page swiftly, memorizing all of the important stuff of each book and taking the occasional note to make sure it really stuck. Nimble hands turned each page quickly and gently.
Riley was lost in her own world. Time seemed to lose all meaning as she devoured each book. Every now and then, though, she would be drawn out from her literary world by the Restricted Section and it's promises of precious jewels of knowledge. She glared at them as they sat and mocked her from their location. It irked her that there were perfectly good books over yonder and she wasn't aloud to read just one of them. They looked so lonely. What was the point of having the books there if no one could read them? She bet no one had even touched them in decades. It made her sad to see perfectly good books go to waste as dust collectors.

"Come on Ri, get a grip. They're just books. Wonderful tantalizing books filled with amazing knowledge that you'll never get to read." she said quietly to herself. She shook her head and rubbed her eyes which were beginning to gain dark circles. And now she was talking to herself. Great. She was spending too much time here. She knew she needed to get out and take a nap and grab a quick bite but decided it could wait until after she finished her mound of books. She was almost halfway done.
User Image

User Image

Grim Vanity

Tipsy Lover

Pathological Kisser

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 11:12 am
User Image

Blood rushing to her cheeks as the handsome young man sat down beside her. Hildy shifted in her seat, focusing on her History notes. She had wanted to complete her homework early so that she and Belle had plenty of time to find the passageway and make their way to Hogsmeade. With everything going on in her life, boys had been the furthest thing from her mind. She admired Belle and her ability to juggles her family problems with being brilliant in school, a star Quidditch player, aspiring duelist and still having time for a handsome young man like Devin Cloud. Hildy didn’t know how she did it. Most of the time she felt like she got in her own way of just getting her class work done.

But still, even if just for a little while, it felt…nice…to sit beside a good looking classmate in companionable muted chatter about idle topics. Perhaps someday, when the drama of her life had died down, she could strive to be a little more like Belle. Though she wouldn’t mind being more like Devin in Transfiguration. It took a lot to impress their teacher and Devin seemed to have mastered that difficult task. Lifting her eyes from her History text to glance to her companion, ”Well, I wasn’t going to practice for very long today anyway. But perhaps over the weekend the three of us could go down to the lake and practice. I’d love it if you could give us some Transfiguration pointers.”

She knew that Devin was sensitive about his lack of success in Defense Against the Dark Arts. It had been strange to see someone so lively and cheerful so downtrodden and sullen. Though, perhaps, asking for his help in an area that he excelled in would lift his spirits. And she and Belle could certainly use his help if they wanted to impress Professor Rosier.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 11:08 pm
User Image

Devin Cloud

Devin smiled as she said something about practicing. Devin needed all the practice he could possibly get, for his spell work in Defense Against the Dark Arts was rather suckish. He never performed the spell correctly the first time, he sometimes didn't even perform it, and at other times, the spell wasn't powerful enough. He was at a lose lose situation at point. He wanted to give with that class all together, but he had no choice. The class was required, not an elective. So, he really needed to practice.

"Honestly, to perform Transifguration is a different story. You have to know the structures of the start and end result inside and out. It is rather difficult. Study...that's pretty much the only pointer I could give you. Oh yeah, and concentrate...if your mind even wanders for a brief second, the end result will be horrific," he said, completely honest. He couldn't give any better tips, and Annabelle knew them already; so it would be futile to share them. He wondered what exactly they would do in DADA practice. He was going to make himself look like a fool.

Some are born great, some achieve great, but some...have greatness thrust upon them.

Bug430

Desirable Millionaire

8,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500

Pathological Kisser

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 8:30 am
User Image

Hildy let out a deep sigh. Right, concentrate. It was hard when so much was going on. Especially on structures of objects and structures of other objects that you want to turn them into. Her brow knit, ”Well, once I have some practice I get a clear and complete transformation but it just isn’t…” biting her lip as she searched for the word. ”ornate. Or beautiful. Not like how yours turn out. How do you get so much detail into yours?”

Hildy did want to know, though she was sure that it was a skill that she wouldn’t master. Not like how Devin had. Turning to her parchment, she made her last few notes. If she could say one thing for her time spent in isolation, it was that she had certainly learned how to study. She went above and beyond for each class. Or she had, in the last few years. Now she was determined to get by in the silly classes that were required, but when it came to something like Defense Against the Dark Arts, she still went all out. There were notes from class that she re-copied, researching each new spell and technique.

Now it was time for actual practice. Sitting back and smiling at Devin, she gathered up her books, packing her bag and standing quietly. “I’m all done. I’m going to go to the Lake to practice. But just for a half an hour or so. Did you want to just meet up this weekend when we have more time?” She certainly wasn’t about to push him to come with her. But this weekend, if Belle was with them, perhaps they could all spend some time together. After all of this time spend avoiding people, Hildy often felt so awkward around people, not wanting to impose herself on anyone.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 8:15 pm
User Image

Devin Cloud

"I honestly don't know how I get them so detailed. It just comes natural to me for some reason. Much like you and Belle with the DADA spells, I find Transfiguration natural, as if it is second nature. But I have never really figured out why. I am undoubtedly the worst spellcaster the world has ever seen however," he said, laughing aloud. He always hated casting DADA spells. They always came out...so awkward. The only true spell that he had ever gotten on the first try was Flipendo, and that is one of the easiest to master. Oh yes, and Lumos. It was very weird, for he has extensive knowledge on the spells, due to his brother's help, but he can never perform them correctly. Maybe there was just something wrong with him. That thought caused him to recall a memory of the summer. Belle and Devin had attempted to duel each other, but when Devin tried to use the Protego spell, which he will admit is a far more advanced spell than the ones he had been learning in school, and utterly failed. He was also knocked to his feet. The memory made him laugh everytime, but also strengthened the fact that he would never be quite fit to become a dueler.

As Hildegard spoke, Devin saw an opportunity. He can become friends with Hildy too, without Belle's help of course. That would definitely make it less awkward between the two acquaintances. Devin did not know much about Hildegard, for he only knew what Annabelle had explained, which was indeed extensive, but it would not make him pass some sort of 'friend' quiz, or whatever the muggles call them. So, to sieze the friend opportunity, he spoke up. "I'll go with you. All I was going to do was read this Transifguration book anyway; so why not do something fun instead. Besides, I've read enough of this bloody book for one day." He picked up his stuff and waited for her to come along, excited for what was to come.

Bug430

Desirable Millionaire

8,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:41 am
Cause she's just like the weather, can't hold her together

Marina Eugenie Aldred, Proud Halfblood, Slytherin First Year
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Wearing
Mood: Focused
Thoughts: Studying
Friends: Cloe and Eoin

Marina got right to work. She thought it was important to review all her textbooks and correct her notes if she'd made any mistakes. Her messy writing still annoyed her.

Born from dark water, daughter of the rain and snow

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:04 am
User Image

Cloe crept into the library, hoping she'd got the right room this time. She'd got turned around and ended up in a tower she figured was used for divination, as it was scattered with crystal balls and empty tea cups.

She glanced around. Books...and more books. Most definitely the library!

She saw Marina sat alone at a table and hurried over.

"Hey, Marina! How are you?" She whispered. This was a library, after all.

She began to get all her books and parchments out, ready to neat-ify her notes.

User Image

Strangerthan

Questionable Worker

8,575 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:16 am
Cause she's just like the weather, can't hold her together

Marina Eugenie Aldred, Proud Halfblood, First Year Slytherin
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Wearing
Mood: Surprised
Thoughts: Oh, Cloe's here.
With: Cloe

Marina jumped a little. She hadn't noticed Cloe until she spoke. "Hi! I'm good, except that the stupid hat put me in Slytherin," Marina whispered back. She was still mad about being in Slytherin, although she was beginning to get used to it. Her parents had assured her it was OK, but still she had wanted to be a Ravenclaw...

Born from dark water, daughter of the rain and snow

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:24 am
User Image

"I thought you'd get in Gryffindor, to be honest. It is weird, that hat. I can't believe I was put in Gryffindor. I'm not brave at all. I haven't dared speak in any of my lessons." whispered Cloe. "But you are ambitious. Not that that's a bad thing!" she added hurriedly. "So maybe Slytherin was a good place to put you. Slytherins are meant to be ambitious. And cunning. That would be useful in being an auror..."

User Image

Strangerthan

Questionable Worker

8,575 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Bookworm 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:45 am
Mood: Meh
Thoughts: I guess....
With: Cloe

Marina sighed. "I guess. But people keep giving me these looks like I'm going to curse them just because I'm in Slytherin. Especially the Gryffindors... Not you, though!" She added on quickly. "I think you belong in Gryffindor anyway. You have a good heart. By the way, have you seen Eoin?" She asked, wondering about their other friend.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:33 am
User Image

"Slytherin just got a bad rap becuase of that whole You-Know-Who thing. And people will soon learn that you're nice and friendly and not prejudiced." Cloe said, consolingly. "I've not seen Eoin since the sorting. He's a Hufflepuff."

User Image

Strangerthan

Questionable Worker

8,575 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Bookworm 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:39 am

"Ah well I'm dure we'll see him eventually." Marina replied. "How are your housemates? I have exactly zero friends out of mine."  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:52 am
User Image

"Well, you remember Sporty from the almost fight before the sorting? She almost got into a fight with that Cameron...Rowley, I think his name is. Anyway they were arguing before the sorting had even finished so I didn't get a chance to really talk to anyone. But they seem to have clique-d off already. They went to the Quidditch try-outs together and I didn't, so..." Cloe whispered, shrugging. She hadn't really talked to anyone yet. Still, it was early days. And she already had two friends, so it's not like the situation was dire yet.

User Image

Strangerthan

Questionable Worker

8,575 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Bookworm 100

XxInsertCoolNamexX_Ren

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:51 pm
User Image
oin elly

Hufflepuff

Do you want me to accept you for who you are?
╔═══════Emotion: Neutral═══════╗
Eoin walked in slowly, brown eyes peering around warily. He was still quite awkward when it came to beign around people and didn't find much comfort until he was with people he knew. He looked at the small hand clutching his wrist in a death grip then up at the closed of face of the asian boy following him. He then gazed off to the right where he saw his friends and a wide smile spread across his face. He nearly bounced over to them with as long a strides as his legs could make. "Hey."

╚═══════Company: MinKi, Cloelia & Marina═══════╝

Or do you want me to lie to myself and try to like you?

Friends List-Third Post

User Image

The Library

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 31 32 33 34 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas