Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[Pathfinder] The Daywalker's Reign Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Disciple of Sakura rolled 15 6-sided dice: 6, 1, 6, 6, 3, 2, 1, 5, 4, 2, 5, 1, 6, 6, 2 Total: 56 (15-90)

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:13 pm
Hmm... Another three stats...  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:22 pm
Query: How does the world feel about characters using undead? For example, if I were to build a necromancer or someone else who utilizes undead as minions, would that pretty much be a lynching right there?

An additional query: Pathfinder Adventure Path - Council of Thieves vol. 1: The Bastards of Erebus contains an article on Tieflings, including variant tieflings of different ancestry, and tieflings with different abilities other than their Darkness ability. May I make use of this article? May I select a different ability to replace Darkness, or would you prefer that I do the percentile roll?  

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

SilverAnubis

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:54 pm
Necromancy could be useful if your using the dead for the right reasons i would say because the daywalker is undead and we all know what other undead can do to summoned undead >>  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:29 pm
InsaneKatKing475
Arc Vembris
Huh, I've got that chain-fighter I made for the other PF game. I've also got a big undead-slayer build, but it relies on a lot of 3.5 material so maybe I'll pass on that.

If I can find the stuff from 3.5, i'll allow it.

How does the Half-vampire template form Libris Mortis strike you, as well as the feats Oversized Two-Handed Weapon and Knightly Hunter from Complete Adventurer? Sun Devotion from Complete Champion to season.

edit: sorry, the feat is Devoted Tracker, and on second glance it doesn't really apply to the PF versions of the paladin or ranger classes  

Arc Vembris
Crew

Dallas Moonrain rolled 1 10-sided dice: 7 Total: 7 (1-10)

Dallas Moonrain

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:35 pm
Rolling health....d10 for a level of paladin....  
Dallas Moonrain rolled 5 6-sided dice: 6, 1, 3, 6, 3 Total: 19 (5-30)
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:40 pm
and 5d6 for the sorcerer levels....

I'm okay with those rolls...could be worse.

Also a question: Are we permitted to have traits?

And another question: My character would really like to have a Truedeath Crystal from the Magic Item Compendium. Is that okay?

And a third: How deadly is this perpetual night? My character's home now lies within it, and I was wondering if he could have managed a brief foray in (not alone, naturally), or whether it's so deadly that all living things die right away upon entering.  

Dallas Moonrain

InsaneKatKing

Desirable Shapeshifter

8,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:46 am
Disciple of Sakura

Like Silver Anubis says, if you're using necromancy to rid the world of the Daywalker, then it will be tolerated, but you will not be completely trusted anywhere you go. It'd be a keep your friends close, your enemies closer, and the unaligned within sight. you being the unaligned.

And as for the Tieflings variants, I will allow you to select one of the different ones.

Arc Vembris

Hmm, normally I might ahve said just go with the Dhampir race from Pathfinder, but, seeing as I did manage to find it and considered things, you're free to make use of the half vampire template. And like a necromancer, you will be treated as always a potential traitor, so, something goes wrong, its on your head. And, of course, you will be subject to the same compulsions the undead are to obey the Daywalker when within his controlled areas (Unless you're carrying your idol), though a will save (and if you fall for it, one each turn until free, but the dc gets higher the longer you are under control) negates its effects for a day or so.

Well, if you were interested in using devoted tracker, I would allow it, and would be interested to see how it would be useful.

Dallas Moonrain

Traits are indeed permitted.

As for Truedeath Crystal, what precisely does it do? I know its real and is added to a weapon, but its effects against the undead, idk.

As for how deadly, its generally more along the lines of you're far more likely to have the dead rising from their graves kinda of thing night. It slowly drains life force the longer you're within it (unless you're carrying one of the idols, then you're fine.) I'd say, at first you might feel nothing, but stay within for what is a day outside of it, and you'll feel drained, as though you got no sleep. Stay for anotehr day, you'll start to feel exhausted despite sleeping. and so on so forth until you die and are in turn ressurected as the undead to join his army. And the physical change starts after the second day. Your body starts to lose its healthy glow (if you had one) You turn paler, thinner, less energetic, until you're nothing more than a walking pile of bones, and that's pretty much when you die and are converted into a skeleton warrior or something of the like.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:50 am
InsaneKatKing475

How many do we get? Standard two, or one, or three, or none unless we take the feat?  

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

InsaneKatKing

Desirable Shapeshifter

8,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:51 am
Disciple of Sakura
InsaneKatKing475

How many do we get? Standard two, or one, or three, or none unless we take the feat?

up to 2, no feat required.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:05 am
Ladies and Gents (cause I have no idea what you really are, nor do I really care >.> <.<) Anyway, we have a forum, and I shall begin crafting it. I have a crude map of the campaign made and that will be the first thing posted. So, for those who have rather specific things (Like being from the places that are currently under the daywalkers control) WIll be able to use it for that.  

InsaneKatKing

Desirable Shapeshifter

8,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Dallas Moonrain

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:07 am
The Truedeath Crystal is something you can attach to a weapon that gives it an extra d6 damage vs. undead. It costs 1000 gp. It seemed useful in the setting and for my character, who has taken the variant paladin class feature "Oath against Undead."  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:24 am
Dallas Moonrain
The Truedeath Crystal is something you can attach to a weapon that gives it an extra d6 damage vs. undead. It costs 1000 gp. It seemed useful in the setting and for my character, who has taken the variant paladin class feature "Oath against Undead."

You are allowed to have it.  

InsaneKatKing

Desirable Shapeshifter

8,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Vampfighter1
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:16 pm
Still need equiptement and background, but see if you like so far. Alys Dawnflower  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:43 pm
InsaneKatKing475
Arc Vembris

Hmm, normally I might ahve said just go with the Dhampir race from Pathfinder, but, seeing as I did manage to find it and considered things, you're free to make use of the half vampire template. And like a necromancer, you will be treated as always a potential traitor, so, something goes wrong, its on your head. And, of course, you will be subject to the same compulsions the undead are to obey the Daywalker when within his controlled areas (Unless you're carrying your idol), though a will save (and if you fall for it, one each turn until free, but the dc gets higher the longer you are under control) negates its effects for a day or so.

Well, if you were interested in using devoted tracker, I would allow it, and would be interested to see how it would be useful.

Wait, they have a dhampir ra-- oh cool! Wait, what is Negative Energy Affinity . . . oh hell no. Half Vamp for me, and there wouldn't be a point in taking any sort of half-vampire race if I wanted everyone to love and trust me. Dhampir has a nice mind-affecting resist, but I suppose Iron Will can do that too. I would prefer to lean toward a lower level adjustment, but going from heals-self to can't-be-healed-normally is a rough shift. Devoted Tracker will beef both smite evil and wild empathy, which on third glance are still class abilities in PF, even if multiclassing isn't such a priority to fix.

The Oversized TWF was ok, though, right?  

Arc Vembris
Crew

The Graverobber Max

5,800 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:52 pm
weeeeeeeee!!!!!!! got it done! hope everything is good to go biggrin Aluora Chandler - Rogue  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff