Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Seventh Year Classes
Alchemy V ~ (1/3) Open! (Delbou Review) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

shabatha

Desirable Prophet

10,375 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:55 pm
User Image

User Image

。∴°•.・☆location☆・.•°∴。*゚: Alchemy class
                                                      。∴°•.・★thoughts★・.•°∴。*゚: Scutum? Couldn't be easier
                                                              。∴°•.・☆companions☆・.•°∴。*゚: Professor
                                                                      。∴°•.・★wearing★・.•°∴。*゚: Uniform

User Image

Shayna entered the class and listened to their instructions. They were to use the shield spell. She smiled. This was certainly easy. Scutum." She said and shifted for the weight of the wooden shield she now held. A few moments later she repeated the spell and it turned back into her wand.

★ - -Ravenclaw- - ☆ - - Seeker - - ★ - -Seventh Year- - ☆ - -Prefect- - ★

User ImageXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
User Image

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:06 am
User Image

User ImageUser ImageLocation: Alchemy : Monday (1:00pm to 1:45pm)

Alchemy was probably David’s favourite class. It showed when he walked into class and took a seat next to his girlfriend. He still needed to tell her what was going on with him. It was hard though, he didn’t know what to exactly say or how to explain it. Sitting in class it was clear review was what they’d be doing all year. However, David was still excited.

Taking his notes David waited until they could begin doing the spell. He was interested in the spell just because of how different it was. How many people could change their wand into a shield? “Scutum.” He said holding his wand only to seconds later be holding a shield. Repeating the incantation his wand returned to normal. That certainly would be a useful spell if he ever needed it in the future.

With: Class

Wearing: Uniform

OOC: ---

User Image
Ashton the Barn Owl

Gryfindor you say?
Hmm you would indeed be great there.
So be it! Gryffindor!

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:43 pm
Professor of Alchemy
..........Ravenclaw Head of House
"The cycle of life only goes one direction,
not even alchemy can change that."

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
╔══════════════╗
Review: Frango Frigus
╚══════════════╝

”Welcome back, today we will be reviewing the Frango Frigus spell, which, is absolutely essential in certain advanced potionmaking, as it aides in unfreezing ice by shattering it to shaven pieces, therefore, accumulating into water without losing as much substance as one would with typical melting methods, thereby offering a bigger yield in product for, not only water, but any potion or concoction that may undergo the freezing process….

Now, I’ve summoned two one liter blocks of ice to appear at your desk into two different measured beakers. For one glass, I’d like you to practice this spell, and for the other, I would like you to use the hot air charm to melt the ice, that way you can see the difference of evaporated water.”

Quote:
Turn to page fifteen in your textbooks.

Juan Angel Amorocho
User Image User Image User Image

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:29 pm
User Image

User ImageUser ImageLocation: Alchemy : Monday (1:00pm to 1:45pm)

David walked into another Alchemy class prepared to do all the review in the world. Flipping his book to page fifteen he remembered this spell. This should be easy review all he had to do was do a couple spells and then he was done. Sitting in class David took out his wand and got ready to try his wand work. Honestly he’d been working more so on his wandless then his actual wand work these days.

“Frango Frigus.” He said clearly as he pointed and flicked his want to the sky and moved it back down to point at the ice. Watching the ice melt he saw the beaker fill. There was one now came the second. Giving a wave of his wand David pointed it at the second ice block as hot air came from the end. The ice began to melt and became liquid. Looking over both beakers David realized that his professor was right. “It really does work better.” He commented seeing the notable difference between the end results.

With: Class

Wearing: Uniform

OOC: ---

User Image
Ashton the Barn Owl

Gryfindor you say?
Hmm you would indeed be great there.
So be it! Gryffindor!

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:01 pm
Professor of Alchemy

╔══════════════╗
Alchemy V
Lesson One: Frango Frigus Review
Monday, Block Five, 1:00pm to 1:45pm

╚══════════════╝

”Welcome back, today we will be reviewing the Frango Frigus spell, which, is absolutely essential in certain advanced potionmaking, as it aides in unfreezing ice by shattering it to shaven pieces, therefore, accumulating into water without losing as much substance as one would with typical melting methods, thereby offering a bigger yield in product for, not only water, but any potion or concoction that may undergo the freezing process….

Now, I’ve summoned two one liter blocks of ice to appear at your desk into two different measured beakers. For one glass, I’d like you to practice this spell, and for the other, I would like you to use the hot air charm to melt the ice, that way you can see the difference of evaporated water. If we still have time, we'll try to cover the delbou spell as well.”

Quote:

Juan Angel Amorocho

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:05 pm
Professor of Alchemy

╔══════════════╗
Alchemy V

╚══════════════╝

Now, I’ve summoned two one liter blocks of ice to appear at your desk into two different measured beakers. For one glass, I’d like you to practice this spell, and for the other, I would like you to use the hot air charm to melt the ice, that way you can see the difference of evaporated water. If we still have time, we'll try to cover the delbou spell as well.”

Quote:

Juan Angel Amorocho

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:22 pm
Professor of Alchemy

╔══════════════╗
Alchemy V
Lesson Two: Mystic Potion Review

╚══════════════╝

Cauldrons were propped up on each desk; a number of small bottles, vials, and discolored jars were organized together at the back of the room, along with multiple pairs of tools, including gloves, scales, mortar and pestle, and sheathed knives. The professor sat behind his desk with his nose between a book, barely glancing over the edge of his pages when he noticed the first student arrive, but at the sound of scuffling chairs and belongings, he placed his book down and began the days lesson. "Welcome, welcome, as I'm sure you've noticed, we'll be brewing a potion today. In preparation for your upcoming NEWT's, we will review the Mystic Potion. If you need a refresher, the potion is on Chapter Seventeen of your textbooks, otherwise, you may begin brewing. If you need any help, I'll be here to assist you."

[Chapter Seventeen: Mystic Potion]

Juan Angel Amorocho

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:05 am
Professor of Alchemy

╔══════════════╗
Alchemy V
Lesson Three: Patronus Potion Review

╚══════════════╝

He entered the classroom with long, swift strides, a callous and purposeful flick of his wand had led the directions with the page number to appear on his chalkboard while he waited for any students to gather at his class. Once they had, he rose from his seat behind his desk and cleared his throat. ”Welcome back, students. We will be reviewing another potion today. The patronus potion, as you all should know, Once you’ve completed reading the chapter, you may begin.” It was simple enough, and he waited to see how the students would perform.

[Chapter Eighteen: Patronus Potion, ]

Juan Angel Amorocho

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 7:02 pm
Professor of Alchemy

╔══════════════╗
Alchemy V

╚══════════════╝

Quote:

Juan Angel Amorocho

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 3:31 pm
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxTheo Gibbs
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxGryffindor Seventh Year

"Some are born great, some achieve greatness..."

Theo walked into one of his more favorable classes, the professor being one in which he actually very much respected, unlike quite a few of them. Well...it wasn't like he didn't respect them, it was just authority he didn't really respect most of the time. He didn't have a problem however with Amorocho. He handled situations a lot better than the rest of the professors...like how Theo and David had gotten into an argument, but the professor made a life lesson out of the whole thing and didn't deduct points. That was how real authority was supposed to handle it...but it seemed all the professors immediately jumped to points. Like to make them think 'oh...sorry, I'll learn my lesson because you deducted 10 points from my house...points in which I can make up in the following class to cancel out', to which Theo never got out of it. He really didn't get much out of detention either really. But the when a lesson is taught from it, well, Theo learned more of his lesson from that than either of the other consequences.

Listening to the professor, he saw that they were reviewing and instantly shrugged his shoulders. The spell in which he was reviewing, he had gotten within seconds of performing it; so really, performing it again shouldn't be a problem at all. Raising his wand when everything was all said and done, he performed the spell. "Fran-GUU FRI-jus," he said aloud, waving his wand properly and the spell worked immediately. Then looking to the second test, he then waved his wand and performed a flawless cast of the hot air charm, which melted the ice very quickly. He then went up to the professor.

"Professor, may I try this wandlessly?" he said, figuring he should probably seek some kind of 'okay' from the teacher before trying it. He just honestly wanted a bit more of a challenge.

"And some have greatness thrust upon them"

Essy ze Ninja

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 5:10 am
User Image
xDavid Sinclair Averyxxxxx
xxxx <7th Year>
Time: 2029-2030 School Year
Dressed: In his Uniform

------------------------------------------------------------------------xx

David took a seat in Alchemy, one of the classes he continued more out of the fact that the spiritual aspect of the subject was intriguing, but also it was good practice to further his studies in potions and wandwork. He didn't have the interest in it that his cousin Wendy did, but Wendy had an unsettling interest in anything remotely to do with potions. She may very well poison someone someday. David was pretty sure she was the type to flawlessly get away with it to if she did.

He took notes as Professor Amorocho began the lesson and when it came to their time for practice, David first inspected the ice and took a step back, first quietly muttering, "Fervens aeris" and allowing the hot air emitted from his wand thanks to the charm to melt the ice, a slight fog raising from the ice due to condensation rising. Once he was done, he moved to the second chunk of ice and pointed his wand at the ice block and flicked his wand up before dropping its tip to its orriginal position while muttering in the same quiet undertone he tended to use when performing spells: "Frango Frigus". The ice block shattered into shaven pieces into the beaker and quickly melted. As David compared the measurements he heard Theo speak up and ask if he could "try" the spell wandlessly.

"You are aware Master Yoda said, 'do or do not, there is no try'." David said, raising a brow at Theo and making a generally out of character reference to muggle cinema (the original, Vintage, Star Wars Trilogy), "Besides, considering it probably is one of your show-off attempts, I would think it would undermine the point of the subject we are learning..." He narrowed his eyes at Theo and then said rolling his eyes and waving a hand, "Granted, no one cares about my opinion." David was half tempted to start a calender counting down the days till graduation just so he would never have to hear Theo's voice again and also never have him cross his mind again. He didn't care if Theo was supposedly friends with Leo or not-David would make sure an invitation to David and Leo's wedding wouldn't get into Theo's hands-or not one with the correct information.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

{OoC: }
RedEagleEye007

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 7:57 pm
User ImageXXXXXXXXXXUser Image

XXXXXⒽⓐⓛⓕⓑⓛⓞⓞⓓXXXXXHead GirlXXXXX⒟⒜⒯⒤⒩⒢ Echo Lovette

They say we are what we are
But we don't have to be.
I'm bad behavior but I do it in the best way.
I'll be the watcher (watcher) of the eternal flame.
I'll be the guard dog of all your fever dreams.

Tanya arrived a bit late to Alchemy and took a seat behind David right as Professor Amorocho began his lesson. Alchemy was one of her favorite classes even though she knew it had nothing to do with her intended career path. And it also had nothing to do with how handsome the professor was..anymore. She was generally interested in everything they did plus she never knew if some of these potions and spells might help her out in the future. Mediwizards deal with some crazy s**t apparently. Hearing they'd be going over the Frango Frigus spell once more she grinned and stared down at the blocks of ice in front of her. One with the spell and one with the hot air charm, no biggie. She pointed her wand towards one block of ice and did the short wand movement while saying clearly, "Frango Frigus" and watched with a small grin as the ice silently shattered and began to instantly melt in its beaker. She then turned to the other block of ice and just pointed at it saying, "Fervens aeris" and watched the hot air pour from her wand and steadily melt the ice until there was nothing left. So the ice shattering was definitely quicker, which was exactly what he was trying to teach them. Perfect. Tanya thought that would be the extent of her excitement for the day when Theo had to speak up asking if he could try the spell wandlessly making her silently groan and try not smack herself in the face from his general smarmyness. Before she could even think to say something David quoted Yoda, Star Wars Yoda, basically telling the other boy that he was trying to show off (which he basically was, let's be real) which undermines the learning and then rounded it off by saying no one really cared about his opinion. Which was stupid since that was the best thing she'd heard all week. "I must be no one then because I care about your opinion Obi Wan. Well, at least in this instance." Tanya spoke up with a small chuckle. "And I have to agree, this is a review for our Alchemy NEWT, not Wandless. Maybe you should ask that professor instead of this one if you want to practice." the Gryffindor told her Housemate with a shrug. She didn't care what he did, not really, but to do something with the intent of showing how much better you were at something was just a level of d**k she couldn't, and wouldn't, stand.

mc2

RedEagleEye007

Quote:

Oooooooh
I am the sand in the bottom half of the hourglass (glass, glass)
Oooooooh,
I try to picture me without you but I can't

UniformWhere: Alchemy ClassroomWith: David and TheoThinking: Oh not again OOC

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 10:38 pm
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxTheo Gibbs
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxGryffindor Seventh Year

"Some are born great, some achieve greatness..."

Theo found himself looking at the two others who were in the classroom at the time, who had both openly protested his desire to practice the spell, seemingly on the means that he was showing off...well, that was David's point, he had no idea what Tanya thought on it. Looking at David and Tanya, he shook his head. "Dude, me showing off to you and Tanya of all people? Why on earth would I show off to either of you? We've known each other for how long: seven years? By now, I hope that you know what I can do, I know what you can do, she knows what both of us can do, and we know what she can do. It's great practice to do it because wandless is much harder and if I can do it wandlessly, I sure can do it with a wand when it comes down to it. And besides, I was asking him, you know, our professor. If he deems it impractical, then I won't do it," he finished, looking at them for a few seconds and then back to the professor.

Theo could careless if the professor said no really. The man previously indicated that they may cover another spell, which Theo wouldn't fight it if the man said 'let's move on'. But he figured for the purpose of practice, he would challenge himself. He had no idea if he did it. He was skillful wandlessly, but he also knew that if his adrenaline wasn't peaked and he wasn't in the heat of the moment, he had a slight chance of failing to do it.

"And some have greatness thrust upon them"

Essy ze Ninja

Yukina101

mc2

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 4:43 am
User Image
xDavid Sinclair Averyxxxxx
xxxx <7th Year>
Time: 2029-2030 School Year
Dressed: In his Uniform

------------------------------------------------------------------------xx

David raised a brow at Tanya's agreement and he said, "I don't know how great of an Obi Wan I'd make, at least when it comes to young Obi Wan, I'm pretty sure Ewan McGregor in his younger years is considerably more attractive than myself." He shrugged as he was sure the subject of his comment to Theo wouldn't be dropped, not by Theo. And of course Theo spoke up. And the reference of classic movies going right over him, it almost was sad considering Theo should have more knowledge on muggle pop culture then either Tanya or him-at least if you looked at general raising or blood.

"I wouldn't know, you tell me, Gibbs," David sighed, before waving a hand, "And do you really want to go into the theory of wandless magic verses the use of a wand to perform magic. Because, actually, the theories behind them are notably different. Considering you're the one taking the bloody class and I'm not, I'd think you'd know that more than I do. Then again, I do pick up a book once in a great while."

He pinched the bridge of his nose, looking away and said with another long sigh, "Besides just because you can do a spell wandlessly doesn't mean you can automatically do the spell with a wand-especially just any wand. But like you said you've known me for quite a while, you should know better than to argue theory with me." He glanced over at Theo and narrowed his eyes at the Gryffindor. David could point out many wizards could perform wandless easier than wand magic, but he was pretty sure that it was like arguing with an idiot. Didn't they say when you argued with an idiot that made you one as well?

------------------------------------------------------------------------

{OoC: }
RedEagleEye007

Yukina101

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 7:30 pm
Professor of Alchemy

╔══════════════╗
Alchemy V
Lesson Two: Mystic Potion Review

╚══════════════╝

Cauldrons were propped up on each desk; a number of small bottles, vials, and discolored jars were organized together at the back of the room, along with multiple pairs of tools, including gloves, scales, mortar and pestle, and sheathed knives. The professor sat behind his desk with his nose between a book, barely glancing over the edge of his pages when he noticed the first student arrive, but at the sound of scuffling chairs and belongings, he placed his book down and began the days lesson. "Welcome, welcome, as I'm sure you've noticed, we'll be brewing a potion today. In preparation for your upcoming NEWT's, we will review the Mystic Potion. If you need a refresher, the potion is on Chapter Seventeen of your textbooks, otherwise, you may begin brewing. If you need any help, I'll be here to assist you."

Chapter Seventeen: Mystic Potion

Juan Angel Amorocho

Seventh Year Classes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out