Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply Off-Topic
Watch on Christmas Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

sandrock_buck

Versatile Raider

6,200 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:15 am
Blood Stained Pages
Oh here's one! What's with the username? hahaha xp

Ah, XD, My username. Well, the "Jon" is part of my name and the "stalker" is from the previous username "darkstalker62", so I just sort of kept it, and the "62" is something I use in almost every username I've ever used.

And what about yours? Blood Stained Pages isn't exactly what I'd call a "normal" username either.... XD  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:13 am
Jonstalker62
Blood Stained Pages

Ah, XD, My username. Well, the "Jon" is part of my name and the "stalker" is from the previous username "darkstalker62", so I just sort of kept it, and the "62" is something I use in almost every username I've ever used.

And what about yours? Blood Stained Pages isn't exactly what I'd call a "normal" username either.... XD

In reality, it's pretty boring really. I write. A lot of what I was writing when I hit gaia was very dark. I'm practiced at making people feel sick to the stomach.

I remember almost being banned from a guild because this girl was god-modding, and a character of mine was battling evils inside of herself. She was almost super human, but the better half of her was terrified of being so evil. There was a cure, but she never finds it. Anyway, at that particular moment this other RPer had annoyed me enough that I decided to let up a little. I didn't hold back as much as I normally would. We'd been online RPing together for almost three hours and after I posted he/she just vanished. When he/she came back he/she told me that I had literally made them feel sick to their stomach, and they'd had to go away for a bit to think of an appropriate response.

I rarely play to my strengths like that, but I've never seen that RPer god-mod since. So that's it. Blood Stained Pages. Pages for short, quite often.  

PaperSongs

sandrock_buck

Versatile Raider

6,200 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:08 pm
Blood Stained Pages
Jonstalker62
Blood Stained Pages

In reality, it's pretty boring really. I write. A lot of what I was writing when I hit gaia was very dark. I'm practiced at making people feel sick to the stomach.

I remember almost being banned from a guild because this girl was god-modding, and a character of mine was battling evils inside of herself. She was almost super human, but the better half of her was terrified of being so evil. There was a cure, but she never finds it. Anyway, at that particular moment this other RPer had annoyed me enough that I decided to let up a little. I didn't hold back as much as I normally would. We'd been online RPing together for almost three hours and after I posted he/she just vanished. When he/she came back he/she told me that I had literally made them feel sick to their stomach, and they'd had to go away for a bit to think of an appropriate response.

I rarely play to my strengths like that, but I've never seen that RPer god-mod since. So that's it. Blood Stained Pages. Pages for short, quite often.

Wow, that's actually a pretty awesome back story for your username... But now I'm really curious, how do you make people sick to their stomachs?  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:09 am
Jonstalker62

Wow, that's actually a pretty awesome back story for your username... But now I'm really curious, how do you make people sick to their stomachs?

With altogether too much ease, I'm afraid. most people can tolerate basic words.

Quote:

Alan tortured the puppy slowly, watching the girl for the first sign of weakness.

Vs.

Quote:

Alan smiled. He relished this. Loved it. This was why he had taken the job. This was why he had lived through ten years of hell. This was his reason for living. Nothing, nothing, thrilled him more than watching other people react to his actions. He pulled the poker from the fire.

The end was blackened, and were the lights to be dimmed the girl would probably see that the tip glowed beneath the ashes. But they weren't. Alan wanted her to see this clearly, vividly. He wanted every yelp of pain, every fearful cringe and moment of writing agony to burn into her brain forever. He wanted her to smell burning hair, feel herself choke back her lunch, fail.

Inside the tiny cage, the golden retriever, only a puppy, pressed against the bars in a friendly greeting. His tail wagged happily and he barked, his whole body jumping a little with the effort it took for one so small to make such noise. Alan grinned, lowering the metal inches from the bars, so that no matter how hard the dog pressed he couldn't quite get close enough to sniff the end of it. With a flick of the wrist, the poker flung forward, tapping the animal on the nose. With expert ease Alan followed the dog with the poker as it flinched away, then pulled back sharply, wrenching the heated metal away. He had stayed in contact with skin just long enough to mealt it, and now a decent potion of the puppy's nose stuck to the end of the poker. The stench of burning flesh and the acidic smell of blood mingled and spread through the room.

The girl was silent, but tears rolled down her cheeks and her bonds were taught as she struggled against them. Inside the cage, the puppy desperatly tried to squeeze himself tighter into the corner. His feet slipped on the metal desperatly as the poker hovered dangerously near. He licked what was left of his nose and half yelped at the pain there.

Alan laughed. When he was done singeing the hair from the animal, and ripping chunks of melted flesh from his pelt, he would let the girl taste the salt he was to first sprinkle, then rub into the wounds of the animal. If she hadn't broken by then... well, the day was still young.

I had to wrap it up in that last paragraph, because I was about to start getting serious. You see the difference, though. It's in the detail, in the exact actions of all parties. Most people can't write horror because they've never experienced it. The thing with horror is that you've got the adrenalin, and it slows everything down, so that you remember with graphic detail Every. Little. Thing.

Now, I've not experienced trauma the way most people would assume I have once they've read something mildly darker on my part, but I have both seen and done some pretty stomach churning things in my time, a great deal of which I can attribute to the necessity of farm life. But even before I was out here I knew this stuff. Sorry, didn't mean to go all deep on you. Part of writing horror is the conviction, though. If you don't feel it, your audience won't, and as I said, I was about to launch into some not so pleasant stuff...  

PaperSongs

sandrock_buck

Versatile Raider

6,200 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:03 pm
Blood Stained Pages
Now, I've not experienced trauma the way most people would assume I have once they've read something mildly darker on my part, but I have both seen and done some pretty stomach churning things in my time, a great deal of which I can attribute to the necessity of farm life. But even before I was out here I knew this stuff. Sorry, didn't mean to go all deep on you. Part of writing horror is the conviction, though. If you don't feel it, your audience won't, and as I said, I was about to launch into some not so pleasant stuff...

That's amazing. I don't know if I could ever write on that level. I can see how you could make someone with a weak stomach a little sick from reading that.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:58 am
Jonstalker62

That's amazing. I don't know if I could ever write on that level. I can see how you could make someone with a weak stomach a little sick from reading that.

If they hadn't deleted the RP due to inactivity (it did its dash and died) I would have linked you to it. Then again, perhaps not. Violence is not normally something I flaunt openly. Or knowledge of it, rather. Thankyou for the compliment. =]

What do you excel in? Hobbies, etc?  

PaperSongs

sandrock_buck

Versatile Raider

6,200 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:58 am
Blood Stained Pages
Jonstalker62

If they hadn't deleted the RP due to inactivity (it did its dash and died) I would have linked you to it. Then again, perhaps not. Violence is not normally something I flaunt openly. Or knowledge of it, rather. Thankyou for the compliment. =]

What do you excel in? Hobbies, etc?

I've been told I'm a wonderful poet and writer, but I'm never satisfied with my work. I think that's the curse of all artists lol. I can read pretty fast and I'm know a good bit about computers. I've gotten good at drawing weapons, and I'm always looking for more ways to expand my skills. One of my favorite "skills" is that I'm very knowledgable when it comes to weapons, both old and new. Most people see an assault rifle and say "Isn't that an AK-47 herp a derp?" I will say "Nope, that's an AK-74U, which is used for Close-quarters engaements and fires the smaller caliber 5.56mm round, or the NATO standard." sweatdrop I know way to much for my own good. I can see that your a great writer, what else are you good at?  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:17 am
Jonstalker62
I've been told I'm a wonderful poet and writer, but I'm never satisfied with my work. I think that's the curse of all artists lol. I can read pretty fast and I'm know a good bit about computers. I've gotten good at drawing weapons, and I'm always looking for more ways to expand my skills. One of my favorite "skills" is that I'm very knowledgable when it comes to weapons, both old and new. Most people see an assault rifle and say "Isn't that an AK-47 herp a derp?" I will say "Nope, that's an AK-74U, which is used for Close-quarters engaements and fires the smaller caliber 5.56mm round, or the NATO standard." sweatdrop I know way to much for my own good. I can see that your a great writer, what else are you good at?

XD Well, I know almost nothing about weapons, although I'm sure if I was pushed to it, it wouldn't matter what it was, I would figure out how to use it. ^.^ I'm never fully satisfied with my writing either, it never sees the light of day. Sometimes a few short stories do, but only ever for writing contests on here.

I can draw anime, I suppose, but I haven't done so for years. Mostly I'm just good at learning quickly. >.> I love card and board games, but am almost always the loser ^.^ I suppose the thing I'm best at is self control and being an older sister. Because my little brother was born when I was hitting the teen years my maternal instinct is extremely developed. I know how to look after kids. That's pretty much it.

Happy New Year, by the way. Any new years resoloutions?  

PaperSongs

sandrock_buck

Versatile Raider

6,200 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:45 am
Blood Stained Pages

XD Well, I know almost nothing about weapons, although I'm sure if I was pushed to it, it wouldn't matter what it was, I would figure out how to use it. ^.^ I'm never fully satisfied with my writing either, it never sees the light of day. Sometimes a few short stories do, but only ever for writing contests on here.

I can draw anime, I suppose, but I haven't done so for years. Mostly I'm just good at learning quickly. >.> I love card and board games, but am almost always the loser ^.^ I suppose the thing I'm best at is self control and being an older sister. Because my little brother was born when I was hitting the teen years my maternal instinct is extremely developed. I know how to look after kids. That's pretty much it.

None, I prefer to think I'm good enough as is lol. You?  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:10 am
Jonstalker62
Blood Stained Pages

None, I prefer to think I'm good enough as is lol. You?

Hahaha, I don't have any either smile My motivation at the moment isn't coming from specific events - it's coming from everyday life, and the person that I feel like being. I've been following a whim for about a month now, and it's turning out to be the best thing I've ever done. I've come to the conclusion that as a teen I was nowhere near selfish enough, hahaha. ^.^ I always focused on making everyone around me happy, on looking out for people who depended on me. When I went to my job, people only depended on my ability to function in that position, not on me as a person. I felt sort of ignored for a bit, and angry for it. But it's given me a lot of freedom, especially recently. So I'm making my own tracks and growing up the way that I see fit, which is surprisingly interesting.

Do you feel as though you're still growing up? Still learning how to behave like an adult? Like you're still immature sometimes in the things you feel? (Not so much in actions. I think having fun being immature is fine XD)  

PaperSongs

sandrock_buck

Versatile Raider

6,200 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:21 am
Blood Stained Pages

Hahaha, I don't have any either smile My motivation at the moment isn't coming from specific events - it's coming from everyday life, and the person that I feel like being. I've been following a whim for about a month now, and it's turning out to be the best thing I've ever done. I've come to the conclusion that as a teen I was nowhere near selfish enough, hahaha. ^.^ I always focused on making everyone around me happy, on looking out for people who depended on me. When I went to my job, people only depended on my ability to function in that position, not on me as a person. I felt sort of ignored for a bit, and angry for it. But it's given me a lot of freedom, especially recently. So I'm making my own tracks and growing up the way that I see fit, which is surprisingly interesting.

Do you feel as though you're still growing up? Still learning how to behave like an adult? Like you're still immature sometimes in the things you feel? (Not so much in actions. I think having fun being immature is fine XD)

Lol, I know HOW to act like an adult, but I prefer not to. I do act like an adult on occasion, weddings for instance, but otherwise I just chill out and do my best to be seen as little as possible, because being seen equals more work lol. It can get me in trouble sometimes, but otherwise, nobody seems to care. Maybe it's the job, maybe it's me, I do get teased a lot at work to do odd, often immature things, but it's always funny. A lot of my maturity stems from just being there for my family and friends. I always make sure to let them know that I always have an ear open and a shoulder to cry on. When my great grandmother passed on and then my uncle a week later (Related stories are related.), I was the one at the funerals that didn't cry, I instead tried to comfort everyone, especially my younger brother, who was probably the most attached to both family members. I didn't not cry because I wasn't sad, no, I was plenty sad, I just choose to deal with my pain in a different way.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:49 am
Jonstalker62

Lol, I know HOW to act like an adult, but I prefer not to. I do act like an adult on occasion, weddings for instance, but otherwise I just chill out and do my best to be seen as little as possible, because being seen equals more work lol. It can get me in trouble sometimes, but otherwise, nobody seems to care. Maybe it's the job, maybe it's me, I do get teased a lot at work to do odd, often immature things, but it's always funny. A lot of my maturity stems from just being there for my family and friends. I always make sure to let them know that I always have an ear open and a shoulder to cry on. When my great grandmother passed on and then my uncle a week later (Related stories are related.), I was the one at the funerals that didn't cry, I instead tried to comfort everyone, especially my younger brother, who was probably the most attached to both family members. I didn't not cry because I wasn't sad, no, I was plenty sad, I just choose to deal with my pain in a different way.

Ahh. I used to deal with loss in a similar way. Now, though, I see things differently. Like when things die, they haven't necessarily passed away, they've just moved on. I'm sorta sad they're gone, I guess, but I don't cry anymore and I don't feel sad for very long. They were a chapter in my life, and if I'm mourning them, a damn good one at that. So I tend to find myself taking solace in that. If they were here, I'm glad they were here with me. That's more or less because of the farm, and not so much a growing up thing. Remaining silent and letting others cry when they need you the most, that's strength of character.  

PaperSongs

sandrock_buck

Versatile Raider

6,200 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:28 am
Blood Stained Pages

Ahh. I used to deal with loss in a similar way. Now, though, I see things differently. Like when things die, they haven't necessarily passed away, they've just moved on. I'm sorta sad they're gone, I guess, but I don't cry anymore and I don't feel sad for very long. They were a chapter in my life, and if I'm mourning them, a damn good one at that. So I tend to find myself taking solace in that. If they were here, I'm glad they were here with me. That's more or less because of the farm, and not so much a growing up thing. Remaining silent and letting others cry when they need you the most, that's strength of character.

Hehe, that's what they tell me. It can be a little unnerving though. My brother was confused when he didn't see me crying at either funeral and asked me about it. I simply told him that I dealt with my pain in a different way. No idea why, but he started crying even more lol. I still haven't asked him why, and I probably never will. He can be a bit emotional and I prefer to not listen to him cry. He's not emo or anything, he just has very poor control over his emotions lol. I pick on him all the time for it, I plan on making that therapy worth it later in life.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:46 am
Jonstalker62

Hehe, that's what they tell me. It can be a little unnerving though. My brother was confused when he didn't see me crying at either funeral and asked me about it. I simply told him that I dealt with my pain in a different way. No idea why, but he started crying even more lol. I still haven't asked him why, and I probably never will. He can be a bit emotional and I prefer to not listen to him cry. He's not emo or anything, he just has very poor control over his emotions lol. I pick on him all the time for it, I plan on making that therapy worth it later in life.

Hahaha, my little brother is the same. He gets torn up over little things, but living out here is steadily changing that. I don't pick on him so much for it, though. But we did use to pick on him for being scared. He used to be scared of drowning, of being bitten by an ant and dying, of being tickled to death, of everything. You name it, it was out to kill him. We used to pick on him about everything but the tickling. To this day, he still fears being tickled to death. It's a weird thing to fear, but I guess its the lack of oxygen that gets him.  

PaperSongs

sandrock_buck

Versatile Raider

6,200 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:24 pm
Blood Stained Pages

Hahaha, my little brother is the same. He gets torn up over little things, but living out here is steadily changing that. I don't pick on him so much for it, though. But we did use to pick on him for being scared. He used to be scared of drowning, of being bitten by an ant and dying, of being tickled to death, of everything. You name it, it was out to kill him. We used to pick on him about everything but the tickling. To this day, he still fears being tickled to death. It's a weird thing to fear, but I guess its the lack of oxygen that gets him.

Wow, tickled to death, that does sound scary lol. I sort of had the same problem for awhile. My family and I joke that I have the strongest self-preservation switch of all of us, and I don't doubt it for a second. I pick on my bro all of the time. Mostly gay and or virgin jokes. Oh, and gamer jokes have picked up recently, just minor teasing all in all. He doesn't have much in the way of retorts, and he's yet to best me in physical combat, so his counter-attacks are mostly ineffective lol.  
Off-Topic

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff