Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply Off-Topic
What zodiac sign are you? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which does your sigh fall under?
  Cardinal
  Mutable
  Fixed
View Results

SharpenedMoonlight

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:29 pm
xX Green Tea Tree Xx
SharpenedMoonlight
xX Green Tea Tree Xx
SharpenedMoonlight
xX Green Tea Tree Xx

I was rather surprised when I saw that too! I never really thought to associate myself with Virgo, since I was born under Taurus. I would say that the way my signs govern me is fairly equal. Though at times it seems my sun sign and rising sun sign govern me more often than my moon. Though, I only say that in regards to being prudish and discriminatory. However, I would say prudish could be an "acceptable" term used, considering my age. Plus I am super self-critical if I feel I haven't done something well.
I'm curious as to how they calculate this information though. How does it determine your Moon and Rising Sun sign? It's all very curious.
I like the Astrolabe website because a majority of the signs it gave me, or at least the descriptions of them, were very much like me. Of course, not everything was one hundred percent, but I was still surprised at how well most of it matched me.
What are your sun and rising sun signs? surprised
I feel like Cancer can rule over other signs depending on which signs you have. Kind of like inner compatibility or something like that.

I know it's based on the position of the moon and horizon when you were born...
*googles around*
Apparently the lunar sign is which constellation the moon passes through during your birth at your location...interesting to know that it goes through all twelve signs...
The rising sign is the sign that was ascending on the east horizon when you were born according to your location.

I'm a Taurus with lunar Cancer and rising Libra. It's a pretty eclectic mix, but Cancer has a slightly stronger hold.

Oh, I see. That makes things a little less foggy. I wish they offered classes for stuff like this in high school, but I guess it's frowned upon. Astrology is so interesting! Plus, it can be such a thrill to find out if your sign fits you or not.

I suddenly feel like pulling out my tarot cards... but giving yourself a reading isn't quiet as accurate. xD

You are right, though. You have a varied mix of signs. But I feel like they can compliment each other somewhat well.

EDIT:

Oh, haha! I knew Taurus and Virog were rather compatible, but I never thought I would have Virgo as one of my other signs, let alone two! I didn't find out what time I was born till earlier today, when I was looking for my birth certificate for some documents I needed made.

Yeah, they actually mix pretty well to make me. My friend who lives by nothing but astrology is sometimes like "You're not really that much like a Taurus". Then I point out the ways my signs mix.
I actually know so much because of her. She forced persuaded me to start a manga based off the Zodiac. So I did. And naturally, to make my characters accurate, I went to her and the internet to do extensive research. Then I fell in love. Believe it or not, it's so much fun!

What I wonder is who decided all this? Like the sun sign is fairly straightforward. And the moon sign...I can see the stretch to say its important to know where the moon is. But the sign near the horizon, that just seems random.

Maybe they'd offer Astrology classes at colleges? (They don't at mine, but I go to a community college because I'm poor) I don't think the average high school has enough time, space, staff, and budget for classes that stray from the norm. They hardly have enough money to teach kids their own names.

Was this manga possibly Fairytale? surprised That's a really good one, even though it isn't specifically about the Zodiac. The anime is decent too.

Your friend sounds super cool! I don't remember how I got into astrology exactly, but I think it stemmed off of my love for all things Greek, Roman, and mythological. Somehow I found out about astrology and I instantly took a liking to it. There's nothing better than finding stuff out about the Zodiac and stuff. Though, I will say my knowledge is rather limited since it's self-educated.

I can also understand the sun and moon signs, but rising sun just seems like something somebody threw into the mix. It's just one of those "really?" moments for me.

Maybe. Though I probably wouldn't take them. Astrology isn't going to be useful in the career I want later in life. I love the topic with all of my heart, but learning about it will be an at home only sort of thing. I don't think High schools teach about astrology mainly because some people associate such things with magic and, because of religions and rules that apply to different school systems, such a class would never be allowed within a school.

Fairytale? Never heard of it. I've heard of Fairy Tail, and it had some Zodiac in it, but it was SO incorrect. (But it is decent, I've read every chapter and seen some of the anime) Lol I'm not a famous mangaka or anything, I'm only 18. No, this story isn't up anywhere yet. It's called Vesperlight and follows the 13 main characters (The Gemini are twins, so there are 2, making it a total of 13) and the villains are the NeoZodiac, a group of counterparts to the Zodiac signs. It's kinda awesome. Except it kinda only exists in my head, drawings on paper, and info on my computer.

My friend is...interesting. Not necessarily in a good or bad way. She has an account on here but hasn't been on in years. She's like a walking computer database for the zodiac and astrology in general. I've known her for 6 years but only recently was forced convinced to do Vesperlight.

Yeah, there's always that negative connotation. But just because it doesn't fit into your major doesn't mean you shouldn't take it! You can have electives for fun. I do that sometimes.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:55 pm
I am a cancer. If you don't count the whole "really values family" thing, it's dead on.  

Sarah_L_Awesome

5,350 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • First step to fame 200

Mistress of Monsters

Friendly Lunatic

10,700 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:57 pm
I'm a Rat and a Pisces/Aries hybrid; apparently my personalities are Fire and Water based. Go Mars and Neptune peoples! biggrin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:51 pm
honestly i dont know any of that stuff execpt that im cancer and i was burn on the second to the last day of cancer.  

unit01testtype

Invisible Phantom

7,050 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

poisionivy1

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:35 am
sorry if i seem annoying but this is my pet peeve
there is a difference between astrology signs and zodiac signs
zodiac is the animals for birth year
astrology is the star signs for birth day  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:05 pm
given the confusion, might as well say both
Sun: Leo
Chinese: Dog

Thirteenth_Floor

Friend

ForeverDreamWithinADream

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:28 pm
You can't blame people as it usually is called zodiac.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:58 pm
Aquarius/Snake

Extremely logical and tends to overthink things - Yup.  

lgtenos
Vice Captain

ForeverDreamWithinADream

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:04 pm
So I was reading my more detailed info based on astrology and one thing that stood out was that it said I have problems with my mom, which is true. We tend to fight a lot and it is hard to get her to understand some things. She is the ram and I'm the ox.

I wonder what else will be true. One said something about marrying later in life, actually two things as one was from Chinese book that was translated it. Both also said something about having money.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:04 pm
Sarah_L_Awesome
I am a cancer. If you don't count the whole "really values family" thing, it's dead on.

It doesn't have to be family as in blood ties. It could refer to your friends. Or it's overridden by your other signs.

Kaniedie ShadowMoon
I'm a Rat and a Pisces/Aries hybrid; apparently my personalities are Fire and Water based. Go Mars and Neptune peoples! biggrin

Hybrid? How so?  

SharpenedMoonlight

Rosilien

Divine Nymph

18,800 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:59 pm
I'm so Pig and Pisces it's not even funny. Both my moon and sun are in Pisces, and my rising in Libra, so I'm like, living in another world here. My Neptune is in Pisces too.

Somebody said something about Scorpio's being more likely to be gay, but they're actually more likely to be bisexual. It has to do with their desire to have an almost superhuman connection to someone in a relationship. If they only like one gender, their chances of finding that connection is cut in half.

If I had to choose favorite signs, it'd be Scorpio, Pisces and Cancer. All the water signs XD

I don't like male Aries, they're too domineering and insensitive, and I don't like Virgo girls, they're too conservative and organized.

But yeah. As far as being described perfectly by a sign, I draw, sing, write music, I'm fascinated by the subhuman and spend half my time daydreaming. How much more Pisces could I possibly get.

If you guys like astrology there's also Human Design and the enneagram.
I'm number four. What are y'alls?  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:03 pm
SharpenedMoonlight
Sarah_L_Awesome

It doesn't have to be family as in blood ties. It could refer to your friends. Or it's overridden by your other signs.

Kaniedie ShadowMoon

Hybrid? How so?

The "hybrids" are actually born in that little window where two signs govern at the same time, called a cusp. So a Pisces/Aries would be born on a day between March 19th and March 23rd.  

Rosilien

Divine Nymph

18,800 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100

ForeverDreamWithinADream

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:19 pm
Lady Sume
I'm so Pig and Pisces it's not even funny. Both my moon and sun are in Pisces, and my rising in Libra, so I'm like, living in another world here. My Neptune is in Pisces too.

Somebody said something about Scorpio's being more likely to be gay, but they're actually more likely to be bisexual. It has to do with their desire to have an almost superhuman connection to someone in a relationship. If they only like one gender, their chances of finding that connection is cut in half.

If I had to choose favorite signs, it'd be Scorpio, Pisces and Cancer. All the water signs XD

I don't like male Aries, they're too domineering and insensitive, and I don't like Virgo girls, they're too conservative and organized.

But yeah. As far as being described perfectly by a sign, I draw, sing, write music, I'm fascinated by the subhuman and spend half my time daydreaming. How much more Pisces could I possibly get.

I heard so may different things, it's really hard to say. I heard that with women have Mars in Cancer are more likely to be lesbians or that gemini are more likely do be bi or men with Aquarius are more likely to me gay, etc...I also heard some placements in house 8 and a few other.

All I know that I have Mars in Cancer and in Moon and Mercury, Scorpio rising and sun sign in Gemini which is house 8. xd

I got a type 6....  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:09 pm
Playboy Karasu Uchiha
Lady Sume

I heard so may different things, it's really hard to say. I heard that with women have Mars in Cancer are more likely to be lesbians or that gemini are more likely do be bi or men with Aquarius are more likely to me gay, etc...I also heard some placements in house 8 and a few other.

All I know that I have Mars in Cancer and in Moon and Mercury, Scorpio rising and sun sign in Gemini which is house 8. xd

I got a type 6....

Wow, you must be so full of emotions it's exhausting XD  

Rosilien

Divine Nymph

18,800 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100

ForeverDreamWithinADream

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:51 pm
Lady Sume
Playboy Karasu Uchiha
Lady Sume

I got a type 6....

Wow, you must be so full of emotions it's exhausting XD

LOL yeah, I can be pretty emotional. Apparently people think I am a drama queen, though I disagree.  
Off-Topic

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff