Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
Do my parents know? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hashtagihateit

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 11:00 am
Sin Error
RavennaGrimoire
Sin Error
I'm out to mostly everyone important in my family, my mom took it pretty well and was very supportive, however my dad changed. now he barely talks to me and cares less what happens to me.
My little brother also took it pretty well too, a little tear here and there but no rejection...my sister is a whole different story though, she's homophobic.

That's abnormal,
what's her deal?

I have no idea, I thought out of all people she'd be cool with it, since she's in acting class, the theather club and modeling, she works with gay guys all of the time.
She even mesagged my boyfriend telling him she didn't approve of us and that she was really hurt he turned me gay, she even told I was going to hell beacuse I was not a woman and I liked men, then she called me a f*****t.

If she's a b***h then you don't need her.
But maybe you should remind her that if she wants anything to do with acting, theatre and modeling that she's going to be surrounded by "faggots" the rest of her life.  
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 11:01 am
iLuV Muzics
Yeah well, all I know is that I'd rather have a cool dad who's like:
"Whatevs Brah." (lol)
Than one who is all:
"Get out of my house you F***ing f*****t!"
So....yeah.
o.o

Yeah, I feel you  

Hashtagihateit

Yoseisame

6,200 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 2:03 pm
I'm in my second year of college and I have finally come to the conclusion that I am Bi. I had always appreciated beautiful women (I'm female) and then one day I realized that gender didn't matter. the first person a came out to was my 16 year old cousin, who happens to also be Bi. she had come out to her mom and my mom about a year ago.
My mom is a Methodist Pastor as well as a supporter of gay rights. My mom was fine with it, then she went into a rant about how it was natural for young people to be attracted to both genders until they figure out which they prefer sexually. eek which was weird.
I haven't told my dad...... simply because it would be awkward.
I've told my older brother and he is ok with is..... he still wants me to end up with a guy for various reasons. One other cousin knows.
My younger cousin advised me not to tell my grandmother until well after college. She is afraid that the grandmother would convince grandpa to cut my college fund. Also when my grandpa gave his speech at my graduation (home schooled) he included a rant about gays.  
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 12:08 pm
I came out to my family last year. Needless to say, their reactions were NOT positive. They still aren't.

My brothers are extremely homophobic. They ridicule anyone who is gay, lesbian, trans, bi or etc. My father has threatened to kick me out and has told me that I am not worth living at home, or getting any money from him for my education due to my orientation. My mother tells me that I need to get help, and has directly blamed my girlfriend for the way I "turned out".

It is really difficult, and at times I wonder if I'm the only person going through so much familial abuse; or if someone WAS in my place, if they managed to get out of their house successfully and are now living a healthy lifestyle drug free and alcohol free (as I don't do those things and yearn to find someone I could relate to on a personal level).  

eat more happy

Friendly Elocutionist

8,525 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Hygienic 200

Hashtagihateit

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 5:46 pm
my elephant dreams
I came out to my family last year. Needless to say, their reactions were NOT positive. They still aren't.

My brothers are extremely homophobic. They ridicule anyone who is gay, lesbian, trans, bi or etc. My father has threatened to kick me out and has told me that I am not worth living at home, or getting any money from him for my education due to my orientation. My mother tells me that I need to get help, and has directly blamed my girlfriend for the way I "turned out".

It is really difficult, and at times I wonder if I'm the only person going through so much familial abuse; or if someone WAS in my place, if they managed to get out of their house successfully and are now living a healthy lifestyle drug free and alcohol free (as I don't do those things and yearn to find someone I could relate to on a personal level).

I'm sorry your family is horrible.  
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 9:19 pm
My brother thinks that 'I turn back to being straight' since its been a long time since I told him. And I never mention a thing about school. About guys I like. Nor do I mention anything about girls. My brother tried 'hooking me up' with the most randomest girls at school. And he's a little confused and against homosexuality but he seems to try his best not to tell me he is against it  

Skinny Legend

Lonely Abductee

9,750 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Junior 100

HG_ Nevalain

4,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 6:33 am
I got lucky with my parents. I was worried that they would be concerned about it but they think that as long as I am happy they are happy. smile  
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 7:38 am
RavennaGrimoire
Sin Error
RavennaGrimoire
Sin Error
I'm out to mostly everyone important in my family, my mom took it pretty well and was very supportive, however my dad changed. now he barely talks to me and cares less what happens to me.
My little brother also took it pretty well too, a little tear here and there but no rejection...my sister is a whole different story though, she's homophobic.

That's abnormal,
what's her deal?

I have no idea, I thought out of all people she'd be cool with it, since she's in acting class, the theather club and modeling, she works with gay guys all of the time.
She even mesagged my boyfriend telling him she didn't approve of us and that she was really hurt he turned me gay, she even told I was going to hell beacuse I was not a woman and I liked men, then she called me a f*****t.

If she's a b***h then you don't need her.
But maybe you should remind her that if she wants anything to do with acting, theatre and modeling that she's going to be surrounded by "faggots" the rest of her life.

Lol I know right?
I don't know what the ******** goes on in her head, but I can tell most of the stuff it's s**t, that's why I ignore it.  

Sin Error

Elder

7,850 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Invisibility 100

Buttery Biscuit Face

Shameless Gawker

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 8:51 am
I was lucky because my parents are very open minded. I came out when I was 10. My dad even helps me look for girls hahaha.  
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 9:04 am
Buttery Biscuit Face
I was lucky because my parents are very open minded. I came out when I was 10. My dad even helps me look for girls hahaha.

...We're in an RP together.  

Hashtagihateit

Buttery Biscuit Face

Shameless Gawker

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 9:10 am
RavennaGrimoire
Buttery Biscuit Face

:O Tanpopo! Awkward emotion_awesome

That was my first ever roleplay attempt. I hope I did okay  
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 9:17 am
Buttery Biscuit Face
RavennaGrimoire
Buttery Biscuit Face

:O Tanpopo! Awkward emotion_awesome

That was my first ever roleplay attempt. I hope I did okay

You did fine, hahaha. I've been RPing for like 6 years now, but I'm still not very good at it, hahaha.  

Hashtagihateit

Kaori_P

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 1:47 pm
I came out to my parents when I was 17. Told them I was transgendered. They were honestly blindsided and hadn't noticed any signs prior to me telling them. They were upset, and there were many fights and crying, but in the end it all boiled down to the fact that they were just worried about me, and wanted me to be happy more than anything. That was 5 years ago, and now it's pretty chill. I think I lucked out.  
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 2:29 pm
I never really had a "coming out" per say (atleast not that i remember) everyone just kinda figured it out on their own.
My friends and family are very open minded and my mum just wants me to be happy (hell could come home and tell her i am marrying a carrot and she would just smile and ask me when the wedding is xDD )

The only person i really had to explain it to was my 65 year old grandfather...and thats only cause he just didn't understand how one cannot have a gender specific sexuality. Once i explained to him that gender just doesnt enter into the equasion when it comes to people i am attracted to and what not he is actually ok with it ^_^  

angelfromdown-under

Romantic Whisperer

-AvalonChristopher-

Profitable Lover

6,150 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 2:39 pm
My dad was never married to my mom, and he was bisexual.

So, after him and my mother broke up after having a set of twins and triplets. he was in a relationship with my step-father until he died.

I think everyone kinda figured i would be gay. No big surprise there.

My adopted parents got a big shock, for some reason, and I don't talk to them at all anymore, but thats it.

Everyone knows cool

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces