Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
President Obama supports Gay Marriage Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Bodacious Soul Reaper

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 9:13 pm
Before I type this, I would like to say that I respect your opinion, as I wish not to start a disagreement with anyone as the following is simply my opinion.

As I believe that Obama is simply saying that to get more votes. Earlier (as in a year or two ago) he said he disagreed with gay marriage, and now when his presidency is almost up as well as it being in danger from the job he has done. I truly believe he simply said it to get more votes, as he easily got 50,000 people to vote for him there simply by those few words he said.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 9:32 pm
Before I type this, I would like to say that I respect your opinion, as I wish not to start a disagreement with anyone as the following is simply my opinion.

As I believe that Obama is simply saying that to get more votes. Earlier (as in a year or two ago) he said he disagreed with gay marriage, and now when his presidency is almost up as well as it being in danger from the job he has done. I truly believe he simply said it to get more votes, as he easily got 50,000 people to vote for him there simply by those few words he said.

If he's doing it just to get votes, why has he done all sorts of things to support LGBT rights? Like repeal Don't Ask Don't Tell and be openly against DOMA. He's done more, google it. He's supported LGBT since he became president.

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2012/01/22/what-president-obama-has-done-for-lgbt-rights-and-equality/ I googled it for you.

Lady Kayura

Fluffy Bunny

23,150 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 9:45 pm
Lady Kayura

If he's doing it just to get votes, why has he done all sorts of things to support LGBT rights? Like repeal Don't Ask Don't Tell and be openly against DOMA. He's done more, google it. He's supported LGBT since he became president.

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2012/01/22/what-president-obama-has-done-for-lgbt-rights-and-equality/ I googled it for you.

So you do prove a bit of what I had said wrong, but even though he had done some things to help, it seems as if it hadn't done much. As if he truly supported LGBT rights, he would've allowed gay marriage, or at least fought for it, to be in all states allowed.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 3:36 am
Lady Kayura

So you do prove a bit of what I had said wrong, but even though he had done some things to help, it seems as if it hadn't done much. As if he truly supported LGBT rights, he would've allowed gay marriage, or at least fought for it, to be in all states allowed.

I believe him when he says his opinion has been evolving. It isn't the first time he's said that. As for allowing gay marriage, he's a president, not a king. He can't simply say "this is what I want" and it is done. These things have to be voted on.

What he has done is come out and oppose DOMA and Prop 8, both of which want to define marriage as between a man and woman. And when states have voted to allow SSM (same sex marriage) he's come out in support of that. And when North Carolina came out against SSM, Obama came out and said they were wrong.

Under Obama, in this year alone, let's go over a few things that have happened in the USA. SSM laws have been passed in Maryland and Washington. And Civil union/registered partnership laws came into effect for Delaware and Hawaii.

You feeling that he hasn't done much is very subjective and while I can't say you're wrong to feel that, I can point out that he's done more than any other sitting president before him. It seems like every time he speaks, he mentions LGBT rights. And if Obama doesn't win the election in November, the US will stop all progression on LGBT rights because we know Romney does not support us.

There's more than what I'm posting but it's 6:30am here now and I got up early to get dressed for a wedding, not post about gay rights. lol.

Lady Kayura

Fluffy Bunny

23,150 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300

noigel

Dapper Sentai

9,700 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 1:04 pm
Can't wait to hear about this at church.  
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 1:13 pm
Clover_like_goodness
Okay.
I am really not going to try to be racist, but I really have to speak what is on my mind about this.
Yes.Obama is black. I understand that.But the black population mostly supports Straight Marriages. Whites are mostly gay and lez. I'm bi. Most of my area is bi. I may not like to see married gay couples, but now? This whole world will fall apart.
I can see the whites voting for Obama for this. Obama may lose some votes from the black side. Asians. I wouldn't know. Anything else, I don't know. But I do know that christians can be very against this. So Obama loses Kudos there. Obama may gain those kudos back from all the gays and lesbians out there, though.
As for me, I can't speak for everybody, but I'm speaking my mind. But if too many gays and lesbian couples come to par, we may as well say good bye to the world, because most people will be adopting and sooner or later there will be nothing left.
Gays and Lesbians sometimes say that it is easier to be that way because with being Straight there are rules. Not being means no rules. And safe play.
R u trolling. Wtf are you trying to say? rofl
If gay ppl adopt the world will disappear?
And what are these "rules" of which you speak.
And all of this coming from a bisexual lmao.  

noigel

Dapper Sentai

9,700 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Generous 100

Lady Kayura

Fluffy Bunny

23,150 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 7:14 pm
lilla muchi
Clover_like_goodness
noigel
R u trolling. Wtf are you trying to say? rofl
If gay ppl adopt the world will disappear?
And what are these "rules" of which you speak.
And all of this coming from a bisexual lmao.
Okay.
I am really not going to try to be racist, but I really have to speak what is on my mind about this.
Yes.Obama is black. I understand that.But the black population mostly supports Straight Marriages. Whites are mostly gay and lez. I'm bi. Most of my area is bi. I may not like to see married gay couples, but now? This whole world will fall apart.
I can see the whites voting for Obama for this. Obama may lose some votes from the black side. Asians. I wouldn't know. Anything else, I don't know. But I do know that christians can be very against this. So Obama loses Kudos there. Obama may gain those kudos back from all the gays and lesbians out there, though.
As for me, I can't speak for everybody, but I'm speaking my mind. But if too many gays and lesbian couples come to par, we may as well say good bye to the world, because most people will be adopting and sooner or later there will be nothing left.
Gays and Lesbians sometimes say that it is easier to be that way because with being Straight there are rules. Not being means no rules. And safe play.

im bisexual and clover field you are a sorry female dog i know a ton of GAY African Americans that support gay marriage and are by all means homosexual. i also know quite a few African Americans that are strait and support gay marriage so stop your stereotypical hippocracy and racial bigotry. also i love love to know how there would be none left considering that there is an outbreak on homeless children and orphans in the usa and world wide! there's over 7billion people on this earth and trust me a few homosexual couple adopting children and taking care of them will not hurt a damn thing. In fact it would help society and give starving unloved children a good loving and caring home. listen to the news and read. To the Rules thing i would love to know what RULES you speak of since i have never heard nor seen any rules on being with a man vs. being with a woman. its the same thing no matter how its cut.

You know, if you think someone's trolling, it may be a better idea to contact a crew member rather than break Gaia's TOS and attack someone. Just saying.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 7:28 pm
lilla muchi
im not attacking, agreeing with noigel and stating my offense to what she posted. ignorance like hers is the reason this debate on SSM even exists. people who think so are so very misguided and infuriating that it makes me sick. its like saying if your gay you can't be a christian when in the bible it says love thee neighbor. yes i admitt im harsh but im not attacking

Calling someone a b***h is an attack. She could report you for that. And do you really think if you insult her that she'll listen to anything you say? No. She'll be put on the defensive and won't take in anything you say. The point in engaging in debate is to change's someone's opinion from something you don't agree with to something you agree with. And if she won't listen to you because you attack her, why even post?

I'll repeat. Calling someone a b***h is an attack.

Oh, calling someone a "******** troll" is an attack.

Saying she has a "sorry mouth" is an attack.

Lady Kayura

Fluffy Bunny

23,150 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300

lilla muchi

Beloved Shapeshifter

7,250 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 7:33 pm
Lady Kayura
lilla muchi
im not attacking, agreeing with noigel and stating my offense to what she posted. ignorance like hers is the reason this debate on SSM even exists. people who think so are so very misguided and infuriating that it makes me sick. its like saying if your gay you can't be a christian when in the bible it says love thee neighbor. yes i admitt im harsh but im not attacking

Calling someone a b***h is an attack. She could report you for that. And do you really think if you insult her that she'll listen to anything you say? No. She'll be put on the defensive and won't take in anything you say. The point in engaging in debate is to change's someone's opinion from something you don't agree with to something you agree with. And if she won't listen to you because you attack her, why even post?

I'll repeat. Calling someone a b***h is an attack.

Oh, calling someone a "******** troll" is an attack.

Saying she has a "sorry mouth" is an attack.
saying the world will end if gays get married or adopt an attack on the whole homosexual population  
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 7:35 pm
lilla muchi
saying the world will end if gays get married or adopt an attack on the whole homosexual population

And like I said, if you have a problem with what someone says, it's better to contact the crew instead of attacking the person.

Lady Kayura

Fluffy Bunny

23,150 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300

lgtenos
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 8:09 pm
lilla muchi

Perhaps. But you specifically targeted a single guild member for their opinions by using inappropriate language, even after I instructed not to. Post your opinions; that's fine. But don't bring a such a negative taste into your posts, or else actions like these can happen:

* Your posts have been deleted.
* Other quotes with your posts have been edited.
* You have been warned.

Have a nice day.  
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 8:29 pm
~ Fine, I'll agree with you people ^^ I'm sorry for all the horrible nonsense I put you guys through.Once again I apologize. crying ~

Clover_like_goodness

Sugary Kitten

15,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150

lilla muchi

Beloved Shapeshifter

7,250 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 12:12 am
lgtenos
lilla muchi

Perhaps. But you specifically targeted a single guild member for their opinions by using inappropriate language, even after I instructed not to. Post your opinions; that's fine. But don't bring a such a negative taste into your posts, or else actions like these can happen:

* Your posts have been deleted.
* Other quotes with your posts have been edited.
* You have been warned.

Have a nice day.
far enough  
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out