Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
How is it wrong? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Daffodil the Destroyer

Salty Bilge rat

44,725 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:26 am
mickochick1997
It is against the Catholic faith in particular, to use contraceptives, and to get divorced.
We don't see them trying to make condoms illegal, or divorce illegal. Which also has to do with the fact that some states will NOT make gay marriage legal. They say it will "Ruin the bonds of marriage."
You know because divorce doesn't do that...
Though, I believe in divorce too. (and condoms.)
Generally I just believe its the person's choice.
All in all, people just pick and choose parts of the bible follow.
And as a side note. In the bible it says that you shouldn't use pig's skin.
Footballs are made of pig skin. And the irony is, the most homophobic people that I know are football playing Christians.
Ah, the irony.
Times like this, I am glad that I no longer follow the Catholic faith.
Especially since I'm bi. That alone would be enough to get me dowsed in holy water.

User Image

Actually, some of them are trying to get some contraceptives outlawed. I don't think they'd go after condoms, because they couldn't make a case for that. But there have been "personhood" bills in the works all over the country that attempt to say an individual with legal protections comes into being at fertilization. Not conception, but fertilization of the egg... at which point a woman isn't even medically considered pregnant yet. Some birth control is thought to work by thinning the uterine lining so that a fertilized egg can't implant anywhere and begin to develop. Those personhood bills would make that birth control illegal. Some of the stricter Catholics have gotten news attention for supporting those bills.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:26 am
WalrusCokeheadLizard
Blackrose_Knight
WalrusCokeheadLizard
Blackrose_Knight
Being attracted to same-sex people does not mean that you can't reproduce. It simply means you won't enjoy the sex or be satisfied by the sex act. I am the product of a gay man having sex with a woman to maintain his beard while in the military.

Woah, what? Couldn't you just pretend to be straight?
My dad pretended to be straight to stay in the Army. He married my mother and had sex with her to keep up the mask of being straight. (gay men can in fact have sex with women - it just means that they are not sexually satisfied or happy about it) Mom got preggars from one of those encounters and bam me! It is also possible that my dad is bisexual - I have not been in communication with him in about 10 years.

Oh wow, that's crazy! Did your mom know about it the whole time? o.o
Nope, he lied to her (and I am betting himself) trying so hard to be straight. Mom found out by her friend telling her that they had seen my dad kissing another guy at a known gay bar. That ended that relationship quickly.  

Blackrose_Knight

Devoted Pirate

WalrusCokeheadLizard

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:34 am
Blackrose_Knight
WalrusCokeheadLizard
Blackrose_Knight
WalrusCokeheadLizard
Blackrose_Knight
Being attracted to same-sex people does not mean that you can't reproduce. It simply means you won't enjoy the sex or be satisfied by the sex act. I am the product of a gay man having sex with a woman to maintain his beard while in the military.

Woah, what? Couldn't you just pretend to be straight?
My dad pretended to be straight to stay in the Army. He married my mother and had sex with her to keep up the mask of being straight. (gay men can in fact have sex with women - it just means that they are not sexually satisfied or happy about it) Mom got preggars from one of those encounters and bam me! It is also possible that my dad is bisexual - I have not been in communication with him in about 10 years.

Oh wow, that's crazy! Did your mom know about it the whole time? o.o
Nope, he lied to her (and I am betting himself) trying so hard to be straight. Mom found out by her friend telling her that they had seen my dad kissing another guy at a known gay bar. That ended that relationship quickly.

That's really messed up, he should've told her the truth >.< But then again you wouldn't have been born, so I guess everything happens for a reason
At least now they're allowing gay's in the army  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:36 am
WalrusCokeheadLizard

That's really messed up, he should've told her the truth >.< But then again you wouldn't have been born, so I guess everything happens for a reason
I know right. I agree things happen for a reason and these things in tandem with other set you down a road. Now people don't have to lie like my father did, and that makes me happy because those people don't have to experience the mental anguish my father did.  

Blackrose_Knight

Devoted Pirate

WalrusCokeheadLizard

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:46 am
Blackrose_Knight
WalrusCokeheadLizard

I know right. I agree things happen for a reason and these things in tandem with other set you down a road. Now people don't have to lie like my father did, and that makes me happy because those people don't have to experience the mental anguish my father did.

Yeah it sounds like all three of you had a hard time going through this, and all because it was unacceptable to fight for your country if you are openly gay, or just gay in general. I always thought it was so dumb how people seem to single out gay people when it comes to most things. Like parents have issues with their gay children, the army doesn't allow gays, you can't expect to get a job if the person that's hiring you finds out that you're gay, some churches will kick you out if they find out, Strangers look at you weird if you walk by holding someone's hand, the list goes on and on and it almost seems like people like feeding into this crap because they don't want to focus on real issues so they distract themselves with things that have nothing to do with their own life.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:50 am
WalrusCokeheadLizard

Yeah it sounds like all three of you had a hard time going through this, and all because it was unacceptable to fight for your country if you are openly gay, or just gay in general. I always thought it was so dumb how people seem to single out gay people when it comes to most things. Like parents have issues with their gay children, the army doesn't allow gays, you can't expect to get a job if the person that's hiring you finds out that you're gay, some churches will kick you out if they find out, Strangers look at you weird if you walk by holding someone's hand, the list goes on and on and it almost seems like people like feeding into this crap because they don't want to focus on real issues so they distract themselves with things that have nothing to do with their own life.

Oh, I was very young maybe 4 when this all happened. I had a long talk with my mom about why people hate gay folk so much. She and I agree it is mostly fear that pushes these people to be so mean. I work to thwart that fear - and thus destroy homophobia from the inside out. I view problems like garden weeds. There are leaves and flowers of weeds those are symptoms of the problem (gays not allowed in the military, churches kicking people out..ect). You can rip a dandelion off at the stem take the leaves, flowers, but it will grow back. Just like you can make laws making GLBTQ folk a federally protected minority but it will not change the hearts of people. You have to get the root system of the dandelion to make the weed go away, just like you have to attack the root of homophobia and bigotry that follows - fear.  

Blackrose_Knight

Devoted Pirate

WalrusCokeheadLizard

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:57 am
Blackrose_Knight
WalrusCokeheadLizard

Oh, I was very young maybe 4 when this all happened. I had a long talk with my mom about why people hate gay folk so much. She and I agree it is mostly fear that pushes these people to be so mean. I work to thwart that fear - and thus destroy homophobia from the inside out. I view problems like garden weeds. There are leaves and flowers of weeds those are symptoms of the problem (gays not allowed in the military, churches kicking people out..ect). You can rip a dandelion off at the stem take the leaves, flowers, but it will grow back. Just like you can make laws making GLBTQ folk a federally protected minority but it will not change the hearts of people. You have to get the root system of the dandelion to make the weed go away, just like you have to attack the root of homophobia and bigotry that follows - fear.

You're right about that, and it seems like things are slowly but surely getting better for the gay community. It's becoming more accepted and a lot of people are getting used to it, especially the younger generation. I also agree that it's silly to outlaw gay marriage because that's not exactly outlawing being gay =P  
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff