Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Gymnasium & HH } ---------PVP/ Return of the Haunted House
[1 v 1] Please don't kill me ( Deryk / Amrita ) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Enoh Love
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:21 pm
"You Hunters are scary too, you know. When I was a little scareling my Amma told me a story about them to make me behave. I never misbehaved again." The memory had been a recently resurfaced one, since she had told stories back and forth with Mort. One thing lead to another and the story, along with her horrified reaction to it as a small child, had come back to her for better or for worse. She really didn't misbehave after that, unless you count suddenly leaving to go to school...and then the subsequent near-delinquent situations she had gotten involved with since them, "Guess that means the horrible creatures in both our worlds really exist." She was a little bitter, but it was what it was. It was still baffling to think of the denizens of halloween as terrifying, though.

"A little bit of everything? Our world, your world, first aid, gym, Minipet training..." Classes were classes! But that thought sparked one of her own, and she looked up from her work to eye him curiously. "Do you have schools in the Human world? What do you Humans learn about?"

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:34 pm
Indeed. Both sides had 'monsters' as far as the meaning went. Not necessarily the type of creature that happened to exist in Halloween. It was kind of strange to think of Hunters as being the creature under the bed type of thing for these kids though.

"Course we got school! Learn about stuff in our world usually. Then also math, science, literature and stuff like that. Some other more specific things too for older people who wanna specialize in stuff. Technology. Medicine.. .that sorta thing. Don't really learn anything of Halloween. Well. There's mythology 'n stuff though."  

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

Enoh Love
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:56 pm
And then Deryk said something that thoroughly interested the Patchwork ghoul. She looked up from her work, her eye wide.

"...Mythology? Like...like special stories? Heroes, Villains? That kind of Mythology?"

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:01 pm
Deryk blinked for a moment, then nodded.

"Yeah. Also Gods. A lot of you guys come from our myths. Or well. Seem to have come from them at least. They're also big inspiration for other stories and games and stuff like that. Things from Greek mythos show up in stuff all the time for example."  

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

Enoh Love
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:06 pm
Amrita stared. And stared. And stared some more.

"Can you tell me some of your myths? What's a Greek?" And then she shuffled forward a little bit closer, needle and thread held suspended ofer her open hand where she wasn't quite done stitching yet. Clearly, she was eager for story time.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:21 pm
Deryk stared back for a moment.

"Greek is... well it's kinda like Japanese or American or British. Only they come from a place called Greece. Things that come from it are considered Greek. But um. Sure. Let's see..."

He had to think for a moment, but he figured that he should stick to something Greek since that was mentioned.

"Well, in Greek mythology, the underworld is called Tartarus, which is ruled by the God, Hades. He kinda rules over the souls and stuff. But like, he has this huge guard dog named Cerberus. It's a big three headed dog that keeps an eyes on the gates of the Underworld, making sure no one goes in or out when they aren't supposed to," he explained before pausing, "Er.. ok that wasn't really a story I guess... hold on..."  

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

Enoh Love
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:20 pm
Amrita stared at him, but it turned completely blank as he started naming off strange names. Nothing came to memory with those words, not a single one.

But she listened with wide-eyed, unblinking attention to Deryk's story. She shifted again, pressing the soles of her backwards feet together in front of her, her knees against her elbows and her backward hands holding onto her feet. Her sewing was forgotten, and her finger wasn't yet completely sewn back on. Story time > mending.

Christof wasn't here, she could do what she wanted!

"You have an Underworld?" They didn't really have one, to her knowledge. Did caves count as Underworlds? They were...under...their world...hrm. "What is an underworld, anyway?" Clearly, it was not a term she came across. Ever. But there was something familiar about another mark in his story; Cerberus? A three-headed dog? Thackery was a Cerberus, wasn't he? He certainly didn't have three heads. He did have brothers though...

"...Are you sure it was one three-headed dog? Not three one-headed dogs?" Her head tilted curiously.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:40 pm
"Oh. Um. Kinda like a Hell I guess. In some stories Underworlds are just where all souls go after people die. In others, it's just where the souls of bad people go. Sorta afterlife type of deal either way," he said before blinking at the other question she tossed at him.

"The pictures always showed one three-headed dog. Um. Why do you ask?"  

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

Enoh Love
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:27 am
Well, Amrita certainly had a better respect for Hel.

Amrita gave what he said some serious thought, her half brow furrowing. "We have some made-ghosts and made-undeads that weren't born here..." She murmured thoughtfully, her head tilting as she recalled what she had been told by Malodore and Christof. She had been born into halloween, but she knew a lot of others weren't...curious! "Would that make us an Underworld?" It was a musing thought, only it was somewhat uncomfortable. "We're not bad though! We're supposed to scare, that's all. ...That's our job, but we're not mean." At least in this town of Halloween. If they were mean, it was prompted!

"Err, well, I've met a Cerberus. But he um...has brothers, and I'm pretty sure they've all only got one head." Her eye lifted to stare at the ceiling, quite in thought. "But...I guess I've never seen their natural form." So they might have three heads each! She'd have to ask Thackery when she saw him next.

"Tell me another one? Maybe...an actual story this time?" The Patchwork gave a thin smile, trying to be teasing but coming up short; he was nice, very nice, but he was still the enemy.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:54 am
Hm. She did have a point there.

"Guess so then. Kinda makes sense. Underworlds are usually scary things," nodded Deryk, pausing at her last statement. Well. SOME of them weren't mean. The same couldn't really be said for all of them really.

"R-really? Huh. Well. Guess not all myths are really accurate. They're all really old and stuff. Things might have changed."

Scratching his head at that, he shrugged, then sat for a few moments, trying to think about another story he could tell. After a short while, something came to mind.

'Oh! I know. The Odyssey. It's... kinda a long story. But got lots of little parts to it. It's about the great Greek Hero, Odysseus, on his journey home after a big war, which took him ten years altogether," he said before beginning to recount the tale to the best of his ability, mentioning the curse bestowed upon the hero by Poseidon and the bag of wind.

"At some point, Odysseus and his men arrived to Aeaea, the home of Circe, a witch. She offered him and his men a meal, but it was a trick. They were all turned into pigs! All except for one, who managed to warn Odysseus of the treachery. He went to save his men, but was stopped by the God, Hermes, who offered him help. A special herb that would allow him to resist the potion lacing the food. Because of this, he was able to bargain with Circe, in exchange for returning his men back to normal, he would have to give his love. And so he was stuck on that island for a year. When the time came up, she gave them advice on where they should go next and how to go about it," he said before continuing on with the rest of the story.  

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

Enoh Love
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:38 am
Say what you will, Deryk, but Amrita didn't think they were scary. Well...okay, that was a lie. She thought some of them were scary, but that was because they had confidence she didn't, and thinking about it was apparently quite frightening.

The entire time Deryk told his story, Amrita gave her undivided attention. She didn't move, blink, breathe, anything that would distract her from listening. It was a long story, yes; a lot of things went way over her head, but it was a good one. Circe sounded very familiar though. Very familiar. She had heard or seen that name before! Hmmm...this did require much more thought. When he was finished though, she raised her hands and clapped down him, though one finger was understandably more shakey than the others.

"That was fascinating! I can't imagine taking ten years to go home!" Amrita gave a content sigh, shifting her legs to hug her knees against her chest, the thread and needle still dangling from her finger. "I'd love to be a crypt keeper one day. Just...learn and tell stories. If I could do one thing in the whole of Halloween, that'd be it. Er, well, no, that's not true. I'd also like to own a Minipet store~ Hrm." She was off on her own tangents again, but seemingly quite off her guard because of it. After a moment she stared at him curiously, and decided to pose the question back to him, too. "What would you do, if you could do one thing in the whole of your world?" Sure it wasn't the information she should be getting out of him, but it was something she was curious about. Surely he didn't grow up wanting to be a kidnapper and murderer?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:01 pm
"Crypt keeper?" Deryk asked while tilting his head, but she soon explained herself. Oh! That did sound pretty interesting.

"That sounds kinda cool actually. Minipets are cool too. But. I dunno. Stories. They're fun," he agreed. When the question was tossed back at him, he had to think about that for a moment or so.

"Kinda hard question. I enjoyed hacking a lot. Um.. That's like.. using computers and stuff like that. Not. Literally.. hacking something.. like with a sword.. or ax.." he murmured, blinking. Did Halloween kids know about hacking things? Surely some had to. People were afraid of hackers and virus and losing their data and stuff. That had to manifest somehow, right?

"When I was little, kinda wanted to be a super hero. Saving people and stuff. .. Loose way sorta doing that now.. not quite as.. um.. well. Just not the same really. But yeah. Like working with computers a lot."  

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

{ Gymnasium & HH } ---------PVP/ Return of the Haunted House

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas