Anira Tiernay

Self-sustaining Businesswoman

17,000 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Alchemy Level 5 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:56 pm
damecharlie
neutral emotion_eyebrow -eats icecream and watches everyone else sweating- Good job, guys! -says around a mouthful- Keep up the good work! emotion_yatta emotion_omnomnom whee

Where I am sure you meant to say this in good nature and humor Ms. Dame. To my perspective this comes off as a bit disrespectful for someone who is working hard to better one self for her own personal reasons. I must ask that if you do not have something constructive to say on this subject, say nothing at all.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:19 am
I am posting my support for them working hard at working out. 3nodding Hence the "Good job! Keep up the good work!" 3nodding I think it's great they are doing things that make them feel good and are helping them keep their bodies healthy. Obviously I am not -points to the icecream-. I'll most likely die before they all will because of it. xd

-waves flag- Keep up the good work, ladies and gents! biggrin Rar rar rar, work the mighty bod! Rar rar rar, . . .nothing rhymes with bod! confused neutral xd

damecharlie

Versatile Lunatic

MiroIsBored

Adorable Cleric

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:08 am
Miro will have to get used to the tae bo video before she thinks about longer work outs sweatdrop She almost went to the gym with her husband earlier this week, but then realized it was kind of late sweatdrop Since he has lost weight and with me talking about working out with him, it's starting to motivate him into considering working out as well 3nodding

Miro always drinks water after working out, but she never thought to drink water before sweatdrop It does make sense, though. Miro should do that this weekend when she does the video again 3nodding

Miro is aware that muscle weighs more than fat and that's why she figured she wouldn't get down to 105 again and would probably be around 115 instead 3nodding Miro doesn't think the rate she gains muscle is going to be that rapid though, especially since she's more so going to be toning than building.

Also, Miro didn't see that comment pink haired lady posted as "support" at all, especially since it was started with the neutral and emotion_eyebrow emotes. Miro thought it looked more like a bitter mockery from someone who, for whatever reason, doesn't want to exercise themselves and feels sickened or somehow threatened by those that do. Even after the second post, it looks more like trying to save face after being called out on it rather than a genuine defense. If you don't want to exercise, that's your prerogative, and it's also your prerogative to mock those who do if you want, but don't expect to stay on the good side of those who do if you want to make fun of them for it.

Also also, Miro eats ice cream almost daily, if not some other sweet, and she doesn't plan on changing that any time soon since it's not causing her any major problems and she still has a good figure.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:30 am
Actually water does amazing things, a lot of my friends have lost weight from cutting out soda and drinking more water. Granted I can't cut a certain soda cold turkey so I do only one a day be it one can or one 20 oz bottle, and then drink more water while I'm at work now and/or other non soda type drinks. I'm actually a big fan of the Snapple's Noni Berry drinks since its tasty and low calorie. I also know that not a lot of people are big fans of just drinking plain water which is why they have those "flavor enhancers" like Mio and all that so you can get around that too. 3nodding  

Liada Trovaras

MiroIsBored

Adorable Cleric

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:49 pm
Miro tends to only have one soda a day anyway most times, often with lunch 3nodding But Miro doesn't drink a lot of beverages in general sweatdrop She's been trying to keep in mind to drink more water through the week. Her husband once told her that the more regularly she drinks decent amounts of water, the less water she'll retain because the body won't be in "survival mode" and think it needs to store water for later. So if Miro drinks more water, she's less likely to get bloated from water retention 3nodding

Having some kind of beverage with meals often make Miro feel full sooner so she doesn't eat as much 3nodding ... unless it's soda sweatdrop Soda doesn't have the same effect because Miro drinks soda slower than she drinks things like water and juice.

But Miro is considering not getting more soda when the ones we have run out. More often than not, we don't have any soda in the house and it's only recently that we started keeping it stocked. It would be easy enough to go without again. 3nodding

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:40 pm
Speaking of water, my sister is doing the water aerobics ~ loves it and helps with the toning. Methinks it probably less stressful than the spinning my oldest daughter enjoys... Bratty needs to get her tushie on the move with the working out. Walks 1 hour every Friday with my lovely friend ~ she insists which is good for Bratty. Needs work to stop going through my lunch hour so I could expand it to more days a week.  

Lil Brat
Captain

Enduring Codger

11,525 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100

Kits Rose

Feline Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:02 pm
To add to what I said before, don't drink a lot of water right before you work out, or it might give you an upset stomach. cat_sweatdrop About 10-15 minutes before is better.

Soda is actually one of the worst things you can drink, with it's very high levels of sugar and preservatives. Not that I can avoid it completely either... cat_ninja Though I did switch to diet soda.

Juice really isn't much better than soda, apparently. It's still got the high sugar levels, but at least it's a natural sugar. I'm still not completely clear on all of that, but I've been hearing a lot to avoid juice and eat fresh fruit instead.

I love those Snapple Noni berry drinks too. ^_^ I like most Snapple drinks, they just seem to all be so good!  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:41 pm
Fresh fruits are much better for you, as you get the natural fibers your body needs. Juice has lots of natural sugars in it, does not have any fiber and is very high glycemic. Juice is really only good for raising low blood sugars quickly. If you must have juice, buy only 100% natural juice without any other added sugars. Light juices have sweeteners in them, and added sweeteners tend to make your body crave more carbohydrates, which can be a bad thing. And keep in mind that one carb serving is just a mere 4 ounces, or 1/2 cup of juice.

Soda is one of the worst things you can drink, be it regular or diet. That includes Snapple, sweet teas and other similar drinks. So if you simply cannot do without your favorite, use any of those in moderation, like only once or twice a week is best.
*sighs*

Unsweetened herbal teas are good. Just be careful of teas with caffeine in them. I've heard that green tea is good for you. It could boost up your metabolism a bit, which can be an aid with weight loss.

Water is what your body needs most on a daily basis, so stick with it. You can be creative by flavoring your plain iced water with lemon slices or other citrus fruit slices. For stronger flavor, let them "steep"/chill in the fridge for awhile. I've heard peeled seedless cucumber slices can also be added to water for added flavor, but I haven't tried that yet.

Eileen50

Distinct Trainer

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:20 am
Diet soda can actually be worse for you, oddly enough. Not only can the artificial sweeteners in them potentially cause weight gain, but some of them can trigger other health problems as well. Of course, high fructose corn syrup {which most non-diet sodas are made with} has a similar effect. It's better to stick with natural sugar and just reduce your intake of it. Sugar does have a place in a healthy diet, so long as it's in moderation.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:43 am
grrrrrrr post in black writing all those colors cause headaches 3nodding  

gamerkitty87

11,250 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Kairanha

Tipsy Streaker

10,675 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:10 am
furryfox23

Hmm. Reduced tolerance for color can be attributed to high stress which is bad for your health. You should try exercising and see if that helps.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:14 pm
Kairanha
furryfox23

Hmm. Reduced tolerance for color can be attributed to high stress which is bad for your health. You should try exercising and see if that helps.

i've been trying to find out if ohlone college in fremont california lets you use their gym and pool just by paying the unit price like 30.00 a month for each one without getting classes sweatdrop but so far i can't find out i looked at yahoo answers and asked questions but no one knows  

gamerkitty87

11,250 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Kits Rose

Feline Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:08 pm
Try contacting the school directly? It's usually the best way to find out for sure.

The diet soda and Snapple drinks for me are like... 1 or 2 a week. Most of the time, I drink plain water, and once in a while I have tea. Can't do unsweetened though, so I add a little bit of agave nectar (which we're using now instead of sugar).  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:01 pm
Lil Brat
Speaking of water, my sister is doing the water aerobics ~ loves it and helps with the toning.
A doctor suggested water aerobics to Miro's husband before when he said he was having a hard time finding the energy to exercise. 3nodding He tried it out for a while, but it didn't do him much good because it was a heated indoor pool, which he didn't like at all sweatdrop But water aerobics, to Miro's understanding, is much gentler on the body than other forms of exercising 3nodding Things like what Miro is doing with the video or running and cycling can wear down the cartilage in joints after a while. One of the supplements Miro is taking is glucosamine, which helps rebuild cartilage 3nodding
Kits Rose
Juice really isn't much better than soda, apparently. It's still got the high sugar levels, but at least it's a natural sugar. I'm still not completely clear on all of that, but I've been hearing a lot to avoid juice and eat fresh fruit instead.
Miro has heard that too, but she drinks juice for the same reason people drink soda ninja She just thinks it's tasty ninja

Often times when we get fruit, it ends up going bad because neither Miro or her husband think to eat it, even if it's the only thing we've gotten ourselves to snack on sweatdrop Miro used to snack on fruits and veggies as a kid, though. Her dad would keep us stocked with apples and carrots most of the time, occasionally getting some other fruit or celery if the grocery store had any that was in good condition when he went shopping.
Eileen50
If you must have juice, buy only 100% natural juice without any other added sugars. Light juices have sweeteners in them, and added sweeteners tend to make your body crave more carbohydrates, which can be a bad thing. And keep in mind that one carb serving is just a mere 4 ounces, or 1/2 cup of juice.

Unsweetened herbal teas are good. Just be careful of teas with caffeine in them. I've heard that green tea is good for you. It could boost up your metabolism a bit, which can be an aid with weight loss.
Miro gets Juicy Juice. 100% juice for 100% Miro mrgreen She drinks tall glasses of it though redface mmmm carbs emotion_omnomnom

Miro has a lot of herbal teas sitting around, but most of them don't taste good without at least a little sweetener sweatdrop Miro often adds two spoonfuls of sugar or honey, depending on which would compliment the flavor of the tea better. She doesn't drink tea too often, though... especially in the summer emotion_zombie Miro heard green tea has caffeine in it confused

MiroIsBored

Adorable Cleric

Kits Rose

Feline Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:10 pm
Tea does have caffine in it. So does chocolate. Some caffine is okay, as long as you don't overdo it. A lot of people do, and that's where it starts getting really bad. If I remember correctly from the health class I had to take a year or so ago, you can have 100-200 mg of caffine a day without any negative effects. It equaled about 2 cups of coffee.

Fruit and veggies are the best things you can have to snack on. It is hard to remember to eat them if you haven't for a while, though. cat_sweatdrop  
RL (Real Life) General Discussions

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff