Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Undergoing Character Creation Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 40 41 42 43 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Announcement on pg. 37
  ^u^ ~<3
View Results

Epic Muffin Cannon

Dangerous Lunatic

3,850 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:09 pm
When I get the chance to DM, I usually throw in some 3rd-party stuff, but nothing broken. I'll run a few of the sources by you guys, if that's okay.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:15 pm
Vampfighter1

:/ You'll have to explain to me why, since you tend to drop/disappear and you don't seem to like doing the work necessary to keep the RP moving.

Epic Muffin Cannon

^u^ As long as you run it by us first.  

xX_Terei_Xx

Questionable Prophet

Vampfighter1
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:21 pm
Because I'm actually available more now that I'm back on scholarship. It means I'm working less and more available here. But I'll let the group vote. If you don't want me here, i'll accept that.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:25 pm
Vampfighter1

:/ I'm gonna say no, because of Pokémon and Unexpected Threat.  

xX_Terei_Xx

Questionable Prophet

Epic Muffin Cannon

Dangerous Lunatic

3,850 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:27 pm
xX_Terei_Xx

Though, the best way to decide which books to use will depend on what sort of campaign we'd be running. I have enough books to run almost anything, but I don't want to take things in a completely different direction.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:28 pm
Epic Muffin Cannon

I suppose that will be up to iLL, since he volunteered to start it off.  

xX_Terei_Xx

Questionable Prophet

Epic Muffin Cannon

Dangerous Lunatic

3,850 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:31 pm
xX_Terei_Xx
Epic Muffin Cannon

I suppose that will be up to iLL, since he volunteered to start it off.

Duly noted.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:58 pm
As an added note for character creation:

Don't forget your feats and ability score increase from leveling!  

xX_Terei_Xx

Questionable Prophet

xX_Terei_Xx

Questionable Prophet

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:13 pm
Before I forget, we need to make a decision on HP

There's:
  • Max 1st, Roll after
  • Max 1st, Average after

I'll vote to tiebreak, if necessary.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:52 pm
I've already gone over my ideas with Terei, but I'll post them here so everyone can see. I've participated in two campaigns like this before, in which players take turns serving as the DM. The first one was disastrous, and the second was a success. I would like to share with you all why that happened.

In the first campaign, we ran it as if it was any other campaign. We built the world together, we came up with the story together, and then we just took turns running the show, with the character of whomever was DMing at the time following along as an NPC.

This did not work.

The main issue was that in several instances, arguments popped up where the previous DM felt their work was being under-minded by the current DM, such as killing off an NPC it turned out they had long-term plans for. There was also an issue of players' characters taking advantage of meta-info, both as a DM, and as a player. And most distressingly, there was a single instance in which the current DM started giving their character (currently an NPC) preferential treatment. That's where we decided this wasn't working and needed to try something else.

A few months later, we tried again with a new idea that solved two key problems: DMs interfering with each other's work, and the DM's character being present during their reign as DM.

The campaign worked like this: The party did not begin the game on the material plane. They were in the astral plane, where they had access to a device which was capable of generating gates to other worlds. One character (the current DM's character) would stay behind to operate the device, while the others would go through the gate and to this other world. This way, each DM had their own world in which they could run out their own stories without interference, and it temporarily removes their character from the equation.

Aside from a gate machine (which I think is kinda cliched) I've got two other ideas we could use for this. My first idea is that our characters are abducted by some powerful denizen on the astral plane. This being is searching for something, but the object of his search is protected from any attempts at divination. However, this being has reason to suspect that each of our characters have crossed paths with this thing at some point in our past. So he plucks us each from our home worlds, and via powerful magic, has us start sorting through each others' memories, looking for the points in our past where we interacted with the thing he seeks.

Whomever's memories we're looking through serves as the current DM, and their character isn't present because we're currently inside that character's head.

My other idea (and I think perhaps my favorite) is this: Instead of the astral plane, our characters find themselves lost in Limbo. For those of you who aren't familiar with Limbo, it's a dimension that's a roiling chaotic maelstrom of earth, water, fire, great floating chunks of stone, the building blocks of the universe basically. The only way to get around in Limbo is if one concentrates hard enough, they can impose their will upon their surroundings, to separate them from the roiling chaos and make them take a solid, stable form. My idea was that the party is given this orb that increases their ability to impose their will on Limbo, letting them shape a larger area. Using the orb puts the wielder into a sort of trance, and forms a large area of solid ground for the party to move across. Using the orb is taxing though, so the party takes turns holding it, as they search for the way back home.

Whomever holds the orb would serve as the current DM, and the trance they fall under keeps their character from acting under their reign. This also poses the party with the extra challenge of safely transporting your unconscious body while you trance.

But those are my ideas. Let me know what you all think of them : P  

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:54 pm
And for HP, I vote for average  
iLL iNTENT rolled 15 6-sided dice: 1, 6, 4, 2, 6, 5, 4, 6, 2, 3, 1, 3, 1, 6, 2 Total: 52 (15-90)
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:55 pm
Anyways, rollin' stats

1, 6, 4, 2, 6 = 16
5, 4, 6, 2, 3 = 15
1, 3, 1, 6, 2 = 11  

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

iLL iNTENT rolled 15 6-sided dice: 3, 1, 3, 1, 2, 3, 1, 3, 5, 4, 5, 5, 3, 5, 4 Total: 48 (15-90)

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:58 pm
Rolling last 3 stats

3, 1, 3, 1, 2 = 8
3, 1, 3, 5, 4 = 12
5, 5, 3, 5, 4 = 15  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:58 pm
Also, starting gold for a 5th level character is 10,500 GP  

xX_Terei_Xx

Questionable Prophet

glitterboypilot rolled 5 6-sided dice: 1, 4, 1, 5, 2 Total: 13 (5-30)

glitterboypilot

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:03 pm
as for ideas, I like the dream land game... the one where the dm is reliving past memories and the players are the force trying to move those thoughts or aid...

Another idea, that stems from that, I had, is a time jump... the players are teleported to the past event and have to solve puzzles, beat bosses or what ever is keeping the dm in that state, or "right a wrong" that happened to the dm

might just be saying yours in a different way  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 40 41 42 43 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces