Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
Oreo's Support LGBT Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gold?
  Yes! :]
View Results

Tiras Adreus

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:48 pm
what if they were double stuffed? I would order alot of them  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:32 pm
anyone else see that comment, "1st worlds problem; boycotting food" makes a lot of sense.... world hunger is supposed to be going on and people are willing to boycott food over their prejudice. biting off their nose despite their face?

some things just aren't right with this world. -sigh-  

CheizLord

6,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Citizen 200

Baddicus B itch

Sparkly Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:48 pm
I made one, didn't get to eat it, though. Food coloring's all but good for you.

Rainbows in a cookie=obesity and diabeetus for me.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:50 pm
That rainbow oreo looks gross lol  

noigel

Dapper Sentai

9,700 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Generous 100

gothicchibee

Shameless Flatterer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:42 pm
Stupidity makes me laugh.... wow people... Yay oreos  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:50 am
CheizLord
anyone else see that comment, "1st worlds problem; boycotting food" makes a lot of sense.... world hunger is supposed to be going on and people are willing to boycott food over their prejudice. biting off their nose despite their face?

there is nothing wrong with boycotting a food company that does something you dont agree with. if oreo starting supporting peta or something i would stop eating them.

even if it is silly we live in a wonderful country where if you dont agree with something you are able to be vocal about it and stop buying products that do things you dont agree with  

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200

Lady Kayura

Fluffy Bunny

23,150 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:40 am
Shanna66
CheizLord

there is nothing wrong with boycotting a food company that does something you dont agree with. if oreo starting supporting peta or something i would stop eating them.

even if it is silly we live in a wonderful country where if you dont agree with something you are able to be vocal about it and stop buying products that do things you dont agree with

What's silly is people spend money supporting organizations that are anti-gay rights when that money could be going to people in need. Lately I'm seeing a lot of this from "Christian organizations". Just today I was reading more about Chick-A-Fil's stance. If I'm recalling right, this "Christian" organization donated 3 million to anti-gay groups.

If they cared so much about people, why not donate that 3 million to food shelters and homeless shelters and other useful things.

And boycotting can be a very powerful tool. Companies may not listen to the concerns of a customer until the customer stops spending money someplace to let said company know you're serious.

Disclaimer: I know not all Christian companies are at fault or do this. This isn't an attack on the religion but on companies that claim they are Christian then act very much the opposite.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:47 pm
Lady Kayura

What's silly is people spend money supporting organizations that are anti-gay rights when that money could be going to people in need. Lately I'm seeing a lot of this from "Christian organizations". Just today I was reading more about Chick-A-Fil's stance. If I'm recalling right, this "Christian" organization donated 3 million to anti-gay groups.

If they cared so much about people, why not donate that 3 million to food shelters and homeless shelters and other useful things.

And boycotting can be a very powerful tool. Companies may not listen to the concerns of a customer until the customer stops spending money someplace to let said company know you're serious.

Disclaimer: I know not all Christian companies are at fault or do this. This isn't an attack on the religion but on companies that claim they are Christian then act very much the opposite.
Simply put, the Christian groups actually feel like they are aiding others by supporting the anti-gay groups. According to their beliefs, being gay is a sin and one way ticket to an afterlife of suffering. So they feel like they're helping the LGBT community in the long run by donating their funds to these organizations.

Now, I was a Catholic before and not once have I heard that being gay was a sin. I believe it's just a common misconception in the religion and that it is simply being hated on based on the face that it is different from the norm. What I don't get is that Christianity's message is one that promotes unity and peace among the people through doing good, and hating others based on sexual orientation contradicts this philosophy.

Cosair

Conversationalist

Lady Kayura

Fluffy Bunny

23,150 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:27 pm
Cosair
Simply put, the Christian groups actually feel like they are aiding others by supporting the anti-gay groups. According to their beliefs, being gay is a sin and one way ticket to an afterlife of suffering. So they feel like they're helping the LGBT community in the long run by donating their funds to these organizations.

Now, I was a Catholic before and not once have I heard that being gay was a sin. I believe it's just a common misconception in the religion and that it is simply being hated on based on the face that it is different from the norm. What I don't get is that Christianity's message is one that promotes unity and peace among the people through doing good, and hating others based on sexual orientation contradicts this philosophy.

Yes, they feel it's a sin. And once upon a time it was a sin to marry outside one's race and it was a sin for a women to be doing anything that didn't involve raising kids and being in the kitchen and it was a sin to give blacks anything that resembled equal rights.

These groups have been wrong before and they'll be wrong this time.

Just too bad that they're so concerned with people's souls that they ignore the suffering going on that they could ease.

As for Catholic not being a sin, someone really needs to tell the higher ups in your church (if you still consider yourself apart of it) that because they didn't get that memo. Too many times am I hearing priests and bishops and even the pope being rather anti-gay.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:28 pm
It's nice to see the company doing something like this, and it's kind of funny to see all of the 'outrage' that some people are showing. xD

Either way, it makes me feel less guilty about eating their cookies. razz

Impy Kun

Dapper Lunatic

7,600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:08 am
Lady Kayura
Shanna66
CheizLord

i know its annoying and silly but i love living in a country where people are allowed to do this.

and yes, it bugs me too that so many hateful people hide behind the title of christian when they are doing what christ told them not to do. im still trying to find a church to go to where i wont have to be told what a horrible sinner i am for my love of ladies.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:08 pm
Dancehall Hysteria
one asexual would like to buy all of the oreos! scream

I know it was written a while ago, but make that two.  

SilentVex

Married Hellraiser

11,725 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Champion Cardholder 100
  • Married 100

loonaboots

Shady Zapper

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:15 pm
SilentVex
Dancehall Hysteria

i still do; but mostly because i have a giant craving for oreos all of a sudden.
      *runs off for ibuprofen*

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:59 pm
Dancehall Hysteria
SilentVex
Dancehall Hysteria

i still do; but mostly because i have a giant craving for oreos all of a sudden.
      *runs off for ibuprofen*

I always crave oreos. Little things are addicting. Plus you know, my dad always EATS the entire box before we can touch it.  

SilentVex

Married Hellraiser

11,725 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Champion Cardholder 100
  • Married 100

DeanHavoc

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:46 pm
This just makes me hungry for cookies lol.  
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff