Welcome to Gaia! ::

THoR

Back to Guilds

Freeform RP and general place to hang out! 

Reply Role Playing Section (Create Roleplays and RP in here!)
Making it as we go Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rosemary Mori
Crew

9,675 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Winter Guardian 250
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:32 pm
Ma Jianshen put his hand on his head and did a slicking of the hair back motion even though most of it was tightly braided. He was having a little more trouble than usual with his pain inducing ability when feeding and the blood bags had been writhing more than usual. He already knew present company didn't mind in theory, but did they really want to see that? He silently poured more tea to Githar and set it down so the spout wasn't pointed at anyone. "Is there any reason for your visit, Merak bìxià?"  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:44 pm
"Unless you insist, I'm not sure I'm comfortable with that title of bìxià."

"Well, a couple of reasons... I did want to acquaint myself better with you, perhaps others also. Partly an effort not to close myself off to others like I have during the worse parts of my curse in the past, and also because I'm realizing I want to get to know people better."

Jacob took another drink of tea.

"As well, something came up, a sort of theory about some emotions regarding Veni and I. Some outsider opinions on the matter would be helpful... It came up that it may be that Veni could be reflecting my emotions for Rosemary and him when it came to how he feels about me. That may or may not be the case we thought, though it has me a little curious I do have to admit."

Githar mentally noted that while Jacob did seem slightly bothered by that notion of Veni's feelings only being a reflection, his empathy told him that it wasn't bothering him too severly, just that it seemed to be more of a nagging pest or annoyance in his mind.

"Mind if I add in my two cents as well, having been around you all a few times and being a natural empath?"

"No, not at all. I think the more thoughts on the matter, the better."

"I'm not entirely sure what reflected feelings are supposed to.. well.. feel like empathetically, but from what I've sensed around you three seems pretty strong and natural to me. I'm sure Galantros would tell you the same if you asked him, he may be even able to tell better than me being part incubus. Interesting, speaking as an empath, you don't seem as troubled by this a great deal. Somewhat, I can sense, but it's as if you've been reassured somewhat already."

Jacob gave a slight smile and shrugged.

"Even if they were reflections of my own emotions, Veni stated that he was sure his own would come into being if that were the case, and that he wasn't unhappy either."  

GamingLord
Vice Captain

Rosemary Mori
Crew

9,675 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Winter Guardian 250
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:51 am
Ma Jianshen smiled and started to chuckle, once he was done speaking, at the comment of the title (a note he's not speaking English). He calmed down a little and there was a lack of mirth in his voice when he continued, most likely due to Cantonese relying on tones over a variety of words and if he used the wrong tone, he could be saying a different word altogether. "Pardon me, it was rude. Did you finally figure out what bìxià meant due to that device?" He had been saying Merak bìxià to him for a while now. "What does it matter if his emotions are reflecting yours or not? If they are your emotions masked as his, than he's letting it happen this time and not resisting it as he has done before. It really seems a trivial detail to me if you're both happy. At least you have what I assume to be a decent lover since I barely see him without you around anymore. I see Rosemary with you less. I'm actually surprised you came here without him (what he actually means: I'm surprised you got him to stop dangling off you long enough to get away from him)."  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:24 am
Jacob nodded a bit. "Yes, the device did help me figure that out finally. Honestly, I probably should have looked it up on my own though. If I only spent half as much time as I do in most other languages than I do in demonic and undead tongues and my various spells, I could probably do well in a career as a multi-translator."

Jacob listened carefully to what Ma Jianshen was saying as he finished the last of his tea, and a little detail of what was said didn't escape him, though Githar spoke of it outloud first.

"You've got a very good point..." The necromancer seemed to relax even further a bit, more of his concerns put at rest.

"Yes, though I noticed you said "...he's letting it happen this time..." I'm assuming something similar happened in the past that didn't go over as smoothly?"

Jacob just nodded in agreement to what Githar said... he had an inkling of what may have been thought of when Jianshen had said that, but he would let the vampire say what incident it was or was not, if he so choosed. Though another thing was also said, that Rosemary was seen with him less often? Perhaps he should take her out sometime soon. He didn't want either one of his loves to think he was taking them for granted.  

GamingLord
Vice Captain

Rosemary Mori
Crew

9,675 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Winter Guardian 250
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:05 am
Ma Jianshen did the same motion with his hand that he did earlier to indicate he wasn't comfortable with the question just asked or that he had said something he shouldn't have and was embarrassed by it now and was quiet for a time before he spoke. "You said it, but I am not sure how much I should say on it. Well other than that sister of mine, I at least suspect that some people with a connection to him like mine or Jacob's had feelings for him, but he never reflected it. With how certain time periods and various cultures viewed love, which often wasn't considered necessary to have for marriage, and the type of powers my family tends to have, many of us have difficulty grasping the concept of "love" and may confuse it with obsession or lustful fantasy or may even have love for someone but don't know how to express it correctly and end up with poor results."  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:49 am
"Confusing it for obsession or lustful fantasy is what I'm fairly sure Galantros worries about himself, wouldn't you agree Jacob?"

"Possibly, he doesn't seem to want to do that to anyone. I know for a while I probably had a semi-similar problem of not knowing how to express love I think, due to being shut off from everyone and everything for so many centuries... and some temporary, long-term loss of sanity. Do you have that same difficulty?"  

GamingLord
Vice Captain

BlackMN

Captain

Dapper Animal

16,525 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Team Edward 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:14 pm
"From a western perspective, yes. We see showing affection as a private matter. We don't hug, kiss, cuddle, or caress in public. Not even to children. I was married with a wife that was arranged by our parents that I grew to love over time, which was lucky and I believe the same happened to her. I recall being affectionate towards her when appropriate and she blessed me with healthy children. However as a vampire living mostly in the west, the hairy barbarian demons were mostly racist to a godless heathen like me. I only learned some things that I did thanks to my vampiric persuasions. Being Chinese wasn't really a good thing to be in the centuries that I've lived until more recently as people have become more tolerant, so I haven't had many real girlfriends. I possibly would have trouble expressing love suitable for the times. Actually, most of the time I'd rather have someone for dinner, possibly multiple times, than as a girlfriend...and ever since my powers came to me I desire that more than ever since I deny myself that pleasure."  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:50 pm
"If you want, I'm sure Minazi probably knows a few people from back before she broke up with her last boyfriend, he was also a vampire. She probably made some connections, so she might know some people willing to be fed off of, even despite you pain ability."

Jacob nodded, wincing a bit as his curse took a slight effect on one part of his body, causing him some discomfort and pain. It was one of the less extremes, so he was able to ignore it though, though he did place his hand over an area where a rib would be.

"Are you..."

"I'm fine, just the curse. Nothing unmanageable. Anyway, I could probably help with that as well, if you don't mind a feeding partner being demonic. Some of them have high thresholds for pain, probably as good as me at least in some cases, heh."  

GamingLord
Vice Captain

Rosemary Mori
Crew

9,675 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Winter Guardian 250
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:22 pm
A small sudden surge of anger arose within Ma Jianshen along with other conflicting emotions on what they just said. If it was that easy to get him a feeding partner, why hadn't anyone mentioned it before? He was sure he'd mentioned missing people or at least not doing it because it is painful before... Not to mention Rosemary, Veni, Dan, and Daisy have been blunt in stating that they like feeding off people more than the blood bags...had no one assumed he had the same problem since he did it all the time? He only hadn't said anything because he didn't think anyone would let him do it and it wasn't proper to complain about a marvelous invention he should be grateful for.

He scooted closer to the edge of the platform (which I guess everyone knows what it is as they haven't asked about it...Githar probably does, but I didn't think Jacob would...) away from Jacob when his curse started up. It was very tempting to reach over and make a minor nuisance to the necromancer worse. It wouldn't be for spiteful reasons, sort of an instinctual reaction. Still the idea of even one feeding partner was like a dream come true, but multiple... "You don't know how deeply grateful I would be if you did. Jacob, can you sense the overall wellness of Veni and Rosemary normally? Do you notice a difference in satisfaction or something about them when they feed off you or someone else versus when they feed off a blood bag or from a cup a couple times?"  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:50 am
Githar internally frowned a little at feeling Ma Jianshen's anger and other emotions... He couldn't blame him, if he guessed right, maybe subtle hints or something else had been dropped and they hadn't been paying attention that he would have needed a feeding partner. He politely kept his face normal and didn't comment or say anything about the emotions he felt, out of manners and respect for the vampire. It was partially reaper etiquette to not mention aloud another's minor negative feelings, especially if they weren't close to the other individual. He was acquainted with Jianshen, yes, but wasn't sure if he was considered a good enough friend or just someone likeable enough to spar with and such yet.

“If I can help, I'll do what I can... Ah, normally, yes, I can sense usually if they're either in suffering or not and such things. Come to think of it, they do seem more refreshed after feeding off me, when compared to drinking from another, less living source.”

”If that's true, couldn't Ma Jianshen just feed off of yo...” Immediately, Githar clamped his metaphorical mouth shut, realizing what he said could be embarrassing. Then he paused for a moment, and thought.

”Actually, since you're with Rosemary and Veni... and from what I understand from what Minazi's told me about some things, or what I can guess... And you're Veni's child, would it be so wrong if you were to feed off of Jacob?”

Jacob blinked. He hadn't considered that possibility.  

GamingLord
Vice Captain

Rosemary Mori
Crew

9,675 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Winter Guardian 250
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:47 pm
Ma Jianshen looked at Githar and Jacob wide eyed with a gaze redder than usual. He was already trying not to fantasize about the last thing they said. He knew they meant well, but now they were absolutely tormenting him. "No! I mustn't feed off Jacob even if Veni would allow it! I don't think you quite understand my power... I don't just cause pain or increase it from an injury... I can also sense past pains when I touch someone long enough...and... have them experience it again. The more pain someone has experienced, the stronger I could be against them. How to explain this... May I have your hand? I won't bite it."

He scooted back towards Jacob and held it in both his hands. " In my family our powers are pleasurable to use and I desire to use it deep down. I think it's this way for all of us (children), even Rosemary. The darker the gift the darker the desires and I've been having trouble with mine as of late ever since I got a large taste of it with that accident with Dieamos. I've been taking it out on the blood bags though..."

He started to rub Jacob's hand against his cheek and brought his wrist closer to his mouth and nose as he spoke. The vampire seemed to become more intoxicated as he did so as well. " I didn't know your curse was a three month cycle. Two months of almost randomized torture and a break for a month... with also some gruesome injuries in between or at the same time sometimes. You're so desirable in more than one way. A human, necromancer, and you've experienced so much pain in your life. You're the most small and tender of tea leaves, the most fragrant of flowers, the juiciest of nectarines (note: nectarines are like ambrosia to the Greeks [ie. food of the gods]). I don't feed on pains but at the same time...what would I be unbearably tempted to do if I fed off someone as attractive as you? Yes... take the pain of at least one whole cycle and cause you to experience it all at once... and also," he licked the pulse on Jacob's wrist longingly (note: the Chinese find it very rude to show ones tongue and normally try to hide it) and momentarily thought of something... "also combine it with the pain of regenerating yourself completely."

He then let Jacob have his wrist back, took a deep breath, and tried to regain his normal demeanor. "And if I were to feed off you, I may lose myself and do just that. So anyone I feed off can't have experienced too much torment or caused it within their life. I believe I could handle someone who has experienced pain and injury at the level of Githar."  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:16 am
Jacob calmly took his hand back and nodded, better understanding Ma Jianshen's situation now, a bit of precarious one actually. Githar sat where he was, seeming to contemplating something, his glowing eyes focusing in that unusual way that reapers tend to do by dimming ever so slightly when they were in thought.

The reaper seemed to take a simulated breath of air as he contemplated what he was about to say and even offer.

"Well, in that case... maybe until we can try and find you a few regular blood partners, Ma, I can offer myself then. I think you've explained the risks well enough, and if it's only once in a while, it shouldn't be too overwhelming. Of course, I don't do this lightly either, or consider it something to be handled as not serious. Anyway, I may be no Jacob, but..."

He gave a slight shrug, but they could tell the reaper was completely serious and would not go back on his word on this offer, even knowing the excruciating pain it would cause him. Githar's reasons for offering were several. He felt that this was causing so much torment for Jianshen, and over the short time he had come to know the vampire, he had liked the guy. He certainly was someone that was challenging to spar with and share martial arts information with.

"...though I am curious about one thing. There was an accident involving Dieamos? ...I'm assuming you used your ability on him, an Abomination class demon? What happened there?"  

GamingLord
Vice Captain

BlackMN

Captain

Dapper Animal

16,525 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Team Edward 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:40 pm
Ma Jianshen smiled and bowed his head slightly. "I am very honored to have such understanding friends." He was surprised they weren't more disturbed than they were.

"Well we were doing a training exercise in the hologamer set to realistic. Dieamos wanted to participate in his true form. So the game was naturally set to everyone versus Dieamos with a couple of shadow goblins. Well we, or at least Rosemary and I, wanted to see if I couldn't use my talents on someone so huge. With help I managed to get close enough to strike him on the spine with the intent to give him a back ache, but... his body didn't react well. It turns out we accidentally stumbled on a weakness of the giant's. Not only did it cause him pain, but it also seriously injured him...as for me... I couldn't control it at all. Once I connected, it wouldn't stop. It was like his body was drawing it out and I couldn't stop it like I normally do. At the same time, it was one of the most pleasurable sensations I've experienced in a while. I took myself out of the game to end that flow.

"However... ever since that my desires have grown darker, I want to use it more, and I've been taking it out on the blood bags. I normally think I have good self control and are disciplined in it, but that incident has proven a stumbling block to me and I have less confidence in my control. They say that some people carry an alcoholic gene and are alcoholics the moment they have their first drink. It's probably like that only this was my first really good taste. Before that I would have accepted the idea of trying Jacob, but now I find myself pondering, more than I used to, on different ways to use my gift of note... and I feel like I want to do that again."

"I have a question...I'm still not exactly up on the vampire culture of this world, but... the ones I typically run into it seems they have been raised on blood bags the whole time, so they are content with them and probably haven't gotten a good enough or enough of "alcohol" to notice anything missing. With the way you worded what you said... do vampires treat people whom they feed off of regularly here like hussies or prostitutes or just not very well in general?"  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:44 am
“Dieamos fortunately didn't hold any grudge against Ma. He was more curious about that aspect than anything else, really. It's rare that an Abomination has such a devastating weakness.”

”Really interesting... Well as to your question Ma, I think it depends mostly on the kind of relationships they've fostered. It just varies. Some treat them like everyday friends or close buddies. Others as lovers, or some in your example, do tend to treat them as something to be prostituted. The typical view is as friends or lovers though I believe..

“Actually, this is a little off topic, but I just remembered something from all this blood talk that might be interesting to you both. Was just thinking on it. They've been working more on the blood bio-tech lately, and recently managed a way to reproduce from samples blood from specific individuals into a blood bag. Not cloning per say, that's definitely outlawed in Limbo, and anyway that's had all sorts of negative results in other worlds.. but I digress. If Veni had allowed such a thing, I was thinking it would be possible for Jacob to imbue one of those with his own blood and necro-energies to feed with. Would also be useful for Rosemary and Veni if you had to be away on a trip or something, Jacob.”

Jacob was taken aback.

“This is the first I've heard of such a thing, must be extremely new. And I'm willing to wager expensive.”

Githar nodded in agreement.  

GamingLord
Vice Captain

BlackMN

Captain

Dapper Animal

16,525 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Team Edward 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:04 am
"You make it sound like you mean for someone like me and not just Master Veni and Rosemary. I don't think the problem with us and sharing is necessarily someone else tasting the blood... I think it's a little more complicated than that. I think we loath the idea of someone else using their power, such as hypnotism or seduction, on their person and also the thought of someone else sticking their fangs in their skin... and other things we may do while feeding. So I think they'd prefer that over someone else biting him. There are some people who do go from vampire to vampire, but in general a person usually is with one or two if the vampires are close. Also many vampires, myself included, tend to take care of our blood partners in different ways by doing our best to protect them from harm, helping them get a job if they need it, supporting them if they're in trouble, making sure their families don't want for anything should they die suddenly, allow them to stay with us some nights if they want, and some of us may be willing to be their lover if they so desire. If another vampire bites them without mine or their willing consent, it is seen as a challenge.

"I think what you think of when you talk about our possessiveness is the incident where Rosemary got angry when Daphne was feeding off of Galantros. Indeed she didn't like the idea of someone feeding off of Galantros, however he has the right to allow someone else to if he wants. What truly infuriated Rosemary, according to her, was that he had offered his wrist to Daphne, she asked for his neck, and he was just going to give it to her. For some time Galantros knew that Rosemary would prefer to feed off his neck, but he would only offer his wrist. Rosemary didn't blatantly ask for it because several of us in our family consider it rude to ask for a different spot than what is offered when we're about to feed on someone...You can ask for it next time or say that you prefer somewhere else afterwards, but once it's offered you take it. So what infuriated her was that he was going to let someone else so easily have his neck when she had been patient."  
Role Playing Section (Create Roleplays and RP in here!)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games