Rubai Sora

Heart Hunter

53,825 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:34 pm
User Image

In terms of clothing, I would have to say my skirts. They have such nice patters to it and we only had to do minimal modifying.

But my best finds happen to be some of my bags. I found two different bear backpacks in two different stores. I also found a huge backpack that is in the style of a dog's head. My mom found a lion backpack I love to use. The last bag was really by pure chance. We were visiting another city and found a Salvation Army. I just happen to find one of those bags used to transport a Nintendo 64. It was my favorite pocketbook for the longest time.

Post style by PhallenPixie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:01 pm
My favorite thrift store find has to be the ruby red,100% silk dress with matching jacket for $8. In my size. It was a miracle, I swear.

One of the best things I've found, otherwise, was a bentwood plant hanger for $3.99. I re-sold it online for $40.  

II-Inkubus-II

Unstoppable Hunter

14,775 Points
  • Married 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Elocutionist 200

CandiedSteel

Heroic Senshi

10,950 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Hero 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:31 am
During my childhood, Wal-mart was like the expensive mall to me, so thrift stores were ultimately my only shopping options growing up. ^^'
I still have this one tank top that has ROCK in gold with some round gold studs around it (just painted gold, not real gold ^^'), across the chest, for $.50 at GoodWill. x3
I got this in middle school, and sadly I haven't gotten much taller since then, so it still barely fits. xD
A few years ago, I also got a chain mesh choker for ¥105 ($1.50ish), and I still wear it. x3
I also got this really cute bag not too long ago, the brand is Rune, Japanese I believe, for ¥3000(about $40-45), turns out its original price was ¥12900(about $150-160)! O.O
I thought I was going to regret buying it. xD
But lately, thrift stores are getting to know the actual prices of many many brands, so it's hard to find good deals on brand names, even not-so-famous names. T-T
I guess that's how treasure-hunting goes though. xD

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:11 am
Hm, well haven't shopped for much clothing lately... however I bought one of those white "pimp" jackets for my friend Lydia that was only $6 (:
She loved it!

I bought really nice Antique Porcelain dolls for my nieces for Christmas (:
I know it's not clothing but I wanted to include it.... sweatdrop  

Silver Koneko

Desirable Citizen

8,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Generous 100
  • Citizen 200

Marnomy

Pure-hearted Pumpkin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:57 pm
Just a couple days ago, I bought a cute pair of boots at Goodwill for $13.
They look practically new, but then I found out that the zipper on one of the shoes was busted ...
Thankfully, my boyfriend's dad knows a shoe repair place~! We dropped off some shoes there.
I'll be getting 'em back next Saturday, so I'll be posting a picture of 'em then. ♥

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:02 pm
OMG this video is hilarious! Be warned it contains adult language.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QK8mJJJvaes  

Isis Sister Of Osiris

Lonely Girl

15,250 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Cash Grabber 500

ChiffaniChan

Aged Gaian

8,125 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:42 am
Where I live there isn't any good thrift stores or goodwills, so I don't shop there much. I do like to, but I have a tricky body type so shopping anywhere is crazy. However, I do love to save money.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:47 pm
THese really awsome 50s pom tree pants. biggrin heart  

icecream-dreams

icecream-dreams

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:51 pm
whee biggrin biggrin whee  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:58 pm
The only Goodwill that used to be around here sold nothing but toys and books (and closed years ago). Salvation Army has nothing, but it is a small town that it is in, so it should be expected.  

Serah of Silence

Shy Guildswoman

7,700 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Full closet 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Hazelaar

Barton Pirate

17,500 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:15 pm
I'm not in Goodwill often, and if I am it's usually to go through cds. But last weekend I popped in with my mom to track down a white button-up shirt I need for an upcoming cosplay, and we came out with a lot more things. xd

My mom was surprised at the quality of some of the coats they had; one was even cashmere! (but not our sizes, unfortunately) I found this neat, odd coat that's this white, lace-edged, victorian-esque thing. I got it because it was just do different, it was only $10 and I figured if I ever did anything steampunk it would be perfect.

I also got a nice tan knit cardigan, a belt, and this awesome, bold red patterned button-up.

It's neat, the things you can sometimes find.  
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 10:43 pm
I got a really nice corset dress for $8 and it fits me perfectly. It was one of the cheapest dresses I've gotten and it's black so it can match my sparkling black heels c:  

Mallori_Cantare

Gem

Brianna_RoxyXoxo

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:00 pm
I found a nice pair of yoga pants. I was surprised that i found them. They were cute looking smile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:52 pm
I wish there were thrift stores over here , they sound like fashion haven !  

chierisuu

Isis Sister Of Osiris

Lonely Girl

15,250 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Cash Grabber 500
PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:55 pm
chierisuu
I wish there were thrift stores over here , they sound like fashion haven !

Where do you live?  
04. ✿ - - - Fashion And Clothes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces