Welcome to Gaia! ::

( guildy)╬[The Empire of Gaia]╬

Back to Guilds

█▓░ FREE GOLDS GIVING ░▓█ Win Million of Gold & Cash 

Tags: Linkin Park,Twilight, Free Golds,Friends Girls boys,Love,Games, Avatars,Items,Shop,Market,Music,Sport, Poll,Bump,Guildy,Naruto, Zomg,Art,Writing,Arena 

Reply [70]A.O.T.M. (OPEN!)
♥ Artist Of The Month! [Introduction] ♥ Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are you excited?! <3
  Of course! I've been waiting! :D
  I guess, quite interesting :3
  Uhh, not much, but thanks for the work :]
View Results

Vampiress Amaia

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:28 pm
Question: What if we draw something by like... pencil and paper, then go over it with digital media, like gimp? Would that be digital? Or Traditional? Or neither?  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:49 pm
Vampiress Amaia
I might try heart

It would be lovely ^_^  

Crew Draggy
Crew

Desirable Sex Symbol

8,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200

Nick_austin90

Valiant Gaian

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:14 pm
Vampiress Amaia
Question: What if we draw something by like... pencil and paper, then go over it with digital media, like gimp? Would that be digital? Or Traditional? Or neither?
I would say still under traditional since it is hand made on paper and scanned to be cleaned in gimp. Really, I don't know what a gimp is. But from the little research I did about a few seconds ago that was what I understood.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:21 pm
Nick_austin90
Vampiress Amaia
I would say still under traditional since it is hand made on paper and scanned to be cleaned in gimp. Really, I don't know what a gimp is. But from the little research I did about a few seconds ago that was what I understood.

Well when I use gimp I trace it (slowly with a line tool), then color it in. Its a basic photoshop, really.  

Vampiress Amaia

Nick_austin90

Valiant Gaian

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:58 pm
Vampiress Amaia
Nick_austin90
Vampiress Amaia

Well when I use gimp I trace it (slowly with a line tool), then color it in. Its a basic photoshop, really.

I'll ask my friend about it later.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:34 am
This sounds very interesting, I have never done such thing as art on Gaiaonline before, only alot of pixel art and hand-drawn drawings when i grew up. But there is one thing I was thinking about, since I am new to the art world of Gaia don't judge me causing i don't know what it is, but. What is traditional art? Is that hand-drawn drawings on paper, or? Because I was really thinking of doing my own avatar, and if you look away from pixel art I really suck in the digital ones.. sweatdrop  

Rakov

Gallant Citizen

12,925 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

FallnFeather

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:54 pm
.... Er-her-herm.
" Nicholas _Austin90 does not have you in their Friend List and has PMs set to Friends Only.. "
So Imma be awkward and friend you?
That didn't work either. What should I do?  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:42 pm
analon
I would say yes. Traditional art ot me is hand drawn on paper, then scanned and sort of fixed on the computer or not at all.
Digital art is like anime-style art. Or art made using computer programs such as MS Paint, Photoshop or Paint Tool Sai. Just some examples of programs.

FallnFeather
So sorry about that. it's been fixed. Sorry.  

Nick_austin90

Valiant Gaian

Retro_M0nk33

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:21 pm
i sent you mine. I don't know if i'm aloud to post it in this thread so i just PM'd it to you.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:50 pm
I checked all the PMs. You guys draw lovely! I'm very impressed.
There is a certain drawing carved in my mind. I absolutely love it!  

Crew Draggy
Crew

Desirable Sex Symbol

8,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
[70]A.O.T.M. (OPEN!)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash