Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "RPC" *Roleplay Central*
Gorillaz-styled Band RP? [NO MORE OPINIONS!!] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

LizzieTheRose

Beloved Kitten

11,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:55 pm
ZimbuTessen
Angel in my Dreams
ZimbuTessen
Angel in my Dreams
I personally like Sindrumé best cause it kinda matches Gorillaz in the way of using different letters and pronouncing it like the correctly spelled version of the word.

Speaking of cosplay, 2-D and Noodle are on my cosplay list now, lol.

I personally might take on a second role as either the Insane Ex or Mr. Vendetta (who I would hope the taker of this role make the stupidest reason in the world as to WHY he hates one band member or the whole band).

I like the sound and spelling of it. However, it's ironic to use, considering Gorillaz philosophy was we[the masses] were SUFFERING from the Media desease, a False Idol Syndrome, and they hoped to cure it with music that isn't total garbage written by money obsessed Suit jockeys, but written by the Band itself because it MEANS something to them.

Heh heh, well, since you bring that up, I got an excellent idea to make this roleplay even more interesting and, if chosen, explain the band name.

If we chose Sindrumé, then we can set the roleplay years after the Gorillaz have either split up for good or died. The media is slowly corrupting the world with its False Icons, but five brave souls step up to continue what Gorillaz were doing, to rid the world of these sick bastards. They wanted to create a new Syndrome, the ******** Symdrome or Reality Rose Syndrome for short, lol. They called themselves Sindrumé because of this new, more life savior than killer "disease" they wanted to "infect" the world with.

Which is why I voted for the name.
Knew you'd come up with somethin' snazzy.

If I may, I'd like to request two parts of the profile skelly to include:
Genre: [such as Noodle's Electronic Rock and Russles Hip Hop]
and Intrests: [to name our musical intrests that dont suck, Beatles, etc]

Cause I'm a genius, right? emotion_awesome

emotion_0A0 Beatles do not suck. emotion_8c But I had been thinking of the skeleton anyways, so I'm up to any suggestions of information to include and format ideas.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:59 pm
Angel in my Dreams
ZimbuTessen
Angel in my Dreams
ZimbuTessen
Angel in my Dreams
I personally like Sindrumé best cause it kinda matches Gorillaz in the way of using different letters and pronouncing it like the correctly spelled version of the word.

I personally might take on a second role as either the Insane Ex or Mr. Vendetta (who I would hope the taker of this role make the stupidest reason in the world as to WHY he hates one band member or the whole band).

I like the sound and spelling of it. However, it's ironic to use, considering Gorillaz philosophy was we[the masses] were SUFFERING from the Media desease, a False Idol Syndrome, and they hoped to cure it with music that isn't total garbage written by money obsessed Suit jockeys, but written by the Band itself because it MEANS something to them.

Heh heh, well, since you bring that up, I got an excellent idea to make this roleplay even more interesting and, if chosen, explain the band name.

If we chose Sindrumé, then we can set the roleplay years after the Gorillaz have either split up for good or died. The media is slowly corrupting the world with its False Icons, but five brave souls step up to continue what Gorillaz were doing, to rid the world of these sick bastards. They wanted to create a new Syndrome, the ******** Symdrome or Reality Rose Syndrome for short, lol. They called themselves Sindrumé because of this new, more life savior than killer "disease" they wanted to "infect" the world with.

emotion_0A0 Beatles do not suck. emotion_8c But I had been thinking of the skeleton anyways, so I'm up to any suggestions of information to include and format ideas.

Those are my ideas, maybe "Personal instrument" for the TYPE we use, specific models, etc.

Missworded, Beatles was meant to be in a list of NOT sucky music.  

ZimbuTessen

Aged Entrepreneur

7,800 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Signature Look 250

LizzieTheRose

Beloved Kitten

11,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:00 pm
ZimbuTessen
Angel in my Dreams
ZimbuTessen
Angel in my Dreams
ZimbuTessen
Angel in my Dreams

Those are my ideas, maybe "Personal instrument" for the TYPE we use, specific models, etc.

So for the Vocalist (me), what the hell would I put there? xD  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:03 pm
ZimbuTessen
Lady Lagomorph
Eh, it's not bad (my second favorite), but the Junkyard Ozone sounds like something I'd expect as a song or album title from the Gorillaz... it kinda reminded me of O Green World, so I went with it, ^-^

And if all goes smoothly above, with Zelly as keyboard and Zimbu as Bass, I'd like to claim drummer

I'm kind of surprised that none of us are jumping on lead guitar, haha.

Eh, I perfer the funk of the bass. Most people perfer the "BROWW BURDERMP" sound of a bass[like Disturbed, Rammstein and such], but I tend to lean towards the "BOCKA CHICKA" sound.
I can't say I'm partial to any form of bass, since it depends so much on the song. =) I didn't want to go for it this time because I have an rp character who does play a bass guitar, but I'm not using him in here.

To throw my two cents out there, I like Reality Rose Syndrome, too. I wouldn't be upset if it changed to that.

Lady Lagomorph

Wheezing Bunny

25,075 Points
  • Very Thankful 25
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Are You Jelly? 500

ZimbuTessen

Aged Entrepreneur

7,800 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:03 pm
Angel in my Dreams
ZimbuTessen
Angel in my Dreams
ZimbuTessen
Angel in my Dreams

So for the Vocalist (me), what the hell would I put there? xD

ther are different brands of Mics. XD Maybe a design? wings on the side, a megaphone, Etc. XD

Also, your reason for the band name makes me think of NBS.

No matter the name, Sydrume or Junkyard Ozone, I'm happy to be in this band.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:08 pm
HOW ABOUT THIS!? We go with Reality Rose Syndrome since it's the short version of the "disease" name. Shorten it to Reality Rose. Change one or two letters to a letter that can still be pronounced like the original. Then, it'll satisfy everyone!!  

LizzieTheRose

Beloved Kitten

11,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100

LizzieTheRose

Beloved Kitten

11,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:13 pm
I got two ideas, but one is probably more favorable (it's my preferred spelling personally), but I'm putting both out for discussion.

Realéty Rowzé
Realéty Rosé (my perferred one)

I have a sick obsession with 'é' apparently... Curse, you, Spanish I!  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:17 pm
Hmmm.... *plays with letters and other keyboard symbols*

Re@lity R@se perhaps? @ being all internet-y and a callback to the media saturation and all the crummy crud of society?

or if you want to stick with pure letter swapping:

Realite (hard, drawn out 'e' sound) Roze (simple s/z sound-alike swap)
Rialite (ia as opposed to ea) Rohse (using words that are purely the drawn out 'o' sound)
Ryaliti (ya as opposed to ea which again, same sound; also trading the 'y' with an 'i' like you would with Japanese Romanji) Rowes (take out the 'e' and slap an R at the beginning of 'owes', like 'he owes me money')

Spellings can be shuffled and mixed as desired.  

Zelly-fangirl

Enduring Heckler

10,350 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150

ZimbuTessen

Aged Entrepreneur

7,800 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:26 pm
RIKUSI calls lead guitar if not already taken.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:26 pm
I was gonna have it "Roze" in "Realéty Rowze", but thought you'd say it didn't look right like with Sindrumé, so I added a 'w'.

Hmm... Let me try to combine a couple of your ideas with my favorite outta my ideas...

Re@léty Rowez?  

LizzieTheRose

Beloved Kitten

11,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100

Minnta Aloripma

Dangerous Storyteller

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:28 pm
No roles I like left.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:34 pm
Minnta Aloripma
No roles I like left.

I can make a sixth band member (just tell me the instrument you want) or you can make some crazy character that is somehow involved with the band.  

LizzieTheRose

Beloved Kitten

11,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100

LizzieTheRose

Beloved Kitten

11,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:36 pm
Minnta Aloripma
No roles I like left.

I can make a sixth band member (just tell me the instrument you want) or you can make some crazy character that is somehow involved with the band.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:39 pm
I think I kinda like combining a couple of the ideas to Re@lity Rowez.

I like Rowez out of all the Rose spellings. It reminds me of a name or spelling I'd see in graffiti.

Lady Lagomorph

Wheezing Bunny

25,075 Points
  • Very Thankful 25
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Are You Jelly? 500

Minnta Aloripma

Dangerous Storyteller

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:40 pm
Angel in my Dreams
Minnta Aloripma
No roles I like left.

I don't really know of what other instruments would be in a band. As for other characters... Only other thing I can think of is either a rival or ex-band member.  
"RPC" *Roleplay Central*

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff