Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Clubs (Looking for Clubs!)
Dueling Club ~ [[Open 2059-2060]] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 40 41 42 43 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Xistund

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:45 pm
User Image
Darius Silver
ᗡɐɹıns Sılʌǝɹ

Second YearSlytherinBeaterHalf-Blood

User Image
₯arius saw Chase and stiffened and rubbed his neck again. He had punched his brother again and then promise Sun to hit the older brother with a bludger. Darius intended to keep the his promise to surpass Sun this way but he had nothing ageist the older chaser truth be told he admired him. He wondered how good the older boy would be in a duel, could he judge how fast Chase was by seeing him duel. Darius started to spin his wand between his fingers thinking.
User Image

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:58 pm
I'll SEEK you OUT
FLAY you ALIVE
One more WORD and you won't SURVIVE
And I'M not SCARED
Of your STOLEN POWER
I SEE right through you any HOUR
I'm TAKING it SLOW
FEEDING my FLAME
Shuffling the CARDS of your GAME
And JUST in TIME
In the RIGHT PLACE
Suddenly I will PLAY my ACE

MARINA EUGENIE ALDRED
PROUD HALFBLOOD
SLYTHERIN THIRD YEAR
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I won't soothe your pain: Neutral | I won't ease your strain: Wow, there's a lot of people here now...| You'll be waiting in vain: Duelists | I got nothing for you to gain: Dueling Club |
Wearing

Marina blushed at the compliment, glancing down at her bright blue nails. "Thanks." She was distracted by the students filtering into the courtyard, surprised by the amount of people who'd shown up. They'd never had this many at one meeting before. Her brown eyes scanned over the crowd, landing on each of them in turn. There was Heather, looking unsure of herself, but apparently being given a famous Storm Talk. That was what the third year mentally called the pep talks Ronyo was apt to giving to those in need of them. There was two first years: a cheery Gryffindor who looked eager to begin, and a calm and collected Slytherin leaning against a wall. Then of course there were the more familiar faces: the Ravenclaw Chase, with his distinctive long black hair and usually with a serious expression, Michelle people watching from the sidelines, bare feet and white hair, and that second year Darius, the one who always looked ready for a fight, twirling his wand, looking lost in his own thoughts.

Prejudice is stubborn and ignorance is hard.

EYES on FIRE
Your SPINE is ABLAZE
Felling any FOE with my GAZE
And JUST in TIME
In the RIGHT PLACE
STEADILY emerging with GRACE
Ahh, felling any FOE with my GAZE
Ahh, STEADILY emerging with GRACE
Ahh, felling any FOE with my GAZE
Ahh, STEADILY emerging with GRACE

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:13 pm
So you wanna call me the devils' advocate
But you don't even know the half of it
I was raised to believe in miracles
My life is so cold
User Image
Annabelle Emery Rich
Sixth Year Seeker, Slytherin Prefect
╔════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄══════════════════╗

”Brilliant turn out for a first meeting,” Belle gleamed with a smile as her pale green eyes darted over each of the accumulating, most emblazoned the colors of their house, others were out of uniform, but she remembered each of them in turn. Humans, like habit, separated into herds and comfort, while some, wandered in solace on the outstretches, but never quite too far from it all. She blinked, realizing just how long her mind had wandered.

”Before dueling, the basics always need to be covered because you need a strong foundation to build anything in life. There are different stances to begin with depending on the type of duelist you are, some are taught by tradition and family, others are simply learned, but most tend to stand at a side stance to narrow themselves as a smaller target and hold their wands at the ready. “ She paused for a moment, brandishing her wand and swirling her leopard heels to demonstrate.

”In official duels, there are rules and limits, and, oft times, you’ll get a second, which is a wizard or witch who acts on your behalf should something happen to you during the duel. But we’ll get all into the rules and regulations soon enough, for now, target practice.” Belle grinned, manicured fingers gestured to the row of bulls eye targets lined up across the
field.

”We’re going to line up and pick a target, start simple, keep fires and blasts and explosions to a minimum if you can, afterwards, I’ll wrestle you in groups divided by your houses, one by one, to practice dueling until we’ve got everybody on the field.

“First years, I’d like to start with you lot while you’re doing target practice, so try and keep close together so I can see what spells you’ve learned thus far, and what else I might be able to show you before we start dueling today.”

Fashionably: AC/DC
Troubles: Patience

╚══════════════════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄════╝

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:29 pm

𝕯ominic 𝕸ontague
𝔖𝔩𝔶𝔱𝔥𝔢𝔯i𝔫 𝔓𝔲𝔯𝔢𝔟𝔩𝔬𝔬𝔡
Third Year, 𝔅eater
User Image

He could hear the bold voice of his cousin dominating the courtyard just beneath the clock tower as he approached and spotted her easily over the top of heads that were in attendance. He was quite surprised to see this many people here, after all, Belle never mentioned much about advertising for the club and that was something he was usually sucked into one way or another.

Dominic slid up along the sidelines closer to the forefront beside an unfamiliar blonde as Belle spoke; he glanced around and noticed his team captain was right beside him along with the silent but familiar Ravenclaw that he faced against on the quidditch field. Bright blue vivid eyes twirled back around and focused on the blonde he was right beside, her hair swirled gracefully around her shoulders and he couldn’t see past it to reveal any features of who she was. It wasn’t until those glittering teal eyes shifted in his direction did he finally realize just who he found himself standing next to. Heather, he mentally gasped and choked, but he did stiffen, nearly frozen in his spot until he found the will to shove clammy hands in his pockets. And his stomach, it twirled, bounced and burst to life with butterflies, but he fidgeted, and brushed it off as just being hungry.

╔═══════════════════╗
Height: 5’7” ☣ Weight: 159lbs ☣ Age: 13
Dueling Club
Standing beside Heather and Ronyo

╚═══════════════════╝

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:27 pm
David Clarisse
Gryffindor
First Year

User ImageUser ImageLocation: Dueling club

David smiled when he heard Pete’s voice. “Hey sure did glad to see you made it.” He said. It looked like him and Pete were the only first years there so it would be fun to meet some new older students. David looked up as Belle started their first meeting for the dueling club. He was so ready for this just like Quidditch try outs he was going to try really hard and have fun.

“Looks like, we’re the only first years.” David pointed out. “So shall we show what we got?” he said rushing over to a target. Getting into a stance much like Belle showed them he went for one of his favourite spells. “Creo Igniculus!” he shouted firing green sparks from his wand at the target. It was what she would probably classify as none of the things she said not to use.

With: Dueling pals

List of Knowledge: Progress

OOC: ---
User Image

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:53 pm
Quidditch is my life, but my knowledge is who I am.
User Image

William Cloud

Sixth YearHufflepuffChaser

⇳ ⇴ ⇵ ⇶ ⇷ ⇸ ⇹ ⇺ ⇻ ⇼ ⇽ ⇾ ⇿

Will couldn't believe he was doing this, but he always did have a fancy for dueling, no matter how much he openly voiced the opposite opinion. So, he walked in, knowing his girlfriend would probably find it surprising, but it would be an interesting turn. Besides, he wanted to spend a little more time with her and he needed to learn because he was probably going to end up being her practice dummy. He knew how to duel. He actually dueled Belle before and it ended okay, but she won.

He was ready to learn anyway. So, he walked into the room and sat down as Belle made a speech. He smiled at her if she looked at him.

Some are born great, some achieve great, but some...have greatness thrust upon them.

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Bug430

Desirable Millionaire

8,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500

Sky0814

6,450 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:16 pm
User Image
Peter Klein

First Year-Slytherin-Single-Half Blood

"Yeah I thought I'd be the only first year. Quidditch tryouts and this club will make Hogwarts worth staying at." The first years were commanded to practice on targets. Peter didn't know any dueling spells. He tried to pay attention to David and felt a sea of amazement upon himself. The color of the spell and the execution excited Pete. He wanted to become a great wizard. As of now he didn't know which art he'd take up with full devotion. Potions is of course his first choice, but whether it be quidditch or dueling was yet to be decided. "Miss please teach me a spell to fire at the targets."

OCC: (None)

User ImageUser Image
User Image  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:22 pm
With a thousand lies

Tell me all your plans and I'll laugh back in your face

And a good disguise

Preach me your religion if you're dumb enough to pray

Hit ‘em right between the eyes

Look what I became, honey

§ ··¤(` ×[¤ i¢h ¢αʇiא ¤]× ´)¤·· §

Wearing

ஆ৳»§lytherinஆ৳»קurebloodஆ৳»Ŧhird Yearஆ৳»

User Image User Image
Michelle pushed off from the wall and moved closer as Belle began to talk. She frowned when no fire spells rule was brought up. It lessened the fun for her, seeing as fire spells were her best spells. She watched the first years with a small smirk, watching one cast off a spell, while the other, a Slytherin, stood silently and then asked to be taught a spell. She blinked her eyes quietly and said nothing, instead shifting her attention to the other people around the courtyard.
User Image
OOC:...

When you walk away

What is it I'm after

Nothing more to say

Searching for disaster

See the lightning in your eyes

Watching my whole life flash in front of my eyes

See ‘em running for their lives

Dressed up as a life

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:50 pm
So you wanna call me the devils' advocate
But you don't even know the half of it
I was raised to believe in miracles
My life is so cold
User Image
Annabelle Emery Rich
Sixth Year Seeker, Slytherin Prefect
╔════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄══════════════════╗

To say she was the least bit surprised to see her boyfriend attend was, at best, an understatement, she had nearly tripped over her words when she had set her sights on him, but, she doubted that anyone had noticed. Belle graced William with a welcoming grin before she ushered closer to the two first year boys who were in attendance so far. When the young boy said miss, she wanted to hit herself for being so silly—how could she have forgotten to introduce herself to them? ”Still learning the boring spells in Defense against the Dark Arts, huh?” Belle sympathized with a warm smile as she reached David and Peter. ”A problem we’ll soon fix, but, please, call me Belle.” She winked down at her fellow Slytherin as her pale green eyes shifted to David. ”That was brilliant; you have good aim, kid.

“Alright, you two, we’re going to begin with a classic spell for dueling, the disarming charm, Expelliarmus, which, typically will make your opponent drop whatever they’re holding, in some instances, if the charm is too weak, you might only knock them back a few paces or even just give them goosebumps, whereas other times, too much force can knock your opponent unconscious.

“It’s simple, point at your target, visualize the outcome, and repeat the incantation after me, and be careful, people tend to set their sleeves on fire if they mispronounce it... ready?

Ex-PELL-ee-ARE-muss,
Belle decreed as she pointed her wand to an open target and a red jet of light beamed ahead and knocked the target down on its side. But every target was charmed to jump right back up into position if they fell over.

Fashionably: AC/DC
Troubles: Surprise

╚══════════════════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄════╝

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:11 pm
David Clarisse
Gryffindor
First Year

User ImageUser ImageLocation: Dueling club

David shook his head at Pete. "No way I sure wouldn't let you be the only one." he told him happily. Once Belle came over she seemed rather nice and she sure made David feel better at aiming then he probably was. Then again he'd always been good at paying attention to detail to bad it didn't transpire into other things he did in class. "Yeah we sure are, I'm David." he said with a smile. "Thanks I'm sure there is room for improvement." he replied accepting the compliment and holding onto it.

"Wow that's a wicked spell." David replied in amazement. He for sure planned on trying that one. "Expelliarmus!" he shouted aiming the same way he did before using his first spell. With no mispronunciation and almost perfect aim he hit it easily. "That's cool..." he said shocked with himself. He didn't give himself a lot of credit.

With: Dueling pals... Pete, Belle

List of Knowledge: Progress

OOC: ---
User Image

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

BeaterBeast525

Timid Werewolf

5,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:46 pm
User Image
ℋeather ℋawthorn

ℋufflepuff ℭaptain and ℬeater
ℱourth ϒear ℋalf~ℬlood

Heather and Dhylan
Sehza
User Image
ℋeather heard the voice of Belle, and turned her attention to the older blonde for instructions. Blasting targets seemed easy enough in theory, but keeping fires to a minimum might be difficult. Most of her favorite spells involved a bit of fire here and there. Oh well. She'd try her best to follow the rules. Suddenly, she felt a presence beside her, and turned to see a familiar face. "Oh, hey Dominic. I had a hunch that you'd be in this club as well." she said, standing up from her spot in the grass and brushing herself off before offering a miniscule smile in greeting. "So... ready to put the smack-down on some targets?" It was the best she could come up with to say. Her mind had not been quick to act in the past few days. Probably from the lack of sleep she was enduring. Looking up at the third year, she awaited a response, her hands shifting her cedar wand between her fingers.
User Image

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:33 pm

𝕯ominic 𝕸ontague
𝔖𝔩𝔶𝔱𝔥𝔢𝔯i𝔫 𝔓𝔲𝔯𝔢𝔟𝔩𝔬𝔬𝔡
Third Year, 𝔅eater
User Image

Dom, startled, had to resist every urge of jumping out of his skin to hear the familiar melody of the blonde beside him. He bit his tongue to keep from laughing hysterically, truly, frantic and at a loss of what to say. But why!? He had no idea why this always happened around her. Awkwardly, Dominic's arm stretched back as he scratched the back of his head and ruffled his raven hair.
"Yea, well, what can I say? I love the adrenaline," He admitted when she commented on his appearance at the club. Gods, I sound like a git, why did I say that? He mentally grimaced.

"Haha! Definitely," he agreed. Wait, what did she say? He mentally shook it off.

"But I'm real looking forward to getting to go against someone, its been too long since my last practice... Hey, save a duel for me tonight, will you? I'm looking forward to see how Hufflepuffs best beater fairs behind a wand." Dom flashed Heather a grin, but his ears flushed with the most subtle tint of red. He tried to hide it by facing her directly, he could just feel the heat rushing to his ears. Why did she do this to him?

Was it because he knew he could never have her? Even if he tried...

╔═══════════════════╗
Height: 5’7” ☣ Weight: 159lbs ☣ Age: 13
Dueling Club

╚═══════════════════╝

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

BeaterBeast525

Timid Werewolf

5,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:04 pm
User Image
ℋeather ℋawthorn

ℋufflepuff ℭaptain and ℬeater
ℱourth ϒear ℋalf~ℬlood

Heather and Dhylan?
Sehza
User Image
ℋeather blinked a few times, a bit confused. 'He sure is acting weird...' she thought. Was he always like this on the ground? On the Pitch he seemed to be a completely different person. She shrugged off the thought. "Adrenaline, huh? Can't get enough of that on the Pitch, now can ya?" She laughed lightly to herself, remembering all the times they had nearly killed each other in their matches. Ah, good times. "A duel? Definitely." she added, playfully mocking his own choice of words. "I don't know about that 'best Beater' bit, but thanks anyways. Mind you, I'm no pushover with a wand." His grin must be contagious, because she could feel one of her own slowly appearing. Though her outer appearance showed the confident girl she had grown to be over the years, on the inside was an incredibly nervous and even a bit frightened one. 'If anything, I hope I don't fall on my rear tonight. Looking like an idiot is not an option.'
User Image

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:43 pm
User Image
Peter Klein

First Year-Slytherin-Single-Half Blood

Belle was a nice innocent name. He cast away the idea that she had a pure heart nature, since she is a fellow member of Slytherin. "I'm Peter, but you can call me Pete, Belle. That spell sounds awesome!" He wished the defense against dark arts teacher hurried up to the spells that actually could help them against the dark arts. Peter pointed his wand at the target. He thought about the pronunciation. Believing he had the spell properly memorized, he shouted, "Expelliarmus!" A blast came from his wand and hit a target almost perfectly. It was a little to the right of the target, but it hit none the less. Pete couldn't wait to duel others. He wanted to see the experienced duelists first though.

OCC: (None)

User ImageUser Image
User Image  

Sky0814

6,450 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Bug430

Desirable Millionaire

8,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:43 pm
Quidditch is my life, but my knowledge is who I am.
User Image

William Cloud

Fifth YearHufflepuffChaser

Will watched as Belle taught the little ones. She was already getting used to that role. He smirked at that thought. He then looked around, to see if he knew anyone here. There was one he knew; yet, he did not talk to him in quite awhile. And that was Ronyo. He hasn't talked to him; well, since Colton, Phi, and Tristain left. Will missed them. The bunch certainly had created a friends circle in their time here, but unfortunately, good things did indeed have to end. Well, not all good things have to change, he thought to himself, looking to Belle. His bestfriend and his girlfriend. There was no luckier man at that school. What the two had was surprising to a point, but that was something to talk about on another day. He looked to Ronyo, approaching the silver-haired Head Boy.

"Hello Ronyo, haven't spoken to you for ages. I figured I should see how you were doing. How is everything?" he asked, making casual conversation. It wouldn't be moderately surprising if the kid ignored him, just due to the fact that it brings up memories of old times.

Some are born great, some achieve great, but some...have greatness thrust upon them.

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Clubs (Looking for Clubs!)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 40 41 42 43 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces