Friendly Pumpkin

8,975 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:32 pm
Rubai Sora
Labtech Abi
I actually really adore all incarnations of lolita. Honestly what i love about it is the modern twist on old fashion as well as the very flattering and feminine silhouettes. Literally ANYONE can look good in lolita style when accessorized properly! And I love that. Plus the layering and vivid patterns and themes make it soooo cool to customize. A girl can really come into her own style with lolita as a good vehicle!

User Image

Me too. But the ones I listed in my first post are my absolute favorite. The only problem with a few types is that it's a delicate balance between the theme and Lolita. But when it's done right, it's really nice.

Tell that to my mom.... I have to fight her on having an accurate skirt, but she says it would make me look even fatter than I already am. (I'm really overweight) But everyone says my outfits look nice.

But yeah.... I really got into designing clothes because of Lolita. The outfits I design are mostly J-Fashion, but it has a more Western feel then Eastern so it could be accepted more widely if I actually make my own clothing line.

Post style by PhallenPixie
Good luck with that! I actually really wanna go into fashion design but the industry is too scary for mee~!  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:45 pm
Labtech Abi
Good luck with that! I actually really wanna go into fashion design but the industry is too scary for mee~!

User Image

I might be able to make it. I wore my Qi Lolita for Halloween since I didn't even start my Chibitalia costume yet. I made it last year for a humanoid dragon. People kept asking me all day where I got it. I just say, "I made it. I designed it, picked out the material, and my mom and I put it together." They were impressed. The only problem is that I sometimes don't take criticism very well.

Rubai Sora

Heart Hunter

53,825 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Magical Girl 50

Labtech Abi

Friendly Pumpkin

8,975 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:54 pm
Rubai Sora
Labtech Abi

User Image

I might be able to make it. I wore my Qi Lolita for Halloween since I didn't even start my Chibitalia costume yet. I made it last year for a humanoid dragon. People kept asking me all day where I got it. I just say, "I made it. I designed it, picked out the material, and my mom and I put it together." They were impressed. The only problem is that I sometimes don't take criticism very well.

Eh. If you wanna get into the industry, you're gonna have to learn to take it. My concern about the industry is the job outlook x.x;;.

But yeah, do you have an etsy shop or something with commissions open? If people liked your work, I bet they'd totally hit you up! I would love to support you some time.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:12 pm
Labtech Abi
Eh. If you wanna get into the industry, you're gonna have to learn to take it. My concern about the industry is the job outlook x.x;;.

But yeah, do you have an etsy shop or something with commissions open? If people liked your work, I bet they'd totally hit you up! I would love to support you some time.

User Image

I plan to have a an etsy shop eventually. See, I'm still learning who to sew. My mom still does most of the sewing because our machine has been acting up lately. I'm not at the level I want to be before I sell my work.

One thing I could make and sell easily are horns. I made a two pairs of dragon horns to wear, one for me and one for my friend. It was a big hit. Another one of my friends wants me to make her antenna in a similar way I made the horns. She's planning on going as a Heartless Shadow.

Rubai Sora

Heart Hunter

53,825 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Magical Girl 50

Labtech Abi

Friendly Pumpkin

8,975 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:19 pm
Rubai Sora
Labtech Abi

User Image

I plan to have a an etsy shop eventually. See, I'm still learning who to sew. My mom still does most of the sewing because our machine has been acting up lately. I'm not at the level I want to be before I sell my work.

One thing I could make and sell easily are horns. I made a two pairs of dragon horns to wear, one for me and one for my friend. It was a big hit. Another one of my friends wants me to make her antenna in a similar way I made the horns. She's planning on going as a Heartless Shadow.

That's sweeeet! I love Heartless cosplays they're really cool! But yeah, you could always start with horns! What's the hurt in a little extra income. And it's totally understandable that you're still learning. I am myself. =w=; Good luck!  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:25 pm
Labtech Abi
That's sweeeet! I love Heartless cosplays they're really cool! But yeah, you could always start with horns! What's the hurt in a little extra income. And it's totally understandable that you're still learning. I am myself. =w=; Good luck!

User Image

Yup. I can't remember how we got to that idea, but I told her I would make the horns if she gets the headband.

Yup~ And it's really easy to make~ Here are the ones I made for myself. It's not really well balanced, but it didn't need to be because I wore a Lolita headband. The horns I made for my friend were so well balanced.

Dragon Horns

Rubai Sora

Heart Hunter

53,825 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Magical Girl 50

Labtech Abi

Friendly Pumpkin

8,975 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:26 pm
Rubai Sora
Labtech Abi

User Image

Yup. I can't remember how we got to that idea, but I told her I would make the horns if she gets the headband.

Yup~ And it's really easy to make~ Here are the ones I made for myself. It's not really well balanced, but it didn't need to be because I wore a Lolita headband. The horns I made for my friend were so well balanced.

Dragon Horns

That's really cute though! I wish I could sculpt! Also, I cosplay myself. I might need a pair of horns sometime :3  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:37 pm
Labtech Abi
That's really cute though! I wish I could sculpt! Also, I cosplay myself. I might need a pair of horns sometime :3

User Image

I'm pretty good at sculpting. The horns is actually made out of newspaper and masking tape that was paper mached. After it was dried, I spray painted it. The problem is that it takes time to balance it out. Not a lot of people have the time.

Rubai Sora

Heart Hunter

53,825 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Magical Girl 50

Labtech Abi

Friendly Pumpkin

8,975 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:45 pm
Rubai Sora
Labtech Abi

User Image

I'm pretty good at sculpting. The horns is actually made out of newspaper and masking tape that was paper mached. After it was dried, I spray painted it. The problem is that it takes time to balance it out. Not a lot of people have the time.

Yeahthat makes sense. Especially with the longer, bigger ones you need to make sure they sit okay without being too weighty.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:01 pm
Labtech Abi
Yeahthat makes sense. Especially with the longer, bigger ones you need to make sure they sit okay without being too weighty.

User Image

Yeah. I got lucky with mine because I already had planned to to wear a Lolita headband over it which would hold it in place. So it was alright to not be perfectly balanced. My friend's, on the other hand, had to be balanced perfectly.

Rubai Sora

Heart Hunter

53,825 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Magical Girl 50

Labtech Abi

Friendly Pumpkin

8,975 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:05 pm
Rubai Sora
Labtech Abi

User Image

Yeah. I got lucky with mine because I already had planned to to wear a Lolita headband over it which would hold it in place. So it was alright to not be perfectly balanced. My friend's, on the other hand, had to be balanced perfectly.

Indeed! Good to know you do good work, though :>  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:08 pm
Labtech Abi

User Image

Yup~ I sometimes show my outfit sketches to people and they love them. I have a few people looking forward to seeing my Cyber Lolita~

Rubai Sora

Heart Hunter

53,825 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Magical Girl 50

Labtech Abi

Friendly Pumpkin

8,975 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:09 pm
Rubai Sora
Labtech Abi

User Image

Yup~ I sometimes show my outfit sketches to people and they love them. I have a few people looking forward to seeing my Cyber Lolita~

That's an interesting Lolita incarnation! I'd wanna see that sometime, since I really don't know how that would look!  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:43 pm
Labtech Abi
That's an interesting Lolita incarnation! I'd wanna see that sometime, since I really don't know how that would look!

User Image

I've only seen it in person once. It's not a very popular style because it's a really hard balance of rave fashion and Lolita.

Rubai Sora

Heart Hunter

53,825 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Magical Girl 50

Hamano Nee-Sama

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:49 am

Oh MY , I love Lolita style a lot , I wanna wear them but its too expensive for me >.< I love Gothic , Wa , Hime , Kuro , Shiro Lolita style! emotion_bigheart

04. ✿ - - - Fashion And Clothes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff