Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Classrooms } ---------------- Classes/ Open Classes/ EXAMS ARE HERE
[FEILD CLASS] Demon Contracts 101 (Page 2!) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Azure Desiderium

Eloquent Lunatic

10,725 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:59 am
Nodding thoughtfully, the Nergal boil wrote that down as an extra note under the verbal section. It was helpful, after all, considering that with intent behind it, some of the promises he'd made might have turned themselves into contracts. Heh. A good thing they had to be so damnedly deliberate. Though he had to wonder just what would happen to those friends of his with demon contracts if someone like Rengath found them unfiled.

Likely nothing good.

Tilting head upwards at the shower of exams, he tried his utmost not to laugh as their professor restored order. Well all right then. Snagging himself one of the exams, he scrawled out answers to the best of his ability, setting notes aside. The lesson was fresh in his mind, so this couldn't be too hard, could it?

Sharra's Test
I swear that I am answering these questions to the best of my knowledge and that I did not cheat what so ever: Sharra Eldwaithe

1- Who can make a demon contract?
Demons. And a willing contractee from whom FEAR can be gleaned.
2- In the past, what did humans often ask for and offer in exchange?
Power, Monetary gain, sometimes acts such as the killing of another. - Souls, their offspring.
3- Name three ways a contract will include a demon mark.
Verbal, written, written contracts formed with illiterate contractees
4- How stupid are humans?
Intensely, dangerously stupid.
5- When making a contract what is most important?
That the terms are clear
6- List 3 types of contracts.
Written, Verbal, Informal
7- Where do you go in Amityville to make contracts?
You file them at the school office.
8- True or False:
Likely True. I'm a demon after all.
9- What problem did early demons encounter when making demon marks?
Having their contractees killed off by superstitious humans.
10- True or False: False. I was not offered anything in return, and it was not stated or implied that this was a contract. Signing my name is merely an agreement indicating that, upon my honor, I will try to answer my exam questions in an honest and cheat-free fashion.

Sighing heavily, brows already knotted together, as that was far more recall than the blond boil was usually good for, he then flipped the exam over and stared at it for a long moment. Make a contract, huh?

Quote:
Contract of the Not-Real Variety

Positive:
I, Sharra Eldwaithe, do hereby agree to keep my contractee's room clean for the next week, starting tomorrow and ending seven days hence, in exchange for the contractee providing delicious chocolate cookies and cider at precisely 8 PM every evening of that same week. Signing below indicates that both parties agree to the terms of this contract. Failure to uphold the terms of this contract will result in the slighted party being given permission to tickle the other to near-death.

X____________
X____________

Negative:
I, Sharra Eldwaithe, do agree to keep my contractee's room clean henceforth in exchange for services of food and beverage.

X____________
X____________

All right. It was silly. But plausible.

If his contractee was nine or ten years old maybe.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:40 pm
Sophie had been scribbling down notes during the whole class; something she was grateful for when the exam was revealed. She shifted in her seat, placing an arm to the side of her paper to make sure no one would be able to copy her.

I swear that I am answering these questions to the best of my knowledge and that I did not cheat what so ever: Sophie Van Rotte

1- Who can make a demon contract? Technically speaking, anyone. But only contracts made by demons will hold up in court.
2- In the past, what did humans often ask for and offer in exchange? Often, they asked for things involved with pride or greed - power, monetary gain and sometimes even the death of someone who wronged them (which might lead to the first two options). In exchange they would offer their souls or perhaps even their children.
3- Name three ways a contract will include a demon mark. Verbal, written and informal; if the human is illiterate.
4- How stupid are humans? Insanely and dangerously. You should always count on the stupidity of humans.
5- When making a contract what is most important? Clear, concise terms.
6- List 3 types of contracts. Written, verbal and informal.
7- Where do you go in Amityville to make contracts? School office.
8- True or False: You will make at least one contract in your life. Perhaps if I was a demon I might. However, I can't see myself making one..
Their humans were killed by other humans under suspicion of witchcraft and devil worshiping. For this reason, demon marks became more subtle - like a scar or a birth mark.
10- True or False: This exam is a contract. State Why. False. While I did sign my name, there were no terms listed. I did not make an offer - and nor did you, for that matter. I was not signing my name to a contract, I was merely labeling my exam for your convenience.

When the ghoul had finished answering the questions, she turned the piece of paper over and began to ponder what the worst and best terms of a contract would be. Nothing came to mind at first and the ghoul felt a little silly. She wouldn't really have any need for a demon contract; would she? Still, the ghoul had no choice but to answer the question and so she got to writing.

Type of contract: Written. I have a tendency to not do well with verbal communication; especially when first meeting someone. At least if I write the contract I'll be able to be as clear and concise as needed.
Best terms: Contractee must give Sophie one item - be it physical or spiritual - of her choosing without questions or hesitation. This item may come in the form of a small trinket or something much, much more precious.
Worst terms: The undead ghoul, Sophie Van Rotte, must never design, sketch, doodle or draw any piece of clothing ever again. She is not permitted to touch her sewing machine, any piece of fabric that isn't already made into clothing or even her knitting needles. She may not hand stitch, cross stitch, crochet or weave.

Happy with her answers - though a little iffy about the contract - the ghoul stood up from her chair and made her way to the front to hand her paper back in. Returning to her seat after, the ghoul rested her chin on the palm of her hand and waited for the results.

LOLTERNATIVE

Super Trash

Meegane
Crew

Shoujo Dreamer

24,465 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Nerd 50
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:49 pm
EXAM?!

He didn't expect to take an exam in this lesson, luckily his brother was trying to be a good student and jotted down notes. Open book one won't be so difficult, AJ hoped. He started to scan through the questions and wrote down his answers.

I swear that I am answering these questions to the best of my knowledge and that I did not cheat what so ever: Ajax Serpico

Anyone. However, for the "TRUE" demon contract that holds in court, as the name suggested, only the demonis race can do. As humans are dumb to distinguish races of halloweener, any of us can make a contract with them. However, it will lack of three key things: ability to create a demon mark, not getting paid for the FEAR generated and no holding in court. They are mimicked, for generating FEAR.

Human asked for mainly money, power and freedom and sometimes even someone's life. In return, they were willing to sacrifice their souls or chilidrens, depends on what they asked for. The two must be in equal measure.

1) Contractor must be a demon as demon mark uses demon's FEAR to work.
2) It's a formal written or verbal contract
3) For humans who couldn't read or write as a physical reminder of the deal.

Bluntly stupid. They are dumb. They are fool. For instance, they stupidly can't distinguish our races from the demon. When they see us, they will just yell at us "Monster!". Moreover, they make so-called one party contract. Jacking! They are passive and the stupid humans will receive nothing, just volunteerly giving FEAR for us to harvest! That's how stupid they are.

Be balance. What you ask for should be in equal value of what you offer. Shortly, an equivalent exchange. After all, contracts are generally used to generate FEAR.

1) False contract. A term for a contract that is made where a demon will purposely come out with the short end of the stick if you will. It makes the human thing they are smarter than us.These types of contracts take a long time, but the payoff is usually high.

2) One party contract. Which is initiated by a human on their own. The human’s own mind generates the fear without the demon ever being present.

3) Verbal contract. The terms are usually vague, and they’re often just sealed with a demon mark. The contracts often are used to bind service, and to enact a way of owing favors. The contracts often are used to bind service, and to enact a way of owing favors.

Even though we are not advised to make contracts, we can do it under supervision. We take proper paperwork from the school office, fill that and then wait for the school office to approve it.

8- True or False: You will make at least one contract in your life.
Well, I am not sure either. Contract is made based on my needs. I am not a prophet, I can't tell what I need in the future in advance. Therefore, I MIGHT make one or more contract in my life, I might not.

Stupid humans again. Earlier, demon marks were easily distinguished that the humans who saw contractees with them got scared and killed the contractees. This caused a waste as they might be able to supply more FEAR. Thus, later on, the demon marks were made more subtle and discreet, e.g. scars or birthmarks.

10- True or False: This exam is a contract. State Why.
False. Although Professor you are a demon, you didn't offer anything to me, at least I am not pronounced there was a deal.

When he finished, he flipped the paper over. Now, the difficult part, what contract he would make? He didn't seem needing anything right now.......

Written Contract

Best possible terms:
I, Ajax Serpico, hereby agree to offer companionship to my contractee for the next week, starting from the day after the this contract is signed, from 10am to 10pm each day. Contractee should agree not to ask for things that would lead to heavy injuries or dissipation of mine. In return of my service, contractee agree to bake a dish of tasty cookies for my second head when asked, one time a day. By signing on this, both parties will agree on the above terms and proclaim their intent to follow the terms. The party that failed to uphold this until the deadline after signing will result in being one week's slave of another party as collateral.

X_______________________________________

Worst possible terms:
I, Ajax Serpico, hereby agree to offer companionship to the contractee, in exchange for food.

AJ looked again the worst term part, there were no deadline, terms were vague and not a set time for the null of contract. Compared to the best possible terms, the deal seemed quite reasonable and everything was clear.It should work?  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:30 pm
Millie retrieved her exam from the top of her head where it had fallen and looked at the exam in front of her. She was still a little fuzzy on the lecture, but she had taken notes the best she could. She didn't have the best memory, but all her notes were just taken.
The first few questions were easy, but Millie had not thought to take notes on exactly "how stupid humans are".
She scribbled down her best guess and thankfully the rest of the questions were pretty straightforward.

I swear that I am answering these questions to the best of my knowledge and that I did not cheat what so ever: Millie

Any Haloweener who generates FEAR
Money, power, and freedom. Souls or offspring were exchanged in return.
Illiterate parties involved, written and the terms are balanced
Very stupid.
The terms are clear.
Written, Verbal and False Contract
The school office.
I don't think I'd have a need for a contract at this point in my life, but you never know when it might be useful. I am just as likely to say true as I am to say false. A contract may come in handy someday.
Superstitious humans killing off ones who had marks so they wasted FEAR.
False. I was never offered anything, nor am I aware of this being a contract in any way.

Millie flipped the paper over and stared at it. What would she want as a hypothetical contract?

Best Terms:
By signing below, the Sorceress Millie will get free tutoring in the subject of her choosing during the next exam period. In return, Millie will clean the room of the other party as signed below for one week. This week of cleaning must not also be during the exam period. If either party does not fulfill their end of the bargain, a trinket of personal value will have to be given to the slighted party instead.
X_________
X_________

Worst Terms:
By signing below, Millie will clean the room of the below signed in exchange for help with exams.

X_________
X_________

Alicia Firestar

Fluffy Shapeshifter

Kanth

Fallen Galaxy

21,490 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:59 pm
After notetaking, Marosa blinked at the mass amount of papers that seemed to fall out of thin air, tilting his head curiously at that before grabbing one of said papers. The fey was supremely glad he had taken notes.

Marosa's Test
I swear that I am answering these questions to the best of my knowledge and that I did not cheat what so ever: Marosa Feyrath

Anyone can, but only demons can make a true demon contract (at least, one that will hold up in court).

Something for something - equal exchange. Some offered their souls or children, but it varied what they asked for - power, riches, and freedom were the most common.

Written and verbal for most humans who cannot read or write. Also, made contracts? [Marosa read over his notes a few times, unable to figure out the third one. He finally put down an answer, his best guess to his knowledge.]

Rather bluntly stupid.

Equality. You must offer something in equal value, as well as ask for something in equal value. If it is not equal, the scales tip either for or against you, and most often the contract renders itself null to save you the backlash.

False, Informal, and Verbal.

The office. You must go there to fill out a form, and wait for it to be approved.

Neither/Trick question. You may need to make one, or you may not need to. It depends on circumstances, and different needs.

Humans getting killed by their own kind for making the contracts.

False. Both parties must know that this is a contract, and it must be written on this form. It must state an equal exchange. I was not offered anything, nor am I giving anything in return. This is merely for convenience, and information provided by the school.

Satisfied with his answers, the Gancanagh turned the page over, thinking for a mere moment before he started to write up a possible contract.

The Mock Contract
A Mock Contract

I, Marosa Feyrath, hereby agree to accompany the contracted in whatever service they need for one week, be it packing books, companionship, or attending certain events. In exchange, the contracted must allow the contractor to touch them whenever they'd like, or have the need to. If these terms are not met on the contracted's part, the service is null and must provide compensation for the need of the contractor. If the terms are not met on the contractor's part, the contractor must forgo all socialization by touch and sight for a week.

I, Marosa Feyrath, agree to provide services in exchange for physical contact.

X_____________
X_____________

Grimacing at the paper, Marosa felt like scribbling it out and starting over, but it was done. He didn't know where it had come from, but it was a good start on an actual true contract. The fey turned it in, then sat back down in his seat, giving Sharra a wave.

"How'd ye dew?"

He wanted to take this seriously, and couldn't help but think of that as his only option. He still had a grimace, and was unable to shake the thought that maybe he was turning out like his father wanted him to. Either that, or being a true Gancanagh was unavoidable at any cost.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:44 pm
(OKAY THIS WILL BE WRAPPED SOON IM KINDA CHANGING UP PLAY BUT YIS SORRY FOR THE LATENESS IM A BAD GM U_U)  

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

{ Classrooms } ---------------- Classes/ Open Classes/ EXAMS ARE HERE

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items