Welcome to Gaia! ::

It's A Girl Thing! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Family, A Home. 

Tags: Linkin Park, Contests, Hangout, Role Playing, Twilight 

Reply 28. ✿ - - - Video Games
Pokemon Gen VI: Pokemon X and Pokemon Y Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yokies

Crew

King Bear

64,350 Points
  • The Bears Are In 500
  • I Won the Titles the Titles are Mine! 500
  • Couple of Time 500
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:07 am
Rubai Sora

I think this is just something we'll have to agree to disagree on. I just don't really see it that way. I mean I of course see them looking similar, but I just don't really see it as an issue in it.

I don't see that either really. sweatdrop Maybe we're just not in the same areas of the fandom? People stop liking stuff all the time. I stopped liking tons of anime just because my tastes changed, not because they were doing anything wrong. Pokemon is moving forward, they can't stay in the past just because some people like it that way, they can't keep doing the same things or it will get boring after a while. I don't really see it as alienating older fans. You can't cater to everyone is how I see it, and if the majority of the people like what they're doing, they aren't going to stop just because "older" fans don't agree, you know? If people don't like it you can't change that, so they're definitely not going to try either. sweatdrop

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:22 am
Yokies
Rubai Sora

I think this is just something we'll have to agree to disagree on. I just don't really see it that way. I mean I of course see them looking similar, but I just don't really see it as an issue in it.

I don't see that either really. sweatdrop Maybe we're just not in the same areas of the fandom? People stop liking stuff all the time. I stopped liking tons of anime just because my tastes changed, not because they were doing anything wrong. Pokemon is moving forward, they can't stay in the past just because some people like it that way, they can't keep doing the same things or it will get boring after a while. I don't really see it as alienating older fans. You can't cater to everyone is how I see it, and if the majority of the people like what they're doing, they aren't going to stop just because "older" fans don't agree, you know? If people don't like it you can't change that, so they're definitely not going to try either. sweatdrop

User Image

Really? Every time Gen V comes up, I end up being one of the few defending it. I actually have to defend it against my friends who are the major Pokemon fans. You haven't had that problem? Well, you're lucky then. While it is progress, it still feels like you might as well remember every animal in the real world. A lot of fans I've talked to swear by Gen 1 and that's it. Well, before I remind them of Gen II, then it's all "Oh, yeah.... That was a good Gen too". Gen III was when it started to seem like they were stretching themselves. I've seen the starters for Gen VI, and I could have sworn we already had a fire fox (*giggles*) and a water frog before.

Post style by PhallenPixie

Rubai Sora

Heart Hunter

53,825 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Magical Girl 50

Yokies

Crew

King Bear

64,350 Points
  • The Bears Are In 500
  • Couple of Time 500
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:31 am
Rubai Sora

Not really. I've only really talked about it to maybe three people who didn't really like them the entire time I've ever been in a conversation about Generation Five. None of my friends really see an issue with them, we just play the games and that's about it honestly. sweatdrop Not that we don't have discussions of course, we just don't really say anything bad about the Pokemon themselves. I actually really love the new starters, I think they're great. xD I guess this is why I can't really relate on any kind of level with this, I just don't see what other people do. I don't see what is wrong with anything. ._.;

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:41 am
Yokies
Rubai Sora

Not really. I've only really talked about it to maybe three people who didn't really like them the entire time I've ever been in a conversation about Generation Five. None of my friends really see an issue with them, we just play the games and that's about it honestly. sweatdrop Not that we don't have discussions of course, we just don't really say anything bad about the Pokemon themselves. I actually really love the new starters, I think they're great. xD I guess this is why I can't really relate on any kind of level with this, I just don't see what other people do. I don't see what is wrong with anything. ._.;

User Image

Ah, so you just haven't run into the same kind of people. Oh I love the new starters starters. I really want that fire fox, though I'm running out of characters in Naruto I could use for nicknames. It just, do we really need two fire foxes? Well, three if you want to count Flareon, but I don't know what to classify what kind of animal Eevee and it's evolutions are. (Please let there be a new Eevee evolution because I have a few more Gundam Wing characters I could use.)

Rubai Sora

Heart Hunter

53,825 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Magical Girl 50

Yokies

Crew

King Bear

64,350 Points
  • The Bears Are In 500
  • Couple of Time 500
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:54 am
Rubai Sora

Yeah, not really. Even if I did, I'd probably just end the conversation pretty quick because usually the ones who are that set on it aren't going to change their views, so there is no point in arguing about it anyway. I'll just stick with not finding any of them bad. XD; Because that's just really how I feel about it. Well, it's a different kind of fox, so they're not exactly the same. They're designed entirely different, so that doesn't irk me. With Eevee, I think it and it's evolutions are a mixture between foxes, dogs and cats, at least that's what most people see in them. Like with Umbreon, Espeon and Vaporeon, I see cats, with Jolteon I see a dog, Flareon, Glaceon and Leafeon, I see a mixture of dog and fox. Eevee is more fox-ish to me though. At least that's how I see them anyway lol. I think they probably will add in Eeveelutions. If you don't count the original three, they came out with Eeveelutions in even numbered generations, so if they keep up with that pattern we're bound to see more.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:00 am
Yokies
Rubai Sora

Yeah, not really. Even if I did, I'd probably just end the conversation pretty quick because usually the ones who are that set on it aren't going to change their views, so there is no point in arguing about it anyway. I'll just stick with not finding any of them bad. XD; Because that's just really how I feel about it. Well, it's a different kind of fox, so they're not exactly the same. They're designed entirely different, so that doesn't irk me. With Eevee, I think it and it's evolutions are a mixture between foxes, dogs and cats, at least that's what most people see in them. Like with Umbreon, Espeon and Vaporeon, I see cats, with Jolteon I see a dog, Flareon, Glaceon and Leafeon, I see a mixture of dog and fox. Eevee is more fox-ish to me though. At least that's how I see them anyway lol. I think they probably will add in Eeveelutions. If you don't count the original three, they came out with Eeveelutions in even numbered generations, so if they keep up with that pattern we're bound to see more.

User Image

I hope they come out with more. I remember when Glaceon and Leafeon came out a few people were upset because you actually had to chose which ones you had in your party if you wanted an Eevee party. Before that, you could have a party consisting of an Eevee and one of each evolution. People liked that. Then the next two came out and upset the balance. I personally love Glaceon because it reminds me of a snow maiden or something. I hope there is a dragon type Eevee because Wufei barely fits being a Vaporeon.

Rubai Sora

Heart Hunter

53,825 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Magical Girl 50

Yokies

Crew

King Bear

64,350 Points
  • The Bears Are In 500
  • Couple of Time 500
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:04 am
Rubai Sora

I thought that was kind of silly. I mean I understand not wanting to have to make that decision, but people love Eeveelutions, so if people want more you have to decide lol. I wouldn't want a whole team of them personally, that just makes them feel less special to me. I don't really care what they come out with, I just want another one. xD

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:21 am
Yokies
Rubai Sora

I thought that was kind of silly. I mean I understand not wanting to have to make that decision, but people love Eeveelutions, so if people want more you have to decide lol. I wouldn't want a whole team of them personally, that just makes them feel less special to me. I don't really care what they come out with, I just want another one. xD

User Image

You can actually have a balanced team with Eevee being the theme because of the different types. Though I'm a little mad that there is now a move for Eevee that would be awesome for my Duo (Umbreon) but it's at level 40-something and he wants to evolve now. I usually teach them Baton Pass (just in case) and then evolve them. Now I have to wait even longer for my Umbreon.

Rubai Sora

Heart Hunter

53,825 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Magical Girl 50

jiniistrawberii
Crew

Feral Fatcat

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:05 am
Rubai Sora

User Image

True, but it sometimes feels like they're running out of ideas. Heck, I think the Yu-Gi-Oh fans laughed when Gen V came out. I know I did, and it influenced which version I got.

Well, it's more for laughs. I'm just surprised that the Miku fans haven't bashed the female Ace Trainer. Seriously, if I get another Gen V game, I'm naming my character Miku.

User Image User Image

Why, what was so funny about it? I stopped playing Yu-Gi-Oh when I got tired of the cards, so I can't really connect sweatdrop

User ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:12 am
Louisa Iris
User Image User Image

Why, what was so funny about it? I stopped playing Yu-Gi-Oh when I got tired of the cards, so I can't really connect sweatdrop

User ImageUser Image

User Image

I explained it in a post. Short answer. Reshiram=Blue Eyes White Dragon with Red Eyes power, Zekrom=Red Eyes Black Dragon with Blue Eyes power.

Rubai Sora

Heart Hunter

53,825 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Magical Girl 50

Yokies

Crew

King Bear

64,350 Points
  • The Bears Are In 500
  • Couple of Time 500
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:27 am
Rubai Sora

I suppose so, but some of them share their highest stats so you have to take that into account too. You teach them Baton Pass? I think Eevee at least learns it's moves earlier in B2W2 than in BW. o.o

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:46 am
Yokies
Rubai Sora

I suppose so, but some of them share their highest stats so you have to take that into account too. You teach them Baton Pass? I think Eevee at least learns it's moves earlier in B2W2 than in BW. o.o

User Image

I can't remember what level is what, but I know a few moves switched places in order of learning, so it screwed up everything since it's been this way since Baton Pass came out. Baton Pass is just something I like to have as an option. I usually remove it later, but I like it learned at least so I can use a Heart Scale so it can learn it again.

Rubai Sora

Heart Hunter

53,825 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Magical Girl 50

Yokies

Crew

King Bear

64,350 Points
  • The Bears Are In 500
  • Couple of Time 500
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:03 pm
Rubai Sora

I thought Baton Pass was just learned earlier now? Eevee used to learn it at level 36 and now it's level 33. o.o Though I can't tell what else would have been moved. sweatdrop I thought Heart Scales only worked for moves the Pokemon could currently learn? Not just ones that it knew before. Like I don't think you can relearn Surf that way if the Pokemon can't learn it on it's own (but of course you wouldn't need to do that anyway since the HM is right there lol).

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:43 pm
Yokies
Rubai Sora

I thought Baton Pass was just learned earlier now? Eevee used to learn it at level 36 and now it's level 33. o.o Though I can't tell what else would have been moved. sweatdrop I thought Heart Scales only worked for moves the Pokemon could currently learn? Not just ones that it knew before. Like I don't think you can relearn Surf that way if the Pokemon can't learn it on it's own (but of course you wouldn't need to do that anyway since the HM is right there lol).

User Image

Move Tutor. They allow a Pokemon to relearn a move you deleted or skipped.

Rubai Sora

Heart Hunter

53,825 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Magical Girl 50

Rainbows Dash

Anxious Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:58 pm
I've never been so eager for it to be October before in my entire life. I am so up for this.
I'm planning on getting X, but I might get Y if I have enough money/space on my Christmas List.
Fennekin. <3
Seeing Raichu in 3D is going to be the most exciting thing in the world for me. I really can't wait!  
28. ✿ - - - Video Games

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff