Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "RPC" *Roleplay Central*
Group Home for the Supernatural (Open/Accepting) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

love2daydream

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:32 pm
The officer knocked on the door and soon it was opened by a heavy set woman who was dressed in a pink set of scrubs. Her hair was pulled up into a tight bun but her face appeared kind as she invited them all inside. Kat gave her sisters hand a tight squeeze and her sister put her arm around Kat, rubbing her goose bumped arms. “Are you Kathryn?

Kat.” She answered with a nod, looking around. They were in a long hallway with about three doors, two on the left and one on the right, and it ended in a large room where there were two stair cases with a door in between each. Each door was labeled neatly on the wall, one saying ‘office’, another saying ‘bathroom’, and then the last stating that it was for storage.

Well, I want to welcome you to Sousa House; you can call me Ms. Shalen. We try to keep everything so that it feels like a home, and I’m sure you’ll be very comfortable here.” She smiled, and then looked over at my sister and the officer. “You may take your leave now, while I show Kath-, I mean Kat around.

I can’t stay?” Kat looked up at her sister in terror as she realized she was going to be separated so soon from her and stared at Ms. Shalen with wide eyes as she hoped she would answer with a ‘well, if you really want to you can stay you can’, but the nurse just shook her head as a hardness came around her eyes.

I’m sorry, it really is best for her if you leave now.” Ms. Shalen gently showed the officer and Kat’s sister out, despite the woman’s complaints. “We have visiting days where you can come and take her out, so please come back at that time.” The door closed softly and Kat watched as the older woman quickly typed in a code into a box like object, a small light turning from green to red. “We have all the windows and the doors locked and alarmed to avoid those who may try to escape.

What?” Kat said with a surprised expression, how bad was it here to where people had to escape? At the expression on her face, the woman quickly walked over and placed a comforting hand on her shoulder.

We simply take this precaution because in the past we’ve had teenagers trying to sneak off to meet their boyfriend or girlfriends or trying to go shopping. This isn’t allowed, and so the alarm is there to warn us if someone has left without permission.” Seeing that Kat was relaxing, the nurse began to walk with her and give her the tour. “You are allowed outside in the backyard but you do have to ask permission first so I or the other nurse, Ms. Owens, can let you out.

Now this is the office where the psychologist Dr. Banks will come and have therapy sessions. You’ll be going to see him after I show you around and he’ll talk to you about your diagnosis. This is one of the bathrooms, and this is the supply room which is only accessible by me and Ms. Owens.” They were at the end of the hallway now and Ms. Shalen pointed at the staircases, first the left and then the right. “This is the staircase up to the girls’ rooms and this is the staircase to the boys’.” She then pointed at the door in-between. “This is where the night time nurse sleeps, Mrs. Jacobs. There is no hallway connecting the girls’ floor and the boys’ floor so Mrs. Jacobs makes sure no one tries to sneak up the wrong staircase.

Kat looked to her right and saw a room that had a dining room table. “This is where we eat lunch and over there,” Kat looked at the far end of the room where there was a door less entry way. “is the kitchen.” They changed their attention to the other room where there was a book case, a large TV, and a computer. “This is a bit of the hangout room where you can spend your free time.” There was a door at the far end of the room, which had a window looking it. “That’s where school is held and where we have group therapy sessions.” Kat could see a few heads through the small window and shifted nervously on her feet. “That’s basically it, we have a schedule everyday which is posted around in case anyone needs it, and you have to do chores but I’ll explain that when we come to it. Any questions?

Kat shook her head, feeling a bit overwhelmed. At least it didn’t seem too scary. The rules seemed easy to follow as well, and she turned towards the nurse again.

Are you ready to meet Dr. Banks?” Kat could only nod and be lead back to the office she had seen before.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:17 pm
Luna

Luna heard the front door creak open. "Ah, so the newbie arrives. The mystery can now be revealed," he joked to himself, standing up. He knew where she'd have to go first: Dr. Banks. Well, I'll just go and visit the good doctor until she gets there. He began to walk down the hall. He was not very stealthy, so it was a surprise that none of the old ladies saw him. Man, they were such a pain! Oh well, as always Luna was in good humor. He stepped into Dr. Banks' office and took a seat without permission. He kicked his feet on the desk as the good doctor began to scold him. Then, he faked a psychotic break down. He would talk to this girl first if it were the last thing he did. It'd be something to hold over Ari's head. He'd beat her this time.  

Noelia Duske

love2daydream

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:56 pm
The nurse knocked quickly on the office door before entering, though both her and Kat stopped as they noticed the other person sitting in the chair. Kat tilted her head curiously as Ms. Shalen gave an annoyed sigh and quickly went to the side of the boy despite whatever issue he seemed to be having at the moment. She nervously stepped to the side so half of her was hiding as she watched. It seemed that Dr. Banks and Ms. Shalen were used to these sorts of things because neither looked that concerned to Kat. She thought though that everyone here was suppose to be decent? Or were fits normal?  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:42 pm
Luna

Luna was throwing a tempertantrum about the lack of potato chips in the group home when he glanced over and saw Kat. Yes! Hid thoughts cheered, My stalling worked! "I wish you would all just die!" He hollered, standing up abruptly. He shoved passed the old lady and smirked at Kat. He gently touched her arm and acquired her astral code. "I'm Luna," he whispered, before darting into the hallway. She's probably stunned. He peeked into the astral plane for her code. Phase one is complete He laughed to himself. She seemed interesting and he wanted to know more.  

Noelia Duske

love2daydream

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:59 pm
Kat gave out a nervous squeak as the boy yelled out, wishing death on everyone. She jumped as he came by her, sure he was going to attack her and surprised when he just touched her arm. Luna? She looked back at him as he walked away, blinking before coming into the room when she was called.

"Sorry about that, he's one of the more dramatic residents." Ms. Shalen said, although she sounded more like she was complaining to herself. She patted Kat's back, and began to make her way to the door. "Come find me when you're done." Kat watched her leave before turning around to face Dr. Banks, swallowing as she realized she would now find out what mental illness she possessed.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:50 pm
She was beautiful, sitting there in the natural light the window behind her provided. It illuminated her silhouette, which made her seem ethereal. Her blue eyes were casted down, fixated on the tiniest of texts in her hand as she read, her dark hair falling here and there in locks of dark night. Her body was quite still, other than her slow breath and occasional finger movement as she turned the page.
More focused on reading the play she was reading, she failed to notice Ren's peculiar eyes. His blue eyes watched her, instead of attentively working on his math homework. It was times like these where Ren didn't care that he was put into the Sousa House. He didn't care about being what he was, or about anything in his past as long as Eureka was there with him. She was reading, namely so that she could later write an essay of the moral ambiguity of its characters, so she didn't bother to look up when Luna made a noise about some newcomer. No, that was what Ren loved about Eureka. She could be so unaware at times, so intellectual, he couldn't help but lean over a little and brush some of her hair aside.

This had caught her attention, and her eyes finally lifted from the pages of her book to the face of Ren. However, her gaze seemed, initially, disappointing to Ren. Instead of their usual brightness, as they usually had when she looked at him, there held a very certain solemnity about them.
Ren knew very well Eureka suffered from depression. It was rather obvious she had changed somehow, and the incidents that occurred to her coming here had traumatized her.
Ren was saddened that her eyes seemed to hold such dullness. She apparently took notice of her demeanor and flashed him a warm smile. He knew she was trying her best. Ren sighed, and glanced at the door. They were welcoming a new person into the Sousa house? He wondered what kind of messed up kid they had this time. He glanced to Eureka for a split second, who resumed reading.

When Eureka first arrived here, it was not long after Ren had been dumped into the house. About two years here, Eureka had shown up claiming she was diagnosed with 'depression'. He was excited he could see her and be with her, but it often concerned him how damaged she was on the inside. She rarely talked about it with anyone, only Dr. Banks. Ren looked down, at the ridiculousness of his homework which failed to make sense, then back to the door. That was where that newcomer was right now, in that office that had changed Ren's life forever.

Greedy Fat Cat

Greedy Fatcat

omgIisonfiyah

Interesting Lunatic

14,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:05 pm
Issac had his head on his desk, sleeping as was normal for him. He didn't have any video games or anything to all he could do pretty much was draw and sleep, and he didn't feel like doodling.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:38 pm
Ari watched the girl go, rolling her eyes as Luna ran off to try and beat her to introductions. Idiot. She followed Kat, kicking Luna as she passed him. He was the only one who could possibly feel anything she did while out of her body, seeing as he was like her. Ari didn't really like intruding like this, following a stranger into a private "mental health consultation", but she was curious. And she wanted to know what the new girl was, and what brought her here. She'd go back soon, as soon as she learned something interesting.  

thymeast22

Firebreathing Gekko

IchigoK25

Unbeatable Seeker

3,350 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:02 pm
Xavier was sitting at his usual desk in the back of the room. He looked out the window not paying attention to what going on in the classroom as always. he brushed his hair to the side and sighed. It was a normal day like any other for him. He turned his head into the direction of the room and placed his hands on the desk from his lap and leaned back in his chair and closed his eyes.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:26 pm
Luna

Luna winced, grabbing his shin. "Damnit Ari," he muttered with a grin. "She's obviously discovered the newbie. Too bad I've already beat her!" He laughed sweetly. "It's nice to see her trying to do something though..." He began to walk away. Wincing with every step. He'd just realized that he'd skipped lessons to pursue a personal issue. Yeah, he had already accepted his fate. He put a hand to his head, pushing his blonde locks away. "I'm doomed," he smiled, "The old ladies are gonna kill me for sure." At least they actually pretend to care.  

Noelia Duske

N K Cake

Conservative Poster

5,700 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:36 am
Doctor Banks was hardly impressed with the show brought before him. The tanned and tall man sat leisurably in an adjustable, and soft, office chair. The digits of his hands were folded carefully on his lap and he did little but observe the boy that had sought his attention. Luna, almost a man now, had shapeshifted into an infant as far as the Doc. was concerned.

Dr. Banks' face of solemn disappointment betrayed little else, even as he scolded Luna for wanting to be a little fatty that wanted to eat potato chips all day. Obviously this was out of the usual. No matter how bratty Luna might act usually, there was often reason behind any oddity. When the new girl came in, and Luna swiftly bounded off, the good Doctor had a pretty good guess.

It was quite unfortunate, he was forced to admit; Luna's diet would need a new dose of depressants to keep him orderly if this was the way he would act because of the new patient. Could not let the old ones get uppity about the new ones, and all that.

A smile then for the new girl. His pale lips formed up to light his thin features, and the man applied his nervous habit of nudging his glasses back up the bridge of his nose. A single, mature hand opens it's palm to present Kat her seat at the other side of the mahogany table.

"Kathryn, if we could ignore my first guest, and just focus on you; We usually begin by informing our newer patients why they have been brought here, including being informed of the primary medical concern that has been detected," few moments for the gently spoken words to sink in.
"You are officially said to be bipolar with delusions of grandeur. But don't worry 'bout that, a buncha fancy mancy medical lingo. It's probably just stress, or a little anger management. You're young, you'll grow out of it." From smooth and official, his attitude sails for fairer weather, and he seems almost goofily pleasant.

One hand dips under the desk, and the good doctor's hazel eyes widen as he brings up a small bowl of candy.
"Don't tell the maids, they wouldn't let me keep these. Have a good day, and welcome to Sousa House."

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:48 am
Kat began to trace the scars on her hands again as she waited patiently to be told what she had. Her eyes widened as finally it was revealed, bipolar with delusions of grandeur. The Doctor's relaxed state also surprised her and she politely took a candy out of the bowl.

"B-but Dr. Banks, I don't understand?" She said, her voice stressed as she squeezed the candy between her fingers, not actually eating it. "I-i know what bipolar is, but delusions of grandeur?" Wasn't that where you thought you were very important when you weren't? She had never considered herself as such. At least with bipolar, she did get angry sometimes but never experienced rapid mood swings or extreme crazy happiness. This didn't make sense and if he said it was just stress or anger management why did she need to be here in the first place?

love2daydream

N K Cake

Conservative Poster

5,700 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:08 am
A confident speaker. Dr. Banks' eyes widened and brows raised, and he leaned back comfortably in his chair while waiting. Delusions of grandeur, she wanted to know of. Hmph. This one was clever. Anxiety medication mixed wiith... Something to dull her a little. That would do well. The girl's power was one of the most dangerous, deadly; she needed the right measures for everyone's safety.

"It means," the doctor started with a kind smile. "That, I believe, they thought your ideas of strange abilities or really badly hurting someone else - were false images created by your mind. A hallucination that you were somehow mightier, inhuman. The marks on your hand you might blame on such a thing, but that can be explained with a little medical lore; a kind of selective increase in your pulse, centralised on your hand, or even ... Listen to me ranting. I could go on about this to you, for no point whatsoever. You are here, we are happy to have you, and we hope to make your time enjoyable till you must leave us." And that was really it. Anything else, he knew he would just dispel her. There was a limit to satisfying all their curiosity and endless questions. Heck, if any of them was told, and started acting out with their powers again, the staff could be fired for failing, and the child taken to... One does not think of such things for sake of their sanity.

The thought brought a sudden solemness to the doctor's face, and put worry in his eyes. 'Please don't be yourself,' he begged from her in his head, to no avail. Then, his smile was back, he leaned forward, and offered her the door with his palm.
"You must be off. I believe the others might just be finishing their classes."

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:10 am
Luna

Luna shrugged off school, and trudged to his room instead of attending. He figured that the old ladies would just see it as him throwing a fit. He smiled at their cluelessness, sighing. "I wish that someone would see through my plans," he stifled a sad laugh. His mind wandered to his mom. He clenched his jaw, thinking that his dad better be treating her right. His mother's smile was all he needed. It was what kept him going. Sadly, the ladies had taken away every photo of her he'd had. All he had left were memories. "I miss you, Mom." he whispered.  

Noelia Duske

love2daydream

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:31 am
Kat's lips pursed together as she stared at the Doctor before her face quickly turned into one of exhaustion. That answered nothing, and she glanced down at the marks on her head. Her heart beating quickly caused this? If that was the case, wouldn't plenty of people have these markings? She looked down into her lap before standing up with a nod and making her way to the door. She wanted actual answers but guessed she might have to find them on her own. Halfway down the hallway she stopped, her eyes narrowing. Was this part of her illness? That she thought so highly of herself that she couldn't possibly be sick and that the Doctor had been lieing? 'He could very well not have told me anything, because I wouldn't understand it' she thought. After all she wasn't a full grown adult who had been through years of schooling. Perhaps the average person couldn't understand, and perhaps she was having a delusion right now.

Kat shook her head to get rid of all these annoying thoughts and began to walk, looking for Ms. Shalen. She decided that whither or not she believed in her diagnoses, she was going to be a good patient so she could get out of here. If, when she was released she still believed that something wasn't right, she would explore it but otherwise she would forget about it for now.

Ms. Shalen was setting the table with food, inviting Kat to help her as classes were about to take a break for lunch. She was told that she wasn't expected to go to class today, but during that time she would be going upstairs to put away her belongings. "We share rooms, so you'll be rooming with one of the other residents who's name is Eureka. You'll meet all of our residents during lunch."

There was the sound of beeping which came from the watch of Ms. Shalen. "Lunch begins now." Kat was told as she watched another older and skinnier woman, who she assumed was Ms. Owens, came out of the kitchen with glasses and a big container of water and juice. Kat sat down in a seat facing the other room, at the far left end of the table. She was nervous as her stomachs did little flip flops. Now she would meet the rest of the house.

(Rooming arrangements are as follows: Kat and Eureka, Lenard and Ren, Issac and Luna, Xiaver and Alexander. Ariana will be currently rooming by herself, unless another female joins in which case she automatically become roommates.))  
"RPC" *Roleplay Central*

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff