Are all LDRs doomed to fail? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

cracked1

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:51 am
tanqela

i'm moving back to the philippines after senior year... so i won't be able to see him at all.

don't get discouraged, as i said before... PERSEVERE

Oh? Why? D:

Okay, okay.. u_u

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:54 am
ShiinaMashiron
tanqela

i'm moving back to the philippines after senior year... so i won't be able to see him at all.

don't get discouraged, as i said before... PERSEVERE

Oh? Why? D:

Okay, okay.. u_u

for college... so we won't see each other as often.  

hoenest

Darling

This Isnt Sparta

Liberal Fatcat

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:33 am
I dont think LDRs are doomed for failure. It just takes alot of commitment and trust from both sides to make it work. I dont think its something for everyone though. People like being near their companion and feel that physical attachment and closeness. Talking often on the phone is always good, but you cant beat wanting to hug and kiss someone. I cant do those relationships, though I tried for a few years. I want to be near the person I love. But I give kudos to the people who can and will make it work.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:16 pm
tanqela

for college... so we won't see each other as often.

Oh, man... That's sad.. I'm sorry to hear that.. But hey, you could always Skype, right?

This Isnt Sparta
I dont think LDRs are doomed for failure. It just takes alot of commitment and trust from both sides to make it work. I dont think its something for everyone though. People like being near their companion and feel that physical attachment and closeness. Talking often on the phone is always good, but you cant beat wanting to hug and kiss someone. I cant do those relationships, though I tried for a few years. I want to be near the person I love. But I give kudos to the people who can and will make it work.

Ah, I see.. Thank you for giving your opinion. ^u^ It's nice to see that you girls didn't just go on and bash LDRs (which I kinda expected oops) in this thread.  

cracked1

JUST HORRlBLE

Romantic Rogue

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:43 am
      User Image
      User Image

Not all Long Distance Relationships are doomed to fail.

I have been in a few myself, which most of them have failed; whether I just grew disinterested for whatever reason, or I was cheated on by the other person.
      But, I am currently in a long distance relationship right now; we met in my guild that I was running, and he had joined a RP in said guild, then decided to message me because he thought I was cool. Honestly, at first I was bit cold, because a random male messaging me made me paranoid. xD Eventually I started to open up, and by a month later ironically by Valentine's day we both developed feelings, and I expressed by first with subtle hints that he reacted okay to, so that gave me the courage to admit my feelings, then he did his. That was over a year ago, and in exactly 90 days me and him will be moving in together, and we're both still very much in love. We do little cutesy things, like sleep over Skype together, and other things. My sister says that we're perfect for each other, and can tell by the way we act together that we're very much in love.
      So yeah, they're not doomed to fail. It just matters the type of guy, or girl, you find; and if you're both equally and fully committed then nothing can stop you, not even distance. c:
      Admittedly, it is hard, but if one truly loves their partner it is nothing they can't overcome.

Broken Heart Production

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:17 am
I personally can't afford to believe that all long distance relationships fail, seeming to the fact that I'm currently in one myself.

My boyfriend and I met here on Gaia a almost a year ago, and have been "married" on Gaia for a 6 months. We've been through a lot of things, serious things, that threatened to tear us away from each other...and almost succeeded in doing so. But we overcame them and are perfectly happy together.

We just recently started talking on the phone...I believe the first time was two months ago. And we've been texting everyday and calling each other almost everyday ever since then.

We talk about our future together very often. And we can't picture ourselves loving anyone else.

So no. I don't, and can't and won't believe that all long distance relationships are doomed to fail.  

malalaliyah

Sweetest Doll

22,500 Points
  • Confectioner’s Sweetest Confession 100
  • Chocolate Champion: Sundae! 50
  • Chocolatier’s Faithful Gift 200

iColor With Crayons

Regular

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:30 am
I dated my boyfriend for about 6 months before I went off to school. My school is far enough away that I can only see him on breaks, but our relationship couldn't be more functional.

Internet relationships might be a little tricky - seeing someone, and talking in person is incredibly important. It gives you memories to hold onto when you're away from the person, as well as giving you something to look forward to.

Skype is also good.

So I think LDR relationships are tricky if you've never met the person, and/or don't intend to in the near future. You should at least try Skyping...talking face to face is so much different than talking on the internet.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:37 pm
Of course it can work! If you put in the effort to be with this person, and they make the effort I don't see why it wouldn't work. Sure, I acknowledge it would be complicated, depending on how far away you are from each other.

If you are planning a LDR, then good luck to you! Hope all works out. emotion_bigheart

yum_bacon

M i n i R e d S t a r s

Ebania

Sarcastic Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:05 am
I've been in a LDR for quite some time. We met in-person for the first time in October of 2011, almost six years after having met online. I knew he was special, he knew I was special. Whether marriage could be a reality... Well, we're taking it a day at a time and letting the pieces fall where they may. But as of right now, we're very happy and love each other very much. It very well can work -- I have seen it work for others beautifully -- and it could work for the two of us. smile  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:44 am
I wouldn't say so.
I met my guy over here, on Gaia more than 3 years ago..We lived over 100km apart..fell in love, got together, been together 3 years and now he lives with me since June. So, quite possible to maintain a LDR and make it a close distance relationship. 3nodding

Liisukas

Invisible Raccoon

48,675 Points
  • Alchemy Level 7 100
  • Brilliant Light 450
  • Who's The Boss Now? 300

xXNi-ChanXx

Lonely Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:26 am
I personally dont think all LDR are doomed to fail.
I will admit though, i use to do the LDR but for me they failed. One of my ex broke up with me through a letter(we would write to each other even though talked through MySpace back when it was popular). Another example was one that I had know for so long, we went out. All was fine until it just become this on and off thing and we would lose contacts for months and I just gave up on it. To this day, I don't even consider my LDR as relationship and I just complete try to forget about them...  
26. ✿ - - - Boys

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff