Submit

Girl Power?
  <3
View Results

Clasela
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:09 pm
La Belle Gigi

Honestly, you can post as many things as you want to. Summarizing wouldn't be a bad idea too.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:12 pm
xXNingyoXx

Oh come on, you must have something you could share, even if it isn't motivational, it's all about being strong and putting the past behind you (or in this thread >.<).

Clasela
Crew

xXNi-ChanXx

Lonely Werewolf

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:45 pm
Clasela

Well... aside what I had done in the past...
I guess I have a couple stories... n.n;  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:44 am
xXNingyoXx

That's the spirit! ^o^

Clasela
Crew

Isis Sister Of Osiris

Lonely Girl

15,250 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Cash Grabber 500
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:29 pm
Clasela
        Honestly, you can post as many things as you want to. Summarizing wouldn't be a bad idea too.

Well, I recently had to make a big decision. I may or may not be called to testify against the cousin who used me sexually for about two years, starting when I was 12. He got caught because he knocked up a girl of 14 or so, and is currently awaiting trial in Florida.

When my parents found out that I might be called up they told me that if I did go testify they would disown me for... let's see. Among the phrases they used (translated from Spanish, which its their first language) we can include: "airing dirty laundry in public", "bringing shame on the family by your sluttish behavior", and "blaming him for your own sinfulness".

Yeah. I asked to be seduced and used for sex, 'cause, you know, 12-year-old girls are total whores. I didn't know squat about sex, had never masturbated or even seen a p***s until Tony took his pants off and screwed me. (A decade later I can now honestly say he is seriously lacking in the boner department. Explains a lot, don't it?)

With my Grandpa's and Nick's support I took my stuff to Grandpa's apartment bit by bit over the course of a few weeks, then left my phone's SIM at my parent's house and moved in with them. I've also shut down my old email account, and am not taking their calls. They haven't shown up at the apartment yet but it's only a matter of time, I think.

It wasn't until I got here, and in spite of all the therapy (cognitive behavioral therapy, to be precise) and counseling I got a few years ago, and the constant self-help exercises, that I realized just how miserable I was in their house. It's like I'm a whole different person, especially on the inside.

I don't live under the shadow of hopelessness any more. The future's still uncertain, yes, but hope is no longer overpowered by the constant negative energy that surrounded me.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:46 pm
La Belle Gigi

Oh God, Gigi... emotion_hug You made me cry.. You're so brave... You're parents... I cannot believe they would say that to you. I mean the dirty laundry is out already, all you are going to do is throw it away behind bars.
        It's amazing how you don't realise how unhappy you are until you are free from what makes you unhappy. I'm so glad that the future is looking brighter for you, and I hope you put that b*****d where he belongs! emotion_bigheart

Clasela
Crew

Isis Sister Of Osiris

Lonely Girl

15,250 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Cash Grabber 500
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:55 pm
Clasela

Thanks hon emotion_hug the journal thread I keep here has been a lot of help, too. My counselor told me I could be happy or miserable, it's my choice... but the environment really does affect you.

Even if I don't testify because of the statute of limitations (IDK what it is, not my job to know, that's what the prosecution has to figure out) I would have moved out as soon as I could. They're small-minded people, and I just can't conform to their expectations.

I know I couldn't have done it without Nick and Grandpa's support. They're all the family I need, really. They don't care about what was, except if it hurt me. We're here, now, and that's what matters.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:05 pm
La Belle Gigi

It really does. And like you said, they are small-minded and they've treated you like an outsider, rather than a daughter.
        I'm so glad to hear that~ The thing about life is that you don't need to be surrounded by a lot of people, just a few who actually care. <3

Clasela
Crew

gabilliam tho

Cutie-Pie

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 10:22 am
When i was a kid, I used to get made fun of because I was a girl with short hair. I'd walk into the girls' room and the other girls would try and get me kicked out because I looked like a boy.

Ever since elementary school, I grew my hair out until it was about shoulder length and it remained that way through my senior year and my first semester of college. But I didn't feel comfortable in my own skin. So winter break of freshman year, I cut off my hair to a short pixie cut.

I'm sick of people telling me I look like a boy or I shouldn't have my hair this short, but I'm comfortable with it. I like the way my hair looks and I don't think I'm gonna grow out my hair for a long time.  
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 10:28 am
Also,
Emma Watson talking about the initial media reaction to her pixie cut:
“I had journalists asking me if this meant I was coming out, if I was a lesbian now.”  

gabilliam tho

Cutie-Pie

Kuudere-senpai

Desirable Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 10:45 am
I think I'll just read the stories here. When I say stories I don't mean made up, I mean something real and someone has went through and telling it lyke a story to learn from, and knowledge to absorb. ♥

I myself do not have any such good things to say. Nothing lyke courage to right the wrongs and stand up for myself and all that good stuff. My story is sad and will forever be sad. So I'm not sharing!

But reading the ones here, I think will definitely help me out and feel a little better, cause us girls can really make a difference and do something to help ourselves and others we love. ♥  
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 11:02 am
I don't have a story from my own life experience, but I DO have a very motivational story to tell. This is taken from a Tumblr post.

Warning: Contains A LOT of swearing, after all this is taken from Tumblr, and one does not simply NOT swear on Tumblr.

User Image

There is literally nothing better than a sexy, badass lady.
CHING ******** SHIH

This lady was such a badass, I can’t count the ways, but let’s try.

She got married to an already successful pirate, Zheng Yi, and took over when he died. She was crazy strict to keep an iron fist over her fleet of pirates, and the punishments for stepping out of line were brutal. If you stole or looted from a town that provided assistance or tribute to the pirate fleet, Ching would chop your ******** head off with a battle axe and dump your lifeless body in the ocean. If you stole from the pirate treasury, or she thought you were stealing from the pirate treasury, Ching would chop your ******** head off dump your lifeless body in the ocean. Raping any captured female prisoners was punishable by immediate death. If you had consensual sex while on duty you got your head chopped off and the woman was chucked off the boat no matter where they were at. Ching wasn’t ******** around, and she wanted to make damn sure you weren’t ******** around when you should have been working.

Two years after she took over, she got so notorious for ransacking towns and taking taxes on them that she pissed off the entire Chinese government, and sent out a massive fleet to bring her in line. Most pirates probably would’ve said this was out of their pay grade and taken off to hide out or ransack some other country.

Ching Shih said ******** that.

She not only faced them head on, she wiped the floor with them, killing hundreds and capturing sixty-something ships from the Imperial Fleet. Prisoners were given the choice of joining up or being executed on the spot. The Admiral of the Chinese navy, Kwo Lang, was so afraid of being captured by her or going back to admit he’d been beaten by her that he committed suicide.

For the next two years, Ching Shih not only kept on pirating, she fought off Chinese forces as well as Dutch and British warships that the navy called in to help. Finally the government gave up and offered her amnesty as well as amnesty for her then SEVENTEEN THOUSAND crewman. Ching Shih got to keep all her plunder, so she retired to the countryside where she opened up a brothel and lived until she was a 69 year old grandmother.

My verdict: I have resigned myself to the fact that I will never be as badass as this woman, and we should all worship her.

XxEchoingSilencexX

Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Nudist Colony 200

Kuudere-senpai

Desirable Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 11:22 am
OH!

I do have something to say about High School though, that my Biology Instructor from College had to say. He's so nice and full of knowledge. He is really young, but he's travelled to many places on earth, so picked up a lot of things and different ways of thinking and doing things.

Anyways, he said (not exact words), "Have you noticed that no matter what high school you go to, you'll see each group of kids will dress the same! Same style of clothing, brands and even their speech. But once they go home they complain about how they do have the same things as their friends (or people they know) and want something better or different. They never get these things, usually, and still go to school and stay in the same crowd, and buy the same things when they do have the money."

I NEVER noticed this before. Lol. Made me wonder if I was lyke this.. Turns out I wasn't. I was one of those rare few that was indeed different. Bullied and singled out because of this. I did dye my hair once with streaks of pink after these two girls did theirs. Well they had natural blonde hair, so they had pink hair throughout. I didn't and could never have hair lyke that, because my natural hair colour is black! Was teased for "copying them". =/ Probably, probably not. I mean my hair was all pink lyke there, so don't know why they choose to yell at me for it in front of other people. *shrugs* I still see these girls from time to time. Small town, and the same people live here. I moved out good while and I thought that these people would have moved on. NOPE. I do haven't really moved on. I'm back here where I started, but with different baggage.  
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 12:02 pm
I had the exact same problem, people always assume short hair means a girl is a lesbian. So I grew mine out for a good while to simply fit in. Now, as a Senior in highschool, I chopped it all off again and couldnt be happier! heart Everyone close to me supported it and thats what i really needed. It's all a matter of surrounding yourself in people you truly care about and who care for you. I know it's easier said than done sometimes, but as long as you're open and as confident as you can be the right people will be drawn to you 3nodding  

lPeachy

Girl-Crazy Gawker

Mo-opua

Golden Gekko

8,100 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 1:41 pm
In all honesty, this maybe my first post in the guild. I don't remember when I joined this but if I could explain myself, I have an on/off thing with gaia so I came back maybe a few weeks back after about a year of hiatus.

I kinda wanted to share my story with hopes of inspiring the girls who aren't so feminine. Not necessarily meaning butch-lesbians, but tom-boyish girls or independently strong women. I myself grew up with guys so I tend to get along well with guys more than I do with girls. Albeit, sometimes I get stuck between worlds because while I maybe a strong woman cruising with the boys, my pretty face and body always seems to put a line between us as friends. You know, "bro-code" and such. I personally despise the bro-code and prefer common sense, as the world seems to lack this, but that can be a story for another time should it rise up appropriately.

MY STORY actually begins with my current job. I work in the backroom of a Sears retail store as a Merchandise Pick-Up (MPU)/Receiving associate. So I'm the person who unloads a 2800 piece truck and then loads your 21 cubic ft. refrigerator into your vehicle. If you actually saw me, as countless others before you, you would probably wonder how I fare with my job. I'm 5' 4'' girl with a nice rack, a nice body, a pretty face, and a kind disposition that you can pick up as soon as I come out to ask for your receipt. I'm not tooting my own horn, I'm reiterating what others have told me- those who actually know me. Those who don't will see this standing next to their measly 8k BTU AC unit and ask me if I can lift it. Please! I can load a washing machine into the back of a stock-no lift truck by myself if I damn well please! The AC unit is just 58lbs. So as you can well imagine, I am strong. I am strong for a girl, and I am strong for an average person.

I've been working at Sears in the backroom for nine months now, but earlier on when my previous department lead threw me on MPU to learn... I received such terrible reactions from customers. I give A+ customer service (but that might be because of my appearance... or the fact that I'm a girl in the backroom) but then I get such trouble when it comes to lifting merchandise into vehicles. Early on, I would run back into the stockroom and hide just so I could break down crying and calling my boyfriend saying I bleepin' hate people. He was my rock through all this. I love what I do, but I hate how people treat me just because I'm a girl.

Excuse me if I seem racist or prejudice... I do resent what people do to others so blatantly. I'm going to tell several stories that bothered me.

Two Stink Numb-nuts:
I was working MPU by myself and I think these two southerners came in to pick up a washer and dryer. As I was bringing the merchandise out after processing their receipt, they both verbally ganged up on me making snide remarks about a pretty lil' thing working a man's job, how I should be out on the floor as a cashier, and rhetorically asking why I was back there. It was too much so I quietly loaded their merchandise into their truck and quickly retreat to the stockroom behind treadmills in their box to cry. I didn't know what to say... I was overwhelmed by all their remarks that I just overloaded.

A Woman Worth Coining a New Derogatory Name for:
Again, I was by myself and a lady came to pick up her AC unit. Something easy. When she saw me, she immediately starts going off at me, telling me to get someone to help me load it into her car. She refused to give me her receipt until I did. I called someone, told him what happened, then he walked outside with me and I loaded it by myself as he watched trying to hold back laughter. All while I was giving her a stupid look. She just looked at me flabbergasted the entire three seconds. This royally pissed me off because she made me pull someone off from unloading a shuttle for no ******** reason.

"Your Uterus is Gonna Explode!":
This one is a good one. I asked people, doctors, and researched online and while it's possible to get a hernia, there's no ******** such thing as popping my uterus and not being able to have babies from lifting. As I was loading a water heater into the back of a truck, the customer told me I shouldn't be working back there because I could pop my uterus then I won't be able to conceive. Even my coworker who was with me at the time was astounded by the stupidity. I will admit, it startled me at first but as time passed and I thought about it, it just sounded silly. We are required to wear backbraces, and ever since I started doing any kind of lifting my dad drilled it into my head on how to lift properly so I won't hurt myself.

Overall, I hate when I hear "Can you lift it?" or anything along those lines. My coworkers will sass up when they hear it because they can't tolerate it anymore than I can. I wish I could just be like, "No dummy, I'm here because I don't wanna see your stupid face for longer than five minutes and I have nice tits so I get what I want". People don't seem to think or something, if I wasn't capable of getting the job done then I wouldn't be able to keep the job.

My co-employees, having always been there to witness me work and see my potential, know I can do it. My department are behind me 110% because they're next to me everyday. My department lead is a woman, and there's two other women in the department who work downstairs in receiving mostly, then the rest of the department are guys. Even the guys back me up when a customer doubts me, even the grumpy MPU veteran that a lot of people don't like because he's mean to them stands up for me.

Over time as I gained the trust and friendship of my fellow backroom associates, they've been really supportive of me. They pipe up when customers, or anyone for that matter, give me trouble because they know I'm too nice to do it myself. My boyfriend told me one day when I called him crying about a customer giving me trouble and his words gave me strength, "If they don't know you then you shouldn't give a s**t about what they think. They don't know you're capable of turning them into a pretzel, they just see a pretty woman smiling at them". Their support gave me strength and now I don't mind as much. I would like to punch a hole in their merchandise or in their face, but I don't get broken over it.

That's my story that I wanted to share for now.  
It's A Girl Thing!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff