Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Fourth Year Classes
Art II~Open- First Lesson 2061-'62 Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 10:48 pm
User Image
๐”พ๐•ช๐•ก๐•ค๐•ช ๐•š๐•ค...spacespacespacespace
CURRENTLY // fancying Daniel Kiremonospace
CURRENTLY // Looking Adorkable in Artspaces
CURRENTLY WITH // Classmatesspacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Happyspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'I already know this stuff... but at least I get to draw all class.' spacespac

เฎ’ เฎ’ เฎ’ The phone rings in the middle of the night;
My father yells, 'what you gonna do with your life?'
เฎ’ เฎ’ เฎ’
โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•

spaceGypsy was drawn from her focus by the voice of her instructor; Professor Ellis was observing her sketching. The Ravenclaw sighed; it was good... but not right. There was a difference, after all. "It's only good on a technical level. And it's not quite accurate. I can't get the mouth right... It just doesn't quite look like me," she said with an annoyed frown. She wasn't really an observational artist; she preferred to draw what she saw in her head. Like Crash had said last year, it was all soul. But, she had to be good at drawing from observation, too, or she'd never get the details right from her head. So she needed this... if only it weren't so bloody frustrating! "I can't tell if it's the line quality or the angle or what. But it's just... wrong. The eyes aren't much better than the mouth... although I'm pretty sure that's because of the angle. They're a bit... Asian." She didn't know what was up with that. She'd changed the angle of them a couple of times and it still hadn't fixed that particular problem. Maybe she needed to make them bigger? Rounder? But the proportions were right, so that couldn't be it... God, this was annoying. But she needed to figure it out.

โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•
                                                          เฎ’ เฎ’ เฎ’ Oh daddy dear, you know you're still number one
                                                          But girls, they want to have fun. Oh, girls just want to have fun!
                                                          เฎ’ เฎ’ เฎ’

User Image

(( OOC: ))

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 4:15 pm
A sincere artist is not one who makes a
faithful attempt to put on to canvas
what is in front of him, but one who tries to create something
which is,in itself, a living thing.

User Image
User Image

Tanna walked into her classroom practically skipping from her great start of the new year. She went over to her chalkboard to write Sketching Techniques in her familiar curly script.
"Welcome back, I hope you all had a great first week of classes. Now, last week we went over basic lines and figures so now we're moving on to technique. A good tip before we begin is to always make the outline light to start with. Use a soft lead pencil to draw the initial sketch with very light outlines. Use minimal pressure and make your lines just heavy enough so that you can see them. With light lines you can erase without leaving deep indentations in your paper. This is a nice little drawing technique trick to help you just in case you make a mistake or have to adjust something โ€“ which I guarantee you will. Now there are 5 excellent techniques to basic sketching:
One, Drawing Contours. In this exercise you basically pick an object whether itโ€™s a picture or anything you can see and try to draw it without lifting your pencil off of the paper. Doing this will help you to be able to practice getting the proportions correct.
Two, Drawing Motion. Recording movement helps grasp the overall image. Try to draw the movement of the person or object you see. Do it quickly, donโ€™t try to give it a finished look because these are just practice drawings!
Three, Drawing with a grid. This is an excellent exercise to give you a sense of proportion. Draw a grid on a blank piece of paper and then try to sketch an image on it. The grid will help you position the objects in the picture and also to make them proportionate. This is an excellent technique when sketching faces.
Four, Drawing in a continuous line. Another focusing exercise: put the pencil on the paper and try to reproduce what you see with a continuous line, without lifting the pencil. Try to focus more on the object, not so much on your sketching. You can do a figure eight or any continuous shape as long as you donโ€™t have to lift your pencil from the paper.
And five, Blind drawing. Try to sketch what you see without looking at your drawing at all. This exercise helps you โ€œfeelโ€ your tools and also improve coordination and focus.
For the remainder of class I'd like you to pick two techniques you'd like to begin with and attempt their exercises. There is grid paper available on all your desks if you would like to start with that one and pencils can be found on any surface of the room just in case you don't have one. For homework I'd like you to do the remaining techniques. If you have any questions or issues don't hesitate to ask me and when you're finished you're free to go."
Tanna grinned and clapped softly but happily.

[Wearing: Teaching] [With: Gypsy] [Where: Art Classroom] [Feeling: Excited] [Thinking: More students!]

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:59 am

User Image
User Image

Tanna walked into her now familiar classroom with her also familiar grin on her face. Seeing her students were all accounted for she walked over to her chalkboard and wrote out Sketching enchantments. Turning to face the class she looked over at one of her NEWT students, standing off to the side of the classroom looking uncomfortable, making eye contact to ensure they understood when she would need help before starting. "Hello again students, I've been so impressed by you sketches and exercises over the past few weeks and as you can see I've hung a few of my favorites on the walls." she gestured to hung sketches from each pupil in the class before continuing. "Today we finally get into the magic behind art, enchanting your artwork. You don't get into enchanting portraits and statues until after your OWL's I'm afraid but you do get something equally fun with your sketches. But you can't just draw and expect it to work, it needs to balanced and placed in perfect perspective for it to work else you'd have a clumsy and very odd piece of art.
First, draw the background scene which your movements will take place in. If the background is to move as well draw the changes supposed to happen. For example, if you're riding down a road and want to sketch the passing scenery draw the trees, buildings, animals, etc. that passes you by.
Second, the person or object you want to move needs to have an objective, where its going, what its doing, etc. A ball rolling along a road after being thrown by a child, a quidditch player flying in the sky amid the bludgers and other players, things like that.
Third, draw these actions. I know it seems impossible but draw the the first and end results of these actions: the ball that was seemingly rolling along has a child finally catch up to it, the quidditch player catches the snitch or does a loop-de-loop, whatever your heart's desire.
And finally, the fourth and last step is the imagine the the movements that you want, the story if you will, lightly tap your sketch with your wand and speak the incantation: Concio. Since I don't own a wand I've asked one of my NEWT students to come in and help. Would you be so kind?"
Tanna looked imploringly at her student who blushed at being placed in attention but stood and walked over to her before they were handed a drawn sketch.Normally she would do a sketch of the current class but since one particular Ravenclaw student was usually the only one that showed up and participated, she decided to merely draw her and her small group of friends that she had seen around her. There was the young metamorphagus in the middle, with the two Walsh twins on one side and the young male Slytherin she normally saw with her. The older student lightly tapped the parchment with their wand and carefully spoke the incantation watching with wonderment as the children came alive to smile, wave or give a bored smirk in a generally familiar way of one particular Gryffindor male. The young girl in the middle even had her hair start changing colors and lengths making her companions either roll their eyes or clap excitedly. With a smile the young professor hung her now animated sketch (gently of course, wouldn't want to disrupt the teens), on the center wall of her classroom before turning back towards the class.
"Thank you for the demonstration, your note for your class is on the desk. Now you all are gonna attempt the same. It doesn't have to be a horribly complicated image just something simple enough for you to imagine. And for an added incentive, the first person to have made a successfully moving image will be awarded a prize and house points. You may begin!"

[Wearing: Teaching] [With: Gypsy] [Where: Art Classroom] [Feeling: Excited] [Thinking: More students!]

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:33 pm
~~~New Year (2026-2027)~~~

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:39 pm

User Image
User Image

[Student List: Tanya Cherri - Gryffindor
Alexandria Quimby-Scott - Gryffindor]

Tanna walked into her classroom practically skipping from her great start of the new year. She went over to her chalkboard to write Basic Lines and Figures in her familiar curly script.
"Welcome back, I hope you all had a great first week of classes. I thought that since this was the first week of class that we should start with the basics!
When you first start a sketch it is a good idea to lightly draw your lines in case you need to erase any later on. A big mistake a lot of people do when they first start the outline of a sketch is they typically press down to hard with their pencil thus creating a dark line and an indention in the paper. This will not only be hard to erase later on but may damage the paper because of the indention created. Start your sketch with a harder lead pencil or just not press down to hard when youโ€™re doing the rough outline. Use basic shapes if you have a hard time drawing an object. When first learning how to sketch, most have a hard time getting the sketch to look like what they are drawing. One way to get your sketch started is to break down the drawing using basic shapes like so,"
Tanna picked up the chalk and drew an oval with four straight lines: three horizontal to depict the eye, nose, and mouth region while one going vertical to split the oval in half. She then drew a series of squares, rectangles and small ovals to depict eyes, nose, mouth, and ears.
"Another important measure to keep in mind is to visualize how you want your final drawing to look on your paper before starting your sketch in order to avoid coming too close to the edge of the paper or even worse, running out of room. Visually lay out how you want the sketch to look on paper then lightly draw the outline making sure to stay within an imaginary border. And finally, and most importantly, take your time when sketching. There is no time limit when it comes to creativity. I know sometimes you might get stuck, kind of like writers block, so instead of getting frustrated and feeling like youโ€™re on some kind of schedule walk away โ€“ take a break. Come back when you feel better and if you still canโ€™t get past that roadblock, set your sketch to the side and come back to it at a later date.
For the remainder of class I'd like you to do a basic sketch of your face and for homework I'd like you to find something, anything or anyone at all, to do a basic sketch over. The homework isn't graded its merely a tool to enable better understanding of what we do in class. When you're finished you may leave it behind or take it with you and leave."

kiska166

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

[Wearing: Teaching] [With: Students] [Where: Art classroom] [Feeling: Excited] [Thinking: New Year, new hopes] [OOC: Those who's character is on the class list are quoted]

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:24 pm

User Image
User Image

Tanna waited for her class to come in by sitting on the edge of her desk and when they were all seated began.
"Now, last week we went over basic lines and figures so now we're moving on to technique. A good tip before we begin is to always make the outline light to start with. Use a soft lead pencil to draw the initial sketch with very light outlines. Use minimal pressure and make your lines just heavy enough so that you can see them. With light lines you can erase without leaving deep indentations in your paper. This is a nice little drawing technique trick to help you just in case you make a mistake or have to adjust something โ€“ which I guarantee you will. Now there are 5 excellent techniques to basic sketching:
One, Drawing Contours. In this exercise you basically pick an object whether itโ€™s a picture or anything you can see and try to draw it without lifting your pencil off of the paper. Doing this will help you to be able to practice getting the proportions correct.
Two, Drawing Motion. Recording movement helps grasp the overall image. Try to draw the movement of the person or object you see. Do it quickly, donโ€™t try to give it a finished look because these are just practice drawings!
Three, Drawing with a grid. This is an excellent exercise to give you a sense of proportion. Draw a grid on a blank piece of paper and then try to sketch an image on it. The grid will help you position the objects in the picture and also to make them proportionate. This is an excellent technique when sketching faces.
Four, Drawing in a continuous line. Another focusing exercise: put the pencil on the paper and try to reproduce what you see with a continuous line, without lifting the pencil. Try to focus more on the object, not so much on your sketching. You can do a figure eight or any continuous shape as long as you donโ€™t have to lift your pencil from the paper.
And five, Blind drawing. Try to sketch what you see without looking at your drawing at all. This exercise helps you โ€œfeelโ€ your tools and also improve coordination and focus.
For the remainder of class I'd like you to pick two techniques you'd like to begin with and attempt their exercises. There is grid paper available on all your desks if you would like to start with that one and pencils can be found on any surface of the room just in case you don't have one. For homework I'd like you to do the remaining techniques. If you have any questions or issues don't hesitate to ask me and when you're finished you're free to go."

kiska166

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

[Wearing: Teaching] [With: Students] [Where: Art classroom] [Feeling: Excited] [Thinking: Continuing on!] [OOC: Those who's character is on the class list are quoted]

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:09 pm
User ImageXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXUser ImageUser Image
โ’ฝโ“โ“›โ“•โ“‘โ“›โ“žโ“žโ““xxxxxThis time, for real, tired of playing it safexxxxxInside I feel, I've got what it takesxxxxxTo prove to the world who I really can bexxxxxI know for sure, there's no stopping me
โ’ฎโ’คโ’ฉโ’ขโ’งโ’ 

โœงTanya went into the art classroom liking the calming vibe from it before finding a seat and listening to the absolute longest bleeding lecture of her life. Dear gods in heaven was this what it took to draw these days?! She almost missed her young years of coloring books and being told to stay within the lines. She sighed and looked at all five techniques trying to figure out which ones she wanted to try before going with grid and blind. Grid because it sounded rather easy and blind because, well, she was curious. She used a ruler to draw out the straightest grid lines that she could before and decided to sketch out the young professor's desk. As much as she pained her to admit it, the exercise was a bit more difficult than she originally thought. In the end the picture wasn't terrible but definitely an improvement from what she would have drawn last year. Now came the weird test. Tanya clenched her eyes shut and placed her pencil on a fresh sheet of paper not exactly knowing what it was she was drawing but figuring that if she stayed on the paper it would be worth it. After nearly ten minutes of this she couldn't hold back any longer and took a peak and then began to giggle. She had attempted to draw Mr. G but had ended up drawing...she didn't exactly know what that was! Another bubble of laughter shot out of her as she wondered if she should send it to the older man and act all proud about it as if it were her master piece. Nah, she wouldn't want to give him an aneurysm before he finally proposed to her Mum. โœง

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

It's my turn now & you know that I'm readyxxxxxIt's my turn now, yeah, I'm strong, and I'm steadyxxxxxBreak down the wall, gonna go for it allxxxxxIt's my time, gonna shine, show you howxxxxxBecause it's my turn now

Uniform โ˜† Where: Art classroom โ˜† With: Class โ˜† Thinking: Looks like a centaur's arse crack! โ˜† OOC

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:52 am

User Image
User Image

Tanna walked into her now familiar classroom with her also familiar grin on her face. Seeing her students were all accounted for she walked over to her chalkboard and wrote out Sketching enchantments. Turning to face the class she looked over at her youngest sister, standing off to the side of the classroom looking uncomfortable, making eye contact to ensure she understood her needed help before starting. "Hello again students, I've been so impressed by you sketches and exercises over the past few weeks and as you can see I've hung a few of my favorites on the walls." she gestured to hung sketches from each pupil in the class before continuing. "Today we finally get into the magic behind art, enchanting your artwork. You don't get into enchanting portraits and statues until after your OWL's I'm afraid but you do get something equally fun with your sketches. But you can't just draw and expect it to work, it needs to balanced and placed in perfect perspective for it to work else you'd have a clumsy and very odd piece of art.
First, draw the background scene which your movements will take place in. If the background is to move as well draw the changes supposed to happen. For example, if you're riding down a road and want to sketch the passing scenery draw the trees, buildings, animals, etc. that passes you by.
Second, the person or object you want to move needs to have an objective, where its going, what its doing, etc. A ball rolling along a road after being thrown by a child, a quidditch player flying in the sky amid the bludgers and other players, things like that.
Third, draw these actions. I know it seems impossible but draw the the first and end results of these actions: the ball that was seemingly rolling along has a child finally catch up to it, the quidditch player catches the snitch or does a loop-de-loop, whatever your heart's desire.
And finally, the fourth and last step is the imagine the the movements that you want, the story if you will, lightly tap your sketch with your wand and speak the incantation: Concio. Since I don't own a wand I've asked one of the older art students to please demonstrate. if you would be so kind?"
Tanna looked encouragingly at her student who blushed at being placed in attention but stood and walked over to her who was then handed a sketch. It was a relatively medium sized one but it included all the students in her current class. The older student lightly tapped the parchment with their wand and carefully spoke the incantation watching with wonderment as the children came alive to smile, wave or even make a funny face. With a smile the young professor hung her now animated sketch (gently of course, wouldn't want to disrupt the teens), on the center wall of her classroom before turning back towards the class.
"Thank you for the demonstration, your note for your class is on the desk. Now you all are gonna attempt the same. It doesn't have to be a horribly complicated image just something simple enough for you to imagine. And for an added incentive, the first person to have made a successfully moving image will be awarded a prize and house points. You may begin!"

kiska166

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

[Wearing: Teaching] [With: Students] [Where: Art classroom] [Feeling: Excited] [Thinking: Continuing on!] [OOC: Those who's character is on the class list are quoted]

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:18 pm

User Image
User Image

[Student List:
Alice Lancaster
Lexine Vance
Kenneth Lowery]

Tanna set up her classroom in the first few weeks she arrived back at the castle and was now waiting on the corner of her desk for her new set of Fourth Years. From her roster she had basically the same few people from the first course, meaning barely a handful of students. But she smiled all the same and waved to each as they came in thinking that maybe this way they could all have a special connection because of it. "Hello and welcome to Art II, my name is Professor Hawthorne and I will be instructing you this year. To start the class we'll begin with the basics!" She went over to the blackboard and wrote in her curly script Basic lines and Figures.
"When you first start a sketch it is a good idea to lightly draw your lines in case you need to erase any later on. A big mistake a lot of people do when they first start the outline of a sketch is they typically press down to hard with their pencil thus creating a dark line and an indention in the paper. This will not only be hard to erase later on but may damage the paper because of the indention created. Start your sketch with a harder lead pencil or just not press down to hard when youโ€™re doing the rough outline. Use basic shapes if you have a hard time drawing an object. When first learning how to sketch, most have a hard time getting the sketch to look like what they are drawing. One way to get your sketch started is to break down the drawing using basic shapes like so," Tanna picked up the chalk and drew an oval with four straight lines: three horizontal to depict the eye, nose, and mouth region while one going vertical to split the oval in half. She then drew a series of squares, rectangles and small ovals to depict eyes, nose, mouth, and ears.
"Another important measure to keep in mind is to visualize how you want your final drawing to look on your paper before starting your sketch in order to avoid coming too close to the edge of the paper or even worse, running out of room. Visually lay out how you want the sketch to look on paper then lightly draw the outline making sure to stay within an imaginary border. And finally, and most importantly, take your time when sketching. There is no time limit when it comes to creativity. I know sometimes you might get stuck, kind of like writers block, so instead of getting frustrated and feeling like youโ€™re on some kind of schedule walk away โ€“ take a break. Come back when you feel better and if you still canโ€™t get past that roadblock, set your sketch to the side and come back to it at a later date.
For the remainder of class I'd like you to do a basic sketch of your face and for homework I'd like you to find something, anything or anyone at all, to do a basic sketch over. The homework isn't graded its merely a tool to enable better understanding of what we do in class. When you're finished you may leave it behind or take it with you and leave."

Arkendrai

murruelecreuset

Diamond Wales

[Wearing: Teaching] [With: Students] [Where: Art Classroom] [Feeling: Excited] [Thinking: New year new hope!] [OOC: If you are quoted your students are registered in this class and you must post them at least once or house points will be taken unless you're posted as absent.]

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:49 am
User Image

User ImageUser Image Location: Art (Monday 10:00am - 11:00am)

Alice had been looking forward to this art class practically all summer. The idea of sketching and making something look visual appealing to the human eye really interested the brunette. Sadly the history of it was never her strong suit. Luckily she'd dropped muggle art and stuck with the practical aspect of it. Taking a seat in class Alice swung her legs back and forth (as she was unable to touch the ground). She took minimal notes before getting to work on the sketch of herself she was required to do. As she did she began to think of what she should sketch for her homework... maybe Jasper. Either way it would definitely be fun.

With: Class

Wearing: Hufflepuff Uniform

OOC: ---

Positive and optimistic,
Kind as well,
You should do well here...
Hufflepuff!

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

stitchkin babe

Timid Genius

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:59 am
x
x
x
x

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

x
                                    โ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆxx โ„“ฮตxฮนฮทฮต vฮฑฮทcฮต xxโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆxxxxjust because you don't understand something doesn't mean it's nonsense.

Fourth Year | | Fourteen | | Ravenclaw | | Single | | Half-Blood

Lexine walked into art class and quickly took a seat beside Alice. She took quick notes of the lesson before starting on her sketch. Her lines were a lot cleaner than they were the year before and she immediately knew she was right for practising over summer break. As she continued she tried to think of someone or something she could draw for her homework. Iรฑigo, maybe, of course who knew if he could sit still long enough to let her draw anything... She She shrugged internally and went back to sketching out her own face.

uniform x ooc :: - - -

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:44 pm

User Image
User Image

[Student List:
Alice Lancaster
Lexine Vance
Kenneth Lowery]

Tanna walked into her classroom practically skipping from her great start of the new year. She went over to her chalkboard to write Sketching Techniques in her familiar curly script.
"Welcome back, I hope you all had a great first week of classes. Now, last week we went over basic lines and figures so now we're moving on to technique. A good tip before we begin is to always make the outline light to start with. Use a soft lead pencil to draw the initial sketch with very light outlines. Use minimal pressure and make your lines just heavy enough so that you can see them. With light lines you can erase without leaving deep indentations in your paper. This is a nice little drawing technique trick to help you just in case you make a mistake or have to adjust something โ€“ which I guarantee you will. Now there are 5 excellent techniques to basic sketching:
Arkendrai

murruelecreuset

Diamond Wales

[Wearing: Teaching] [With: Students] [Where: Art Classroom] [Feeling: Excited] [Thinking: Let's keep the ball rolling!] [OOC: If you are quoted your students are registered in this class and you must post them at least once or house points will be taken unless you're posted as absent.]

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

stitchkin babe

Timid Genius

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:24 pm
x
x
x
x

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

x
                                    โ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆxx โ„“ฮตxฮนฮทฮต vฮฑฮทcฮต xxโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆxxxxjust because you don't understand something doesn't mean it's nonsense.

Fourth Year | | Fourteen | | Ravenclaw | | Dating Iรฑigo | | Half-Blood | | Seeker

Lexine walked into art quickly and sat down, rather tired from staying up late that night. She had nearly fallen asleep on her breakfast that morning. However, she was more awake than she had been in Potions, and was ready to begin drawing. As soon as Professor Hawthorne let them go on their own Lexine began contemplating what to do. Drawing motion would be easier sitting somewhere outside, maybe even watching a Quidditch game, so she was going to save that one for later. Drawing with a grid was rather easy, after all she'd been doing it for a while now. There wasn't a doubt in her mind that she could finish that one up quickly, plus she had no one to really draw in the classroom. She could always ask to draw Professor Hawthorne, but decided she'd rather just draw someone while sitting in the common room, she just felt awkward going up to a teacher. Drawing in a continuous line was going to be... interesting, to say the least, so Lexine decided to leave that one to her dorm, she really didn't want others to see what that was going to look like, other that the Professor, of course. The only two that were left were drawing contours and blind drawing. Lexine began her blind drawings first resulting in a bit of laughter. They basically just looked like lines and loops strewn about, something she'd definitely be working on. She then began her contour drawings, no doubt much like the continuous line drawings were going to be. She attempted to draw a vase that was set in the room, however, no matter how hard she tried it didn't look very good. Either way, Lexine continued alternating between the two types of drawings attempting to make at least one of them look good. Of course, Lexine was getting quite the kick out of some of the drawings that she was making.

uniform x ooc :: - - -

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:35 pm
User Image

User ImageUser Image Location: Art (Monday 10:00am - 11:00am)

Alice walked into art with Lexine after potions. Taking a seat she was excited like always for her favourite class. Sketching was her past time so to do it for a grade me things super awesome. Writing notes, the Hufflepuff honestly knew she sucked at it but tried her best. When told what theyโ€™d be doing Alice thought about her options.

Sheโ€™d done blind drawing before so Alice figured sheโ€™d leave that for later, and then she figured she could draw motion later as well. Looking at the other three Alice decided to go with using a grid and drawing a continuous line, two techniques that were pretty simple. Drawing away Alice hummed to herself happily. Making sure to write down the ones sheโ€™d be doing after class Alice couldnโ€™t wait to catch Jasper in the act.

With: Class

Wearing: Hufflepuff Uniform

OOC: ---

Positive and optimistic,
Kind as well,
You should do well here...
Hufflepuff!

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:52 pm

User Image
User Image

[Student List:
Alice Lancaster
Lexine Vance
Kenneth Lowery]

Tanna walked into her now familiar classroom with her also familiar grin on her face. Seeing her students were all accounted for she walked over to her chalkboard and wrote out Sketching enchantments. Turning to face the class she looked over at one of her NEWT students, standing off to the side of the classroom looking uncomfortable, making eye contact to ensure they understood when she would need help before starting. "Hello again students, I've been so impressed by you sketches and exercises over the past few weeks and as you can see I've hung a few of my favorites on the walls." she gestured to hung sketches from each pupil in the class before continuing. "Today we finally get into the magic behind art, enchanting your artwork. You don't get into enchanting portraits and statues until after your OWL's I'm afraid but you do get something equally fun with your sketches. But you can't just draw and expect it to work, it needs to balanced and placed in perfect perspective for it to work else you'd have a clumsy and very odd piece of art.
And finally, the fourth and last step is the imagine the the movements that you want, the story if you will, lightly tap your sketch with your wand and speak the incantation: Concio. Since I don't own a wand I've asked one of my NEWT students to come in and help. Would you be so kind?"
Tanna looked imploringly at her student who blushed at being placed in attention but stood and walked over to her before they were handed a drawn sketch. As per tradition, it was a sketch of her current Art class with her two girls together sitting down smiling and waving while her single boy stood off to the side trying to act as though he didn't want to be in the picture and only when one wasn't looking would he give a small almost wicked smirk. With a smile the young professor hung her now animated sketch (gently of course, wouldn't want to disrupt the teens), on the center wall of her classroom before turning back towards the class.
Arkendrai

murruelecreuset

Diamond Wales

[Wearing: Teaching] [With: Students] [Where: Art Classroom] [Feeling: Excited] [Thinking: Let's keep the ball rolling!] [OOC: If you are quoted your students are registered in this class and you must post them at least once or house points will be taken unless you're posted as absent.]

Fourth Year Classes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff