Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Fifth Year Classes
Art III~ Open- First Lesson Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:20 am
A sincere artist is not one who makes a
faithful attempt to put on to canvas
what is in front of him, but one who tries to create something
which is,in itself, a living thing.

User Image
User Image

[Student List]
Kenneth Lowery
Lexine Vance
Alice Lancaster

Tanna waited in her art classroom giving a smile to her small class. She hadn't been that surprised to see so few students in the higher Arts but she was very impressed by the determination and skill that they both displayed. That thought in mind she went over to the chalkboard to write Painting enchantments before turning back towards the small class and clapping happily.
"Alright, welcome again and I'm very excited for this class, and I'm sure you will be as well. We've gone over everything you had concerns over from previous classes, colors and their overlapping properties, and of course techniques. Now it's time to put it all together! Today we'll be using a simple and relatively easy painting enchantment to make whatever you paint today move.
If you can remember the sketching enchantment, concio then know that the technique for that is relatively similar to this one. Paint your background, moving or non-moving, your moving subject, and your creative plot. Unlike the sketching one however, a paints enchantments are fuller more..personal. Sketches are lines and shadings put on parchment, painting takes time and measured critical strokes. In the old days painting truly did take blood, sweat, and tears it's why there are so many different painting enchantments. The one we're using today is the generalized one but takes the most focus because of it's generalization. That's the main reason most wait until their fifth or sixth year to try. Once you have completed your painting take your wand and hold it as close to the painting as you can and speak these words very clearly while imaging your desired effect: pingunt in vitam. If you need me, you know where to find me!"

Diamond Wales

murruelecreuset

Arkendrai

Quote:

[Wearing Teaching] [With: Students] [Where: Art Classroom] [Feeling: Excited and slightly bloated] [Thinking: Onward!] [OOC:]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:56 am
User Image

User ImageUser Image Location: Art (Friday 8:00am - 9:00am)

Alice had regrettable missed her class the following week. She'd been feeling down these past few days. Despite not feeling any better she made herself go to class. Hopefully she could make up the lesson she missed. With art it was hard sometimes to come to class and do your best when you just didn't have any inspiration. Maybe she could ask Lexine what they did either way she was there in class and as ready as ready could be.

Painting enchantments... sounded fun. So they were making their stuff move, Honestly Alice was happy about learning that. Luckily she could let it show since when she walked into the room it clearly didn't. Now her only problem was getting some artistic inspiration so that she could make a painting and then make it move. Regardless if all else failed she could just paint something sad but that wasn't a very good outlet.

With: class...

Wearing: Hufflepuff Uniform

OOC: ---

Positive and optimistic,
Kind as well,
You should do well here...
Hufflepuff!

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

stitchkin babe

Timid Genius

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:10 pm
x
x
x
x

User Image

x
                                    ████████████████xx ℓεxιηε vαηcε xx███████xxxxlessons in life will be repeated until they are learned.

Fifth Year Prefect | | Fifteen | | Ravenclaw | | Dating Iñigo | | Half-Blood | | Seeker

They were going to be creating moving paintings this time around, which just made Lexine excited. She honestly couldn't wait for the lesson to begin. She listened closely and took careful notes as Professor Hawthrone lectured them, and as soon as she was done, Lexine got started. She carefully painted out a girl sitting alone on a bench. She was a beautiful young girl looking out over into the unseen park with an oversized hat sitting atop her head. Behind her, bushes grew rampant with flowers. She looked happy. As soon as Lexine was done, she pointed her wand close to the painting and murmured "Pingunt in Vitam," Imagining exactly what she wanted from her painting. When she looked up at it, wind seemed to blow gently, rustling the leaves and flowers of the bushes behind the girl. She smiled over at something off canvas, and held her had to her head as the wind blew. Lexine smiled at the girl, pleased that she'd been able to do it on her first try.

uniform x ooc :: - - -

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 10:20 am

User Image
User Image

¤ Artist ¤ Married ¤ Mother of Two

Class List:
Ariana Elwood
Eugene Windsor
Celaena Snow

Tanna set up her classroom in the first few weeks she arrived back at the castle and was now waiting on the corner of her desk for her new set of Fifth Years. She had been thoroughly impressed by how well each year was progressing and was eagerly awaiting this year. This was also they're OWL year, so she was a bit nervous but had faith they would do fine. Seeing them arrive she greeted them with a smile and waited for them to take their seats before she began. "Hello and welcome to Art III. To start the class I'd like to start the year off a bit tame, we'll be learning about the color wheel today." She walked over to her chalkboard where a perfectly drawn circle with various colors were drawn onto it. "A Color Wheel or color circle is an abstract illustrative organization of color hues around a circle that shows relationships between primary colors, secondary colors, complementary colors,etc. In a paint or subtractive color wheel, the "center of gravity" is usually (but not always) black, representing all colors of light being absorbed; in a color circle, on the other hand, the center is white or gray, indicating a mixture of different wavelengths of light (all wavelengths, or two complementary colors, for example).
The arrangement of colors around the color circle is often considered to be in correspondence with the wavelengths of light, as opposed to hues, in accord with the original color circle of Isaac Newton. Modern color circles include the purples, however, between red and violet. The typical artists' paint or pigment color wheel includes the blue, red, and yellow primary colors. The corresponding secondary colors are green, orange, and violet or purple. The tertiary colors are red–orange, red–violet, yellow–orange, yellow–green, blue–violet and blue–green.
There is no straight-line relationship between colors mixed in pigment, which vary from medium to medium. As such, a painter's color wheel is indicative rather than predictive, being used to compare existing colors rather than calculate exact colors of mixtures. Because of differences relating to the medium, different color wheels can be created according to the type of paint or other medium used, and many artists make their own individual color wheels. These often contain only blocks of color rather than the gradation between tones that is characteristic of the color circle.
For today I'd like you to create a personal color wheel using the primary colors of Blue, Red, Yellow, and White. Create the color combinations to reflect you and what you like to reflect in your art."
Tanna grinned out over the class. She hoped she hadn't scared them.

Arkendrai

Jade Galaksylph

shabatha

[Wearing: Teaching] [With: Students] [Where: Art Classroom] [Feeling: Excited] [Thinking: New year, new hopes] [OOC:]

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 6:31 am
User Image

◥ ♒ ✖ ♒ Eugene "Jean" Windsor ♒ ✖ ♒ ◤

Ravenclaw Fifth Year Half-Blood Scottish Accent

User Image

I wish I had covered all my tracks completely cause I'm so afraid
Is that the light at the far end of the tunnel or just the train?
Lift your arms only heaven knows, where the danger grows
And it's safe to say there's a bright light up ahead and help is on the way

-------- ✦ I forget the last time I felt brave, I just recall insecurity ✦ --------

Eugene loved this subject very much, because it's art. Not only that, it made him quite interested about how Painting enchantments were done, even though he generally didn't mind whether it''s moving or not. So they were told to make their own color wheel for their plate? Nice. He brought out his small sketchbook and began making one for his piece of art. He supposed shades of green, brown, and blue would work nice. Ranges from green to blue looked cool and smooth, especially jade green and teal. Brown matched them well, too. He supposed this would be at least enjoyable if he would do this with acrylic, because watercolour hated him so much.

-------- Cause it came down like a tidal wave, and sorrow swept over me --------

Depression, please cut to the chase and cut a long story short
Oh please be done. How much longer can this drama afford to run?
Fate looks sharp, severs all my ties and breaks whatever doesn't bend
But sadly then, all my heavy hopes just pull me back down again

With: Fifth Years, Professor Ellis
Attire: Uniform

Username

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 7:25 pm

User Image
User Image

Class List:
Ariana Elwood
Eugene Windsor
Celaena Snow

Tanna walked excitedly back into her classroom and waited on the edge of her desk for her students to file in before beginning. "Great jobs on your color wheels, very expressive and very insightful. This week we'll be learning proper painting techniques which is sort of difficult to go over. There are just so many types of paint and supplies that some techniques don't work well with certain types like it does with others. The painting mediums are oil, pastel, watercolor, acrylic, ink, hot wax, fresco, gouache, enamel, spray paint, tempera, and water miscible oil paint! So much fun and so little time..." she pouted a bit but put her smile right back on her face. "Oh well, we'll just have to make do. If you've noticed it or not I've placed the different mediums in different stations all around the room so you may try for yourself which ones you like but before that I do have a few techniques that seem to work well with either all or the majority.
Be precise but not picky. Some paints like watercolor are difficult because if you make a mistake you can't chip it off like you can for oil. However, you can repaint or blot over the area or just incorporate the mistake into your final presentation no one will notice! Painting is an expression not a doctrine.
Sketch it first. This may not always work, especially with spray paints and some water based paints but lightly sketching your desired product may help with either keeping that in mind or show you how to enhance it.
Finally, Take it easy take it slow. Painting is not a game of Quidditch, though the rewards can be just as great. Just like with sketching take your time, it will still be there if you decide to leave it for a while. Trust me." she chuckled thinking of all her unfinished paintings in the back."
Suddenly Tanna clapped and made shooing gestures towards the stations. "Go on go on! Take a look give it a shot."

Arkendrai

Jade Galaksylph

shabatha

[Wearing: Teaching] [With: Students] [Where: Art Classroom] [Feeling: Excited] [Thinking: Continuing on] [OOC:]

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 3:03 pm

User Image
User Image

Class List:
Ariana Elwood
Eugene Windsor
Celaena Snow

Tanna walked into her art classroom giving a smile to her small class. She hadn't been that surprised to see so few students in the higher Arts but she was very impressed by the determination and skill that they both displayed. That thought in mind she went over to the chalkboard to write Painting enchantments before turning back towards the small class and clapping happily.
"Alright, welcome again and I'm very excited for this class, and I'm sure you will be as well. We've gone over everything you had concerns over from previous classes, colors and their overlapping properties, and of course techniques. Now it's time to put it all together! Today we'll be using a simple and relatively easy painting enchantment to make whatever you paint today move.
If you can remember the sketching enchantment, Motconscripto then know that the technique for that is relatively similar to this one. Paint your background, moving or non-moving, your moving subject, and your creative plot. Unlike the sketching one however, a paints enchantments are fuller more..personal. Sketches are lines and shadings put on parchment, painting takes time and measured critical strokes. In the old days painting truly did take blood, sweat, and tears it's why there are so many different painting enchantments. The one we're using today is the generalized one but takes the most focus because of it's generalization. That's the main reason most wait until their fifth or sixth year to try. Once you have completed your painting take your wand and hold it as close to the painting as you can and speak these words very clearly while imaging your desired effect: Mobitabella. If you need me, you know where to find me!"

Arkendrai

Jade Galaksylph

shabatha

[Wearing: Teaching] [With: Students] [Where: Art Classroom] [Feeling: Excited] [Thinking: Continuing on] [OOC:]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:12 pm

User Image
User Image

Class List:
Persephone Tempest
Mira Mitchell
Seymour Benjamin Ryans
Emily Vanadeth
Nina Vienna
Kaitlyn Estan

Tanna set up her classroom in the first few weeks she arrived back at the castle and was now waiting on the corner of her desk for her new set of Fifth Years. She had been thoroughly impressed by how well each year was progressing and was eagerly awaiting this year. This was also they're OWL year, so she was a bit nervous but had faith they would do fine. Seeing them arrive she greeted them with a smile and waited for them to take their seats before she began. "Hello and welcome to Art III. To start the class I'd like to start the year off a bit tame, we'll be learning about the color wheel today." She walked over to her chalkboard where a perfectly drawn circle with various colors were drawn onto it. "A Color Wheel or color circle is an abstract illustrative organization of color hues around a circle that shows relationships between primary colors, secondary colors, complementary colors,etc. In a paint or subtractive color wheel, the "center of gravity" is usually (but not always) black, representing all colors of light being absorbed; in a color circle, on the other hand, the center is white or gray, indicating a mixture of different wavelengths of light (all wavelengths, or two complementary colors, for example).
The arrangement of colors around the color circle is often considered to be in correspondence with the wavelengths of light, as opposed to hues, in accord with the original color circle of Isaac Newton. Modern color circles include the purples, however, between red and violet. The typical artists' paint or pigment color wheel includes the blue, red, and yellow primary colors. The corresponding secondary colors are green, orange, and violet or purple. The tertiary colors are red–orange, red–violet, yellow–orange, yellow–green, blue–violet and blue–green.
There is no straight-line relationship between colors mixed in pigment, which vary from medium to medium. As such, a painter's color wheel is indicative rather than predictive, being used to compare existing colors rather than calculate exact colors of mixtures. Because of differences relating to the medium, different color wheels can be created according to the type of paint or other medium used, and many artists make their own individual color wheels. These often contain only blocks of color rather than the gradation between tones that is characteristic of the color circle.
For today I'd like you to create a personal color wheel using the primary colors of Blue, Red, Yellow, and White. Create the color combinations to reflect you and what you like to reflect in your art."

Cara MiaKitty

shabatha

murruelecreuset

mc2

[Wearing: Teaching] [With: Students] [Where: Art Classroom] [Feeling: Excited] [Thinking: New Year!] [OOC:]

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:33 pm
User Image
User Image

User Image Location: Art - Friday @ 8:00am

Mira headed to art class and instantly thought about how great a Friday morning could start. Taking a seat she remembered this was the only class with Benjamin that she didn't have to hide that she might not mind the Slytherin. Oddly enough they had more in common than the middle Mitchell let on. Of course she started to wonder if he'd show up on time seeing as it was bright and early in the morning.

Taking out her notebook, Mira began taking notes when class got underway. She figured if anything she could have decent notes for Benjamin just in case. He didn't need to blackmail her in order for her to help in out. After the lecture part of the class was over they were to start on personalized color wheels. Figuring blues and greens were her colors she worked off of that. She hemmed and hawed at the idea of added in some red and eventually found herself adding a bit of her most disliked color or rather part of herself.

User Image

With: Class... Professor Hawthorne

Wearing: Slytherin Uniform

Spice the Rat

Anger and resentment,
A dark path you tread,
I would be careful, young one,
But, I know where you belong...
Slytherin!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:56 am

User Image
User Image

Class List:
Persephone Tempest
Mira Mitchell
Seymour Benjamin Ryans
Emily Vanadeth
Nina Vienna
Kaitlyn Estan

Tanna walked excitedly back into her classroom and waited on the edge of her desk for her students to file in before beginning. "Great jobs on your color wheels, very expressive and very insightful. This week we'll be learning proper painting techniques which is sort of difficult to go over. There are just so many types of paint and supplies that some techniques don't work well with certain types like it does with others. The painting mediums are oil, pastel, watercolor, acrylic, ink, hot wax, fresco, gouache, enamel, spray paint, tempera, and water miscible oil paint! So much fun and so little time..." she pouted a bit but put her smile right back on her face. "Oh well, we'll just have to make do. If you've noticed it or not I've placed the different mediums in different stations all around the room so you may try for yourself which ones you like but before that I do have a few techniques that seem to work well with either all or the majority.
Be precise but not picky. Some paints like watercolor are difficult because if you make a mistake you can't chip it off like you can for oil. However, you can repaint or blot over the area or just incorporate the mistake into your final presentation no one will notice! Painting is an expression not a doctrine.
Sketch it first. This may not always work, especially with spray paints and some water based paints but lightly sketching your desired product may help with either keeping that in mind or show you how to enhance it.
Finally, Take it easy take it slow. Painting is not a game of Quidditch, though the rewards can be just as great. Just like with sketching take your time, it will still be there if you decide to leave it for a while. Trust me." she chuckled thinking of all her unfinished paintings in the back."
Suddenly Tanna clapped and made shooing gestures towards the stations. "Go on go on! Take a look give it a shot."

Cara MiaKitty

shabatha

murruelecreuset

mc2

[Wearing: Teaching] [With: Students] [Where: Art Classroom] [Feeling: Excited] [Thinking: Continuing on!] [OOC:]

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:30 pm
User Image
User Image

Mira walked into art class and got ready for a fun day of art. She took a seat paid close attention to what was around the room. After the techniques they could use, which Mira took the liberty to write down she began to wonder what to do first. So many options and there really wasn't enough time to do them all. Well she'd always wanted to try watercolors. With a smile she went over to give it a go, worst case scenario it would be terrible. Although she doubted it. Luckily art was one of her strong suits.

User Image

Spice the Rat

Anger and resentment,
A dark path you tread,
Slytherin!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:12 am

User Image
User Image

Class List:
Persephone Tempest
Mira Mitchell
Seymour Benjamin Ryans
Emily Vanadeth
Nina Vienna
Kaitlyn Estan

Tanna walked into her art classroom giving a smile to her small class. She hadn't been that surprised to see so few students in the higher Arts but she was very impressed by the determination and skill that they both displayed. That thought in mind she went over to the chalkboard to write Painting enchantments before turning back towards the small class and clapping happily.
If you can remember the sketching enchantment, Motconscripto then know that the technique for that is relatively similar to this one. Paint your background, moving or non-moving, your moving subject, and your creative plot. Unlike the sketching one however, a paints enchantments are fuller more..personal. Sketches are lines and shadings put on parchment, painting takes time and measured critical strokes. In the old days painting truly did take blood, sweat, and tears it's why there are so many different painting enchantments. The one we're using today is the generalized one but takes the most focus because of it's generalization. That's the main reason most wait until their fifth or sixth year to try. Once you have completed your painting take your wand and hold it as close to the painting as you can and speak these words very clearly while imaging your desired effect: Mobitabella. If you need me, you know where to find me!"

Cara MiaKitty

shabatha

murruelecreuset

mc2

[Wearing: Teaching] [With: Students] [Where: Art Classroom] [Feeling: Excited] [Thinking: Continuing on!] [OOC:]

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 12:19 pm
User Image
User Image

Mira was once again in art class and didn’t mind being there. It was relaxing and something that didn’t really require a wand to do it. However, Mira wondered if she would continue. She figured she would but it all depended on her grade on her OWL exam. Sitting in class though she listened to how you make paintings move. She was wondering about this. They did sketches but that wasn’t as great as actual paintings. Then again Mira wasn’t much of a painter to begin with. Regardless she sat there and got to work painting a butterfly. A purple one in fact and it reminded her of that time when she was with Timothy at the museum. That seemed like forever ago and yet she could remember it like it was yesterday. When it seemed perfect Mira took her wand out. “Mobitabella.” She said pointing her wand at the painting as she thought about it moving. Just like the butterflies at the museum it began to move. Smiling she was definitely keeping this one and putting it in her room.

User Image

Spice the Rat

Anger and resentment,
A dark path you tread,
Slytherin!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:08 pm

User Image
User Image

Class List:
Feather Snow
Victoria Macclellan

The arrangement of colors around the color circle is often considered to be in correspondence with the wavelengths of light, as opposed to hues, in accord with the original color circle of Isaac Newton, a muggle scientist. Modern color circles include the purples, however, between red and violet. The typical artists' paint or pigment color wheel includes the blue, red, and yellow primary colors. The corresponding secondary colors are green, orange, and violet or purple. The tertiary colors are red–orange, red–violet, yellow–orange, yellow–green, blue–violet and blue–green.

The Shiny Furret

shabatha

[Wearing: Teaching] [With: Students] [Where: Art Classroom] [Feeling: Excited] [Thinking: New year, new hopes] [OOC:]

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 3:45 pm

User Image
User Image

Class List:
Feather Snow
Victoria Macclellan

The Shiny Furret

shabatha

Fifth Year Classes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff