Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Sixth Year Classes
Art IV~ Open- First Lesson Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:01 pm
User Image
User Image

User Image Location: Art - Monday @ 9:00am

Mira walked into her first class of the year and only class of the day, art. It was a nice class to have not long after breakfast. Taking a seat in her usual spot the Slytherin waited for what would be her one class with Benjamin. She wouldn’t have a single person staring at her for being around him and she could talk to him like a normal person. Mira did consider Benjamin a friend and despite the dislike Wendy might have for that she continued to feel the way she did. With Benjamin having no idea he was even related to her redheaded friend it seemed stupid to her anyways.

Turning her attention to Professor Hawthorne Mira listened to the day’s agenda. They were covering sculpting an artistic talent that the Slytherin never gave much thought to aside from at the museum. Always time to learn. Listening to the lecture, Mira took down all the different sculpting mediums that were mentioned. Once she was finished taking down notes, she got up and walked around the room. Clay was probably the easiest to work with but she wasn’t quite sure just yet which she wanted to work with.

User Image

With: Class...

Wearing: Slytherin Uniform

OOC: ---

Spice the Rat

Anger and resentment,
A dark path you tread,
I would be careful, young one,
But, I know where you belong...
Slytherin!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:04 am
User ImagexSeymour Benjamin Ryansxxxxx
xxxx<6th Year><Single: Morven's b***h. Deal with it.>
My watch broke last week <2031-2032>
And I don't need directions to know I'm < in Art Class >
And an FYI, looking this Awesome is an art!
------------------------------------------------------------------------xx
                                            Benjamin loved art and actually paid attention and likely put the most work in the subject than any of his others. As a result he had a certain fondness for the squib who taught the class. Taking a seat next to Mira, Benjamin decided to focus on his most important tasks first, that was finding someone to take his notes for him. "Mira, did I tell you how lovely you look today. And how kind you are..." Benjamin said with a smirk, "And how if you are so kind as to help a poor stupid soul like me I would love to help you out in any way you need... blackmail... favors within reason... whatever..." He smirked at Mira and his attention turned to Professor Hawthorne as she introduced the subject of sculpture. Listening he was tempted by wax to make a model of himself and then jokingly give it to Morven who would no doubt destroy it but her expression might make the work worth the effort. As he pondered it he got up after the lecture and considered what other sculpting medias he would also favor beyond a great medium for joke art work.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

{OoC: }
                                            murruelecreuset

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:06 pm
User Image
User Image

As soon as Benjamin opened his mouth Mira knew exactly what he wanted. All she could do was smile as she listened to him talk. “Benjamin, I know what you want and flattery will get you nowhere.” She told him glancing over at him. “Thank you for the compliment though.” She added with a smirk before turning her attention to Professor Hawthorne. Taking her notes she knew he wanted them. Then again who wouldn’t want her notes? When the lecture was over she walked around the room before finding herself next to her housemate. “Would I be wrong to assume that you want a copy of my notes?” She asked looking over at Benjamin like she was still deciding on rather to make a copy or not.

User Image

With: Class... Benjamin

Spice the Rat

mc2

Anger and resentment,
A dark path you tread,
Slytherin!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:15 pm
User ImagexSeymour Benjamin Ryansxxxxx
xxxx<6th Year><Single: Morven's b***h. Deal with it.>
My watch broke last week <2031-2032>
And I don't need directions to know I'm < in Art Class >
And an FYI, looking this Awesome is an art!
------------------------------------------------------------------------xx
                                            Benjamin rolled his eyes at Mira's response and smirk when he asked for his notes. Though he had taken some notes they were quite lacking. He was sure Mira would warm up, as she had done other years, to his proposal. When Mira walked up to him after class he grinned, "Now why would you think that? Okay, I totally want a copy. I mean I took some notes just in case, but I'm a bit out of practice with good note taking. So, my lovely lady what is it you want in return?"

------------------------------------------------------------------------

{OoC: }
                                            murruelecreuset

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:08 am
User Image
User Image

“Because you always do...” Was Mira’s response to why she could fathom he wanted her notes. It wasn’t hard to figure out with him, this was Benjamin they were talking about here. He did little to no work in hopes someone would do it for him. Of course it didn’t take long for him to admit he did. Now the question was what did she want to do for them? Sadly Mira wasn’t the blackmailing type. Although, perhaps she could try, suggesting something. “I don’t want anything. Unless you, not being your annoying self counts.” She told him jokingly. “But seriously, if you could do anything for me it would be to lay off treating Morven like a piece of meat.” She answered him with a more serious tone. “Not that I’m telling you two what to do, I mean you want to go at it in a broom closet be my guest. Just save my eyes from having to see it.” She finished as she glanced at another medium idea. The last thing Mira wanted to do was make it seem like she actually cared. Then again maybe if she did people might actually like her.

User Image

With: Class... Benjamin

Spice the Rat

mc2

Anger and resentment,
A dark path you tread,
Slytherin!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 3:46 pm
A sincere artist is not one who makes a
faithful attempt to put on to canvas
what is in front of him, but one who tries to create something
which is,in itself, a living thing.

User Image
User Image

¤ Artist ¤ Married ¤ Mother of Two

Class List:
Persephone Tempest
Mira Mitchell
Seymour Benjamin Ryans
Nina Vienna
Emily Vanadeth
Kaitlyn Estan

Tanna walked back into the classroom with a slight skip still excited from the first few weeks of class and especially with working with older students. It was just so exciting! "Hello hello! I hope everyone is happy with their chosen medium or mediums, now on to the basics! There are four basic techniques usable by all mediums:
Carving: Carving involves cutting or chipping away a shape from a mass of stone, wood, or other hard material. Carving is a subtractive process whereby material is systematically eliminated from the outside in.
Casting: Sculptures that are cast are made from a material that is melted down—usually a metal—that is then poured into a mold. The mold is allowed to cool, thereby hardening the metal, usually bronze. Casting is an additive process.
Modeling: Modeled sculptures are created when a soft or malleable material (such as clay) is built up (sometimes over an armature) and shaped to create a form. Modeling is an additive process.
Assembling: Sculptors gather and join different materials to create an assembled sculpture. Assembling is an additive process.
Now just like last time there are different stations for the different mediums so start playing around with the items...err, the safer ones I mean. If you're not comfortable with fire or carving just yet I'd move on. Have fun and please don't hesitate to ask questions!

Cara MiaKitty

shabatha

mc2

murruelecreuset

[Wearing: Teaching] [With: Students] [Where: Art Classroom] [Feeling: Excited] [Thinking: Continuing on] [OOC:]

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:07 pm
User Image
User Image

Mira had made a copy of her notes and given them to Benjamin shortly after their class the week prior. Like last week the Slytherin arrived to class on time and ready to take notes or whatever else they’d be doing. With everything set in front of her Mira waited for Professor Hawthorne to begin the class. Once class got started the blonde began writing down the four basic techniques. Honestly she knew Benjamin would want these notes as well and she was slightly prepared to hand them over. They were friends she supposed and friends helped friends. Even if they didn’t know how to take proper notes.

Mira wrote down each of the four techniques: carving, casting, modeling, and assembling. She figured art and wandmaking when hand in hand. How else did you make a wand shape? Either way Mira was interested in working with wood as an art form. It certainly played well with her interests. Luckily after all the notetaking Mira was happy to hear she’d get to do just that. Going over she sat down and decided to get to it. Figuring out how to get this carving thing down she went to work allowing the wood to speak to her. Not that she’d admit it but eventually it might tell her what it wanted to become in a slight sort of way.

User Image

With: Class...

Spice the Rat

Anger and resentment,
A dark path you tread,
Slytherin!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 3:25 pm

User Image
User Image

Class List:
Victoria Macclellan

Tanna set up her classroom in the first few weeks she arrived back at the castle and was now waiting on the corner of her desk for her new set of Sixth Years. Seeing them arrive she greeted them with a smile and waited for them to take their seats before she began. "Hello and welcome to Art IV and congratulations on your excellent OWL scores! To start the class I thought we'd like to do a bit of background before the fun begins. As you know this year will be about sculpting so before we jump right in, lets learn about the different mediums." She went over to her chalkboard and began to write out the different sculpture types before turning to face her small class.
"Sculpture is a wide branch of art encompassing many different kinds of three-dimensional work. They can be designed for outdoor usage in a garden or public display or exclusively for indoors. Artists can make sculptures from anything at hand, including sand, food and recyclables. However the main mediums are:
Clay: a versatile medium in sculpting. It can be the medium to build a finished product, or to make molds for other media. Clay sculptures include small objects that need to be fired in a kiln.
Steel: welded together can create large or small sculptures. Sculptors create public art form steel as well as artistic candle holders and table top displays.
Stone: People have carved stone for centuries to create sculptures. Italian artist Michelangelo chiseled a piece of marble into the 17-foot statue of David.
Wax: Wax museums feature realistic models of famous people created from wax. Beeswax can be carved with the same tools as clay or wood.
Glass: Artists can blow heated glass to create sculptures. Broken shards of glass can also be fused to build sculptures, with or without the addition of other sculpture media.
Ice: Ice carvings can be elaborate pieces of functional art as seen in the ice hotels of Sweden or Quebec. Smaller blocks of ice also become decorative centerpiece sculptures for weddings or other events.
Wood: Artists carve wood into sculptures. Some artists carve exclusively with a chain saw to create elaborate wooden sculptures while others use more precise tools to carve and shape the wood. Wood also often serves as a base for other sculpted material.
Recycled Material: Artists can create assemblage art from discarded materials. Artists have used automobile parts, broken clocks, household items and tools to build sculptures of all sizes.
And finally, Food: Chocolate sculptures are temporary pieces of art that can serve as centerpieces for special events. Food sculptor Jim Victor has used butter, pepperoni, peanut brittle and cheese to create statues.
Now for today I'd like you to take a look around at the different sculptures and mediums I have placed around the classroom and find the one you think you'd most be interested in working with. Also, by the by, I know how much chocolate I have stashed in case anyone decides to get any ideas."
Tanna chuckled.

The Shiny Furret

[Wearing: Teaching] [With: Students] [Where: Art Classroom] [Feeling: Excited] [Thinking: Starting fresh!] [OOC:]

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:19 pm

User Image
User Image

Class List:
Victoria Macclellan

Tanna walked back into the classroom with a slight skip still excited over teaching an upper level. It was just so exciting! "Hello hello! I hope everyone is happy with their chosen medium or mediums, now on to the basics! There are four basic techniques usable by all mediums:
Carving: Carving involves cutting or chipping away a shape from a mass of stone, wood, or other hard material. Carving is a subtractive process whereby material is systematically eliminated from the outside in.
Casting: Sculptures that are cast are made from a material that is melted down—usually a metal—that is then poured into a mold. The mold is allowed to cool, thereby hardening the metal, usually bronze. Casting is an additive process.
Modeling: Modeled sculptures are created when a soft or malleable material (such as clay) is built up (sometimes over an armature) and shaped to create a form. Modeling is an additive process.
Assembling: Sculptors gather and join different materials to create an assembled sculpture. Assembling is an additive process.
Now just like last time there are different stations for the different mediums so start playing around with the items...err, the safer ones I mean. If you're not comfortable with fire or carving just yet I'd move on. Have fun and please don't hesitate to ask questions!

The Shiny Furret

[Wearing: Teaching] [With: Students] [Where: Art Classroom] [Feeling: Excited] [Thinking: Starting fresh!] [OOC:]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:37 am
User Image

User Image
                                                                  ╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍ ╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍

Tori hurried into her Art class, one of her favorites. She waved a hello to Professor Hawthorne and took her seat, preparing for the lecture and probable open study that would follow. During the last class, she had decided to choose glass as her medium, despite the obvious dangers. She wasn't the best with danger, but she would give it her best shot and try not to catch the school on fire. Perhaps her professor would assist her when it came to actually blowing the glass and playing around with the fire. That would be helpful, she thought. Standing to look over the different mediums, like she did in the last class, Tori chose to mess around with the clay. Sure, it would get her hands messy, but it was fun! She could clean them after she was done and hopefully not have any stuck in her fingernails.

╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍ ╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍
                                                                  ƓRƳƑƑǀƝƊOR SǀXƬH ƳƐAR ƤƦЄƑЄƇƬ xx
                                                                  MAƊAM MALƘǀƝS ǀƝƬƐRƝ .xxxxxxxxx

Armed with an attitude that she knows how to use, she's gonna get there any way she can.
                                                                  Now she knows what she wants. No one is gonna stop her. Nothing's ever gonna hold her back.
                                                                  That girl was a one time teenage drama queen, a hot, tough everyday wannabee.
                                                                  But she'll have changed her destiny. Now she's a somebody.
                                                                  That girl was a wild child dreamer but she'll find herself.
                                                                  'Cause she believes in nothin' else, and you'll look back,
                                                                  and you won't believe, that girl was me.

The Shiny Furret

Merry Muse

4,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 11:07 am
Three little birds sat on my window.
And they told me I don't need to worry.
Summer came like cinnamon
So sweet,
Little girls double-dutch on the concrete.

User Image
User Image

Class List:
Selina Grey

Tanna set up her classroom in the first few weeks she arrived back at the castle and was now waiting on the corner of her desk for her new set of Sixth Years. Seeing them arrive she greeted them with a smile and waited for them to take their seats before she began. "Hello and welcome to Art IV and congratulations on your excellent OWL scores! To start the class I thought we'd like to do a bit of background before the fun begins. As you know this year will be about sculpting so before we jump right in, lets learn about the different mediums." She went over to her chalkboard and began to write out the different sculpture types before turning to face her small class.
"Sculpture is a wide branch of art encompassing many different kinds of three-dimensional work. They can be designed for outdoor usage in a garden or public display or exclusively for indoors. Artists can make sculptures from anything at hand, including sand, food and recyclables. However the main mediums are:
Clay: a versatile medium in sculpting. It can be the medium to build a finished product, or to make molds for other media. Clay sculptures include small objects that need to be fired in a kiln.
Steel: welded together can create large or small sculptures. Sculptors create public art form steel as well as artistic candle holders and table top displays.
Stone: People have carved stone for centuries to create sculptures. Italian artist Michelangelo chiseled a piece of marble into the 17-foot statue of David.
Wax: Wax museums feature realistic models of famous people created from wax. Beeswax can be carved with the same tools as clay or wood.
Glass: Artists can blow heated glass to create sculptures. Broken shards of glass can also be fused to build sculptures, with or without the addition of other sculpture media.
Ice: Ice carvings can be elaborate pieces of functional art as seen in the ice hotels of Sweden or Quebec. Smaller blocks of ice also become decorative centerpiece sculptures for weddings or other events.
Wood: Artists carve wood into sculptures. Some artists carve exclusively with a chain saw to create elaborate wooden sculptures while others use more precise tools to carve and shape the wood. Wood also often serves as a base for other sculpted material.
Recycled Material: Artists can create assemblage art from discarded materials. Artists have used automobile parts, broken clocks, household items and tools to build sculptures of all sizes.
And finally, Food: Chocolate sculptures are temporary pieces of art that can serve as centerpieces for special events. Food sculptor Jim Victor has used butter, pepperoni, peanut brittle and cheese to create statues.
Now for today I'd like you to take a look around at the different sculptures and mediums I have placed around the classroom and find the one you think you'd most be interested in working with. Also, by the by, I know how much chocolate I have stashed in case anyone decides to get any ideas."
Tanna chuckled.

Girl, put your records on, tell me your favourite song
You go ahead, let your hair down
Sapphire and faded jeans, I hope you get your dreams,
Just go ahead, let your hair down.

[Wearing: Wearing] [With: Students] [Where: Classroom] [Feeling: Excited] [Thinking: First day!] [OOC:]

Graydon Ironshield

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 10:08 am
User Image
                                                          And you don't seem the lying kind
                                                          A shame you seemed an honest man
                                                          And all the fears you hold so dear

User Image

════════════════════════

Sixth Yᴇᴀʀ |Ⅵ| Rᴀᴠᴇɴᴄʟᴀᴡ Prefect |Ⅵ| Hᴀʟғ-Bʟᴏᴏᴅ

════════════════════════

Selina was accustomed to being the first student to arrive for a class, she generally made a point of being present to give her sufficient time to get ready without being rushed. With her classload, she learned early on not to put herself in a position of getting so stressed she couldn't function. However, it was a novel experience being the only student in a class; she was disappointed her boyfriend elected not to continue with the programme through NEWTs. It wasn't Selina's plan to be an artist or an art teacher, but she loved having the chance to express her creative urges.

Selina looked around at the various media, after taking down notes of the lecture on sculpting, smiling at the professor's reference to her stash of chocolate. Recalling the ice sculpture of an eagle she'd created at the start of her Charms class last term, she nosed around at the ice, as well as the clay; media she liked to mess about with.

════════════════════════
                                                          OOC: Taken by Layton Bannister
                                                          User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Will turn to whisper in your ear
                                                          and you know I don't mean to hurt you
                                                          But you know that it means so much
                                                          And you don't even feel a thing

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 8:13 pm
So sweet,

User Image
User Image

Class List:
Selina Grey

Tanna walked back into the classroom with a slight skip still excited over teaching an upper level. It was just so exciting! "Hello hello! I hope everyone is happy with their chosen medium or mediums, now on to the basics! There are four basic techniques usable by all mediums:

[Wearing: Wearing] [With: Students] [Where: Classroom] [Feeling: Excited] [Thinking: Continuing on] [OOC:]

Graydon Ironshield

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:34 am
So sweet,

User Image
User Image

¤ Artist ¤ Married ¤ Mother of Three

[Class List]
Pamela Gautreaux
Cordelia Quimby-Winthrop
Avian Lovette
Alice Beckstead
Lionel Lira

Tanna had been putting the finishing touches to a medium station when she saw her students come pouring in and gave each of them a wave and smile on her wave as she sidled up to the front of her classroom to begin.

"Welcome to Art IV and congratulations on all your excellent OWL scores! This year we'll be taking a look into modern art and the different mediums of sculptures. To start that off we'll have a brief look into what that entails.

Modern art includes artistic works produced during the period extending roughly from the 1860s to the 1970s, and denotes the style and philosophy of the art produced during that era. It begins with the heritage of painters like Vincent van Gogh, Paul Cézanne, Paul Gauguin, Georges Seurat and Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec all of whom were essential for the development of modern art. At the beginning of the 20th century Henri Matisse and several other young artists including the pre-cubist Georges Braque, André Derain, Raoul Dufy and Maurice de Vlaminck revolutionized the Paris art world with "wild", multi-colored, expressive landscapes and figure paintings that the critics called Fauvism, one of four artistic movements which were named Cubism, Expressionism, and Futurism. Now as usual I have photos and painting reproductions along the walls and a few smaller sculptures towards the back but not as much as I would've liked due to how much space the sculpting mediums took up. Though, I can't exactly find myself to feel bad about that funnily enough."
Tanna told them all with a conspirator grin and chuckle.

"Much like Modern Art, Sculpture is a wide branch of art encompassing many different kinds of three-dimensional work. They can be designed for outdoor usage in a garden or public display or exclusively for indoors. Artists can make sculptures from anything at hand, including sand, food and recyclables. However the main mediums are:
Tanna chuckled.

[Wearing: Wearing] [With: Students] [Where: Classroom] [Feeling: Excited/Happy] [Thinking: New year!] [OOC:]

Cara MiaKitty

kiska166

mc2

RedEagleEye007

Jade Galaksylph

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:18 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxLionel Santiago Lira
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxHufflepuffxSixth Year

"There are big ships and small ships."

Art was a class that he was actually excited for. He loved drawing and sketching random works of art during his free time and the class certainly provided him the artistic freedom that he longed for. He walked to see the sculptures all placed around the room. Lionel was happy to see that they would be sculpting something. His great abuelo at one point was a wood carver so as soon as she said to look around to see what they wanted to do themselves, Lionel practically already made up his mind. He always wanted to make a wood scultpure...that was for sure.

"But the best ship of all is friendship"

Sixth Year Classes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces