Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Classrooms } ---------------- Classes/ Open Classes/ EXAMS ARE HERE
[Mentor RP] Noland + Shun explore feelings. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nio Love

Enthusiastic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 12:09 am
Question marks started popping out question marks. It was like some weird garden of punctuation.

"Well, I gave you a new ability, of course! You're going to need to work on it a bit.. that is, if you want control over it. I assume you don't always want to show your true emotions, but you really should let it happen a lot more often! Still, you can hold back if you need to. But from now on.. if you're happy, sunlight's going to stream down on you. If you're sad, a cloud will shade you. And other fun little oddities. Like these!" He poked one of them, and it wiggled unhappily.

"Geez. Even your question marks are grouchy."  
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 12:17 am
It was really weird seeing the question marks doing what they were doing. Really weird. Shun really didn't know what to make of them.

"I fail to see how showing emotion would help me in battle. If anything, I'd think that would have the opposite sort of effect.." he pointed out. Against his enemies, he wanted them to be unable to read what was going on in his head.

During normal times... yes. Perhaps this could be useful. Or possibly annoying. He wasn't sure just yet. It would really depend on the severity of these... emotive things floating over his head. If they were a constant thing, he would probably go mad. Or possibly drive others around him insane. They had to be distracting.  

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

Nio Love

Enthusiastic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 12:20 am
"Haha, I knew you were going to get to that! Straight to the point, as always. That's my black ranger." He patted the boil on the shoulder, and then shoved.

Hard.

"Get angry!"  
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 12:21 am
Shun furrowed his brow and his eye twitched as Noland practically shoved him over. That irritated him, but it didn't quite anger him just yet.

"You're going to need to try harder than that," he said a little flatly.  

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

Nio Love

Enthusiastic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 1:24 am
"Oh." Noland sounded very disappointed. "Well, I guess I could do something terrible.. but I'm not that kind of person! It isn't like I would get a hunter to take over the body of your ghoulfriend again, or anything."

And then he pressed his fingers against his mask and hummed a bit. "Or would I.."  
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 10:25 am
His good eye twitched at that, and his fists clenched a bit while he stared hard at Noland. Shun knew he was trying to piss him off, so he was probably just saying these things, but the mention of that situation had struck a nerve.

"You wouldn't dare," he said coldly.

nio love

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

Nio Love

Enthusiastic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 3:56 pm
That got him. Even as he spoke, a dark shadow cast over him. Above him, very visibly, a small mimicry of stormclouds began to form. They were shading him completely, and rumbling threateningly..

But no lightning yet.

"I don't know, I dare to do lots of things lately! I don't really have a filter. But I tell you what! If you can dodge this hit, we'll forget the whole thing. If you don't, I'll just give the hunters a call. They'll be happy to take her back!"

A black arm swooped out against Shun, looking to strike.

Blade Kuroda
Shun is trying to learn Intermediate Dodge! But he can't learn more than four moves... delete an older move to make room?
Quote:
Intermediate Dodge:
Difficulty level: Intermediate
Pre-requisites: Beginner Dodge
Battle Effect: Once per battle, roll four of your normal attack dice instead of two. (If you're Y3, that means roll 4d10). The first two dice are your normal attack roll. If either of the last two dice is even, your opponent's modifier is raised to -8 on their next turn. (If fighting a Horseman, the modifier goes from -8 to -9. If fighting a Protector, this effect is invalid.) If both the third and fourth dice are odd, nothing happens.
Non-battle Effect: Emotional Stealthing - anger causes a stormcloud to appear that shades your presence from the attacking party, giving you a chance to dodge the attack. You also get cool lightning effects!
Requirements: Successfully complete second mentor activity with Noland O'Facey.

Blade Kuroda rolled 4 10-sided dice: 4, 5, 6, 9 Total: 24 (4-40)
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 4:03 pm
Shun noticed that it was a little darker around him, but he was too busy focusing on Noland's strike. Swiftly, he shifted off to the side, glaring at the ghost as he did so.

"Well then. I see your point. The next important question; can I turn this off?"  

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

Nio Love

Enthusiastic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:51 pm
Shun got a nice slice into Noland, dodging his next attack easily. But Noland didn't seem interested in continuing the battle, after that. "Of course you can, you silly boil! That's the entire point of our exercise today. In order to turn it off, you simply need to control your anger. Your emotions are yours to manipulate, not someone elses. You get to decide if rolling thunderclouds appear to shade your presence, or if nothing at all betrays your emotional state. Of course, it'll take you some time to master it.. but what else do we have to do around here! It certainly isn't as if we're fighting a war, or anything!"

Noland laughed hard, and he laughed loud.

"No, certainly not!"

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:31 pm
Shun let out a sigh of relief at that. He certainly didn't want to be projecting his emotions like that constantly. But, he didn't think it would be too difficult most of the time. His emotive state was usually neutral, after all. And he was more or less raised to be more or less void of them. Or at least to not show.

How difficult could it be? He'd find out.

"Maybe you aren't fighting a war.."

nio love

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

Nio Love

Enthusiastic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:27 am
Noland's laughter turned even more boisterous, and he slapped Shun's back. "Of course, of course! All right, you. Off you go, make sure you practice controlling your new little ability, and have fun with it too! That's the best part, after all. Maybe someone needs a little rain and thunder in their life. Enjoy!"

And with that, Noland rose in a fluid motion, standing up and shoving at Shun. "Okay! Get out now!"

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:10 am
Twitching as he slapped his back, Shun stared at Noland, then turned to head on out. Of course, getting shoved like that only irritated him further.

"..Thank you for this lesson," he said through gritted teeth. There might have been a cloud over his head or something like that at the time.

nio love

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

Nio Love

Enthusiastic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:46 pm
"Oh, my black ranger, you are very welcome! Have fun now, see you soon! Goodbye! Bye bye! Bye now! Goodbye!"

He kept repeating farewells as he waved, while Shun walked away.

Blade Kuroda

{ Classrooms } ---------------- Classes/ Open Classes/ EXAMS ARE HERE

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces