Submit

Count of visitors.
  1+
View Results

Kuudere-senpai

Desirable Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:11 pm
Ugh. I know NOTHING about history. Lol.
I barely know my own country's history and stuff from high school and etc. My brain just hurts and I see no sense in looking back into the past through history.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:17 pm
Kitalpha Hart

ah, I'm just an art history nerd, I'm trying to minor in it at college but getting into the needed classes is tricky cat_sweatdrop

the history is always fun to look at, an amazing as well when you see exactly how the religion was born and how to got to where it is today.

Kuudere-senpai

no, because it's my religion and I'm a solitary practitioner. because I believe in the God and Goddess and try my best to follow them. because I show my respect to the elements and life itself. I don't have to belong to a coven, no one does. one of the links you says everyone should look at even says there, that with a newer movement out of the 70's that there are people making their own covens and that there are solitary practitioners. just because it's newer, doesn't mean it can't be done and is any less than the other. saying a person can't be wiccan if they aren't part of a coven is like saying someone can't be Christian if they don't go to church every sunday and for every holiday observed by them.  

StrayKit

StrayKit

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:24 pm
Haunting Paranoia

so are you a solitary practitioner then? if you are, is there a particular patron god/goddess you follow?....er, if you don't mind me asking  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:28 pm
StrayKit
Kitalpha Hart

ah, I'm just an art history nerd, I'm trying to minor in it at college but getting into the needed classes is tricky cat_sweatdrop

the history is always fun to look at, an amazing as well when you see exactly how the religion was born and how to got to where it is today.

Kuudere-senpai

no, because it's my religion and I'm a solitary practitioner. because I believe in the God and Goddess and try my best to follow them. because I show my respect to the elements and life itself. I don't have to belong to a coven, no one does. one of the links you says everyone should look at even says there, that with a newer movement out of the 70's that there are people making their own covens and that there are solitary practitioners. just because it's newer, doesn't mean it can't be done and is any less than the other. saying a person can't be wiccan if they aren't part of a coven is like saying someone can't be Christian if they don't go to church every sunday and for every holiday observed by them.
and history influences art, among other things. And vice versa
And it's fun to compare art to real life. Say, cartoons
But that's another subject entirely as we get more and more off topic  

Kitalpha Hart

Feline Phantom

9,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500

Kuudere-senpai

Desirable Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:29 pm
This is all quoted from an REAL wiccan who IS part of the Gardnarian Coven, which the first and only ever true wicca coven. Read carefully the bolded paragraphs.

Quote:
...Wicca is oathbound.

What this means is every person who has become a Wiccan, in the proper way, has sworn an oath never to reveal the orthopraxy of Wicca unless that other person is 'a proper person, properly prepared.' This means, in essence, that a coven will only teach the orthopraxy to those who have been 'properly prepared', ie. have become an initiate, and have sworn the very same oath.

This oath is fearsome. It is not undertaken lightly, and those who break it are cast out and reviled, for good reason. Because of this, even people who choose to leave Wicca, are still expected to uphold this oath.

The oath also means you may not publish Wiccan practices in books, or other media, where it would be viewed by non-initiates.
No book at the bookstore, no website online, has ever had a single scrap of actual Wiccan material

Quote:
Initiation, Mystery-based, and Experiential:
We'll tackle these three together.

Initiation is VERY important in Wicca. Without this event - without experiencing this ritual - you'll never fully understand Wicca, even if you were to somehow gain access to Wiccan material without being an initiate. Without initiation, you have no access to the Mysteries.

Mystery-based paths have existed for thousands of years. A Mystery is just an experience that changes your perception and understanding of events and objects and energies - and there are plenty out there that are easily available to everyone. A Mystery is always the same event: what varies is how an individual experiences them. Even experiencing a sunset will be a different Mystery every time, depending on environmental conditions, season, location, and the person themselves.

Some Mysteries, however, are shaped and built around specific events, to build a consistent framework for the experience - historically, the Eleunesian Mysteries come to mind. The Wiccan Mysteries are the same way. The ritual, done properly, by people qualified to perform it, builds this framework. Each initiate will have a slightly different experience - but the Mysteries themselves are the same, inside that framework. Obviously, if you change the framework, you will access Mysteries, but they will not be the Wiccan Mysteries.

Without experiencing the Wiccan Mysteries properly, you will always lack the proper context to understand the orthopraxy of Wicca. It's why you can't be a Wiccan alone, you can't teach yourself, and you can't learn it from a book or online. Without that initiatory experience of the proper Mysteries, you're lacking a key that will allow you to unlock the meaning and understanding of the rituals practiced by Wiccans.

Initiation is always practiced cross-gender. A woman is initiated by a man, and a man by a woman. If you run across someone who says they were initiated by someone of the same sex as them, it was not a valid Wiccan initiation.

Quote:
Coven-based:
One can't be a Wiccan alone. Aside from the fact that one can't self-initiate...

The rites of Wicca, recorded in the Book of Shadows each coven keeps a hand-copied version of, basically define what Wicca is. These rites were never meant to be practiced alone. They're based on having a full coven of initiates to perform properly.

Solitary Wiccans really don't exist. You can have initiated Wiccans who are unable to practice with their covens: they moved, they're away, they got sick, etc. But what they do on their own is neo-pagan witchcraft, heavily flavoured by Wicca, performed by a Wiccan - it's not proper Wiccan practice.

And finding an actual, lineaged coven (we'll talk about lineage later) can be a lot of work - travel, time, money, energy. And those sacrifices to attend a group are expected. It's considered normal. People who complain about not finding a coven in their area so they can learn properly, are typically looked at with some disdain, especially by those Wiccans who travel considerable lengths to their own covens.

I think these are the mains bits that everyone here should know. If you still claim to be Wiccan and use the title Wicca.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:32 pm
StrayKit

I understand that. But using the word Wicca and Wiccan for your title is inappropriate and misused by those that are not actually wiccan. You'll run into a lot of people that will say so, such as myself~ I would NEVER use the word wiccan for myself as a title. A witch would be more appropriate than wiccan if I practice witchcraft or pagan practices and the like. I'd maybe even use Shaman, but I think that word is even taboo from those that aren't actually part of a shaman lineage. Not sure though! So dont take my word for it.  

Kuudere-senpai

Desirable Shapeshifter

StrayKit

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:39 pm
Kitalpha Hart

we're totally still on topic! religious art and influence in modern time and history....totally on topic! cat_whee

...but I see your point XD

Kuudere-senpai

so....why would you post a link to a guild forum saying that solitary practitioners are out there, and then post these that say that isn't true? and I think it's....you know...a little rude to say someone isn't really part of their religion just because they won't belong to a group if they can't find one or aren't comfortable with one....for anyone to say that about any religious group  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:39 pm
Kuudere-senpai
Ugh. I know NOTHING about history. Lol.
I barely know my own country's history and stuff from high school and etc. My brain just hurts and I see no sense in looking back into the past through history.
because you can learn weird stuff
Like Hitler liked sex, and may have fathered a child with a friend's wife
Ghandi liked to have sex when he was younger, and disowned his firstborn son

And said coven is the original coven, and there are now branches of Wicca. Islam has two major branches
Christianity, Judaism and Islam are almost the same religion at the core, and yet they are distinctly different
So no, it's not the only coven, merely the original
Look through time and Christianity. So many variations. Catholic, Baptist, Protestant, etc.
So yes, there are Wiccans out there that don't follow the original coven's orders. Doesn't mean they're not true Wiccans, unless you're being a closed-minded bigot  

Kitalpha Hart

Feline Phantom

9,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500

Kitalpha Hart

Feline Phantom

9,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:40 pm
StrayKit
Kitalpha Hart

we're totally still on topic! religious art and influence in modern time and history....totally on topic! cat_whee

Kuudere-senpai

so....why would you post a link to a guild forum saying that solitary practitioners are out there, and then post these that say that isn't true? and I think it's....you know...a little rude to say someone isn't really part of their religion just because they won't belong to a group if they can't find one or aren't comfortable with one....for anyone to say that about any religious group
good
So, another thread or PMs?  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:46 pm
Kitalpha Hart

sure, unless you want to suddenly do some made car tricks and almost fall over riding on two tires to get back on the right road again, I can work with PMs ^_^  

StrayKit

Kitalpha Hart

Feline Phantom

9,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:48 pm
StrayKit
Kitalpha Hart

sure, unless you want to suddenly do some made car tricks and almost fall over riding on two tires to get back on the right road again, I can work with PMs ^_^
excuse me while I s**t bricks laughing XD
Send me one, then  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:53 pm
Kitalpha Hart
StrayKit
Kitalpha Hart

excuse me while I s**t bricks laughing XD
Send me one, then

you are excused m'lady~  

StrayKit

Kuudere-senpai

Desirable Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:34 pm
StrayKit
Kitalpha Hart

Kuudere-senpai

ugh. I am not trying to say that their religion is wrong or whatever. Im just saying you and anyone else trying to slap the word WICCA on their practice is not true Wicca and that they did not earn said title. MISUSING. Especially if your not part of a trie wiccan coven as stated in the quotes above.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:54 pm
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/friends-chat/hot-for-pagans-a-hangout-thread-for-pagans/t.57519499_11731/?sequence=11731

Here is the most perfect conversation on exactly what it is im trying to explain. Too2sweet is putting it so plainly and clearly.  

Kuudere-senpai

Desirable Shapeshifter

Kitalpha Hart

Feline Phantom

9,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:12 pm
Kuudere-senpai
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/friends-chat/hot-for-pagans-a-hangout-thread-for-pagans/t.57519499_11731/?sequence=11731

Here is the most perfect conversation on exactly what it is im trying to explain. Too2sweet is putting it so plainly and clearly.
all right, that conversation sounded like the rambling a of a cultist that has no mind of their own and only spouts what their leader says to say
Especially the 'we can't give you the name of our fictional dieties because we be oathbound to not say so because they don't have names' line  
32. ✿ - - - Religious Haven

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff