Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Hogsmeade
Blaze of Glory Dueling Range: Open! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:48 am
So you wanna call me the devils' advocate
But you don't even know the half of it
I was raised to believe in miracles
My life is so cold
User Image
Annabelle Emery Rich
Owner of Blaze of Glory: Dueling Range
╔════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄══════════════════╗

She was there, yes, but she might as well not have been. Her reactions were delayed, weak, and barren. She smiled up at Ronyo when he was no longer even looking at her, nodded minutes after he’d spoken, and barely waved them to the right door when he disappeared with another to duel. She’d hardly even glanced up to notice who it was that had wandered in her shop, and if it hadn’t been for all the years of quidditch, she might not have ever even realized that Remy had been the one to arrive and join Ronyo. After what seemed like hours, she stood. Abandoned her ring at her desk, she disappeared behind a locked set of doors behind her desk and slowly glided up the stairs to a small office separate from her loft. Thick, fortified glass wrapped from one wall to the next, and Belle stepped up to the window to watch the blazing duel below. From her perched position, she could see all six lanes from here and a few scarce slots of the simulated room could be seen from here as well. Pale green eyes watched from up above as the spells fired back and forth.

Fashionably: Green-Eyed Greed
Troubles: Pressure

╚══════════════════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄════╝

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:42 pm
User Image

Ronyo Storm - Former Slytherin
Detective
Blaze of Glory

The blows from the lightning blades had caused Remy to flinch but not enough to allow for a full follow up. She had avoided the lower hits spinning correctly away from Ronyo as he struck. The Gryffindor seemed shaken but was also still willing to keep going apparent by her sudden volley of spells. For his lower standing Ronyo had to move quickly spinning while still on one knee and then performing a kick and sideways roll in the air to avoid the powerful full-body binding curse. That was one spell no one wanted to be hit by in a duel, it was basically the non-lethal equivalent to the killing curse by the way it made the opponent completely unable to fight back.

Landing on one leg and spinning Ronyo was still getting his balance as the stunning spell slammed into his chest, his shielding wards holding but clearly showing they had been depleted of their use with that last strike. The hit pushed Ronyo back several feet on the ground as the binding ropes manifested in the air to begin their motion of wrapping. Still holding his lightning charged wands the white haired detective slashed out in an X pattern cutting the ropes and sending them both to his side. With a heavy breath Ronyo stood straight and chuckled a bit but feeling his side stiffen up from the repeated hits.

"That was beautifully done Remy. The dragon was my setup move to cause distraction and misdirection, my close in blades," Ronyo held up his wands as he dismissed the magic, "were my real attack. You my dear are the first to avoid the full assault from them. Most wizards and witches in these days have no idea how to regard a melee attack in any form. Our wands and long distance magic spells give make us forget that we are still in a fight not just a duel. The difference between a fight and a duel is usually obvious but remember one thing my friend, in a true fight against an enemy they will try and kill you." Ronyo smiled as he pointed towards the girls stomach, the target of his electric blades, "I struck you as I did to push you into your true defensive state, the moment in which you are truly trying to defend yourself not just send spells back and forth to see who is the better. That feeling you had when you launched your assault on me at the end, that is the energy and the spirit you should have whenever you duel someone. Always fight to your best, even against someone you think you can easily beat. Never underestimate anyone because you never know what they might do when pushed," He flexed his body a bit still feeling the final fleeting effects of Remy's stinging spell, "Also remember this, just because you hit someone with a spell in a fight does not mean you just gained the upper hand. Pain is the factor that is not pushed in competitive dueling or in any school related defense classes. Your stinging spell was well timed and well fired, but I pushed past the pain it caused to fight on. A spell that causes a symptom like the stinging one should be followed with a dangerous spell that maybe is not aimed at the person. Something to make them move and cause the symptom to be felt stronger rather than give your opponent time to find their grit and fight on. Aside from that I am still wondering why you think you need help. I truly love giving extra pointers to anyone who wants them but so far I'm not seeing a fault for a witch your age. I would say don't be afraid to try stronger spells in different ways. I used Reducto and Difindo in the duel, but did not point them at you. However against a dark wizard feel free to point at them with such spells," Ronyo chuckled a bit then looked at the girl with a raised eyebrow, "anything else, would you like to go again, or maybe try running the Auror challenge with me?"

User Image

User Image

Ronyo Storm

Werewolf

8,900 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Autobiographer 200

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:12 pm
User ImageUser Image
Sixth YearPrefectCaptainWerewolfChaserGryffindor
Ⓡⓔⓜⓨ was still panting slightly, eyes narrowed. Ronyo was going on and on, as he tended to do. He was full of complements, making the Gryffindor crack a slight smile. Her legs were shaking, due to the energy and adrenaline that had coursed through her. "That... hurt..." She lightly rubbed her stomach again, then glanced at her hand. She could be mean, if she wanted, but decided to shrug it off. At least he thought she was good at this. "I'm not that good. Dhyl and Rom could beat me to the ground. Heck, I failed out of Defense class. I'm good at Potions and not much else." She pulled her hat off and shoved it in her jacket pocket, then tied her long hair in a single ponytail. When he asked if she wanted to go again, a glint ignited her golden irises, a smirk playing at the corner of her mouth. She twiddled her wand lightly in her fingers, then fired off spells. Obscuro, Stupefy, then the stinging hex again. She wasn't about to lose to a Slytherin, no matter the odds stacked against her.

UT
f
HARACTER

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:42 pm
User Image

Detective
Blaze of Glory

Ronyo did find himself feeling bad for being a bit rough with the girl, but reminded himself that it was better for him to do it than have her suddenly confronted by someone who would wish to kill her. As Ronyo listened to the young Gryffindor talk about her apparent lack of skills and lose of her Defense class Ronyo just chuckled. Even more so when she suddenly launched an attack on him with a nice combo. The blindfold wrapped around Ronyo's eyes and for a moment he worried about his next action, but this was not the first time Ronyo had fought blindfolded.

The wizard dropped low to the ground knowing the blindfold to be a set up spell, and also hearing the other two being called out. Without his shield ward Ronyo could not take a direct stunning spell hit anymore. The two spells sailed over Ronyo's face, their energy radiated as they passed, and the detective quickly fired off a rapid series of stunning jinxs, one after the other alternating from his two wands around the area Remy had been standing. It was one of his trademark moves at this point, he used it for covering fire to help move into a new position or gain some time to think. As he let up the volley of spells he smiled knowing the girl would not be downed by random fire.

"This is not defense class and this is not a duel Remy. That is the biggest part I am trying to convey. There are no points or scores here, no fans or referees to catch something foul to someone cheating. Here there are no rules."

Ronyo vanished from his spot on the ground and appeared on Remy's left, the blindfold still on. Ronyo was feeling Remy out now, using his own sense of smell and hearing to help determine the girls location. His training in China was coming into play again, looking to push himself beyond normal means. Ronyo vanished again and appeared to Remy's right, but vanished after only a second once again. The detective appeared and disappeared at quicker rates around the ring, a few crimson droplets feel a few times from the small splinches caused by the excessive use of the spell. Finally Ronyo appeared just behind Remy his wands at his side.

"Anything is fair game."

User Image

User Image

Ronyo Storm

Werewolf

8,900 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Autobiographer 200

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:04 am
User ImageUser Image
Ⓡⓔⓜⓨ smirked as Ronyo started apparating about. It was only hurting him. She had used Protego to prevent his melee, and now knew she had the lead. When she started smelling blood, her eyes widened. "Ronyo? Are you okay?" She spun on her heel to face him, eyes expressing concern. She would always be a friend to Ronyo, and that meant making sure he was fit to duel. Sure, t was his haphazard apparation that caused the bloodshed, but that didn't mean she liked it! Her hand slipped to her pocket, then she slipped out a healing potion. After casting Finite Incantatum, she glanced at Ronyo, then offered out the small vial with a shrug.

UT
f
HARACTER

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:31 pm
User Image

Detective
Blaze of Glory

Seeing Remy turn to ask if he was alright only made Ronyo chuckle as the young girl once again showed her heightened senses. Her concern was for the blood now apparent on Ronyo from his apparations, a technique he was still working on to perfect. He was getting better but not until he could perform the rapid movements without causing a splinch would Ronyo consider the idea mastered, but for now it worked just fine. Ronyo did take the healing potion offered knowing he still had small wounds from his earlier attempt at the same move.

"Thank you Remy but I have fought with much harsher injuries. Sometimes to push yourself you have to be willing to take a bit of pain. I imagine you know that truth better than most people. Your sense of smell and hearing are much sharper than even my own, I have pushed my senses to about as far as they can go for a human I believe. You have the ability to go even beyond my skills if you work hard enough, but know that your higher senses, while one of your greatest strengths can also be a great weakness. Be aware of things that could overwhelm your senses or cause them harm," Ronyo vanished with a smile and returned to his starting position, "also be aware I could have fired on you from each of the moments I reappeared, my style of combat is highly unorthodox but I fight to win and protect those around me. Now would you be willing to go one more round? This time I don't want you to hold back at all, don't think of me as your friend. I am your opponent and your goal is to incapacitate me, which means I must not be able to counter in any way for you to win. Do you accept this challenge?"

User Image

User Image

Ronyo Storm

Werewolf

8,900 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Autobiographer 200

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:55 pm
User ImageUser Image
Ⓡⓔⓜⓨ watched Ronyo drink the potion, then listened to him speak. He wanted to have a no holds barred duel?! She blinked a few times, then glanced at her wand. Could she actually hurt Ronyo? She didn't think so, since he was too nice of a person. If only he was an a*****e! "Um... Sure? I can try..." She took a deep breath, then cast Aurumflamma at the older teen. Golden fire burst from her wand, hopefully strong enough to affect his iron will. Impact spells wouldn't work, since she'd watched him take the impact from a bludger, then laugh and keep playing. She needed to be sneaky, yet cautious, if she was to stand a chance.

UT
f
HARACTER

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:02 pm
User Image

Detective
Blaze of Glory

Ronyo was glad to see the girl up for the challenge. Unfortunately for her she started the match off with the one spell he was well prepared for. Considered it was a favorite of two interesting people that he was never sure if he was going to have to fight or help at any time. Ronyo apparated just a few feet closer like a charge but the sudden change in distance would help in the coming actions. Ronyo ran towards the fire and at the last moment cast Flamma Frigus. The spell turned the blazing golden ribbons into cooling vapors that Ronyo past through without harm. Once on the other side the white haired detective snapped his other wand out and fired off another of his new favorite spells.

" Levitas Offendo!"

A bolt of lightning flew from Ronyo's wand and hurtled towards Remy. The electrified bolt arced a bit as it flew through the air but not as strongly as some of Ronyo's other electric spells. This one was designed to be more accurate than scattering, along with the electric boom it gave once it hit something. If the ceiling was not in the way Ronyo could try out one of his other spells but he rethought that idea considering what it had done to the dark masked wizards at the circus.

User Image

User Image

Ronyo Storm

Werewolf

8,900 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Autobiographer 200

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:39 pm
User ImageUser Image
Ⓡⓔⓜⓨ glared a bit when Ronyo easily froze, then walked through, her spell. She needed to do better! When lightening erupted from her wand, the girl stiffened, eyes huge. She was unable to call forth any magic of her own, and instead was hit hard by the electric shock. At the boom of thunder, the teen went completely catatonic. After a few seconds, her eyes found focus again, then a look of sheer anger crossed her face. He would pay. "Langlock! Incarcerous! Offendo! STUPEFY!!" She fired off, magic coming from both wand point and fingertips. He would pay dearly for using her fear against her. She would make him regret every ounce of electricity he'd ever managed to create. Gold eyes seemed alight with the still lingering effects of her near electrocution. Even she was unsure how she hadn't collapsed.

UT
f
HARACTER

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:08 am
User Image

Detective
Blaze of Glory

The detective had not expected Remy to be hit by the electric blast, he had not even aimed it well so she could scatter. Being a spell that not many had ever seen before most of the time the shock was enough to work in the wizard's favor. As Remy got up Ronyo could immediately tell something was different, her emotional state had changed. The waves coming off the girl were of anger and rage not of someone just upset for being hit and ready to fire back. Her shoots came in fast from hand and wand alike, fired in furry.

Quickly Ronyo thought to through up his electric shield but he hesitated. Instead he vanished backwards the gain more ground on the oncoming spells and fired both wands into a large shielding charm around him. The four spells slammed into the magical barrier with enough force to shove Ronyo back even with the shield spell up. Staggering from the powerful blows Ronyo looked to Remy with eyes of worry, he had never seen the usually kind girl in such a fit. Her spells had been full of energy, but there was not focus or control just pure raw magic being directed.

"Remy...what's wrong?" The only thing that had been different had been his lightning spell, could that have been it, "I've done something, your eyes are looking at me like I look at dark wizards. Tell me please, what's wrong?"

User Image

User Image

Ronyo Storm

Werewolf

8,900 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Autobiographer 200

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:27 am
User ImageUser Image
Ⓡⓔⓜⓨ didn't cease just because Ronyo had placed a shield around himself. Her heart was racing, the heavy pounding in her ears blocking out all the sounds of her own voice. She could feel sweat running down her face, but she didn't notice her thin frame shaking. After firing off Reducto, Diffindo, and Everte Statum, the teen sank to her knees, unable to hold herself up. Her wand fell to the floor, the rolled a bit, the Gryffindor not noticing the sudden loss of her wand. Gold eyes looked up at Ronyo, now filled with a different emotion. Fear. The Slytherin could have killed her, had he had the mind to do so. The vivid light was etched into her mind, the roar of thunder ringing in her ears. She looked like she might start crying, fear overtaking her. Why was it that he'd attacked the one fear she couldn't control?!

UT
f
HARACTER

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:42 am
User Image

Detective
Blaze of Glory

The three spells slammed into the shield with powerful force. Ronyo had not noticed the devastating choice of spells she had fired either, all of which would have done series damage had they hit. At the sight of the young girl dropping to her knees and the look of horror on her face Ronyo found he just acted. The wizard apparated, his wands falling to the ground in the process, and appeared next to the girl and wrapped his arms around her.

"Remy I'm sorry, I'm sorry. Talk to me, I don't know what just happened, but I know it was my fault. Tell me what it is and I won't ever do it again," Ronyo held the hug on the frightened girl but let her do any thrashing or beating she felt necessary but did not let go.

User Image

User Image

Ronyo Storm

Werewolf

8,900 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Autobiographer 200

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:51 am
User ImageUser Image
Ⓡⓔⓜⓨ stiffened at Ronyo's touch, but after a few seconds, she was able to loosen a bit. He said he was sorry, that he didn't know what happened, and to talk to him. She opened her mouth to speak, but instead let out a little squeak. After a few deep breaths, she sank into the older teen's embrace. "I-I'm... I don't like... um... lightening... and er... thunder... and... I f-freaked out a b-bit..." She managed to look into his eyes, still shaking quite badly. She retracted a bit, sort of curling up like a frightened child. Irises still overly wide, she looked the white-haired boy up and down. "D-did I hit you? Ar-are you okay?" She didn't want him to let go just yet, but she also didn't want him to be hurting. As her adrenaline faded, she found herself unsure of what spells she had even fired off. Maybe she should just go curl up in a hole. It was about the only thing she could do, without being a failure.

UT
f
HARACTER

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:04 am
User Image

Detective
Blaze of Glory

It had been the lightning bolt, the blast had enacted the girls fight or flight response from the terror she felt at the element. He had an idea as to the meaning, the loud sound coupled with the odd smell of atmosphere being ripped from the powerful bolt. Ronyo did not let up his hug while she rambled or asked about how he was, for that was the least of the detective...no the girl's friend worries.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know you had a hatred for lightning. I won't ever use the spell around you I promise ok. I'm fine Remy, you didn't hurt me," He smiled a bit not letting go but bringing the girl to a bit of length, "but I tell you what, I felt those hits through the shield. Even the stunning jinx which doesn't really have an impact force gave a push. I tell you what girl those spells hit harder than mine do now, I might need to take some pointers from you," He gave the girl another squeeze in the hug as he chuckled a bit trying to get her aware from being upset.

User Image

User Image

Ronyo Storm

Werewolf

8,900 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Autobiographer 200

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:11 am
User ImageUser Image
Ⓡⓔⓜⓨ blinked in confusion. Se had done... good? A shaky smile started to form on her lips, still pale from the shock she'd felt. At least he wasn't hurt... and it helped her calm down a bit, knowing he wouldn't use the spell on her again. "I-I don't really remember what happened. My brain just... went fuzzy for a bit. I actually caused impact? E-even with your shields?" After awaiting confirmation, her smile slid back even more. Gold eyes stared into green, her confidence returning.

"Again."

UT
f
HARACTER

Hogsmeade

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items