Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

a Clockwork Science

Kawaii Sweetheart

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:31 pm
DyraBlack
Well I just got married in September...

Now, if the concern of marriage is about the wedding then I think that's the wrong way to look at it. Technically you don't even have to observe a custom of a wedding to get married. Head on down to your City Hall, fill out the application, pay the fee, take the oath BOOM! Married.

Weddings are a beast of another nature. We only had ours because our families REALLY REALLY wanted one. So they paid for it, that was the deal we struck as my husband and I weren't really into the whole wedding thing.

Now if you want a giant wedding and it's something you've always dreamed about, I would urge you to save up for it and get everything you want. Please do not start your marriage in debt because of a fantasy. Heck, I know some people who get married, save for a couple years then host a giant wedding.

So now if you have an issue with marriage itself. I believe this is entirely a personal thing. For some people the idea of having the government tell them whether or not their relationship is valid really bothers them so they decide to opt out of the practice of marriage. Other people it's a distaste for religious or social norms...etc etc the list goes on why someone would not feel marriage is for them. All of the reasons are valid.

My husband and I decided that legal marriage was the most practical thing for us and it was a decision we made together. I know that doesn't sound very romantic but I'll explain. We had been best friends since we were 15, started dating in our early 20s, after being in a commited relationship for years we discussed and expressed that we felt that this is a forever thing. We were in it for the long haul. Eventually we decided we wanted to move (omg we're moving in a couple of months!!) but realized that if we wanted to make it official we should do it so that our families (who all live in the same City) could be included so we did the whole legal marriage/wedding sha-bang.

TL;DR

Marriage and Weddings are not the same thing. Getting married is a personal decision and both options (to get married or not) are valid and should be respected imho.

Congratulations on your recent marriage!

Also... I wish tipping posts was available in guilds. I agree with a lot of what you said in the rest of your post.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:34 pm
I think getting married is wonderful I wont to but... worry month later he change and wont a divorce or worse become abuse to me . You have to be careful who u pick me and my bf are going to wait till wer ready and we got a career
Hope I helped and not sounded like a rambling idiot  

miaxloveless210

Koresephone

Winter Specter

22,900 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Battery 500
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:26 pm
XxAriaxX
I know some people that think marriage is ''stupid'' and just a ''big waste of money'' and that ''anyways, it ends up with a divorce''...

I heard this from guys....
My friend's boyfriend don't want to get married, my friend said she doesn't mind...

I believe I want to get married. I want to celebrate the union of two people that love each other and want to build a life together... Weddings are expensive, but I'll just make one in my budget...

Most people think marriage changes a couple, but it doesn't. Nothing should feel different because you put on a ring and took the name of your husband.

Marriage doesn't end in divorce, not always. People shouldn't get married because they think they love someone, you should marry someone because you KNOW you love them. You should know you want to spend forever with that person because that's what marriage is. Of course you don't have to get married either to be a couple; I've known people who never got married and are still happily together.

Usually marriages that end in divorce are marriages where people married because of money or looks or anything like that; other times the people married before they were ready. You need to think and take in to mind of when and who you want to marry, and you can't divorce because of petty problems. Fights happen, arguments happen; but the most successful relationships are people who worked things out no matter how hard it got.

Then again, like I said, you don't even have to be married, it's a choice.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:09 pm
Legally, I will never marry. This is because polyamory is not legal in Canada.

That aside, I may design a ceremony for my beloveds and I. If I do, it will be either at Yule or Samhain. I want a black or blood-red dress for Samhain, silver or metallic blue for Yule. Dress the gents in somber colours- black or grey. It would be a small, simple ceremony with my friends and them. Maybe even at home. If not at home, somewhere nice and nearby. Simple catering.

One of my lovers and I haven't even been together two years. The other two, going on six. The thing is, one of the long-time lovers is all the way in Australia... with a fiance of her own. It's complicated for sure! smile

But this is only one person's opinion.

Lady Vendetta Iceflame

Lady Vendetta Iceflame

Sweet Shapeshifter

15,425 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Noble Shade 100

albonatious

Fashionable Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:34 am
I would really like a wedding--I want red and black with gold, and have a night wedding too! Ive been to a few, and even though a church is very traditional, I'd love to like, spend a week at a nice hotel with my friends and get married there! I went to one like that in Houston, Texas and it was so beautiful! It was in a small courtyard outside the hotel with a fountain and everything! It was a small and cozy place and definitely emphasized their bond. And they had awesome centerpieces at the reception!

But honestly, in the end, I would just be the 27 dresses chick--Always a bridesmaid, never a bride. I have so many friends already settling down with their wedding ideas and I'm just like, get married already so we can party! Now I'll have to find someone by then to go with or the couples' trips will be slightly awkward.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:27 am
It's cool if you or don't want to get married. I've noticed more couples are straying away from marriage these days.  

Your WatchQueen

MysticEyesXxX

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:18 pm
Hey ladies..I am new to the Group. But I have a little experience in this area. See I met my husband when I was 18! I am now 27. We were married 6 months after we met, and that night we found out we were having a baby. We were married for 6 years. Constantly arguing over the dumbest things.. We tried counseling and mediation...None of it worked. We finally divorced.. Civilly though.. IT was weird. We have two boys now. 8 and 3. We are still together and have great hopes to get married in the future. We are getting a long better then ever these past few years... We have been together not for 10 years.

My advice is just to really get to know the other person before you make it legal. Getting divorced is a lot harder and more expensive then getting married. Especially if you have children. Everyone's experience is different this was just mine. heart

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:20 pm
Your WatchQueen
It's cool if you or don't want to get married. I've noticed more couples are straying away from marriage these days.

I have noticed that as well. Sometimes you get a long a lot better...Its the paper or the actual legal fact...Scares some you know... smile  

MysticEyesXxX

AstridMiriam

Party Browser

13,100 Points
  • Runway First Vote 50
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Edward 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:59 am
Marriage is a big thing actually.
People say I can get married next year when I am 25.
Some say I can get married at 24.
I don't wanna rush it though.
People maybe go by the bible.
'I don't have a kid which won't make me do marriage early thank god.

07. ✿ - - - Chatterbox [COME SPAM!]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff