Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Bunyip - A one-shot by Rain Yupa - In Progress! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:34 am
Player post:

"Okay, maybe not the best example," Rob would say, bringing his right wrist to his mouth and gnawing on it. I'm a very bitey person, shut up.

"Now my first light will do... er... whatever... it just did... from now on. No matter what I used my first light on, the same result will happen." Glancing down at his wrist, he glared at it. "WHICH IS APPARENTLY NOTHING."

Letting out a huff, he glanced back at everyone, then back at Kuro. "Hopefully you have better luck with your lights, but we still need to do something about her. I just have a... hunch... that she's the Bunyip. It's too convenient for her NOT to be it."  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:03 am
Vash stared at the lights on his wrists, and said, "Well, yours did something... I think... It sure made the door shiny at least... So we have powers now. Are there... like... a limited number of uses? What's to stop us from just testing them all right now, or whenever we need them for that matter?"  

InuVash255

Dapper Dabbler

8,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100

xX_Terei_Xx

Questionable Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:31 pm
"Wait. Your "first light"? Does that mean even the same colors can do different things?"
Terei looked at her lights, curious. She had two indigo colors, so if they could do different things.....

Rain's crazy talk was back again, however, and it interrupted her thoughts.

"Are those your "Angel-senses" talking?" Terei said with an exasperated sigh. "So you can make a door glow. Big deal. For all we know, it could just be some special effects, since," Terei tried the knob. "the stupid door is still locked. There could be something on the other side to make it glow like that."

Terei crossed her arms and leaned on the "female" door. "You're going to have to do a bit better than a little light show to make me believe there's a Bunyip, much less that my sister is one." Terei would give a sarcastic huff for emphasis.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:54 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Yay! Though how much good it did her remained to be seen. Maybe if her dream could manifest a wireless connection... In the meantime she really couldn't help but see the brilliant display of lights (though she did have to giggle a bit at the thought that whatever he tried to use that light for from now on would only make that door glow; even if that wasn't exactly how it worked). It was the kind of vague thing her mind might think up when it hadn't quite decided what the "powers" were supposed to do yet, so she still sat comfortably by her theory. And since nobody was listening to her anyway she decided to give up trying to avert the coming disaster and just watch it play out while still searching for a wireless signal.  

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

KytanaTheThief
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:30 pm
Kyt stared at the door as it glowed with yellow light. Still stared as it dissipated. Then looked sloooowly over at Rain. Back to the door. Back at Rain. Down at the lights on her own arm. Back at Rain.

"What. The. Hell?" Her voice was calm, almost eerily so. If one looked close, they might see one of her eyes twitching before she closed them and took a deep breath. "Alright, alright, there's gotta be a logical explanation for this. And most importantly, why? Why this whole setup? I mean, what's the point of making....us...all...." Her voice broke for a moment as she eyed the others as though she thought they might still be figments of her imagination. "...come out here to play this whole little game to kill us? It's kinda stupid, and what's more, it's inefficient. I could -and have- come up with easier ways to kill someone."

The long-haired brunette took another deep breath, fidgeting with her choker. "Alright, first off, Rain, before we go along with anything you say about anyone, you need to tell us everything you know, right ******** now. Second, " She swung her hand across the room, pointing at everyone. "..no one goes off by themselves or in pairs. Three's aren't great but they're better than the other options. I'm still not sure I believe this whole "Bunyip" thing, but I'd rather look like an idiot for averting the rules of a horror movie than end up dying like I'm in one. Fair enough?"

She looked around at everyone to see their reaction to her "commands" before striding up to the locked door. "And third, as much as I've always wanted powers....I tend to like doing things the old-fashioned way." The girl kind of hesitated at Terei standing there, kind of gesturing with her hand for the other girl to move.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:20 pm
Terei moved out of Kyt's way, but made sure to say,

"I'd rather if you didn't make this cabin more of a disaster than it already is..."

That didn't keep her from watching with interest, though. She was an avid fan of Mythbusters, after all.

"You know. Maybe it would be better not to touch anything in here. Even if there isn't a Bunyip after our butts, there might still be angry spirits tied to an old, lonely cabin like this one. Imagine if they were like "Oooooo How daaaare you remodel my cabiiiiin~"" This was followed by a "Pffft" as even Terei couldn't say something like that with a straight face.  

xX_Terei_Xx

Questionable Prophet

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:29 pm
Player post:

Looking at the guy, Rob paused for a few seconds thoughtfully. Kytana also made a request for information, so, y'know, two birds with one stone.

"You can if you want to. There's a bit of wisdom of setting your lights early on... but then, like..." He looked thoughtfully upwards for a brief moment, then continued. "You know how wizards in third edition dungeons and drag... er... no, I suppose you wouldn't, most people don't know the game that well. I know Kyt and I'm sure Lilly do, at least."

"Anyways, wizards used to 'prepare' their spells, choosing which ones they want to cast throughout the day; however, they had to 'guess' which spells would be useful. If a matter came up and they needed a spell they didn't prepare, then they were out of luck. It's why I preferred sorcerers anyways. Choosing your lights early has the same risk; you'll have them ready in a pinch, but might not be what you want when you need it later."

He brought his right hand over his right eye and cheek, inhaling briefly. "I remember seeing Green give someone kung-fu. I think I saw a Blue lightsaber. Red... I think made something shrink? I honestly have no idea what Yellow does, I was hoping for something a bit more... overt. But I don't actually know if the colors do the same things this time. You'll just need to experiment. I'm sure there are no bad results, but once you activate your light at something, every time you use that light from that point on it will do the same exact thing that you 'copied' the first time."

Looking to Kytana, he would also add, "You know most of what you need to know already. But... it's never JUST the Bunyip. When I was at the asylum, I saw police zombies, amongst some other things." He shook his head lightly. "There's so many variables different, I do not know what's the same and what has changed. But... I'm sure the Bunyip is a constant."

Looking to Terei, he would nod to her first question. "Yes, I'm sure of it. Like I said, it depends what you focus on when you use a light. Focus on different things, get different effects. And being an Angel doesn't grant me anything special. Just... I'm safe, y'know? It sounds silly, I know, I've been there. But when you've had your flesh stripped from your bones half a dozen times by an inhuman monster hunting you, you learn to appreciate the one thing you know is safe."

He would let out a brief sigh, then look to Kuro, then back to Terei. "Balls. Your sister, huh? Crap." He would close his eyes for a few moments, then look Terei in the eyes. "I'm sure hearing those accusations wasn't easy. I'm sorry. We really can't trust anyone, but especially not her. We... here, can we just talk, aside? Still within sight of everyone, but we need to come to an understanding here. I need to emphasize how much danger we're all in."

--------------------

GM post:

Lilly, your laptop boots up, but you have no wi-fi signal, at all.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:07 pm
O3O "Really? Cool!" Terei looked down at her wrist. Well, she had two of indigo. Might as well use one, right?

Before she could try it out, however, she heard Rain's voice and groaned. It sounded like a lecture was coming her way. Great...

"Hmmmmmm...." Terei didn't sound willing to do as Rain said, but soon agreed.

She waited til they were out of earshot to start speaking.
"Rain. Look. I know my sister seems really suspicious and, truthfully, I don't really care. If she ends up being the Bunyip, then so be it. I just hope she lets me go out with style."
Terei thrust her hands into her jacket's pockets and gave Rain a disgruntled face.

"Can I go now?"  

xX_Terei_Xx

Questionable Prophet

KytanaTheThief
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:08 pm
Kyt blinked at Terei, then facepalmed. "Crap, you've got a point. Was gonna just kick the thing open..." Her right foot came up to tap the toe against the floor as if in anticipation. "Alright, in that case..."

But she was distracted by Rain talking, wanting to know as much information as she could possibly get about whatever was going on. Alright, so, the lights were like sorta randomly assigned wizard spells. Simple enough. The mention of police zombies had her eye twitching again. Shaking her head, the brunette let out a sigh, running a hand through her hair.

"Either way, we probably wanna check the rest of this place out, make sure we know what's here....hopefully a whole lotta nothing. I'll still reserve side-kicking the thing as a last resort, but for now....anyone got a credit card? Or, gods help me, some paper clips." She muttered under her breath, eyes to the ceiling.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:15 pm
Vash shook his head, eyes still on the lights. Quietly, he mumbled, "Wizard or Warlock... Man, I'm way more a four-eee person myself..." Rob continued on to explain more about the powers, the challenges they'd be facing, and, to the listeners' chagrin, more about the Mountain Dew girl's Bunyip-ness.

"Dude, you need to lay off of Kuro. I mean, the last thing I can remember is getting out of the car. I don't remember anything really specific about the trip, other than that we were going on one. Like you said earlier, we don't even really know eachother. If this monster stuff is really for real, then any one of us could be the monster. He could have replaced us back in the car, or before we went on this 'camping trip'. Kuro being last out of the van doesn't mark her as the murderer. It's not proof. And she isn't guilty. Neither is anyone else. Not yet."

"Lights and bunyips or no lights and bunyips, Kyt is right. This is not a horror movie, but it is a survival situation. No splitting up; if for some reason we must, we make sure that no one is left in alone or in pairs."

"Secondly, from the sounds of it, we should refrain from using all of our lights until we need really help. If I understand correctly," Vash paused for a moment to nod at Rob, "Powers are random, but the longer you go without using them, the better they might be."

"That way, we won't get any repeats of the super power to make things glow for just a moment."

InuVash255

Dapper Dabbler

8,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:46 pm
Lilly let out an obligatory huff, though she didn't look very surprised. Logic dictated that they wouldn't even have cellphone signal, much less a convenient wireless internet connection. The mention of other creatures gave her pause. If there was more to deal with than just a shapeshifting mafiette... a visible shudder ran down her spine; she could definitely think of things far more frightening than zombies for a setting like this. And to avoid thinking of just those things for fear of summoning them she focused desperately on controlling the pace of the conversation since it seemed to be devolving into things she had already said a while ago (it was never a good sign when her mind started repeating itself), "When he is finished attempting to justify his breach of etiquette someone may wish to ask him how exactly he escaped his original ordeal. I doubt it will be something as simple as driving away, but that too might be worth a try at some point. If what he is saying is true, of course, we run the risk of this Piynub overpowering us in such a small space - one can only assume it has natural weapons suited for, as Rob so eloquently put it, 'stripping flesh from our bones' - but staying here for longer than we need to has a much larger list of risks. I don't know about anyone else, but I certainly don't remember the girlscouts sponsoring any classes on how to skin and cook my own game. ...though I have watched a few seasons of The Colony..."

She trailed off and started pondering to herself again before another thought caught her, "Actually, that's an interesting point. Rob, Kyt and I do know each other; and it's obvious those two know each other, being sisters and all. Which kinda leaves you the odd man out here. What did you say your name was again?"  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:13 pm
Seeing Rob taking Terei away definitely wasn't helping Kuro keep her temper in check. This guy just wouldn't lay off her and now was talking about her behind her back, two things guaranteed to piss her off . She walked up to Rob and Terei determined to get Rob to see a little reason.

"Listen, Rain, Rob, whatever you want to be called. You seem scared of this Bunyip thing, going as far to accuse me of being 'it' because I went back to the van to get my mountain dew and came in the cabin last."

"Since the powers seem to be real I'll play along and say, sure, the Bunyip is real too. I want you to think about this Rob. If you convince everyone to leave me alone for your base-less reason, what do you think will happen? Will I be left to get brutally murder by Policemen Zombies? Or, hmm, maybe I'll be easy prey and shred limb to limb by the Bunyip. Either way, ultimately, I wonder whose fault it would be?"
She thought for a second before adding, "If I forgot to mention, you are condemning me to be alone. I'll be killed over and over because of you incriminating me of being a 'Bunyip'. Rob, If you do succeed in forcing me to fend for myself, I hope you remember that you had a chance not to outcast me when looking over my dead body."

After finishing she seemed slightly embarrassed, "I'm sorry Rob, I didn't mean to get angry at you. It's just you keep blaming me for things I have no control over. It's getting me strung out, with you freaking out and then constantly making me the bad guy..."

She left the two alone, crossing back to the other side of the room. "I don't really don't want to be haunted AND 'Bunyip'ed. "She joked. "Do you think this'll work? I think it's just thick enough for the keyhole and definitely strong enough." Kuro pulled the bar hair clip out her hair and handed it to Kyt.  

Einsamwulf

Friendly Lunatic

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:17 am
((Woo! This week has been a sleepapalooza, I'll tell you what! I have absolutely no idea why I've been so physically exhausted. Almost every night this week I would get on the computer to post, and fall asleep almost right away at my desk for a few hours, get up and just go to bed. >_< ))

--------------------

GM Post:

Kytana, feel free to give me a roll.

Also, at this point, I am considering Seph Baelzara out of this game unless he gives me a good reason for not posting yet. Consider that only 6 of us arrived.

--------------------

Player Post:

"What?!" Rain would hiss under his breath at Terei. "Christ, you're not taking this seriously, are you?" He would reach up and pinch the bridge of his nose, closing his eyes and tilting his head forward slightly. "None... none of you are taking this seriously."

He inhaled slowly, thinking for a few seconds, before looking back at Terei. "Look, we... we just... Oh, I just don't care anymore." Rob would turn and start walking away from Terei, simply heading for the door.

"Look... Kuro, was it? I know I don't like being falsely accused of things which are false; I can understand why you would get angry if I'm wrong. Maybe you'll understand why I'm frustrated, because you guys are acting as if I'm a liar. There's a movie called The Thing, where they tied up all the potential suspects and tested them to see if they were the shapeshifting monster; I figure you are a likely suspect so I wanted to make sure you were secure before we figure out if you were still you or not."

He would scoop up the keys he had dropped, then kept walking towards the door. "But you know what? I don't care anymore! I'm just going to go lock myself in that minivan and wait until it's all over, if it's all the same to you."  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:01 pm
Well, things were going about as well as she expected. Agitation and paranoia rising, people getting confrontational, and now the one person they all knew was safe would be going off alone to get killed. Honestly this dream was getting a little too predictable. Still, that pesky instigator was the only one who seemed to know what was going on, so she had to try (even though, knowing her dreams, nobody would listen to her anyway).

First things first, however, "Don't worry, sweety. Nobody will make you fend for yourself." she assured Kuro with a sympathetic smile as the girl passed by on her way to the door.

Then she cleared her throat and stood up straight. She may not have looked intimidating, but Rob hadn't heard her therapy voice before. "Robert, dearest. Let's take this seriously for a moment, then. Let's ignore the fact that it's still more likely someone was switched out before we arrived and say we tie the girl up. Then what? How do we tell if she's not human?"  

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

xX_Terei_Xx

Questionable Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:07 pm
"Such a drama queen..." Terei would mutter about Rain, before rolling her eyes.

She looked over at Paidi, before turning to the rest of the group. "Alright, so, since Rain has decided to play the "angry old man" card, I guess we'll be on our own for a bit.

We'd better get ready for the night. So, we don't really have much to use in this cabin. Since there's only six of us and Rain's so worried about this "Bunyip", I think it would be best for us to split into two groups.

Someone will need to keep Mr. Drama and Ms. Sensible some company in keeping watch over the cabin. There might be bears or even bandits, so it's best to keep our only real shelter safe.

The other three will need to gather supplies for the night. We'll need anything that will make the night more comfortable. This includes, but is not limited to, bedding, warmth, and food. The first thing would most likely be seeing if this building even has any electricity to begin with. That will take care of the warmth problem and give us some light to work by, once it gets dark.

Any questions thus far?"

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces