Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
What're your thoughts on online dating? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

本当に?!
  Dafuq?! English please!!!
View Results

ADSOC

Dangerous Lunatic

10,100 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:09 am
My mum wanted me to join one of those popular dating sites for reasons unknown, but I didn't want to. I wanted to search for my partner the not so easy way. Granted, it was dangerous, but I was goofing around in Gaia Towns... Yes, Gaia Towns and that's where I met my fiancee. We internet dated for almost a year before we finally met each other. We've been together for three years.

Online dating isn't for everyone. It takes a special patience to date on the interwebs. Sometimes it works, but most of the time it doesn't. The internet is full of creeps nowadays, but that's the world we live in today.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:11 am
FauxZombie
I've had my fair share of long distance relationships via web - and a good portion of them ended up with crazy (now) exes that put me through hell as well as themselves on some occasions.

My current partner I met through a long ago ex and we talked via MSN/Skype and then by phone for the last year or two when I got an iPhone - we were friends for a long time then took it to the next level and have been steady going for about 4-5 months now. We have a long distance relationship but we get it to work.

Overall, I wouldn't recommend long distance if you can't see the other at least a couple times in the year. It's really harsh when limited to just Skype calls.

I can't agree more  

ADSOC

Dangerous Lunatic

10,100 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Chaotic Houndoom

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:32 am
It works for some. I don't always do well in person with people. I have friends who are dating. (one of which is in a relationship that I wish I was the one he was dating. Makes me very bitter...) My mom basically figures my boyfriends are going to come from the internet anyway.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:03 am
Hmm...I think its okay as long as the person is true to you and doesnt lie about who they are, if they are close to you then go and meet them if you feel comfortable with it, but..online dating is hard to do...  

BluOnyx

Rezal_Zioun

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:52 pm
I used grindr to speed date. I am looking for someone who i could see being best friends with, and someone who i really enjoy being around. I have met about 8 or 9 people in person i met on grindr. They were all cool people, but just not what i was looking for ^^;  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:57 pm
I haven't dated anyone online before. I worry to much about the risks. I think online dating is fine, and might even be better the irl dating depending on the person's lifestyle - ex: busy middle aged person who works 3 jobs and brings work home from said jobs.  

Gummy burrs

Ghostly Regular

14,150 Points
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Unbreakable Bond 150

Thirteenth_Floor

Friend

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:44 pm
I used to be very iffy on the subject of online dating, mostly because I was a horribly sheltered child that didn't have solid access to internet until I was old enough to legally drive in the state of California. It took me a LONG time to try online dating, but after some pressure from college friends, I decided to give it a shot.

It isn't all that bad, actually. I've met some really interesting people online (and in person) and have made a few really good friends. I'm still in that endless search for someone to connect to, but even if the next person I talk to isn't that "one", I still have fun with it. I just have to be a bit more adventurous instead of hoping that they'll talk to me first. A sincere compliment does go a loooong way.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:50 am
I suppose I'd have to agree with most of the opinions here. It will definitely work but it requires alot of understanding and patience for it to blossom. Whether or not it's worth it, in the end it serves as a valuable experience for many especially in the long run. I've had my fair share of online dating, some were longer than others and most of it ended up with me being depressed thinking about. It was still fun though. xD  

Nekolic

Fluffy Cat

The Pocky Fox

Tipsy Kitten

6,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Millionaire 200
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:42 pm
Miku-Marmalade
I think it's fun to play with(as long as safety is practiced)
But to find a lifetime partner… meh not thinking it's a high chance.

So have you done so before?

I have some profiles online but have yet to find someone decent. Guess that's my luck? XD
i actual met my current Boyfriend in real life (and im living with him right now,) On gaia :3  
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff