Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Christian Advice
I need help and support </3 Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

_Leon Camero_

Friendly Informer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:29 am
Aquatic_blue
False Dichotomy
Aularen
The Wise Informer
I cannot support you.... you just made me a shame of what I had to read...

What exactly is it that you read that made you ashamed? It seems rather vague. Was it something Inspire said or someone else in the thread?
She told someone who insulted her to "go ____ yourself." I'm sure you can fill in the blank.

Honestly, I'd say the same to TWI as well. "I won't help you because I disagree with ___." But don't mind me, I just take offense to self righteous pigs.

This sentences, "I just take offense to self righteous pigs." was not correct in any way, shape, or form - especially for someone who calls themselves a believer in God. She said something she shouldn't have, yes, but you also did just now. I will leave this up to the captain on whether to give you a second warning as for violating our "politeness rule." You have already received your first warning from me. You should also be ashamed of yourself to talk about another person that way. There's a difference between "not sugar coating" something and being flat out rude.

Quote:
What he said to her was far more condescending than what I let slide, especially given the situation at hand.

Christianity is not meant to be a, "Oh, you said something rude to that person so I'm going to say something rude to you, too." That is NOT Christian behavior.

I do not support her by the words she used.
The ideal i had said : nor will I help, means that i cannot
support the hospitality taken by the op. The op had her ideal
taken and hated for. I should know because I had this once.
However, i had not once enguaged in it nor had I cursed in the
ideology. If they need me to help make a point (which is what i
am implying) then do not act on your own expense. God knows
what and why and the reason for it. Basically, what I had said
was why I cannot support her tribulations, nor will i help her in
this defense if Colossians 3 states to remove profanity.
Ephesians 4:26 also say, be angry but Do NOT Sin.

What false dichotomy had said was an intention of a mislead interpretation. Something proverbs has said against it. Not one had she asked me "what do you mean by this? Instead, she takes a unintentionally harmful thing and turned to something harmful. This is not Christian like indeed. I do agree with this post.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:31 am
Aquatic_blue
The Wise Informer
False Dichotomy
The Wise Informer
False Dichotomy
In case you read that wrong, my spite wasn't against her; her backlash was not unjustified, whether she should have said it or not. Nothing is justified about what Informer replied with. It was rude, egocentric, and hypocritical.

So you taken my words and turned it against what was given? If i have to say, that it's self is more hypocritical than mine. Not once I had said I will not help in this. I had said clearly "I cannot support". Do not alter the meaning. This will be misleading. Especially to those who had read it.
The Wise Informer
This does not bring me Joy... nor will I help...

Also, that's improper use of the word hypocrisy.

incorrect ideology. I do not support her by the words she used.
Ephesians 4:29 also say, be angry but Do NOT Sin.

Make sure you talk with me.before you take another's idealism
and cause it to be hateful (which was never intended).

Based on what you had said and convinced others (sadly) to agree with you misinterpretations, I guess I had used the word correctly.

In Ephesians 4:29 - I see nothing about it saying "be angry". It mentions not letting any unwholesome talk come out of your mouth, but only words that will help others grow spiritually. Nothing about "being angry".

Ephesians 4:29 NIV:

Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.

Colossians 3 is also interesting because it tells us "not to be angry" here:

Colossians 3:7-8 NIV:

You used to walk in these ways, in the life you once lived. But now you must also rid yourselves of all such things as these: anger, rage, malice, slander, and filthy language from your lips.

Of course. But let me see my bible on this. I may have a different wording then NIV.

Edit: it was Ephesians 4:26 some reason, I got 4:29. I guess this was for the op.  

_Leon Camero_

Friendly Informer

_Leon Camero_

Friendly Informer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:47 am
ChibiHigh
False Dichotomy
Aquatic_blue
False Dichotomy
Aularen

What exactly is it that you read that made you ashamed? It seems rather vague. Was it something Inspire said or someone else in the thread?
She told someone who insulted her to "go ____ yourself." I'm sure you can fill in the blank.

Honestly, I'd say the same to TWI as well. "I won't help you because I disagree with ___." But don't mind me, I just take offense to self righteous pigs.

This sentences, "I just take offense to self righteous pigs." was not correct in any way, shape, or form - especially for someone who calls themselves a believer in God. She said something she shouldn't have, yes, but you also did just now.
I more or less don't care if she told off Adskele, she deserves it for what she did. Not only did Adskele attack her, but so did TWI. Want me to find some fluffy feelgood way to portray exactly what happened here? I won't waste my time, it all means the same thing.

Quote:
I will leave this up to the captain on whether to give you a second warning as for violating our "politeness rule." You have already received your first warning from me. You should also be ashamed of yourself to talk about another person that way. There's a difference between "not sugar coating" something and being flat out rude.
He verbally attacked a pregnant woman with leukemia. Pardon me, but "rude" should've been in the equation before I ever stepped in.

Quote:
Quote:
What he said to her was far more condescending than what I let slide, especially given the situation at hand.

Christianity is not meant to be a, "Oh, you said something rude to that person so I'm going to say something rude to you, too." That is NOT Christian behavior.
Matthew 23

Seems like pretty Christian behavior to me.

1) just because someone hurts you doesn't mean you get to hurt them back. You are NOT entitled to anything and there are proper ways she could have handled that besides fueling the flames with her comments because clearly not everyone shared the op's views and realized she was being stupid
2) I'm just going to assume you're talking about informer to which he did not verbally attack the op of this thread. If you mean the other thread that still is no excuse for any actions
3) it's obvious you have a very skewed idea of what Christianity is and what the Bible teaches

I recommend not reading False dichotomy's post. I had given a specific response to why i would not help. Was never heeded. Instead was ignored.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:49 am
False Dichotomy
ChibiHigh

1) just because someone hurts you doesn't mean you get to hurt them back. You are NOT entitled to anything and there are proper ways she could have handled that besides fueling the flames with her comments because clearly not everyone shared the op's views and realized she was being stupid
Didn't seem like anyone got hurt but her.
Quote:
2) I'm just going to assume you're talking about informer to which he did not verbally attack the op of this thread. If you mean the other thread that still is no excuse for any actions
He spitefully replied to her cry for help with "I will not help."
Quote:
3) it's obvious you have a very skewed idea of what Christianity is and what the Bible teaches
I quoted an entire chapter which has more than one point of relevance to be had in this conversation. No, I do not share the common view, and I do not want to if this is what the common view is.

This one should say "I am just gonna stop reading". Basically the points were ignored. And continuing on to a denial of a main ideal point that was out of context. Clearly this one does not care to be corrected.  

_Leon Camero_

Friendly Informer

_Leon Camero_

Friendly Informer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:53 am
False Dichotomy
Aquatic_blue
False Dichotomy
Aularen
The Wise Informer

This sentences, "I just take offense to self righteous pigs." was not correct in any way, shape, or form - especially for someone who calls themselves a believer in God. She said something she shouldn't have, yes, but you also did just now.
I more or less don't care if she told off Adskele, she deserves it for what she did. Not only did Adskele attack her, but so did TWI. Want me to find some fluffy feelgood way to portray exactly what happened here? I won't waste my time, it all means the same thing.

Quote:
I will leave this up to the captain on whether to give you a second warning as for violating our "politeness rule." You have already received your first warning from me. You should also be ashamed of yourself to talk about another person that way. There's a difference between "not sugar coating" something and being flat out rude.
He verbally attacked a pregnant woman with leukemia. Pardon me, but "rude" should've been in the equation before I ever stepped in.

Quote:
Quote:

Matthew 23

You know what's funny, your trying to bring me down with you X3 you don't want to get banned alone? I gave you a specific reply explaining my response, and you continue to say I am evil? Lol, that is what's funny about it X3. Just be glad I do indeed love you friend wink  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:31 am
False Dichotomy
Aquatic_blue
False Dichotomy
Aularen
The Wise Informer

Quote:

"I do not support her by the words she used.
Ephesians 4:26 also say, be angry but Do NOT Sin."
-TWI

May you explain again where exactly he attacked the op? All i see is this explanation.

Quote:
Quote:
I actually do not see any verbal abuse given by TWI. If he explained it, why try to cause more matter? Satisfaction? Maybe you should reread the answer post again.

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Matthew 23

"It is once said an Eye for an eye. But I tell you Love eachother".
-Jesus Christ

This one says different =] this is a more Christian behavior.  

Hero just hero

Dangerous Informer

Hero just hero

Dangerous Informer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:39 am
False Dichotomy
Christiankid_leon_
False Dichotomy
Aquatic_blue
False Dichotomy

Quote:

-TWI

May you explain again where exactly he attacked the op? All i see is this explanation.

Quote:
Quote:
I actually do not see any verbal abuse given by TWI. If he explained it, why try to cause more matter? Satisfaction? Maybe you should reread the answer post again.

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Matthew 23

"It is once said an Eye for an eye. But I tell you Love eachother".
-Jesus Christ

This one says different =] this is a more Christian behavior.
Love without correction is not love. If I did not care, I would leave this place to fester on its own.
your not really helping nor caring about the place really. I see no edifying. Nor do I see anything caring about it = all I see was a hateful remark and a misunderstanding Context. If you wish to help, try to take an understanding from the poster and not try to edify it on your own. It's basically doing the opposite of helping.  
Christian Advice

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff