Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Second Year Classes
Advanced Flying I ~ Lesson 1/3 (Open 11/22) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:14 pm
When she was just a girl
She expected the world
But it flew away from her reach
And the bullets catch in her teeth
User Image
User Image

︵ ︶ ︷ ︸ ︹ ︺︵ ︶ ︷ ︸ ︹ ︺

Tanya happily walked out to the field where already two of her fellow classmates and the professor was waiting. With her broom clutched in her hand she ran the last few feet until she was right besides Leo and listened as the professor asked for their introductions. "I'm Tanya Cherri, Gryffindor, and I took this class so I could become better at flying and Quidditch." she answered eagerly. She couldn't wait for what they would learn in this class!

︵ ︶ ︷ ︸ ︹ ︺︵ ︶ ︷ ︸ ︹ ︺

WearingWhere: FieldWith: Leo and everyone elseThinking: Awesome, awesome, awesome!OOC:
So lying underneath those stormy skies.
She said oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh.
I know the sun must set to rise.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:29 am
LET it GO, let it ROLL right OFF your shoulders
DON'T you KNOW, the HARDEST part is OVER
LET it IN, let your CLARITY DEFINE YOU
IN the END, we will ONLY just REMEMBER how it FEELS
Our LIVES are MADE, in these SMALL HOURS
These LITTLE WONDERS, these TWISTS and TURNS of FATE
TIME falls AWAY, but these SMALL HOURS
These SMALL HOURS still REMAIN

Let it slide: Happy
Let it shine: I want to be a better Chaser...
And I don't mind: Leo and Tanya
We'll get by: Advanced Flying

E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
V A S S

B L O O D T R A I T O R | H U F F L E P U F F | S E C ON D Y E A R User Image

Elsie ran down to the pitch, new broom in hand. She came to a skidding stop in the grass besides Leo and Tanya, smiling brightly at the both of them. "I'm Elsbeth Vass, Hufflepuff. I took this class to become better at Chasing," she answered honestly. She really wanted to get better at Quidditch. Her mother had played the sport, once upon a time. This was her way of following in her footsteps.

If you PREPARE FOR THE WORST but HOPE FOR THE BEST you will RARELY BE DISAPPOINTED.

Let your TROUBLES fall BEHIND YOU
Until you FEEL IT all AROUND YOU
If it's ME you NEED to TURN TO
It's the HEART that REALLY MATTERS in the END
And ALL of my REGRET, I HOPE
Will WASH itself AWAY SOMEHOW
But I CANNOT and WILL NOT FORGET
The WAY I FEEL right NOW

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:35 pm
Professor Landon Price
Former Hufflepuff
Advanced Flying Professor

User ImageUser ImageLocation: Class (on the pitch)

Landon smiled brightly at all his new students. "It is so nice to meet every one of you and I'm so happy to hear that you all seem to have an interest in playing Quidditch." he told his classmates. Landon knew that Leonette was a reserve Chaser from last year. So it would be interesting to see those who weren't firm on a decision yet make one by the end of the next year. "I'm sure you'll all make great Quidditch players for your houses." he added before moving onto the day’s lesson.

“Now the first topic we are starting off with is the basics of Quidditch. Since I’m guessing most if not all of you know about Quidditch this will be a bit of review. Even so I hope all for you brought something to write with so you can take notes.” Landon told the class. “Two teams play against one another and each team consists of three Chasers, two Beaters, a Keeper, and Seeker. Now as you probably all know the Chasers shoot the Quaffle into the three goal posts while the Keeper guards the goal posts. The Beaters keep the bludgers from hitting their teammates and hit them towards the other team’s players. Lastly we have the Seeker whose job is to catch the Golden Snitch.” He continued as he looked at his class.

“Clearly the object of the game is to score more points than the other team. Each successful goal with the Quaffle is ten points and the snitch is one hundred and fifty points. Lastly once the snitch is caught the game is over.” Landon finished. “Now if you have any questions ask away if not you are dismissed. Next week we’ll be learning a flying technique so bring your brooms.”

With: my second year class

OOC: ---

((Outfit in picture))

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:56 pm
User Image

User Image
"Broken glass,
shattered shards.
As my sweet relents,
my bitter comes forth.
Prepare for the end."

Claire yawned just a little as Class went on, she was so tired....so damn tired. It was annoying. When the professor spoke up about quidditch, Claire shook her head, trying to pay attention.

When he was finished Claire looked to the side, "..." She didn't have any questions at the moment, since the professor explained it so well. So she just nodded as they were dismissed and walked off, maybe she could get a short nap.

My feelings? I'm tired you know?
Precious thought of mine, "...Ugh..."
I'm a Slytherin.
Did you know that I'm a second year?
My strings are being pulled. "..." Out of character.

Squeeky Luff

1,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:42 am
Professor Landon Price
Former Hufflepuff

Landon thought there were a lot of optimistic kids in his class this year which he really liked. optimism meant that they would try their up most best or at least he hoped from past experiences that was what it meant. As he waited for his class to arrive he smiled at the idea of getting up into the air. A part of him was such a kid when it came to flying and just like the kids in his class he was happy to be getting on a broom.

“Good afternoon class. Today is the day you’ve all been waiting for because we will be learning how to do a barrel roll on our brooms. So if you don’t have one I suggest coming up and taking a broom please.” Landon instructed as he waited for everyone present to grab a broom before starting. “Alright now, before we all go flying around I don’t want anyone having to take a trip to the hospital wing so listen up.” He told them before continuing. “A barrel roll is a roll going from side to side for the purpose of avoiding an object while continuing on a straight path. In order to do this safely you keep a firm grip on your broom and lock your feet and legs together before you lean over with enough force to spin all the way around, it doesn’t take much.” Landon explained.

“Now I’ll demonstrate and then you all can have at it.” Landon told them as he got onto his broom. Pushing off the ground he circled around before going in a straight path. Locking himself to his broom Landon leaned over to his side with enough force to spin all the way around until he was back upright before coming to a complete stop. "So you wants to give it a shot?"

((Outfit in picture))

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:40 pm
LET it GO, let it ROLL right OFF your shoulders
DON'T you KNOW, the HARDEST part is OVER
LET it IN, let your CLARITY DEFINE YOU
IN the END, we will ONLY just REMEMBER how it FEELS
Our LIVES are MADE, in these SMALL HOURS
These LITTLE WONDERS, these TWISTS and TURNS of FATE
TIME falls AWAY, but these SMALL HOURS
These SMALL HOURS still REMAIN

Let it slide: Happy
Let it shine: I want to be a better Chaser...
And I don't mind: Second Years
We'll get by: Advanced Flying

E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
V A S S

B L O O D T R A I T O R | H U F F L E P U F F | S E C ON D Y E A R User Image

Elsie mounted her broom, eager to try the barrel roll. She attempted to imitate what the professor had demonstrated. The blonde girl kept a firm grip on her broom and suddenly leaned hard to the side on her broom. She spun over but scared herself at how forcefully she was going and slowed down, veering off course and having to manually right herself on her broom. She exhaled and got her breath back, and tried again. This time she got it right, though she wavered a little, not at all confident.

If you PREPARE FOR THE WORST but HOPE FOR THE BEST you will RARELY BE DISAPPOINTED.

Let your TROUBLES fall BEHIND YOU
Until you FEEL IT all AROUND YOU
If it's ME you NEED to TURN TO
It's the HEART that REALLY MATTERS in the END
And ALL of my REGRET, I HOPE
Will WASH itself AWAY SOMEHOW
But I CANNOT and WILL NOT FORGET
The WAY I FEEL right NOW

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:34 am
User Image

User ImageUser ImageLocation: Flying class (Wednesday: 3:00pm to 3:45pm)

Leonette came into class and stood next to Elsie. They would be doing barrel rolls, she couldn’t complain about that. Actually she was more than excited about it, she was thrilled. Watching Professor Price’s demonstration she didn’t see it to be that hard. Truthfully she did a few by accident in practice and at home testing out her new broom. Okay maybe the testing of her broom was on purpose…

Watching as Elsie went first Leonette hopped her friend didn’t fall. Luckily she didn’t and it was safe for her to go next. ‘Okay you can do this you’ve done it before.’ She told herself getting on her broom going up into the air and preparing herself. Shaking her hands loss as she floated in the air Leonette got ready to go at what felt like top speeds. Holding on tight she spun herself sideways all the way around till she was upright once more.

“I did it!” Leonette said happily. Sure it wasn’t as flawless as Professor Price’s was but at least she did it without falling off.

With: Class... Elsie

Wearing: Uniform

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:41 am
Professor Landon Price
Former Hufflepuff

Landon smiled as he watched his students try out barrel rolling. It seemed pretty easy at least once you got the hang of it. "Nicely done for your first try. Five points for Hufflepuff for being the first one to try Miss Vass." Landon said with a smile. "Good go for you as well Miss Mitchell. Just remember keep control and spin at a relatively fast rate and you'll do fine." he added. "Now who wasn't to go next?" he asked the class.

((Outfit in picture))

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:02 am
Professor Landon Price
Former Hufflepuff

Landon walked onto the pitch for the last lesson he had to teach his second year students. Of course this wasn’t his last class. No, his last class was going to be nothing but fun and quite the free for all although that would have to wait till later. Waiting for his students Landon wondered how they’d far working on this last trick he had for them. He himself found it relatively simple even when he learned it for the first time. Hopefully that would be the case for his students.

“Good afternoon everyone this is the last thing I have to show you in regards to the curriculum. Though don’t fret there will be more fun after this is finished. I wouldn’t want you being bored on the last week of school.” Landon told his students as they came piling in. “Today we are going to be learning how to balance on our brooms.” He said with a smile. “Now doing this requires a lot of balance my advice it to stay low to the ground. I don’t want you falling off and getting hurt or worse alright. So hover off the ground, hold onto the broom with your hands, and then bring your feet up onto the handle.” He instructed as he followed along with his steps in demonstration. “Once you have a good footing let go with your hands and straighten yourself out.” He added.

“Once you’ve got that down you can try doing it while moving although I will tell you it takes a lot of practice before you can master that.” With that Landon left his students to it.

((Outfit in picture))

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:28 am
User Image

User ImageUser ImageLocation: Flying class (Wednesday: 3:00pm to 3:45pm)

Leonette skipped onto the field for her favourite class. She was one hundred percent ready for whatever they would be doing today. Of course she was ready every day for this particular class. Hearing what they were doing she smiled knowing this would be super easy for her to pull off. She’d done gymnastics for years now so she should have no problem balancing on a broom.

Once given the go ahead, Leonette got on her broom and made it hover off the ground. Holding the broom handle she put her right foot on the broom first. Once it felt steady enough she put her left foot up onto it. Slowly she let go and straightened herself out while holding her arms out to keep her balance. “I’m on it…” she told herself before attempting to lower her arms to her sides a little. She wavered a bit but managed to succeed in staying on. “This isn’t so hard.” She told herself with a smile.

“Well done Miss Mitchell five points for Gryffindor.” Landon praised. With those words Leonette slowly brought her hands back down to her broom and then got herself back onto her broom. “Thank you Professor.” She said now she wanted to try it moving that should be interesting…

With: Class

Wearing: Uniform

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 9:56 am
NEW YEAR!!

Professor Landon Price
Former Hufflepuff

Landon walked onto the field for his first class of the year. He was looking forward to see what students would be taking his class. He wanted to leave them with a lasting impression and hopefully he'd have some enjoyable students that would want to continue it the following year. As students started to come onto the field Landon smiled. "Good afternoon everyone I hope your first day back has been going well so far. I'm Professor Price and I'll be your instructor for the next two years." he told them brightly. "Now since this is my first time seeing all of you I'd like you to tell me your names, houses, and why you decided to take my class." he instructed. "I understand that a lot of you want to play Quidditch while you're here but I'm sure you all aren't going out to be pros afterwords." he added with a smile.

((Outfit in picture))

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 10:14 am
User Image
Julius is...spacespacespacespace
CURRENTLY // wearing his school robes
CURRENTLY // single
CURRENTLY WITH // No-one at the moment
CURRENTLY FEELING // excited for class to start
CURRENTLY THINKING // Maybe I should have tried out this year for the quidditch team...
spacespac

═════════════════════════════════════════════════

spaceJulius had considered trying out this year for the quidditch team, but the truth was he was a bit intimidated by the idea, even if one could try out their first year. And, he was pretty sure Ty had even tried out for his house's team. The fact of the matter,though, was while he liked rushing into things, he was also the type to take a step back and think through his actions. He was definitely one of the more quiet Gryffindors and there was a fact that Gryffindor had won the quidditch cup. He figured he'd at least get Advance Flying I under his belt, a bit more experience this way, before jumping in all the way. Maybe he'd even figure out more where his talents lay.

He looked to the professor and when asked to introduce themselves, Julius went, "I'm Julius Xanders and I am a Gryffindor. I wanted to take this class because it sounded like fun and I thought it would be a good opportunity to become a better flyer." He smiled slightly and shrugged, falling silent, waiting for the next student to introduce himself or herself.

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 10:26 am
User Image

User ImageUser Image Location: Advanced Flying: Monday 1:00pm to 1:45pm

This was the only class Jasper didn't have with Alice and it quite frankly bothered him. He was without her for a full hour and had no way of knowing if she was okay or not. Sure she walked him to the pitch and then headed off to do her own thing but he didn't like the feeling of being without her.

Still Jasper was in class and he would try to enjoy himself like Alice had told him too. Then again she'd also told him to make some friends... that was a hard task all its own. When spoken to by Professor Price Jasper took a deep breath before speaking. "My name's Jasper Lancaster. I'm in Hufflepuff... and I really like to fly..." he said trying to keep his voice above an audible whisper.

With: Classmates

Wearing: Hufflepuff Uniform

You have the intellect of a Ravenclaw,
And the protective spirit of a Gryffindor.
However, if you are sure about being with Alice, then...
Hufflepuff!

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 6:38 pm
x
x
x
x

User Image

x
                                    ████████████████xx ℓεxιηε vαηcε xx███████xxxxif you have to ask, you'll never know. if you know, you need only ask.

Second Year | | Twelve | | Ravenclaw | | Single | | Half-Blood

Lexine walked awkwardly onto the pitch. The only time she had really stepped on it was during Quidditch try outs, and it was just as strange walking on the pitch the second time than the first. She stook for a bit, broom in hand, until the teacher started talking. His name was Professor Price, and he seemed that he would be a very nice person. He was a Hufflepuff, which didn't surprise Lexine that much when he started talking. She was glad he was nice, she wouldn't have liked the class otherwise, after all, Lexine didn't respond well to rude people... At least she could easily get used to this man; he would be her advanced flying teacher for the next two years, so why not like him?

The first thing he asked of them, as they had done in all their classes in their first year, as to introduce themselves with the basics: name, house, and why. When it got to Lexine, she had to clear her throat so she made sure she'd speak loud enough.
                                                "I'm Lexine Vance... I'm a Ravenclaw, and I decided to take this class because...well...I suppose I just like to fly, and why not take a class to help be become a better flyer than if I didn't?" Lexine shrugged.

clothing x ooc :: - - - x voice clip

stitchkin babe

Timid Genius

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 10:33 pm
User Image
𝔻𝕠𝕣𝕚𝕒𝕟 𝕚𝕤...spacespacespacespace
CURRENTLY // singlespace
CURRENTLY // Looking Curious on the Pitchspaces
CURRENTLY WITH // Classmatesspacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Excitedspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'I love this school...' spacespac

☼ ☼ ☼ We go wherever we want to, do what we like to do
We don't have time to get restless, there's always something new.
☼ ☼ ☼

spaceDorian grinned from ear to ear as he made his way to Advanced Flying. Of all his lessons last year, Flying had probably been his favorite... or second favorite... definitely top three, at the very least. He really couldn't decide; magic was far too amazing to limit himself like that, after all. But, he did know that he enjoyed being on a broom. He rather wanted to get a broom of his own, actually, but apparently they were expensive. For now, he was just happy to have a school broom to ride in class. Besides, when it came to who would get one, he really felt like his brothers should take the priority, since he was pretty sure they'd both be playing Quidditch in the future. He, for one, really didn't care to play, although he did love watching the games, now that he understood it... mostly. But, flying was incredibly fun. "I'm Dorian Xanders, of Hufflepuff! I'm taking this class because I really liked Flying class last year, and I wanted to keep learning about flying! And because I don't have my own broom, so this is the only way I get to fly, anyway," he said with a small shrug and an enthusiastic grin. Really, that was about as honest as he could possibly be, right?

☼ ☼ ☼ We're just tryin' to be friendly, come and watch us sing and play!
                                                          We're the young generation, and we've got something to say.
                                                          ☼ ☼ ☼

User Image

(( OOC: ))

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Second Year Classes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff