Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Third Year Classes
Advanced Flying II ~ Lesson 1/4 (Opened 11/22) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 18 19 20 21 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Essy ze Ninja rolled 1 20-sided dice: 12 Total: 12 (1-20)

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:22 pm
I have screamed until my veins collapsed
I've waited as my time's elapsed

Now, all I do is live with so much hate
I've wished for this, I've bitched at that
I've left behind this little fact:

You cannot kill what you did not create
I've gotta say what I've gotta say
And then I swear I'll go away

But I can't promise you'll enjoy the noise.

User Image

𝔇mitri 𝕲rigori 𝔎amenev
я никому не уступлю
of house Slytherin ___________ Thirteen Years Old
Third Year

User Image

Dmitri was quick to step up and grab a bat. The bludger bays he had grabbed were a bit too big for him, but he tightened the straps all the same. The other students still milled about aimlessly, but Dmitri wasn’t one for the idle chatter. He shouted out the command for his broom and lassoed his leg around the broomstick; its cushioning charm had made it easier for him to sit comfortably in place. Dark eyes flashed back and forth as he watched the rest of the students follow his lead before he ripped into the blue skies in vigil of a bludger. A rogue iron ore barreled across the field and he sped up quickly to catch its side and timed his moment for the perfect angle for the perfect shot... If he was lucky.

AC=15
                          L1 L2 L3
                          Skills: Quid MTA, 1 Year Quidditch Exp, AF 1
                          Mods: Natural Flyer, Hold the Line, Great Catch
                          (+3 to bludger hits) (+5 to flying) (+7 to blocking the quaffle)
                          Roll: 15!
                          Targets Hit: 1/1

We’re never who we say we are.
                          162cm (5’3”) and 45kg (98lbs)
                          //Translations://

User Image

User Image

I guess I'll save the best for last
My future seems like one big past ________

You're left with me 'cause you left me no choice

mc2 rolled 1 20-sided dice: 19 Total: 19 (1-20)
PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:42 pm
User ImageUser Image
[Wearing:Uniform for Flying Class]

Well, might as well get some hits in.

Ronna blushed brighter when Professor Price praised her for her enthusiasm. On the bright side she did get ten points for her house and didn't get in trouble for speaking out of term, actually it made a good impression, apparently to the professor. She still felt kind of awkward about it-since this year especially she was trying to NOT risk bending the rules in the slightest way. Well, maybe it made up for her pettiness against Toby.

She stood and listened to Professor Landon instruct them about aiming at targets and allowed them to head to the skies. Ronna smiled and realized that she had never actually aimed at targets with true beater equipment-and not on a broom. Though between her first year and second year she had practiced her aim using baseball equipment and the grip a beater would use so the theory shouldn't be that much different. And, it was a lot safer. No blood and broken bones for this class it sounded like.

She took the Beater bat, weighing it in her hand as she mounted her broom to see Dmitri already take off and aim for a target. Well, someone was in a hurry. She did a rough calculation in her head to aim her hit of one of the bludgers and swung towards one of the targets, more focused on just relaxing than trying to impress.

User Image

Roll: 19 + 4 = 23 (HIT)

AC: 10 +1 (years playing) + 1 (Advance Flying I) +2 (Deft Dodger) +2 (Natural Flyer)=16
Modifiers: +2 Hit Bludger, +2 Avoiding Bludgers, +2 Flying +2 (1 year quidditch team and Advance Flying I)
Special Skills: Mean Swing, Deft Dodger, Natural Flyer
Lives: [O] [O] [O]

murruelecreuset

{OCC: Thanks for the edit and the mention. I kept looking for it, but hadn't seen it, which is why I kept putting off posting sweatdrop }

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:20 pm
((For anyone who missed it on the last page cause I edited and not sure if anyone would see that the AC for the targets is 12.))

mc2

Amadeli rolled 1 20-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-20)
PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:28 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image
Eleanora McKenny
Hufflepuff Second Year

Thinking: Here we go...!
Feeling: Excited
Where: Pitch
With: Professor, classmates
Wearing: Uniform
Single

I'd rather waltz that just walk through the forest
The trees keep tempo and sway in time

Nora absorbed all the information she could, until she was sure her mind would burst and little facts about Quidditch would come flying out of her ears. Luckily enough, it was soon time for the real fun to begin - practice! She could barely contain herself as she swept her hair into a messy bun, hefting broom in one hand and bat on the right. Fastening the bay on her arm, Nora double checked that everything was secure before she swung herself onto her broom and kicked off in pursuit of the fastest of her classmates.

Feeling her competitive side rear it's head, she narrowed her eyes and scanned the area for a bludger. Spying one of the speeding projectiles, she shot towards it as she adjusted her grip on the bat with an excited grin. A target was positioned nearby, and a few quick calculations sent her swerving one way in order to get the best angle on the ball to hit the desired target. Swinging her weight around as the bludger came within her arm range, she swung with every muscle in her arm in hopes of sending it hurtling through the air and slamming against the wooden target...

Roll:
AC:10+1+2=15
Modifiers: Advanced Flying I (+1)
Special Skills: Natural Flyer (+2), Mean Swing(+2), Dang Healthy
Lives: O O O O
Targets:

I'm not sure if this is the right way to organize the mods etc, so if someone sees anything amiss, lemme know and I'll fix it smile

Quartets of crickets chime in for the chorus
If I were to strum on your heartstrings, would you strum on mine?

Amadeli

The Forgotten Weasley rolled 1 20-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-20)

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:15 pm
I don't patronize, I realize
I'm losing and this is my real life
I am half asleep, and I am wide awake
This habit is always so hard to break
I don't want to be the bad guy
I've been blaming myself and I think you know why
I'm counting time, and time's counting you
Every way that I do

User Image
Tobias Philemon Walsh
- Halfblood Gryffindor - Third Year - Twin -
[feeling: surprised] [thinking: ...] [with: Third Years] [at: Advanced Flying]

Toby grabbed a bat with ease, narrowing his eyes to a near squint to try and line up a shot. He'd done this right before. He could do it again. He swung and aimed at the target.

I just can't decide what I'm running from.

Position: Beater
AC: 14
Mods: +4 Bludger Hits
Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Dang Healthy, Mean Swing
Lives: (X) (X) (X) (X)

Did you say "please just follow me?"
I thought you wanted me
'Cause I want you all to myself
I can try to suck it up
I just can't suck it up
Make me feel like someone else
Please just follow me
I thought you wanted me

The Forgotten Weasley rolled 1 20-sided dice: 7 Total: 7 (1-20)
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:22 pm
I'm fly, the original
I'm sly, unpredictable
I'm nearly irresistible
And I don't even try
I'm easily excitable
Completely undeniable
And sometimes unreliable
Don't ask me why

User Image
Jessamine Cathlin Walsh
~ Halfblood Hufflepuff ~ Third Year ~ Twin ~
{feeling: excited} {thinking: ....} {with: Third Years} {at: Advanced Flying}

Jess hefted the beater's bat awkwardly as she hovered in the air. It seemed almost as big as her. But she could do this! Yeah! She'd hit that target! She snorted as her brother missed and got hit with the bludger. Some beater he was. Even he knew it was true, and she might have felt a bit sorrier for him if he actually acted down about it. But no, he just got moody and went off to sulk and fantasize about dragons or some rubbish. Boys. With a way too happy grin, she cracked the bat bat and let it swing.

They can't rain on my parade; I'm sunshine on a cloudy day.

Position: Beater
AC: 16
Mods: +4 Spotting, +2 Catching
Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Deft Dodger, Sharp Eyes
Lives: (X)(X)(X)

I'm strange, and I like it
That's just the way I am
I can't change, I can't hide it
That's just the way I am
From a whisper to a shout
On what the buzz is all about
Everybody's buggin' out
And I've only just begun

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:57 am
Professor Landon Price
Former Hufflepuff
Advanced Flying Professor

User ImageUser ImageLocation: Class (on the pitch)

Landon smiled as he watched his students. Some did quite well others not so much then again they were either new at the sport or never played the position in their life. Out of the gate Dmitri and Victoria hit their bludgers which he expected. Both Eleanora and Tobias got hit which Landon took care of swiftly placing the softening charm on them so they wouldn't get hurt by the bludgers. He was a bit surprised that Toby got hit but you couldn't hit them all. When his sister tried she hit the bludger but missed the target for a first time she did quite well.

"For all those that tried hard today which I must say was all of you. I'm awarding you each five points in addition to the five points I'm awarding you for coming on the first day." Landon told them happily. "I'll see you next class you are dismissed."

----------

“Good morning class. Last we covered the position of Beater. Today however we will be learning the position of Seeker.” Landon told the class as they crowded around. “The Seeker has only one sole purpose in the game of Quidditch.” He explained. “Now can anyone tell me what that is and why it’s one of the most important jobs?” he asked the class. It was an easy question but it got them involved before working on the practical.

With: my third year class

OOC: ---

((Outfit in picture))

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:25 am
User ImageUser Image

I should have just skipped class today... I hate the position of seeker. Isn't it just like looking for a needle with a haystack and you aren't allowed any tricks to find it?

When Ronna heard the word "seeker" for the position they were going over, Ronna had already lost interest in the class. She had known they would go over the position, it just was to her-the most boring position there was. All glory, too much luck, not enough thinking. It was like playing chase-there wasn't a lot of thinking to it-and then the fact of the matter the stupid ball counted for 150 points which meant that if your seeker caught the snitch your team more than likely won the game. They were like the rock-stars of the quidditch world or something. Or would the American football quarterback be a better example? She wasn't sure, she really didn't know all that much about American football, she was British, that was an American thing-of course she preferred baseball to football and hadn't ever drank tea in her life so maybe she wasn't exactly the best to be making stereotypes about countries.

The point was she found the position of seeker boring. Honestly, she felt like at least half the quidditch games she had seen could have been played by two people-the seekers-and ended with the same results. It was such a bizarre rule and position, if you thought about it-which she had from the start... and didn't she remember reading somewhere in Quidditch Through the Ages that the snitch was actually a bird before they were able to enchant a ball to look and do the same thing.

She sighed, hugging, her broom to her chest with crossed arms, not particularly thrilled to be in class. Yep, someone else could answer that question, she'd just give her answer some negative spin and it was a position she mostly ignored when watching because watching a game of chase was boring to her. She only paid attention to the seekers when they were getting aimed at by beaters or at the end when one announced they caught the snitch. She could give a text-book answer about the position at best. Maybe one of the others could provide something? She was hoping Toby, for the possible house points it gain Gryffindor... What? She thought, I can't have a bit of house spirit?

User Image

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:15 am
I don't patronize, I realize
I'm losing and this is my real life
I am half asleep, and I am wide awake
This habit is always so hard to break
I don't want to be the bad guy
I've been blaming myself and I think you know why
I'm counting time, and time's counting you
Every way that I do

User Image
Tobias Philemon Walsh
- Halfblood Gryffindor - Third Year - Twin -
[feeling: surprised] [thinking: ...] [with: Third Years] [at: Advanced Flying]

Toby privately thought that being a Seeker sounded incredibly dangerous and extraordinarily dull- you had to be small and light and therefore somewhat fragile, and if your team won you were celebrated and if your team lost more often then not they blamed your or you blamed yourself. He was considering saying something, but he shut his mouth. Jess would kill him if he didn't let her take this one.

I just can't decide what I'm running from.

Did you say "please just follow me?"
I thought you wanted me
'Cause I want you all to myself
I can try to suck it up
I just can't suck it up
Make me feel like someone else
Please just follow me
I thought you wanted me

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:26 am
I'm fly, the original
I'm sly, unpredictable
I'm nearly irresistible
And I don't even try
I'm easily excitable
Completely undeniable
And sometimes unreliable
Don't ask me why

User Image
Jessamine Cathlin Walsh
~ Halfblood Hufflepuff ~ Third Year ~ Twin ~
{feeling: excited} {thinking: ....} {with: Third Years} {at: Advanced Flying}

Jess actually stepped up a little and started rambling. "Yes! The Seeker is the position that has to catch the Snitch. They're soooo important because the Snitch is worth 150 points and the game doesn't end until they catch it. Their team almost always wins if they catch it, it's very rare for them not to. Seekers have to be small and light- like me, since they have to fly fast and furious while seeking. Everyone goes on about how popular the position is- but we're the most fouled players in games usually, as the opposing team will always try to take us out first. The position was originally referred to as a Hunter, and it might seem like there's nothing to our job- we just look, really." She paused for a breath. "But that's not true. There's a huge amount of pressure. The Beaters will be coming after us, we're looking for a tiny gold ball in a sky packed with brooms and players, and someone else is trying to find and grab that Snitch before we can. You have to be able to just disconnect from all that and really take in everything. That's a whole lot of multitasking. I have to be able to think under an incredibly stressful situation, and not lose it. It's overwhelming." It might be fun, but when you were up there, looking, it felt like the world was bearing down on you until you spotted that Snitch..

They can't rain on my parade; I'm sunshine on a cloudy day.

I'm strange, and I like it
That's just the way I am
I can't change, I can't hide it
That's just the way I am
From a whisper to a shout
On what the buzz is all about
Everybody's buggin' out
And I've only just begun

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:38 am
User ImageUser Image

Multitasking? It's still playing chase in a lot of ways... sometimes I swear half of all games (including sports games) are made while people are drunk or tipsy.

"So essentially it is finding a needle in a haystack while the barn around you is burning but the bad news is the hay isn't flammable?" Ronna asked Jess with a bit of a sigh. No wonder, she never paid much attention to the position when watching games or during try-outs. And, she really didn't have it in her to show enthusiasm for the position. It seemed like a frustrating position, and worse, she was pretty sure Professor Landon was going to have them try the position out. Ronna had agility and a mean swing to her name and very little patience to her name none of which was going to help her with this position. And, it didn't help she was pretty sure that whoever came up with the idea of the seeker and to slap 150 points on catching the snitch instead of something more reasonable like 50 points or maybe 75 points, had to be drunk... very, very, very drunk.

User Image

The Forgotten Weasley

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:43 pm
I have screamed until my veins collapsed
I've waited as my time's elapsed

Now, all I do is live with so much hate
I've wished for this, I've bitched at that
I've left behind this little fact:

You cannot kill what you did not create
I've gotta say what I've gotta say
And then I swear I'll go away

But I can't promise you'll enjoy the noise.

User Image

𝔇mitri 𝕲rigori 𝔎amenev
я никому не уступлю
Third Year

User Image

Dmitri shoved his hands in his pockets silently. His broom leaned against his chest while he tilted his head and waited. The discussion dragged on but he didn't interrupt, he just waited. Seeker was an odd position, a vindictive mistress. It could make you or break you in games regardless of how well everyone else played. But international games were different, the chasers could score up in the hundreds before the snitch is ever found.

User Image

User Image

I guess I'll save the best for last
My future seems like one big past ________

You're left with me 'cause you left me no choice

Quote:

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:06 am
Professor Landon Price
Former Hufflepuff
Advanced Flying Professor

User ImageUser ImageLocation: Class (on the pitch)

Landon listened to the rather in depth answer that Jess gave about Seekers. It was only logical that if you played the position you would have a lot of good points. “Ten points it Hufflepuff for that very in depth answer. Glad to see you enjoy the position despite how tough it can be.” He told Jess with a smile. Looking to Victoria he could tell she wasn’t a fan of the position. “That is a very interesting why of seeing it Miss Kiss. It seems like some Seeker isn’t a position that interests you. Which I won’t hold against you so long as you remain respectful of all the positions in the game that there are.” Landon told her.

"Now this is the golden snitch as you probably all know from playing and watching the game." he said taking out the golden ball and holding it between his fingers showing it around. "Your task today is to find and catch it. Now, I don't expect you to all be expert Seekers just do your best. So as long as you try you'll be given credit for your effort." Landon told them. "So go get on your brooms and have fun." he added as he let go of the snitch and let it fly off.

With: my third year class

OOC: Same rules as Quidditch 19+ to spot, 22+ to catch.

((Outfit in picture))

Essy ze Ninja rolled 1 20-sided dice: 7 Total: 7 (1-20)
PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:31 am
User Image

𝔇mitri 𝕲rigori 𝔎amenev
я никому не уступлю
Third Year

User Image

Dmitri wasn’t surprised to find that he was the first to lunge into action. He hoisted himself upon his broom at the command to get ready and waited for the professor to send off the snitch. In Professor Landon's hand, the golden little sphere sprung to life with effervescent wings. When it was released, he paused for a split second to try and pursue it before blindly diving into the skies and plunging headfirst into the game. He’d never tried seeker before, it was a position rarely used in small mock games he’d played in as a kid, because really, what was the fun in that? Dimi tried not to get distracted is his gaze swiped furiously across the open field.

AC=15
                          L1 L2 L3
                          Skills: Quid MTA, 1 Year Quidditch Exp, AF 1
                          Mods: Natural Flyer, Hold the Line, Great Catch
                          (+3 to seeking/catching) (+5 to flying) (+7 to blocking the quaffle)
                          Roll: 10
                          0/3 to spot
                          0/2 to catch

User Image

User Image

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
mc2 rolled 1 20-sided dice: 12 Total: 12 (1-20)

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:00 am
User ImageUser Image

Okay... note to self learn to shut-up more.

Ronna blushed as Proffesor Price called her out and said with an embarrassed smile, "Finding a needle in a haystack using that description is pretty impressive... besides like you said, seeker isn't a position that personally is for me: wouldn't that give me more reason to respect the position, sir?"

She nodded her head in a slight bow and noticed Dmitri take off first once again. Well, he had done the same thing last time for beater position, but didn't exactly show everyone up either. Honestly, Ronna had more faith in Jess showing promise in this class than anyone else, but figured she needed to put the effort in-after all it was a graded class. And, who knew, maybe she'd find there was some trick to finding the needle in the haystack that was allowed and not obvious-not that she could really think of one. It still seemed like a really frustrating game of chase to her. Once in the air she searched the field hoping to catch sight of this tiny elusive flying ball.

User Image

Roll: 12 + 4 = 16 (still MIA for Ronna)
0/3 to spot
0/2 to catch

AC: 10 +1 (years playing) + 1 (Advance Flying I) +2 (Deft Dodger) +2 (Natural Flyer)=16
Modifiers: (+4 to seeking/catching) (+6 to flying) (+4 to Hitting Bludgers)
+2 Hit Bludger, +2 Avoiding Bludgers, +2 Flying +2 (1 year quidditch team and Advance Flying I)
Special Skills: Mean Swing, Deft Dodger, Natural Flyer
Lives: [O] [O] [O]

{OOC: By the way is there any particular reason in Professor Landon Price's thoughts he always refers to Veronica Kiss as Victoria?}  
Third Year Classes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 18 19 20 21 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff