Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Actors in History [3.5 Sandbox game] (Always Recruiting) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 19 20 21 22 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gabriel Lord of Flame

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:50 am
TheVulgarUnicorn
I'm willing to join ladies and gents.

InsaneKatKing475

I'm pretty sure the more the merrier x3
This so very much this.

The style of play I'm going for requires much in terms of playerXplayer interaction. Oh sure I'll be running the world, creating interesting events, and providing monsters and NPCs but the more players I have to both compete with and work with each other the better. Its one of those weird game types were the more players the DM has the EASIER his job becomes.  
Xenar1 rolled 2 8-sided dice: 4, 3 Total: 7 (2-16)
PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:56 am
indeed. less for you to make and more for us to do ourselves. since this is a sandbox and all i was thinking of going back on my favorites (might still have lycan tacked on though) and i noticed no word on orcs and half orcs. i'm sure the world has one and thus the other.

dice for wolf HD if lycan  

Xenar1

Enduring Lunatic

9,450 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Gabriel Lord of Flame

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:23 am
Xenar1
indeed. less for you to make and more for us to do ourselves. since this is a sandbox and all i was thinking of going back on my favorites (might still have lycan tacked on though) and i noticed no word on orcs and half orcs. i'm sure the world has one and thus the other.

dice for wolf HD if lycan
Any published race is good to go. So yes Orcs/half-orcs are fair game.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:49 am
Zee
male chaotic evil Half-Orc lycanthrope barbarian(1) wolf(2), Level 3, Init +3, HP 34/34, DR 10/silver, Speed 40
AC 15, Touch 13, Flat-footed 12, Fort +8, Ref +6, Will +4, Base Attack Bonus 2
Ghost Touch Sword, b*****d (one hand) 2 (1D10+3, 19-20/×2)
Sword, b*****d (two hands) 6 (1D10+4, 19-20/×2)
(+3 Dex, +2 Natural)
Abilities Str 17, Dex 16, Con 17, Int 8, Wis 14, Cha 10
Condition

personality and description is on the sheet.

currently i have him in or travelling to the southern countries hoping for battle.

i have yet to buy gear but this is my character.  

Xenar1

Enduring Lunatic

9,450 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Gabriel Lord of Flame

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:43 pm
Xenar1
Zee
male chaotic evil Half-Orc lycanthrope barbarian(1) wolf(2), Level 3, Init +3, HP 34/34, DR 10/silver, Speed 40
AC 15, Touch 13, Flat-footed 12, Fort +8, Ref +6, Will +4, Base Attack Bonus 2
Ghost Touch Sword, b*****d (one hand) 2 (1D10+3, 19-20/×2)
Sword, b*****d (two hands) 6 (1D10+4, 19-20/×2)
(+3 Dex, +2 Natural)
Abilities Str 17, Dex 16, Con 17, Int 8, Wis 14, Cha 10
Condition

personality and description is on the sheet.

currently i have him in or travelling to the southern countries hoping for battle.

i have yet to buy gear but this is my character.
and it took me 4 days to notice.... wooooow

But yes looking good.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:47 pm
May I join with some possible help? Never done D&D online so unsure how to make a character with my computer. I read past posts and I kinda see how the rolling of the stats go, but could someone direct me to something like an online character sheet? It's been a few years for me since there wasn't any groups in my homestate and I haven't found one in my new town either so I haven't played since college... I can't remember the info about it but I played a catfolk rogue with my group that I loved if starting at level three would make it feasible to play one again? I've found I'm best at playing a rogue. Had a cleric in my first ever game, but she failed a will save, got possessed, and walked into a wall of fire...wasn't pretty......
Anyways, I'm rambling so I'll shut up now... sweatdrop  

Natura

Blessed Hunter

4,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Partygoer 500

Gabriel Lord of Flame

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:12 am
Natura
May I join with some possible help? Never done D&D online so unsure how to make a character with my computer. I read past posts and I kinda see how the rolling of the stats go, but could someone direct me to something like an online character sheet? It's been a few years for me since there wasn't any groups in my homestate and I haven't found one in my new town either so I haven't played since college... I can't remember the info about it but I played a catfolk rogue with my group that I loved if starting at level three would make it feasible to play one again? I've found I'm best at playing a rogue. Had a cleric in my first ever game, but she failed a will save, got possessed, and walked into a wall of fire...wasn't pretty......
WOOO more people!

Anyway yes you could play a catfolk. Do you have the books needed to create a character on your own? If not 4shared.com has almost every D&D 3.5 book you'll need just know that symbols don't work in their search bar so you'll have to replace them with a spacebar press.

As for Character sheets everyone in this guild seems to have a hardon for http://www.myth-weavers.com/ so just make an account real fast and use the sheets there. it may take some figuring out.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:19 am
purest_heart
Natura
WOOO more people!

Anyway yes you could play a catfolk. Do you have the books needed to create a character on your own? If not 4shared.com has almost every D&D 3.5 book you'll need just know that symbols don't work in their search bar so you'll have to replace them with a spacebar press.

As for Character sheets everyone in this guild seems to have a hardon for http://www.myth-weavers.com/ so just make an account real fast and use the sheets there. it may take some figuring out.
I'll find them on 4shared. I had some stuff on my old computer but haven't been able to get the stuff off the old hard drive since it stopped turning on so will just download new ones. Thanks for the info! whee  

Natura

Blessed Hunter

4,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Partygoer 500

Gabriel Lord of Flame

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:29 am
Natura
purest_heart
Natura
WOOO more people!

I'll find them on 4shared. I had some stuff on my old computer but haven't been able to get the stuff off the old hard drive since it stopped turning on so will just download new ones. Thanks for the info! whee
The DM!

He's here to help!  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:46 am
purest_heart
Natura
purest_heart
Natura
WOOO more people!

The DM!

He's here to help!
So for rolling for ability scores, it's 4d6 with the lowest number not being used, and do that for each ability...so when I read that...I get confused by the dice rolling that people have been doing in here... sweatdrop  

Natura

Blessed Hunter

4,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Partygoer 500

Gabriel Lord of Flame

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:59 am
Natura
purest_heart
Natura
purest_heart
Natura
WOOO more people!

The DM!

He's here to help!
So for rolling for ability scores, it's 4d6 with the lowest number not being used, and do that for each ability...so when I read that...I get confused by the dice rolling that people have been doing in here... sweatdrop
Everyone is rolling as per my being complex house rules for character creation. Basically I'm having everyone roll an extra stat as a "replacement roll" and a 2nd set of stats with its own replacement roll and choosing which stat set they like best.

I do it like this because I in general don't like point buys(the easy way) and gaia dice roller is mean as hell.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:04 am
purest_heart

So instead of 24d6 it's 28d6 but disregard the lowest one, then do it a second time and whichever set you like best is your ability score set? Then you just put the scores where you'd like to put them? Like for me; I'd put the highest number as my Dex mod.
Sorry if I seem a little slow on the uptake...I wanna make sure I get it right the first time. I remember having to redo my first cleric a couple times before my DM accepted her cause I misheard something...  

Natura

Blessed Hunter

4,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Partygoer 500

Gabriel Lord of Flame

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:20 am
Natura
purest_heart

So instead of 24d6 it's 28d6 but disregard the lowest one, then do it a second time and whichever set you like best is your ability score set? Then you just put the scores where you'd like to put them? Like for me; I'd put the highest number as my Dex mod.
Sorry if I seem a little slow on the uptake...I wanna make sure I get it right the first time. I remember having to redo my first cleric a couple times before my DM accepted her cause I misheard something...
While techincally yes I want to keep you thinking it like this:

4d6 rolled 7 times each time removing the lowest roll. Choose the best 6 out of 7 rolls then do it again choosing the 1st or 2nd set, placing your stats as you see fit.

For rouges it's really a matter of how you want to play. Dex, Int, or Cha are all good choices for a rouge but Str and Con are important too. Wisdom is nice for a rouge but it doesn't do much for them beyond up their will save.

Basically, decide what you want to do and place your stats according.  
Natura rolled 20 6-sided dice: 1, 1, 4, 3, 3, 3, 2, 5, 1, 6, 3, 2, 6, 5, 1, 5, 1, 1, 3, 4 Total: 60 (20-120)
PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:32 am
So I'll just do it like the one other person did and do 20 then 8 twice since you can't do more than 20d6 at once.
so here's part one of set one.  

Natura

Blessed Hunter

4,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Partygoer 500
Natura rolled 8 6-sided dice: 6, 3, 5, 1, 6, 1, 4, 4 Total: 30 (8-48)

Natura

Blessed Hunter

4,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:35 am
Natura
So I'll just do it like the one other person did and do 20 then 8 twice since you can't do more than 20d6 at once.
so here's part one of set one.

ouch...8,10,11, 16,8 in that first part. the 16 is nice but still...
here's part two of set one.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 19 20 21 22 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces