Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
Heterophobia within the LGBT community ? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ectoparasite

Beloved Phantom

7,425 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:41 am
Shanna66

fair enough smile we can just disagree on some things. sorry if my post came off at bitchy or anything. lots of sad crap going on at work and sometimes it makes me a little pissy at people who dont quite deserve it

yeah i consider myself white too even though part of my family is from the middle east. dont know where and i dont know anything about that part of my family thanks to a racist grandmother but im really pale like my dad so i just call myself white.

and i totally understand ranting online. i do it too. crap allies being my main pet peeve. and i honestly have no idea what our acronym thing is anymore. i just say lgbt and people know what im talking about. sucks that im leaving some people out but i honestly cannot remember them all

also i hate the term mentally ill which is why i used not mentally sound. i think it sounds nicer. couple things wrong in my brain that i need some meds for but i hate the term illness with long term things that have kind of had a hand in making me who i am

aha, it's fine. actually i was a bit worried i came off as pissy? i just have really strong feelings on this subject ehe........

and yeah!! the way i feel is as long as no one is randomly harassing cishets (which i've never seen, and i don't believe it's common) then everything's cool

ahh, fair enough!! have you considered using the term neurodivergent or neuroatypical? it's sort of a blanket term for cognitive disorders, mental illness, etc. and as a mentally ill autistic person i think it works well smile

(i only mention using another term bc i get Weird About Words and "not mentally sound" sounds a bit clunky to me?? it doesn't matter what word(s) you use uvu/)

also thank you for being understanding ahh!!! a lot of people aren't, and i've seen some pretty nasty arguments about it  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:38 pm
fernsehen
Shanna66

fair enough smile we can just disagree on some things. sorry if my post came off at bitchy or anything. lots of sad crap going on at work and sometimes it makes me a little pissy at people who dont quite deserve it

yeah i consider myself white too even though part of my family is from the middle east. dont know where and i dont know anything about that part of my family thanks to a racist grandmother but im really pale like my dad so i just call myself white.

and i totally understand ranting online. i do it too. crap allies being my main pet peeve. and i honestly have no idea what our acronym thing is anymore. i just say lgbt and people know what im talking about. sucks that im leaving some people out but i honestly cannot remember them all

also i hate the term mentally ill which is why i used not mentally sound. i think it sounds nicer. couple things wrong in my brain that i need some meds for but i hate the term illness with long term things that have kind of had a hand in making me who i am

aha, it's fine. actually i was a bit worried i came off as pissy? i just have really strong feelings on this subject ehe........

and yeah!! the way i feel is as long as no one is randomly harassing cishets (which i've never seen, and i don't believe it's common) then everything's cool

ahh, fair enough!! have you considered using the term neurodivergent or neuroatypical? it's sort of a blanket term for cognitive disorders, mental illness, etc. and as a mentally ill autistic person i think it works well smile

(i only mention using another term bc i get Weird About Words and "not mentally sound" sounds a bit clunky to me?? it doesn't matter what word(s) you use uvu/)

also thank you for being understanding ahh!!! a lot of people aren't, and i've seen some pretty nasty arguments about it

it is a bit clunky lol. luckily it usually doesnt come up in conversation that often. the only issue i have that i feel bothers me enough to need fixing because it interferes with everyday life in my anxiety so thats the only thing i tell people i have if it comes up in conversation

hey, everyone has different opinions smile  

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200

MistMoon6839

Fashionable Kitten

7,800 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:21 am
Yup, I have noticed it more when I get on Tumblr, as I follow some LGBT ones.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:26 am
TigerLilyChick
I notice that this happens a lot on Tumblr, because people on Tumblr think that it's best to fight hate with hate.

yes and i see this with a lot of other groups too. it's really sad sad  

TulipMeows

Powerful Nymph

11,200 Points
  • Divorced 100
  • Streaker 200
  • Ultimate Player 200

OkayIGotIt

Enduring Paladin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:13 pm
Can we all just get along, please? smile  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:19 pm
I think heterophobia is just as silly as homophobia rolleyes  

Dogdemon_5

Omnipresent Heckler

11,925 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

VeganIncubus

Sparkling Man-Lover

12,250 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Tooth Fairy 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:50 pm
arrow Not trusting and being slightly wary of straight people isn't heterophobia. Making light of them and finding queer only spaces, as well as telling them that they aren't part of the community isn't discrimination, or asking them to stop dictating our behaviour and/or our identities. It's just an involuntary reflex to how we've been treated.  
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff