Welcome to Gaia! ::

Digimon: Tamer Island Guild

Back to Guilds

#1 Digimon Guild where you can actually be a Tamer with your very own Digimon. 

Tags: Digimon, Tamer, Island, Digimon Tamer, Tamer Island 

Reply Digimon Tamer Island (Digimon Guild RP Forum)
Digimon RP Q & A Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shadow of Miracles

Friendly Seeker

6,800 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 2:05 pm
-InsertEgoHere- Liger
lief_7

-EM- Epic Muffin

I am quoting you three because I believe that you are the RP moderators (if I am missing anyone then I apologize)

All players immediately start off with their digimon being able to reach ultimate level. I don't see how skipping from Rookie to Ultimate would be uneven when the other person can just digivolve to ultimate level as well.

Warp Digivolution, Matrix Digivolution, Warp DNA digivolution, Slide Digivolution. All of these features were cannon in the anime, movies, and mangas of the Digimon series. I don't think we can really call ourselves a digimon guild when we are excluding certain features that are known to all digmon fans out there. If these features aren't allowed then that takes away from the experience of roleplaying digimon. I want to be able to use different kinds of digivolution and I'm sure other players want to do the same.

If there was actually a battle system that involved HP and attack and defense mechanics then I can understand the unfairness a feature like Warp digivolution would create, but as mentioned in The Roleplay Master System:

"4. As you can see, our battle system is currently free-play--meaning that there are little to no limitations placed on it to encourage user freedom."

I would like to point out that Biomerge Digivolution involves a human fusing with a rookie level digimon to enter the Mega level stage of that digimon's digivolution. This features skips all the other stages leading up to Mega. If we are saying that Warp Digivolution is unfair then does that mean Biomerge is unfair as well as will be taken down?

The point that I am making is that I think you RP moderators needs to think about this issue more carefully. Lief wasn't quite sure about what digivolutions were and were not allowed. According to his responses, he didn't seem to have a problem until Liger decided to make the final decision. Which makes me think that the decision to "ban" these digivolution features was a decision made by one RP moderator instead of all RP moderators.

I apologize, but I wasn't sure where to post this so if this thread was the incorrect place then we should move this conversation to the appropriate place. If you RP moderators decide to not respond then I hope that you will consider the points I have made and properly update the rules so that other members can be aware what digivolutions are allowed. But do note that if you are banning Warp Digivolution from the RP then you will also need to remove Biomerge Digivolution because both of those digivolutions skip champion and ultimate levels.  
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 6:49 pm
lief_7

Good to know Liger, I wasn't sure since we hadn't posted that anywhere I don't think. I can add it to the clarifications if you would like.

My mistake, I assumed that Epic Muffin included it in the master system that he created and transferred.

Shadow of Miracles

These were the decision that we decided as a group to ensure that there is an evenness in the battles that take place in the RP based off previous experiences where members would claim advantage over one another by have a massive number of digimon go directly from Rookie to Mega in a single fight and then attack, completely overwhelming another player and overall killing the desire to Role-play because this would happen so often

To manage this better, we placed limitations on the way battles take place go, including the following:
-No rapid digivolution or any other method that would increase the speed of digivolution.
*Biomerging (since you felt the need to include it), as it is a method of achieving mega level only is in a category all its own, hence the reason you have to work to earn the ability to Biomerging,
-No digivolving and attacking within the same post
-No attacking while in the process of traveling.

These are all methods implemented in hopes to making the RP system equal for all.

Hopefully this should answer your questions. These were all things that were discussed between the RP mods. The reason I jumped in was to quickly answer for when Lief said that he ask the others.

No for your last statement before the apology, I'm going to answer this right now as direct as possible because I'm quite tired of you doing this continually and it needs to stop.

It is fine to ask questions and even voice that you don't understand and would like to know better on why, but when you go into assuming instability because YOU don't like the answer you've been give, that's when it becomes insulting, rude, and an example on why you're in the position that you're in now. If you have comments, this:

"The point that I am making is that I think you RP moderators needs to think about this issue more carefully. Lief wasn't quite sure about what digivolutions were and were not allowed. According to his responses, he didn't seem to have a problem until Liger decided to make the final decision. Which makes me think that the decision to "ban" these digivolution features was a decision made by one RP moderator instead of all RP moderators. "

Please keep these comments either to yourself on in PM. This is strike two. And for the record, if you're going to quote something, please do yourself a favor and quote the entire statement.

Quote:
As you can see, our battle system is currently free-play--meaning that there are little to no limitations placed on it to encourage user freedom. This does not mean that we can't put limitations on it, so please use the freedom we've initially given wisely.

Though this particular instance was a miscommunication error, HOW DARE you assume that I cannot add/subtract anything from the rules. As Vice-Captain and head of the Role-play thread, I can do whatever the hell I want to do! Let it be known, I have a manner of fairness so even if I did, it would never be anything that would only be a benefit to myself or a single person.  

-InsertEgoHere- Liger
Crew

Married Shapeshifter

14,450 Points
  • Married 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Shadow of Miracles

Friendly Seeker

6,800 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 10:24 pm
-InsertEgoHere- Liger

I send a PM with my response.

==========

I want to give my two digimon the chance to DNA, but I also want them to be able to digivolve independent of each other.

How can I go about doing this?  
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 12:14 am
Shadow of Miracles
-InsertEgoHere- Liger

==========

I want to give my two digimon the chance to DNA, but I also want them to be able to digivolve independent of each other.

Basically, you would make both as their regular lines, and put the digimon that results from their dna at the end of one of their lines, assuming that the result is a mega level digimon. That way, you can access both of their lines.  

Sorgaren

Enduring Receiver

9,700 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Marathon 300

Shadow of Miracles

Friendly Seeker

6,800 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 7:04 am
I know I have been asking too many questions, but I still have more to ask and they're about my digimon registration..

Would it be better if I just PM you my questions? I don't want to be a bother or annoy anyone with my questions.
-EM- Epic Muffin
Shadow of Miracles
-InsertEgoHere- Liger

==========

Basically, you would make both as their regular lines, and put the digimon that results from their dna at the end of one of their lines, assuming that the result is a mega level digimon. That way, you can access both of their lines.

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 8:24 am
Shadow of Miracles
I know I have been asking too many questions, but I still have more to ask and they're about my digimon registration..

Would it be better if I just PM you my questions? I don't want to be a bother or annoy anyone with my questions.

The questions are fine, if anything, if you could post them all at the same time in stead of post by post, what would be wonderful! It would be much easier to copy and paste should we stumble on something, like the situation with Warp Digivolution be mentioned that is important and needs to be posted in the beginning as a Frequently asked questions (FAQ).  

-InsertEgoHere- Liger
Crew

Married Shapeshifter

14,450 Points
  • Married 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Shadow of Miracles

Friendly Seeker

6,800 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 9:26 am
-InsertEgoHere- Liger
Shadow of Miracles

The questions are fine, if anything, if you could post them all at the same time in stead of post by post, what would be wonderful! It would be much easier to copy and paste should we stumble on something, like the situation with Warp Digivolution be mentioned that is important and needs to be posted in the beginning as a Frequently asked questions (FAQ).

Alright, thank you. My questions are very specific, but I hope they will help other players in case they have questions similar to mine. In that case here are my questions:

1) I plan on using DNA on my Veemon and Wormmon. This will only be temporary as my plan is to eventually give them independent digivolution lines. I think the real question I am trying to ask is if I'm allowed to change my digimon's digivolution line later in the RP? If that doesn't make sense then here is an example:

Here would be Veemon's first line: Veemon -> ExVeemon -> Paildramon -> Imperialdramon -> Imperialdramon FM

Later in the RP, his digivolution line changes to this: Veemon -> Veedramon -> AeroVeedramon -> UlforceVeedramon

Would this be allowed? Or would I have to stick with the original digivolution line that I created for my digimon?

2) I am having trouble choosing my six digimon since I have gathered many digimon throughout my time in DTI. I have four digimon that I know I will for sure take with me, but I am having trouble choosing the remaining two. Would it be okay if I just register the four digimon and leave the last two spots empty until I can choose?

3) If the above is not allowed then will I be able to exchange my digimon later in the RP? Like if I choose Agumon [DS] as one of my digimon, but later I decide to switch him for Agumon X then would that be allowed?

4) I know that we are only allowed to have one titled digimon, but three of the digimon I want to travel with have mega evolutions that are titled digimon. Can a player be allowed to change what titled digimon they want present in their digimon team? Like maybe for one mission the titled digimon is Gallantmon, but for a different digimon the titled digimon switches to Dynasmon. Would that be okay or would that be breaking the rules?

Here is what I have so far. Thank you.

EDIT

Sorry I actually do have one last question.

5) I want to use the baby and in-training forms of Guilmon: Jyarimon and Gigimon. However, I do not have the art for them. Would I be allowed to use the baby and in-training forms for the RP only?  
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 10:23 am
Shadow of Miracles

Quote:
1) I plan on using DNA on my Veemon and Wormmon. This will only be temporary as my plan is to eventually give them independent digivolution lines. I think the real question I am trying to ask is if I'm allowed to change my digimon's digivolution line later in the RP? If that doesn't make sense then here is an example:

Here would be Veemon's first line: Veemon -> ExVeemon -> Paildramon -> Imperialdramon -> Imperialdramon FM

Later in the RP, his digivolution line changes to this: Veemon -> Veedramon -> AeroVeedramon -> UlforceVeedramon

Would this be allowed? Or would I have to stick with the original digivolution line that I created for my digimon?

To change your digimon's starting line, you must acquire moderator approval to change a digimon's line. Otherwise you have to pick and remain with a straight [F]& [T] (optional) R-C-U-M-Extra/S line per digimon.

Quote:
2) I am having trouble choosing my six digimon since I have gathered many digimon throughout my time in DTI. I have four digimon that I know I will for sure take with me, but I am having trouble choosing the remaining two. Would it be okay if I just register the four digimon and leave the last two spots empty until I can choose?

(Good Question, archived)
Yes, your first six slots are free to add as you feel you are ready to add them. Just be sure to let us know when and what you plan to add to those extra slots so we can edit them into your profile, this will have to be done in the request thread, in a separate post with one of us quoted.

However, if you ever fill the need to change any of those six after you've chosen, you will have to get permission which may or may not include some form of approval test (i.e rp sample) explaining why you're changing digimon.

Quote:
3) If the above is not allowed then will I be able to exchange my digimon later in the RP? Like if I choose Agumon [DS] as one of my digimon, but later I decide to switch him for Agumon X then would that be allowed?

See second part of #2

Quote:
4) I know that we are only allowed to have one titled digimon, but three of the digimon I want to travel with have mega evolutions that are titled digimon. Can a player be allowed to change what titled digimon they want present in their digimon team? Like maybe for one mission the titled digimon is Gallantmon, but for a different digimon the titled digimon switches to Dynasmon. Would that be okay or would that be breaking the rules?

Switching titled digimon would fit into the same category as needing approval except on a much 'harsher' scale. Otherwise, it is one titled digimon per tamer... period.

Quote:
5) I want to use the baby and in-training forms of Guilmon: Jyarimon and Gigimon. However, I do not have the art for them. Would I be allowed to use the baby and in-training forms for the RP only?

You will need permission from all the moderators to have "fake" digimon. Usually not a problem, but this request includes stages other than fresh and in-training as well. Depending on the digimon, the answer make shift from a yes to a no, usually a no if the result would be a stage that is higher than normal rank.  

-InsertEgoHere- Liger
Crew

Married Shapeshifter

14,450 Points
  • Married 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

dragonianflame

Omnipresent Lunatic

10,375 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 10:44 am
im only slightly getting this, but i want to use my lotusmon but i dont have art for a rookie form, would i still be able to use the rookie form in rp?  
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 11:00 am
dragonianflame
im only slightly getting this, but i want to use my lotusmon but i dont have art for a rookie form, would i still be able to use the rookie form in rp?

Hum that's a hard one, I see you have the ultimate and mega forms, you could possibly get permission to use them for now but you would have to request from the crew. The other thing you could do is use Renamon and Kyubimon as the rookie and champion stages and a lilamon and Lotusmon as the others. It's not exactly logical and I figure you probably wanted to use renamons whole line too so I would try the first method if I were you.  

lief_7
Crew

nuGen Staff Lead

22,875 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Gaian 50

-InsertEgoHere- Liger
Crew

Married Shapeshifter

14,450 Points
  • Married 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 11:01 am
dragonianflame

This is a case where you would be granted the lowest rank digimon that could fill that slot. In your case where your digimon lacks both a Rookie and Champion form you would be allowed to RP with its lowest stages... just request which ones you would like to fill that role.

For lotusmon, you get Floramon and Kiwimon

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 11:23 am
-InsertEgoHere- Liger

Thank you for answering. From the responses it appears that I will need permission from the RP moderators if I want to make changes. Which means I will just need to try these things out myself and then when the time arises PM you RP moderators to see if I can make changes 3nodding

In that case I will follow proper protocol and PM all the RP moderators in order to ask for permission to use "fake" digimon.

The RP moderators are -InsertEgoHere- Liger, -EM- Epic Muffin, and Lief_7? If I am missing any moderators please let me know.  

Shadow of Miracles

Friendly Seeker

6,800 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

KiroMishima
Crew

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 12:01 pm
Shadow of Miracles
-InsertEgoHere- Liger

Thank you for answering. From the responses it appears that I will need permission from the RP moderators if I want to make changes. Which means I will just need to try these things out myself and then when the time arises PM you RP moderators to see if I can make changes 3nodding

In that case I will follow proper protocol and PM all the RP moderators in order to ask for permission to use "fake" digimon.

The RP moderators are -InsertEgoHere- Liger, -EM- Epic Muffin, and Lief_7? If I am missing any moderators please let me know.

Only one you didn't mention was me : )  
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 12:37 pm
I knew that I was missing someone. I'm sorry, Karan. I will make sure to send my PM to you as well and to make sure that you are included whenever I am asking permission for anything RP related.

Darkfire Karan
Shadow of Miracles
-InsertEgoHere- Liger

Only one you didn't mention was me : )

Shadow of Miracles

Friendly Seeker

6,800 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

-InsertEgoHere- Liger
Crew

Married Shapeshifter

14,450 Points
  • Married 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 6:56 pm
Shadow of Miracles
-InsertEgoHere- Liger

To make it easier, you can just post your request in the Digimon Roster & Request thread and quote all of us. 3nodding  
Digimon Tamer Island (Digimon Guild RP Forum)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games