Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { The Lost Clans } -------------- Lost Clans Reserve/ Lost Clans Home
[PRP] Not The Dad You Are Looking For (Uttam / Hel) [FIN] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lucyal
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:10 pm
"Ah...it is odd because I am not one of your kind, is what you are saying?" Way to single her out like that, Uttam, jeepers. The reaper then grinned though. "I am Famine." Her grin widened. "He is my Gramps, and my familiar is named Famine, and Gramps gave me Famine clothes!" Plus the name. Certainly she was qualified now. "And yanno what you are like? An uncle!" Hel was just grinning crazily now, before it mellowed out as Uttam clammed up.

"You do not know that...try me!" She was now dreadfully curious.

Carhop Cavalier

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:34 pm
"I yield, I yield. You are a part of us, I was just saying it was unusual when not given the context. And...thank you." He sighed, shaking his head. Uncle? He was her uncle now? Well... hrm. That was an odd spot to be in. He'd been an uncle before - and his nephews had died. He would be a bit reluctant with this one, but... well, she wasn't so bad. He'd keep her at arm's length for the time being, however.

"...fine." The Soldier resigned, placing the ring aside. "These aren't glorious stories, mind you. No glamour to be found."

lucyal

Carhop Cavalier

Familiar Teenager

Lucyal
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:57 pm
It was terribly satisfying to hear Uttam say that. For quite a few reasons. One being that he was of Famine, two being that this was the first time she had spent a lot of time with him, and third, and the most important, that he was good friends with Gramps and saying this. When the horseman finally agreed to tell her though, Hel was ready.

She tucked her notebook away in her side pouch, along with her pen, and then scooted closer to Uttam. She nodded her head solemnly, and he had her undivided attention.

Carhop Cavalier

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:29 pm
Shifting to a more comfortable position and crossing his legs, Uttam cleared his throat and looked towards the ground. He wasn't proud of what he was about to tell her. What he divulged here would be a secret kept between them - he hoped she knew that. Just in case, though... "Hel, I need you to never tell anyone these stories. Can you promise Uncle that?" He nearly pleaded, golden eyes suddenly weak.

"Truth is, Hel, I haven't been in many fights. I don't enjoy fighting - yet I am good at it." He sighed, squirming. "My strength is in my brain, it is why I read. I get others to fight wars for me while I stay comfortable in the background."

lucyal

Carhop Cavalier

Familiar Teenager

Lucyal
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:47 pm
Hel blinked as Uttam was now swearing her to secrecy. Woah. Alright. The reaper nodded her head again. "I shall take it to my grave and beyond." She informed him seriously. "That is my word." And her word was to death.

She pulled her knees up and rested her arms on them as she listened, and well...his words kind of surprised her! But, luckily, having a friend like Mot, who did not like to fight, had helped her to become a bit more accepting of those who did not thrive on battle like she did.

"I see." She replied, and tilted her head a bit. "If you do not enjoy fighting...then why do you do it at all?"

Carhop Cavalier

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:09 pm
Good. He was glad to see she accepted it so easily.

"There are some things worth my time and effort - causes, friendships, ideals. Those are the things I fight for - and will fight against my fellows for." He rumbled at the end, shuffling more. An angry spark flashed across his face, a deep sigh heaving from his chest. "I fought a human once, killed him even. It wasn't satisfying... he cried. They all cry, they have emotions like we do. They are capable of full thoughts. They are just... not immortal. That is what makes us better, but only from the standpoint of longevity."

He paused for a minute, shaking his head. "I am one of the few who thinks they are not cattle to be killed for food. Don't let that out either."

lucyal

Carhop Cavalier

Familiar Teenager

Lucyal
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:54 pm
As Uttam elaborated more, Hel couldn't help but feel like they were pretty similar, actually. The things he listed, she'd fight for too, if not a few other things...but she did love to fight, no matter what the cause, and well...she didn't kill any humans, either. The corner of the reaper's lips pulled down briefly as he spoke about killing the human, and her eyes lidded.

The darker nature of the horsemen...the one she'd been putting off thinking about too hard because of...

Hel was sucked back into her thoughts, and it took a moment before Uttam would received a reply. "Ah..." She shook her head. "Of course not...it all stays here." Hel patted the spot over her heart and fell silent for a moment. "I used to have wings, once, but they were torn off by a hunter, so, for a time, I truly hated them, and for also...what they did to your home...but..." She sighed and looked a bit mad at herself. "But my views on them are currently mixed, for, like how you are not the same as your kind...not all hunters, I am learning, are the same as their kind...so I speak to them, because I want to learn, and some ask me...if I have harmed or killed humans..."

Hel shook her head. "The answer, of course, is no. I would not harm or kill that which sustains me, and those I love...but I do know..." She nodded her head at him. "That is the view of your kind...of the Horsemen, to look down upon humans...to not think twice about harming or killing." Hel frowned briefly. "I...do not like thinking about it too hard, I admit....because..." Hel glanced down briefly, her frown deepening, before she looked back up at Uttam. "I do not want to think that Gramps does that."

She paused. "So I am relieved, though, to hear that you do not think that way."

Carhop Cavalier

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:29 pm
Uttam sighed, shaking his head. He hated thinking hard about this sort of subject material too, seeing as it made him question so many of the ideals their cultures were founded on. He knew Salbei had killed before - not directly, but still to blame. Poisons and diseases, that sort of thing.

"In a dream, or perhaps it was real - I'm not certain - I was in a team with a few Hunters and a few students, like you. We joined together to fight a common enemy, and we prevailed. I learned much about Hunters, and that they are not completely terrible. Yes, they destroyed my home. Yes, they killed my nieces and nephews. But.. I realize that our clans have done the same. Death births death, as revenge births revenge." He sighed, sadly shaking his head.

"I am glad you understand, Hel."

lucyal

Carhop Cavalier

Familiar Teenager

Lucyal
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:20 pm
Hel nodded her head vigorously. She thought she may have been apart of that same...dream reality. Where she shared experiences with friend and foe alike. Where they worked through other memories together and then gave up memories to help put away what threatened them all. Hel also nodded her head at Uttam's words.

"Ya and I was stuck in that, once upon a time...but I was getting tired of the same results." She reached up and rubbed the back of her head. "I have new philosophies now...if you always do what you have always done, than you will always get what you have always gotten." She grinned a bit, nodding her head firmly. "So I want what I want, but how I have been doing it before has sucked balls, as were my results...so now I go about it differently! I wish more did."

She lowered her hand and smiled wider at him, flashing him a thumbs up. "We just gotta keep going though, eh?"

Carhop Cavalier

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:34 pm
"Yes, just keep going." Uttam nodded with a smile, a soft giggle coming form his throat. At least this filly was positive - it was nice being around a positive person like her. Maybe that was his first step to accomplishing recovery and becoming more of a fighter for his ideals - surround himself with positive people.

Quickly, he pulled the ring off the table and finished carving the final circle into it. "Thank you for keeping company with me, Hel. It's been a pleasure." He said, handing her the wood ring with a ginger touch. "Feel free to come and visit Uncle Uttam whenever you'd like."

lucyal

Carhop Cavalier

Familiar Teenager

Lucyal
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:02 pm
Hel did have moments, as few and far in between they were, where she was genuinely surprised. This was one of them. Uttam actually thanked her for keeping him company? It was a pleasure? She was actually told she was free to come and visit him anytime? If Hel was a lesser ghoul, she'd be sparkling right now, but she wasn't, so she didn't.

Instead her eyes went wide and she was about to say something, right up until Uttam placed a wooden ring he made into her hand. Her head snapped down to stare at it, and her chest felt tight with emotion. Emotion and happy, giddy feelings.

"THANK YOU SO MUCH!" She cried, lunging at the horseman and wrapping her arms tightly around him in a hug, making a fist around the ring to keep it safe in her hand while she did so.

Carhop Cavalier

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:42 pm
Uttam was not touchy in any way, shape, or form. He was a predominately solitary creature that thrived off the solidarity of old books and independent work. Hugging was very much foreign to him, and Hel's hug was...

Well, it was special. Uttam sat in shock for a few seconds, before awkwardly and gingerly putting a single arm around her, his fingers hardly touching the ghoul's backbone. He didn't even notice the loudness which which she had shrieked her thanks.

"Y-you are welcome, Hel." He choked out, blinking with a blank face. H e l p....

lucyal

Carhop Cavalier

Familiar Teenager

Lucyal
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:57 pm
Well, unfortunately for Uttam, Hel held onto him for a few long moments, not at all minding the way how he didn't really hug her back. Hey, she felt the butterfly touches on her spine! She'd take it.

Finally the reaper released him though, and leaned back, giddily sliding the ring onto her right ring finger. She took a moment to admire the wooden ring there, wiggling her finger and then sliding her other fingers over it, pleased as punch that it wouldn't catch anything. "Bitchin." Based on the earlier talk though, she knew this was her cue to leave, so Hel pushed herself up to her feet...and then leaned over Uttam again to give him a peck to the forehead. "THANK YOU!" She exclaimed in earnest, and then all but flew over to the entry of the tent, where she quickly pulled on her boots.

"See ya, Uncutta!" She cried, waving a hand before she ran out of the tent.

Carhop Cavalier

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:10 pm
alksjdlaskj.

Three. Two... One...

Okay, she was gone. He waved a weak goodbye, mouthing the words 'see you soon' before uncrossing his legs and flopping into his bed-mat, staring wide eyed at the ceiling. She was so exhausting that he was too tired to even sleep now. Good exhausting but... Jack be damned, the filly was a sandsharknado.

His forehead still burned from where she'd pecked him, too. All the touching and the feeling and the feelings - he needed to nap.

Or read. Maybe on Reapers and their Halloween associates.

lucyal

Carhop Cavalier

Familiar Teenager

{ The Lost Clans } -------------- Lost Clans Reserve/ Lost Clans Home

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out