Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "RPC" *Roleplay Central*
ⓣ ⓐ ⓜ ⓐ ⓒ ⓤ ⓝ ::.. o p e n : needs characters Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ouijiji-san

Desirable Star

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:39 am
"Ha, that's a good one" the girl mumbled to herself as she scrolled through her feed and switched back to her story board when her editor passed by, then back to her blog to continue reading through the comments. It was living the life, to be payed to sit indoors all day and read and type, a job perfect for her. Her editor however, didn't quite think the same, rudely shaking her awake from her oh-so-pleasant dream. "Nooooo" she moaned, wrapping her blanket even more tightly around her. "C'mon, we're here already. Time to get off the plane" her editor grumbled, vigorously shaking her even more to bother her. "Wake me up when I care" she replied with a yawn and buried herself deeper into her thick blanket before it was rudely ripped away from her and the blinds on the window thrown open "We are getting off right now!" Her manager demanded, stamping their feet. With a scowl, Luka reluctantly got up and off the plane, wrapped up in her blanket that shielded her from the sun. "This is stupid..." she muttered, looking around through her fancy glasses that changed into sunglasses when in the sun (though she rarely left the house enough to really use them). "I'm here, I'm awake, what more-" suddenly, she started to go into a sneezing fit "do- y-you want?!"she finished with a final sneeze, blowing her nose on billionth piece of tissue since she's left her home back in New York. "Stupid allergies, stupid weather, stupid editor, stupid heat..." Luka complained about everything to the bone as she sat on the bus to her hotel in her layers of clothing, her own belief that the more she wore, the less sick she'll feel. Her outfit made her look more suspicious than inconspicuous, with dark sunglasses, scarf and coat, that covered half her face and her blanket covering the rest if her body. Underneath her heavy layer system, the island heat really was getting to her, but her stubbornness wouldn't allow her to take a single thing off. "I'll go and drop your luggage off in your room, all right? Go and explore or something. You'll be here for a week, might as well find something else to do." Luka wanted to punch her editor, but instead, went through her bags for a parasol and growled at them "Sure, leave me to die in allergy paradise!" Pulling up her parasol, she stomped off in her odd, literally hot and heavy, outfit and a box of tissues to find what else may kill her on this island besides her allergies.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:40 am
"Sound Like a lie? Not at all. If sound were the only thing I was going off of I'd be more inclined to mind my own business and not ask anymore on the subject. But I'm not just going off sound. The Eye patch means I'm mising an eye, not blind. I noticed that short but all too familiar pause you took to think. If your words were really the truth you wouldn't have needed time to think at all. I've had the displeasure of seeing too many doctors use that kind of pause when talking to me. So you could say with a high degree of accuracy that I know when I'm being lied to."

Then Maurice sighed. He didn't like being lied to. But they surely had to have good reasons. "I don't know why You're lying to me, And I don't really want to know because I don't want to force you to bring up any potential bad memories. I can also understand your lack of trust toward me, after all, I am new to the island personally and I am what I am. Most people fear what they don't understand. And not many people understand that people with Gigantism, like me, are still human beings."

Then he sighed and looked at the food infront of him for a moment. "I am perhaps in a better place to try to understand others, as I am a human giant. I'm living my life my way, but I'll be lucky if live another year. It's too bad magic isn't real. If I could find some, I'd make it so that Being a giant wasn't life threatening for me, and then I could finally be free of constant doctors visits and the never ending list of experimental medicines...If only..." and then Maurice started slowly eating with a long sigh of frustration. His mood clearly had changed, He didn't sound good. He was a little depressed, because on the subject of magic he had allowed himself to get his hopes up, but he'd also dashed his own hopes the instant he reminded himself that magic wasn't real.  

Wire_Colossus

Versatile Shapeshifter

3,875 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Gender Swap 100

Ouijiji-san

Desirable Star

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:50 pm
Every time that Luka sneezed, all if her layers seemed to jump off her. "That's it, I need to swallow down that gross stuff whether I like it or not." As she reached for her allergy medicine however and shook it, it was empty. Then she remembered that she had used up the last of it on the plane to the island. With a loud groan, she wanted to just collapse there and wait to be dragged away, but she wasn't that lazy. Not yet. All she saw were gift shops and cafés galore. "This is it. This is how I'm gonna die. No phone, no computer, not even wi-fi. Just me, left alone with my horrible allergies out in the world..." Luka began to go on an internal monologue, acting out the part as she slumped down onto the sidewalk in her getup, curling up into a ball with her blanket until she saw it: a sign, a literal sign of a doctor's office. Quickly getting up and brushing the dust and questionable stares, she set off for possibly, even a temporary cure from her misery. "Please tell me you guys have allergy medicine?" she asked the girl standing in the doorway breathlessly, her voice muffled behind her scarf that his half her face.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:24 pm
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

ⓛ ⓔ ⓝ ⓞ ⓡ ⓔ

"Mountain lion, huh?" Her grandma murmured in an amused tone before waving her hand and went back to her corner, rolling pastry dough. Lenore watched as the foreign women spoke, barely snapping out of it to take her money. After a brief second, she seemed to startle herself and proceeded to cup the money in her hand, cradling it in her palm.
She slipped the money into the register before moving to the display and, using a pair of tongs, picked up the pastry and slipped it into a brown paper bag. "How long are you staying here, miss?" She asked, curious about the lady. She was clearly captivated, the scar over her eye only making the young girl more intrigued.

ⓔ ⓤ ⓡ ⓔ ⓚ ⓐ

Eureka said nothing, eating the toast first. She was mindful at least, lowering her eyes as she chewed. Maurice sounded so sad. She looked at Renardo, who was busy eating as well before looking at Maurice. "I don't know if magic exists, but you are here now and that is a wonderful thing. I'm glad you've decided to live on Tamacun. I hope we can become close friends," she offered.

ⓡ ⓔ ⓝ ⓐ ⓡ ⓓ ⓞ

Of course Maurice was smarter than that. He was also a lot more depressing than Renardo thought he was. He could not offer the same condolences as Eureka so he decided to say nothing, swallowing a piece of ham. He certainly was an interesting fellow though; Eureka was always attracted to unique individuals. He could tell she wanted to make him feel at home. He finished his breakfast quickly and slipped the dish into the sink. He didn't bother cleaning it until everyone was finished and just washed his hands.
"So, what were your plans for today, Maurice?" He asked, in hopes to break the awkwardness.

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

Greedy Fat Cat

Greedy Fatcat

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:35 pm
A month, I hope. I said, taking the pastry with a smile. I can't really afford to stay longer. But it's a beautiful place already; I may have to visit again.

I sniffed the pastry through the paper bag. The sweet smell of mango mixed with the papaya... it smelled like a tropical danish! I pulled off a piece with my fingers and took a bite, eager to try the new treat. I closed my eyes and made a happy 'Mmm.' noise.

After a moment I snapped back to reality. I looked back at the friendly girl at the counter.

This pastry is delicious. Mm. You're a local, right? I'm not here for the tourist traps-- what's the best places around here? You know, places to eat, things to do? I already found the best place for pastries! I said with a smile, before pulling out another piece of yummy, gooey pastry and eating it happily as I waited for her to answer.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:42 pm
Maya stepped back and waited for Jason to open the door, figuring that maybe he was still setting up. She was about to knock again when she saw Luka. The amount of layers she was wearing confused Maya, as she was wearing only her bathing suit and shoes, yet knew by now that the heat would make even that feel oppressive. She leaned forward to knock again, knowing the girl standing next to her really needed the doctor. "Yeah, he's a doctor. He has everything," she replied even as she knocked. "Sometimes I even bring animals to him, but I don't think he minds."
Many times over the years, Maya had come into this exact office, holding an injured animal like a baby bird or even a skunk, crying and begging the doctor to help the poor thing. She had no furry patients with her today, but had only come to ask whether he wanted to go swimming with her. He would probably be busy for most of the day, but maybe he might have some free time somewhere.

minus infinity

Fluffy Fatcat

Eternal_PrinceOfFire

Dedicated Hunter

10,425 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:26 pm
Jason was in the small reception area of the island's medical clinic when he heard a knock. The doctor opened it up and saw Maya there. "Yes, I was in the process of opening up" he replied. He then turned his head to Luka. "Oh, who's this? A new face? What can I do for you?" the doctor asked.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:38 pm

ⓐ ⓜ ⓞ ⓡ ⓨ

Amory held the watermelon with both his hands, clearly not having thought about the size of it when he bought it. He also had to be careful about his camera, so he struggled to walk around. He found a small restaurant to which he could rest in. It looked like it was just opening and he was getting a little hungry, having skipped out on eating anything. Tarla. He recognized the name from the inn brochure, since Tarla was one of the few restaurants on the island. He entered the restaurant with his camera and watermelon, looking around in a bit of amazement.

ⓛ ⓔ ⓝ ⓞ ⓡ ⓔ

Lenore grinned, leaning over the counter with interest. "Tarla is a restaurant here that makes very good food. My family goes occasionally. The inn you're probably staying at is run by my mum!" She admitted. Her grandma looked at her with a roll of her eyes. That child would always get excited talking to strangers.

"And then there's this place by Meri. I'm not old enough to drink there, but weird people own and work at that place. They're known to surf around the north beach. They're pretty famous on that island. And I heard that they serve s**t drinks," she said bluntly. Her grandma turned around. "Lenny!" Lenore shrugged. "What? That's what dad's friend said. He said they serve s**t drinks when Eureka is making them but people drink it anyways because they think she's cute. That's what all the old men say!" Her grandma smacked the back of her head, to which Lenore flinched and groaned at.

Greedy Fat Cat

Greedy Fatcat

Ouijiji-san

Desirable Star

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:50 pm
"Thank god!" She said with a sigh of relief, taking Maya's hands with shining eyes that almost pooled over (mostly from her sneezing fits.) Just in the nick of time, the door opened to reveal a surprisingly young man as the doctor. "You wouldn't happen to have-" her sentence cut off by a sneeze "anything for my allergies, would you? And do you mind if I step in? I hate being outside." Luka dabbed at her now red nose with what little tissues she had left Her scarf proved useless against protecting her from the unknown allergens as she pulled it down, but kept her blanket wrapped around her.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:54 am
Maya smiled as Luka took her hands, then again when Jason appeared. "Hi Doctor," she said to him, referring to him by his title now that Luka was here. She didn't explain her own reason for coming but let the other girl speak instead, knowing her cause was more urgent. Maya had no allergies, but she could only imagine what kind of agony the blanketed girl was in.

Ebony was cleaning tables and Marie was by the register when Amory came in. "Hi, welcome," the younger of the two girls said. "Would you like to sit down?"
Meanwhile, Ebony had looked up from the table she was cleaning. She didn't recognize the man standing in the entrance, so she figured him for a tourist. She also noticed he was holding a watermelon, and wondered about that. However, she quickly turned away before she got caught staring.

minus infinity

Fluffy Fatcat

Greedy Fat Cat

Greedy Fatcat

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:39 pm

ⓐ ⓜ ⓞ ⓡ ⓨ

Amory held the watermelon with some struggle and looked at the girl who welcomed him. He gave a friendly grin. "Yes, please," he replied. He gave a quick nod before noticing a girl staring. She looked away quickly when they had made eye contact. He bowed his head slightly in a timid fashion before moving to a table. He set the watermelon down in the seat next to him, waiting for a menu to be handed to him so he could order. He was anticipating food in his mouth, quite famished after this morning's little adventure.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:18 pm
Eureka's Words had an impact on Maurice's mood for the better. He cheered up rather quickly. He smiled at Eureka, "Thank you. I'm very sure now. We will be. You can bet on it." Then he finished his food in mere few bites and at renardo's words he moved to stand. "I had planned to go surfing for a few hours, but then I got a phone call from yet another doctor who saw fit to tell me my second favorite pass time is out of the question. I went on a run to calm down, and you know the rest." Then he scratched the back of his head as he had a bit of an itch, and said, "Do you two surf by any chance?"  

Wire_Colossus

Versatile Shapeshifter

3,875 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Gender Swap 100

Greedy Fat Cat

Greedy Fatcat

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:09 pm

ⓔ ⓤ ⓡ ⓔ ⓚ ⓐ

The both of them looked at each other with a smile and looked at him. It seemed like a silly question, with who they were and with them living right on the beach for this very reason. "Well, yes, you could say that," she responded. She was still finishing her breakfast, chewing thoughtfully. "Are you going to listen to your doctor? I could use a surf right now, if you'd like to join me."

ⓡ ⓔ ⓝ ⓐ ⓡ ⓓ ⓞ

"What about shop? And finish your breakfast," Renardo reminded. Of course, by this time, Eureka was long gone with listening to Renardo.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:23 pm
"I never have Listened to my doctors. I only go along with what they say occasionally because occasionally they are right. Most of the time they're wrong. And I'd happily surf with you Eureka. I just have to go get my board. Wanna come with me? You're both welcome to come." Maurice said with a smile.

Else where on the island, Eric Had already began his morning rounds of mail pick up. He was always fast about it, and timely too. Though Quite few people called him a mad man because of how fast he drove.  

Wire_Colossus

Versatile Shapeshifter

3,875 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Gender Swap 100

Eternal_PrinceOfFire

Dedicated Hunter

10,425 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:44 pm
"Well, come on in. I'm not expecting my first appointment for a little bit" Jason said to Luka and gestured into the building. "I'll have to give you a small examination first." Jason then lead the way back to his office and pulled on a white lab coat. "Have a seat" he said to Luka and gestured toward the examination bed.  
"RPC" *Roleplay Central*

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff