Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "RPC" *Roleplay Central*
A Cursed Knight (Greedy Fatcat and Okami A.) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Greedy Fat Cat

Greedy Fatcat

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:57 pm
Okami Ameras

[ le timeskippers? ]  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:00 pm
Greedy Fat Cat
Okami Ameras

[ le timeskippers? ]
((Yup yup yup!))

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50

Greedy Fat Cat

Greedy Fatcat

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:32 pm
Okami Ameras

The senate was very instilling and even had the audacity of blaming this drought on Reguna's father and himself. Reguna always thought that the senate had always brought about an aura of dead, stale air. Or the smell of rotten fish. Either or, they were not pleasant to deal with.

He sighed, running a few hands through his hair. He liked the sensation of having his hair played with, it reminded him of his late mother when he was extremely young. Especially with her beautiful long nails. She was a well-kept woman who often painted her nails a deep emerald green. But Reguna failed to remember her face. Sure, there was a portrait of her in one of the many halls, but without the aid of a painting, Reguna surely had forgotten his mother's face, voice, and essence.

He leaned off the wall, blending in easily into the street with his plain garb. It was of good quality, but they looked well enough to be commoner's clothes. Reguna's lovely blonde hair was back to black. He was very handsome either way.

After surveying the flow of the street, he advanced onto another one and then pocketed his hands, strolling with a pleasantry about him. He rather liked these streets than his own halls in the palace. There weren't guards or servants or advisors or representatives or officials or the senate to bother him much here.
Oh! What a life it would be to live amongst his people. Maybe then, he wouldn't be be in as much of a hiccup as he was in now.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:50 pm
Greedy Fat Cat

As he walked he eventually wandered into the town square. There he saw that young red-headed woman he had seen last time he was out and about...

~~~

I was reading very intently from a book I had fund in the library. I was lounging on the edge of the town fountain which had long since ran dry. I had my fuzzy cloak reaped over me as I read from the book. I ate a bit of jerky as I read.

The book I had currently been reading was a book on the royal linage. It described previous rulers and their primary methods of ruling; whether it be peaceful, warmongering, or completely tyrannical. For the past 300 years the rulers had been a peaceful lot-- of course with some scandal here and there. People just loved to lap that up.

I paused when I flicked to a page depicting a wedding. Was that... Oh, it's a sketch depeicting King Gran's wedding to his wife, Reguna's mother. The sketch, which had been sketched at the wedding, radiated fear-- anger, loneliness, and lust. It also smelled strongly of magic. Not surprising, as strong emotions tended to leave such residue on such things. I sniffed it. Huh... Gran was never a magic user... and I know most of these people in the picture. Who was the source of the magic coming from the image then? There was my father and mother... both unmarried at the time... Most of the senate and royal court, as well as visiting royalty from other lands.

That's wierd... the only person I never got to know personally from the picture was... the bride. Reguna's mother. I had been born after the fact... a few months after Reguna, though most had thought I was elder of the pair from my taller stature and more outgoing attitude.

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50

Greedy Fat Cat

Greedy Fatcat

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:45 pm
Okami Ameras

Bright cherry hair. Reguna glanced around, noticing that no one was really paying much attention to the woman reading at the edge of the fountain. He dipped into the square, intrigued now.

"So, did you happen to find anything while you were out and about?" He asked, curious, surely as he took a seat next to her. His body slacked and he leaned on his arm towards her, his eyes casting down to the peculiar book she was reading. "What are you reading?" He asked, a bit more forward in nature. He usually wasn't like this, only when in the mood for such, but he felt a tad playful, a tad eager to see her and what she had come up with.

He knew the drought was a lost cause, especially with his attempt to find the source and the senate's aid. All a bunch of good for nothings, he knew. But he was interested to see what Raine would come up with. Perhaps he wanted to see her fail miserably? To see her come to a dead end like he had? He didn't really know what he supposed, so he decided no to think much of it.

[ I assume this is a couple days since they met. ]  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:01 am
Greedy Fat Cat

I had smelled him coming long before he sat down next to me. I studied the picture for a moment longer before flipping the page. This page detailed the life of Reguna's mother, or at least, what had been known about her before her death.

W-well... I said, reading down the page. I do have a clue. I glanced up at him, before looking around. The air smells of magic. Dry, dusty, old cursed magic. I'm suspecting that whatever is causing the drought was caused by a curse laid upon... I glanced about again, before pushing myself up and whispering on his ear where he had been sitting next to me. You, King Reguna.

With that I sat back up, turning away to look back down at the book again, letting my crimson curls fall in a curtain across my face.

The thing is, I can't seem to figure out why there's a curse on you. Then again, I am a newcomer to this city... Haven't been here in three years. You don't seem like all that bad of a guy... Why would someone curse you of all people?

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50

Greedy Fat Cat

Greedy Fatcat

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:34 am
Okami Ameras

Reguna reclined back immediately, looking at her with a surprised look. After rubbing his jaw, he leaned back, glancing to her in a calculated manner. "Obvious, wasn't it? Your smarts will get you killed, one day," he murmured. The question was, however, how she seemed to know who he was even though she hadn't been here for…three years? He then looked away, towards the town people. Was that a coincidence in timing? He looked back at her. She was a clever woman, that was for sure. And she was probably hiding something as well.

"Well, that's a silly question, don't you think. I am, after all royalty," he admitted. Now that she knew his alias, there was no use in feigning innocence. "No one exactly favors royalty or the government since the old king was getting sick."

He sniffed his clothes, curious as to the smell of magic that he 'gave' off but smelled none. Was this something only a magic user could smell? Well, that would've explained why such a thing was never brought up before. Magic users shied away from the public eye; they hid in the corners of the lands of Vasron.

"And if this is indeed a curse as you say, then it would make sense that whoever had done so disliked me greatly." He shrugged.

"But why should I trust you? You, a newcomer and a magic user? You aren't exactly my friend," he warned.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:47 am
Greedy Fat Cat

Whether I be your friend or not, I told you my goal; to lift the drought from the land. I shot back to him, glancing back towards him so all he could see of my face was a single piercing green eye. If helping you helps the rains and snows return, then I will gladly help you.

I straightened and fixed my robes, wrapping my fuzzy white and red cloak around me. I glanced back at him, this time he got a better look at my face.

Unfortunately, I am not all that well versed in curses. All I can do is identify them by smell. I will need records of sightings of magic users in Vasron who can hopefully give me a clue as to where I can start my research.

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50

Greedy Fat Cat

Greedy Fatcat

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:58 am
Okami Ameras

"Well, I think I could help you with that, at the very least, in the royal archives," Reguna supposed. He looked at the seriousness of her face, knowing her word to be true.

"But what benefit do you have from ending this drought? Why go out of your way alone to solve such a calamity? From helping the king and his senate out of this mud-hole of a problem?" He gave her an inquisitive look. "And if what you say is true, then you haven't been to the capital in three years? What had made you leave? Have you lived her your whole life beforehand?"

He crossed his arms, a bit stubborn. "I would like to know who I'm helping out before I eventually help them, you see? I have a lot at stake here, while I know nothing about you."

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:22 am
Greedy Fat Cat

I paused as he spoke those words. He wanted to know who I was? He wanted to know why I left. I turned away and stood, not looking at him. I lifted up my hood to shroud my face with fuzzy whiteness, before picking up the book.

I'll give you a hint as to my identity. Lunar Ray is my sword. I carried no shield. But Magic is a fickle mistress. My original path is one that is to be walked by a man only... a sorceress attempted to twist me and warp me, but my blessing kept my mind intact. Being affected by the spell, no matter my success in killing her, still meant I failed my mission......... If you can guess who I am, don't you dare say my real name to anyone. Or I will be hunted down and killed for my failure.

I walked away, striding purposefully back towards the library. I wasn't walking fast, he could easily keep up if he wanted... but Reguna only knew of one person who would ever dare talk to him that way, king or no...

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50

Greedy Fat Cat

Greedy Fatcat

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:36 pm
Okami Ameras

He caught up to her, grabbing one of her arms. His face was in disbelief, how could he just take what she had said and just walk away?! And if what she said was true, did that mean she was who Reguna thought she was? His mind was still racing from her words that still lingered in her thoughts.

"I'm not one to like riddles," he muttered, though his voice was a little soft, hinting at a vulnerable side of him. He had a concerned look, his violet eyes searching her face.

"And you of all people should know that." He held her arm firmly. And then his face changed from seriousness to confusion. How could this be? This woman…was not a woman? She looked very much like a woman, but was this, "Right, Rakil?" He whispered, wary of speaking that name aloud. "If what you say is true, then you have to explain yourself properly," he requested.

They stood at the entrance to the library, yet no one entered nor exited the building. Reguna didn't know what to think. Was his friend, believed to be dead, still living? And if not, then why would this woman say such blasphemy?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:34 pm
Greedy Fat Cat

I allowed him to stop me as I walked away, and I looked back to him as his violet eyes searched my face. He said my name-- my old name, and I flinched mildly.

I won't be able to do that out here. I returned the hushed tone, leaning up to whisper in his ear. Few would understand my riddles-- but I knew you would. But speaking about it plainly is dangerous. I am very sorry I couldn't say anything about it before... but know that my life is on the line the longer I am here and the longer my secret is out. It's the Knight's Law... and not even a king can pardon one from Knight's Law. If you know of a private place, and I'd gladly tell you more details, old friend.

I rocked back on my heels, looking down and away. I shook my head in the silence that followed, before suddenly out of the blue I hugged him. My grip was tight, like it had always been, and I buried my face into his neck. Oh god... I never thought I'd get to talk to him like I used to ever again... I was trembling, both slightly from terror and simultaneously from relief.

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50

Greedy Fat Cat

Greedy Fatcat

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:46 pm
Okami Ameras

Reguna didn't hug her at first. This was very Rakil-like. Rakil was always a very friendly fellow, and despite the fact that Reguna never initiate a brotherly hug, he didn't mind them.

After recollecting his thoughts, he hugged Rakil back and for a moment it was like hugging his old friend again. She was trembling…how feminine. His face burrowed in her red hair, the white furs she wore carressed his cheek. He squeezed his eyes shut for a moment, finding the feeling nostalgic. He didn't think he had been hugged since the last time he saw Rakil.

He pushed her back immediately though. Rakil was now a…woman. He looked away, rubbing the back of his head before looking around. No one seemed to pay them any mind, but he supposed they couldn't be too careful. "How about in there?" Reguna knew that Rakil couldn't say his secrets just anywhere, he did have his life on the line but the library was a quiet place, one with few visitors at any one point in time.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:03 am
Greedy Fat Cat

I nodded and lead him into the library.

The place was large. Nothing compared to the library of my tower, of course, but my tower was packed full of tomes on all kinds of subjects... it still wouldn't have helped me with my little curse problem. People didn't like writing down curses, for some reason.

I had oft visited this place over the past week, and I knew the slightly dusty, book-packed shelves well. I lead him to a private room, which had a fireplace which was crackling merrily. Books were stacked on the table, and two plush armchairs were sitting next to the table.

I lead my old friend into the room and locked the door, before stepping backwards. I waved my hand, muttering a slight, hissing word, and a pale silvery rectangle of light formed over the door.

There. I breathed. No one will hear us in here.

I strode over to one of the chairs, undoing the clasp that held my heavily furred cloak in place. I draped it over the chair, before I dropped my bag next to it, as well as Lunar Ray.

I had gone outside to get some fresh air, but now we needed privacy I no longer felt the need to be wearing my heavy furs or weapons. I plopped down into the seat while I gestured Reguna to do the same.

Now... where to begin... Ah, yes. Do you remember, three years ago... just after your father started growing sick. There were reports of monsters ravaging the lands of Northern Vasron. Well... I was sent out to deal with them. I tried... but I couldn't find you before I left. I tried to say goodbye, I really did. Especially after what happened to... my father.

I didn't look at him, instead choosing to look at the flickering fire.

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50

Greedy Fat Cat

Greedy Fatcat

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:14 pm
Okami Ameras

Reguna had inquired about Rakil's departure directly from his father; he knew very well why Rakil left. He gave a small, half nod.

"Yes, the amount of monsters had increased as my father grew sick. I had to deal with the issue all on my own…I didn't have the chance to see you off. And when I heard that you did not come back after you checked into the city of Wisteria, I thought that I had lost you."
He had blamed his father for it, for sending his best friend off on a suicide mission. Reguna felt guilty now, for despising his father of it, especially now that Rakil had sat in front of him.

He rubbed his jaw now, in thought as he glanced to the silvery door. Rakil was a magic user now…and a woman. He hoped to hear what came of him next.

"RPC" *Roleplay Central*

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff