Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "RPC" *Roleplay Central*
Karannut: a one on one with Cat and Okami Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Greedy Fat Cat

Greedy Fatcat

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:08 pm
Okami Ameras

I heard movement. I looked below to look for the eye-catching redhead. She was staring up with me questionably. I looked back down at her before looking back up through the tree line. Seeing nothing, I let myself down the tree and jumped from a safe distance.

Landing on my feet, I strode over to her. "So, sleeping beauty. Sleep well?" I gave her a crooked grin. "Thought I left?" I asked, though only jokingly. It was in my nature to mess with people I was with.

"I suggest we keep going. We could reach the end of this forest by night if we don't get side tracked." I went to my bag, rummaging through it to make sure everything was there but made it look like I was getting a rag to wipe my face with. I didn't want her to think I didn't trust her, but alas, she was a stranger. It was just a precaution.

I rose, patting myself down. I then took off my boots, stretching out my toes. I took out the money out of the bottom of both my shoes. Gold. It shined briefly in the light. "They're creatin' blisters on my soles. Bloody murder, if you tell me," I murmured, putting both the gold and the shoes in the pack. I kept hold of my bow, and looked at her now. I would've offered her to wear my boots, if they were close enough to her size and if they didn't reek of smell.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:42 pm
Greedy Fat Cat

I smiled wryly at him as he approached.

No, just wondering where you went off too. Didn't think you'd leave your tools of the trade with me if you were going to take off.

It was times like this when I really wished I had my thief gear. I looked at his sunken in eyes; he looked so very tired. Kind of like me and my girls when planning a heist. I had gotten very used to working even while exhausted, which was why I lasted so long out here. But he looked like he was about to drop at any moment, despite how much he was trying to hide it.

I watched him remove his boots and the gold coins in them. Some people did that; most pick pockets weren't willing to go through the effort of getting someone's shoes off in-order to get at their gold. Unless they knock them out, of course.

I glanced about, looking for any plants that I recognized. Oh, DUH, the Wisteria leaves can be a good substitute for green tea, which in large enough quantities could be a good stimulant. I looked up at the vine, studying the leaves carefully to make sure that I identified it correctly, and I started gathering a very large handful of them.

when I was done I returned to my companion.

Do you have a Canteen? Build a fire real quick, I'm going to make you some tea.

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50

Greedy Fat Cat

Greedy Fatcat

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:11 pm
Okami Ameras

I made a small face. I didn't have the heart to tell her I didn't like tea. But the fact that she recognized that I was tired touched me. I looked down at our dead campfire, seeing a means to revive it.

I didn't want to start a fire, especially now, but I started it anyways. I stabbed a branch into the ground before fetching my canteen, letting it dangle so that it could warm up. "Thanks," I said briefly. "But after this, we need to go." I noticed she held some leaves in her hand.

I crouched by the fire, watching it. I touched the side of my canteen to see if it was hot enough. I motioned her to stuff those leaves in my canteen. I knew they weren't poisonous. This wasn't the first time I had been in this forest. I knew my stuff.

I yawned. I was tired, with what having no sleep and all. I was thinking, instead of cherry girl, I should start calling her a pain in my neck.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:34 pm
Greedy Fat Cat

I waited until the water was hot enough and indeed I carefully put the leaves into the canteen, before closing it right. Soon it was done and sealed.

It can steep while we walk. That should keep you going, if only for a little while. I said, glancing at him. With that, I let him put out the fire and we started walking again. After this, I expect you'll sleep for days. I said playfully. I then yawned. And I may do that myself.

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50

Greedy Fat Cat

Greedy Fatcat

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:08 pm
Okami Ameras

I laughed, rubbing my head. We were walking through the forest now. "Sleeping is my favorite past time. Sleeping…of all kinds," I murmured with a devious grin. I looked at her before quickly moving ahead.

I was in a brighter mood now. Perhaps it was pain in my neck woman. Or maybe it was me being delirious. I opened the canteen and took a sip. I made a disgusted face.

That. Tasted. Terrible.

But I drank another sip before tucking it away. An hour went by in silence. Until a couple snaps of a branch half a klick away. I stopped, listening. And then the snaps continued. "s**t."

I grabbed the redhead's hand and ran for it. Branches and bushes slashed at my legs. It hurt, but I couldn't afford to slow down. I careened to the right, letting go of her hand as I slowed down. But I didn't stop. "I knew they had camped out here. They're really obdurate!" I laughed with little breath.

I looked back at her to see how she was holding up. "We can shake them if-"

There went a snap and my leg lifted up into the air. I didn't even get to finish my sentence. My head on the forest floor, knocking me out. I went still, minus the gravitational swing of my body. My bag fell to the floor. Great. Caught in a trap that I was very well acquainted with. I mean, it was the same mechanism that had allowed me to meet cherry woman here.

Our pursuers had probably left several of these traps, amongst others, in this forest to catch the woman. They were on our trail and would find us soon. If cherry woman should so choose to stay, it meant the end of their chase. If she chose to run, no one could blame her. It seemed those were her only options now.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:29 pm
Greedy Fat Cat

I blushed quite vividly at his comment. I flicked open my fan, trying to hide the fact that my face was now approaching the same shade as my hair.

When I managed to calm the blushing, I saw him take a couple sips from the canteen. The taste was awful, but it would help him stay awake.

Hopefully.

An hour of quiet walking later, and something caught my eye. The snapping of branches-- a trap!

Before I could say something, he grabbed my hand and took off running, dragging me along. I dropped my sandals and dashed after him as we ran. After a while he let go, and was making comments as he seemed to slow down. I wanted to say keep going, but then... up and over, he got caught in the same trap I did. He, however, also ended up with a nasty bump on the head too.

I screeched to a halt. I stopped and looked around carefully.

Traps. Traps were something a thief was very well acquainted with. Both in setting them and evading them. Had he let me get a word in edgewise I would have advised us both to hit the ground and let the trap pass over. The initial trap we were running from had long since sprung.

I sighed and looked up at as he swung back and forth. I can't just leave him here... not when he went out of his way to help me. Looking about, I gripped the handle of my parasol. With a flash I cut him down with the blade hidden in the handle, and I dropped them both to catch him before he landed on his head. I rested him on the forest floor and put my parasol back together again. I hauled him onto my back, carrying him piggyback style before stooping to grab his bag.

I used my parasol as a walking stick as I continued walking. Damn, he was heavy. I used the tip of my parasol to send rocks skittering on ahead of me. When I did encounter a trap I did my best to evade them, and the both of us escape relatively unscathed, though I had gained a small cut on my cheek for my troubles.

About a half hour later into the walk I found a tree. A big one. I hadn't heard anything other then my own footsteps and the activation of traps yet, so I set him down.

With a huff I scaled the tree, looking about to make sure no traps has been set in it. I eventually found a long, wide, relatively flat branch that only had a slight slant.

I went back down the tree and carefully climbed back up with him on my back, and I laid him down on the tree branch. He wouldn't attract any attention from down below.

I meanwhile, was still wearing a brightly colored, if quickly getting ruined kimono. I retreated near the trunk and found a hollow where I curled up in. I watched over him for a while, before my own fatigue caught up with me again and I fell asleep.

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50

Greedy Fat Cat

Greedy Fatcat

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:47 pm
Okami Ameras

I coughed awake to find myself in a tree. I sprung awake, taking in my surroundings. I cursed aloud, rubbing my head as I continued to look around.

Did the cherry woman take me here? She managed to do that? I looked for her carefully, now quiet before looking down. My bag was nowhere in sight. Nor my bow. I cursed again and managed to hop down to the floor. I was barefoot, so it hurt a bit. I spotted the redhead in the hollow of the trunk then.

"You forgot my bow," I stated. I failed to thank her for getting me down from that trap. I rubbed my head still, the hit to the floor left a nasty and hurting bump on my head. I looked back and did a 360 degree turn before looking to her. "Which direction did we come from? I need that bow."

The bow was important to me. She wouldn't know that, since we were only strangers. I looked to her. How much time passed? I was concerned.

"Look, I'll get the bow. You can stay here while I get it."

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:57 pm
Greedy Fat Cat

I woke when I heard movement. I opened one eye when I saw him up and about, moving around the tree and looking about before hopping to the ground with a wince.

You mean this one? I said with a yawn, pulling the bag, with the bow sticking out of it, out from beside me. It wouldn't stay on the branch with you, and I figured you didn't want it lying on the ground where people could see it, so I kept it with me.

I rubbed my eyes with my free hand. I knew what it was like to lose equipment suddenly. Besides, leaving stuff behind left evidence, which a thief needed to be ontop of else they get caught too easily.

I blinked at him warily, and looked about. It had been early morning when we had encountered the trap-- I glanced up at the sun it looked to be about mid afternoon now.

About three hours, I guess. I said.

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50

Greedy Fat Cat

Greedy Fatcat

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:38 am
Okami Ameras

"You're quite strong for a lady."

I rubbed my head again; I was getting a headache, especially because I didn't get a proper sleep. I was ******** tired. I took the pack gladly, getting the canteen from it and drank a good quantity of the disgusting leaf water.

"I'm surprised they haven't found us. With what their numbers and supplies. Don't you think that strange?" I murmured, looking around. I looked at her wearily. I didn't know if the tea was helping but whatever it was, I was able to function still.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:57 am
Greedy Fat Cat

Some of the tools of the trade require some strength to handle. I said with a smile. Then he mentioned the lack of us being found by now.

Either we are... I lifted up a hand and started to count off my fingers as I spoke. A) extremely lucky, B) You are extremely good at not being tracked, C) they're all idiots, or D)... the most likely one... They're toying with us. I lowered my hand and looked down at the ground. I squinted one eye in thought as I made the face of someone who has an idea but doesn't like it much. I shook my head and looked back to my companion.

I'm frankly getting tired of it myself. We're both tired, weary, and hungry with blisters on our feet, and apparently we're still getting tracked this far into another country's boarders...

I finally grunted. Stay up here in this tree. They're after me anyway. They're not after you. I suggest we rest and wait. Since you need the sleep more, I'll watch this time.

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50

Greedy Fat Cat

Greedy Fatcat

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:45 pm
Okami Ameras

I couldn't help but make a face. I was uncannily lucky, so I couldn't say that it wasn't the former. And the latter choice seemed…a bit far-stretched. The Prince of Baldur was a rather stupid one and I wouldn't be surprised if his men were rather stupid as well. I put my vote in for choice c, but didn't say anything.

I had no reason to argue with her and slung my back loosely over my shoulder. I then climbed back up the tree, finding a nice branch. I fell asleep as soon as I closed my eyes with comfort. I was worried, of course, of having the woman watch over me but I was tired.

I slept, and for a good while too. I don't know how long it was until I woke. It was dark. And quiet.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:16 pm
Greedy Fat Cat

As he slept I watched and waited, just like he had done before

The sun sunk low into the sky as time passed, splaying colors all across the sky in a beautiful display. Once the sun set, the sky turned a deep purple then dark blue, before the stars finally peeked out from their hiding places now that the sun's light was no longer there to hide them. The moon came out, but it was a slight crescent moon, which didn't cast much light down upon our hiding place.

I didn't see my companion start to stir as I heard the sound of horse hooves. I listened closely, and I identified two men, on two horses, approaching the tree.

I silently slipped through the branches of the tree on my blistered feet, till I came to a thick low hanging branch. Neither had torches. Idiots.

I crouched there and waited for the men to pass by under me. First the one, then the other...

I took one of my long hanging sleeves and pounced.

The man gave a startled cry as did the horse as I landed sharply in the saddle behind him. I wrapped my silken sleeve around his throat, tightening my grip and lifting upward, cutting off his breathing. The other searcher turned, eyes wide, before I pulled a dagger out of the man's belt that I was choking and threw it.

Sorry! Nothing personal!

It hit the second man in the throat, and he died and slid from the saddle, and hit the ground with a thud.

I continued to wrestle and deal with the struggling and choking guard, before I finally punched him upside the head. He slumped and fell from the saddle. I gripped the horse's flanks with my thighs as the horse reared, and I flailed at the reigns for a moment before I grabbed them and pulled gently. With a shhh sound I started stroking the horse between the ears, and the horse I was on calmed as I climbed into the saddle.

I had hoped I wouldn't have to do that... Ugh...

I groaned as I rubbed my ribs. I think he might had bruised them in the struggle. I glanced down at the bodies. One was clearly dead, the other... questionable. The other horse was looking about, seemingly spooked and confused. I was just glad it hadn't bolted.

Well, dying is a better fate then what the prince would do to upon finding out that the both of them failed... I said quietly to myself.

I glanced back up into the tree to the branch where I remembered my companion had taken his nap. It was fairly certain that he had woken up from that little fiasco...

I hope you can ride. Let's get out of here!

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50

Greedy Fat Cat

Greedy Fatcat

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:51 pm
Okami Ameras

I was baffled, and quite confused. But I hopped down from the tree, looking around to see the damage done. Cherry woman wasn't who he believed her to be, that was sure now. The men lying on the ground, questionably dead, were evidence of that. He patted the free horse's nose, it being rather fidgety and nervous. There was no time to calm it entirely, but I made sure it knew my face, my scent before I mounted it.

I took the horse's reigns, well acquainted with horse-back. I looked to my companion. "My apologies for not helping you out in this…scuffle. But it seems you handled it well, cherry woman."

The horse whinnied, shaking out its mane. I patted it's neck with an extent of compassion. It calmed under my hand slightly and then I tapped it with my foot, I still being barefoot, to get it to move forward. I tightened the reigns and tapped the horse again with my foot. It made a huff noise before it darted off, after the redhead.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:55 pm
Greedy Fat Cat

We rode on for a while, and for a while none of us spoke. There was only the sound of horse hooves on the dirt and and the general sound of the woods to keep it from being silent.

Eventually I slowed my horse as we reached the edge of the wood, slowing her gallop to a trot. I was looking at the ground, a frown on my face.

I didn't want to do it... I said quietly, not sure if my companion could hear. But it's still a kinder fate to what the Prince of Baldur would have done to them if they went back to him without me. The others will find the bodies and will probably flee themselves... if they know what's good for them.

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50

Greedy Fat Cat

Greedy Fatcat

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:47 pm
Okami Ameras

Oh, I heard her. I raised a brow to her comment; she sounded like she was trying to convince herself moreso than me that killing those men was something righteous. I shook my head. "The Prince of Baldur is stupid, but he is stubborn. I won't be surprised if he-" I turned my attention to the edge of the wood. I felt my horse shudder beneath me, but it was far too late to turn back now. My horse moved forward, striding out of the wood and whipped its head. Right.

The two were surely surrounded, with several banner men and soldiers. And there, an unnecessarily over-adorned prince. I had underestimated the Prince of Baldur. Right when I had least expected anything, here comes a run in with a prince.

My horse made a stop and I scanned the group, before turning to cherry woman. "Right," I said, a bit dumbfounded.

"RPC" *Roleplay Central*

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff