Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "RPC" *Roleplay Central*
A (Fish) Tale of Two Worlds (ZellyxM3G) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 16 17 18 19 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Random blah. Because free gold.
  GOLD GET
View Results

M3Gnificent

Malevolent Warlord

10,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:31 pm
"I saw you, sure. Not sure 'bout anyone else, but it's better safe than sorry." Thinking on it for a moment, Fiona continued, "Humans are, as a whole, cruel and dumb. We barely get along with each other on the best of days." In hindsight, she had to wonder what she should do if a sailor'd already spotted them. She could only hope that they didn't see the whole thing, or that she could play up the whole superstition unfoundly getting in the way of kindness thing. Perhaps if she were lucky, she could just say that he's an unfortunate human man who recently survived a shipwreck or something?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:47 pm
Even if he didn't flop around as a fish, Kai's oddly pointed ears still stuck out as unnatural. "Maybe they'll be leniant when they see I'm completely harmless, especially out of water. I can't even walk yet!" he stretched his legs out again, a rather childlike look of glee and wonder on his face as he watched his toes wiggle.

Zelly-fangirl

Enduring Heckler

10,350 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150

M3Gnificent

Malevolent Warlord

10,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:50 pm
"If not, well, I hope you saving my life three times means anything to them." She doubted that the sailors would listen, but perhaps her grandfather would if she were lucky? She could only hope. "I'm sorry, I must be terrible company all fearful like I am. I just..well..I don't want you hurt because of me. I can't stand the thought."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:56 pm
"Don't worry about it." Kai told her with a smile. "I wouldn't be here to begin with if I didn't go stealing from a sea witch. No theft, no shark attack, no wound, no emergency rescue. What danger I may or may not be in is all on me."

Zelly-fangirl

Enduring Heckler

10,350 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100

M3Gnificent

Malevolent Warlord

10,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:18 pm
"So that's what happened? Them sharks weren't chasin' you just because they were hungry?" Fiona raised an eyebrow, rather intrigued by this tale. "Why did you steal from a sea witch, if you don't mind my askin'?" Part of her wanted to ask if sea witches really existed and if he weren't just pulling her leg, but if merfolk existed why couldn't a sea witch? She probably looked pretty stupid as it was - no need to prove that theory righter than she already had.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:11 pm
"...So I could walk around and explore the surface..." Kai admitted as he rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly. "I knew she had some magical trinkets that would do the trick, but striking a deal with her is risky at best, and I didn't want to take any chances. Dumb as it was, stealing honestly seemed like the better option, despite an even worse fate waiting for me if I got caught."

Zelly-fangirl

Enduring Heckler

10,350 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100

M3Gnificent

Malevolent Warlord

10,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:19 pm
Oddly enough, Fiona held an understanding look about her as her cheery smile returned to her lips. Lord knows she's done similarly stupid things just for the sake of adventure. "Can't say I blame ya in the least. Just let me know if there's ever anything I can do to help with that. You might not've seen me on the best of circumstances in the past, but I'm almost smarter than I let on. I know my way around trouble and back ten times over! ...Just not when it involves drowning mid storm 'cuz I stood too close to the railing."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:25 pm
"'Almost smarter than you look'?" Kai repeated, raising an eyebrow at her with a smirk. "Well, if we're both looking for explanation, I'm sure we can help each other out in our respective home turfs. For instance, I know a veritable ship graveyard I've barely combed through."

Zelly-fangirl

Enduring Heckler

10,350 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100

M3Gnificent

Malevolent Warlord

10,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:54 pm
"Sounds great to me! I'm sure, as my friend and savior, I can try n get mum n' gramps to agree ta give you one of the guest rooms back at our estate if you want." Fiona offered. The sailors were one thing, but her grandfather and her loving mother were another. Her family adored her, spoiling her rotten even despite all the trouble she found herself in. Surely they would at least attempt to listen to her, right?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:01 pm
"Not like I have anywhere else to go on land." Kai said with a meager shrug. "I have no money, much less a full set of clothes. Doubt I'd get very far without your help. Not to mention 'I saved your daughter multiple times, please don't kill me' should work fairly well if they don't care for the fins."

Zelly-fangirl

Enduring Heckler

10,350 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100

M3Gnificent

Malevolent Warlord

10,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:51 pm
Weeks had passed since then, with surprisingly little trouble in convincing her mother and grandfather to let Kai stay. "He was badly hurt when I found him, all floatin' in the water like he was. When I realized he wasn't dead, I threw him a lifesaver an' pulled him on board." she had said, giving them the biggest pair of puppy eyes they'd probably ever seen. "It's no wonder he ain't got no memory of himself, considerin' how hard he hit his head an' all. Please let him stay! I couldn't count myself a good woman if I didn't see him back to health." Knowing by experience that there was no convincing her otherwise when she was this dead set on something, they simply granted her wish - so long as she didn't neglect her duties to the house. They weren't many, of course, and the false sternness they had put up for her had probably just been for her benefit. Being as good of people as they were, they didn't want to refuse her either. Helping out someone in genuine need was good for the soul, it was.

~*~

Nevertheless, Fiona was by Kai's side more often than not these days, making fast friends with him in her mother's eyes. It was good that she found someone her own age to talk to, circumstances aside. Them being as innocent as they seemed to be, how could she object when Fiona asked to accompany him to the beach? She trusted her daughter, and Kai seemed sweet enough - even if he weren't, he didn't seem to be in any shape to take advantage of the situation. So, once again Fiona had gotten her way - she was going to find some private cove and finally get the swimming lessons she so desperately needed.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:13 pm
Kai was still a bit unsteady on his feet now and then, but at least he could actually walk on his without aid. Every so often, he would sneak out to the beach in the dead of night, craving water in his gills. At least his wounds had healed, and you couldn't even tell he'd been attacked by a shark.

--------------------

"Alright, you can come in now!" Kai called from the water. Due to the way his charm worked, he always had to make Fiona turn around while he hid behind some rocks to strip down before he could awkwardly flop and crawl into the surf. His pile of clothes sat neatly folded nearby as he waved to her.

Zelly-fangirl

Enduring Heckler

10,350 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100

M3Gnificent

Malevolent Warlord

10,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:21 pm
Fiona, being who she was, had taken the chance to dress down while Kai wasn't looking as well - having worn a classy one piece swimsuit under the frilly summer dress she'd left home in. Still, being more used to surface clothes than her merfriend, Fiona had finished 'changing' much sooner than Kai had. When called over, she immediately headed in his direction, eager to finally overcome her life's greatest enemy - her inability to properly swim. She couldn't help but giggle a bit as she entered the water, enjoying the cool feel of its caresses against her skin.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:26 pm
"You realize I'm probably going to fail miserably as a teacher here, right? Yes, I can swim, but not with legs." Kai pointed out with a small chuckle. "I'm not sure why you think someone who's half fish from the waist down is going to help you." he leaned back in the water, pulling his tail up between them, his face distorted and blurry, tinted blue as Fiona viewed him through the webbing of his tail fin.

Zelly-fangirl

Enduring Heckler

10,350 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100

M3Gnificent

Malevolent Warlord

10,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:42 pm
"I promise, the most you'll need ta do is keep me from drownin'. I learn from observatin', and I've been watchin' folks swim the past few times we got here." Of course, there was no guarantee how much or how little Fiona actually managed to learn, but if she had to self teach then so be it. At the very least, Kai was there as insurance that nothing would go bad. But, surely, he would have a few choice tips here and there once they actually started? As far as she figured, Fiona thought she'd given some pretty useful tips here and there when it came to his walking. But alas, that probably wasn't anywhere near here was it? "If you notice I do somethin' too stupid to survive, ya stop me. I hope that sounds easy enough." she said, throwing a pleasant grin his way.

"RPC" *Roleplay Central*

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 16 17 18 19 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff