Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply First Year Classes
Herbology I (1/4) *New Class 2/10* Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Deviled Dregs

Wealthy Lunatic

7,375 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:55 pm
User Image
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

тσмαs cσvєηу

First Year ║ Eleven Years Old ║ Gryffindor ║ Single ║ Pureblood ║

xxxTomas listened to the instructions carefully, hoping not to screw anything up. It wouldn't have been a surprise if he did, as he was an absolute failure at Herbology. He wondered if he was even passing the class, but he didn't think Professor Hill was too keen on students asking for their grades. He didn't seem too keen on a lot of things. He picked up the sharp shears, hoping to not cut himself as he slowly and carefully trimmed the bush (heh heh), his tongue slightly sticking out as he concentrated, furrowing his eyebrows.

OOC: Open for Interaction
What: Trimming the bush (heh heh)
Where: Herbology I
With: Other first years
Quote:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:25 pm
x
x
x
x

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

x
                                    ████████████████xx мαιsιε яεε∂ xx███████xxxxintelligence without ambition is a bird without wings.

First Year | | Eleven | | Slytherin | | Single | | Half-Blood

Maisie looked up at the Professor, they were supposed to look for more thorns and get rid of the long and discoloured ones? Sounded easy enough...for her, at least. She'd realised how long it had taken her brother to find a thorn. Looking over and smirking at him she murmured "If you need any help, don't hesitate to ask." She then took her plant in hand and began searching. As soon as she found her first long thorn, she snipped it as the Professor had shown them. She continued, finding a few other longer ones and discoloured ones before setting her plant down. Doing a final once-over and deciding her plant clear, Maisie looked over to her brother who still seemed to be struggling. "Am I going to have to help you in here too?" She asked, shaking her head slightly.

uniform x ooc :: - - -

stitchkin babe

Timid Genius

stitchkin babe

Timid Genius

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:32 pm
x
x
x
x

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

x
                                    ████████████████xx ∂мιтяι яεε∂ xx███████xxxxthe difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.

First Year | | Eleven | | Ravenclaw | | Single | | Half-Blood

Dmitri was immediately disheartened at finding out they were to look for more thorns and even cut them down. Really? Can't we just do book work... He thought to himself. He wondered if the entire class was all going to be hands-on. Of course most classes here were, they had to be, being that they were learning spells and whatnot, but couldn't they just read about the plants? After all, they could be particularly dangerous... Then again, so were the Triwizard Games, and they still did those. They stopped after someone died though, so...ya'know... Taking the plant in hand Dmitri began looking for the thorns, but wasn't having any luck at spotting them. He almost dropped the pot when he heard his sister talk -- so she wasn't angry at him? Of course, the words that came out of her mouth were insults. Maybe she was mad at him? Looking over at her, Dmitri realised just how amusing this must've been for her. "No, I don't need help. I'm a big boy now." He said, glaring over at her. The look just made her seem even more accomplished. Shaking his head, Dmitri went back to his plant. He finally found a discoloured thorn and cut it off, rather proud of himself. Then again, when he looked back at his sister's plant, he realised she was already done. "I can't help sucking at Herbology. I'm not going to need it..." He muttered low enough for the professor not to hear. Chances were, if he heard Dmitri, he would've had the kid's head on a spit. He just seemed like that kind of teacher.

uniform x ooc :: - - -

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:10 pm
DEAR PRUDENCE, WON'T YOU COME OUT TO PLAY?
DEAR PRUDENCE, GREET THE BRAND NEW DAY!
THE SUN IS UP, THE SKY IS BLUE...
IT'S BEAUTIFUL, AND SO ARE YOU.
DEAR PRUDENCE, WON'T YOU OPEN UP YOUR EYES?
DEAR PRUDENCE, SEE THE SUNNY SKIES?
THE WIND IS LOW, THE BIRDS WILL SING...
THAT YOU ARE PART OF EVERYTHING.

User Image
prudence lowery
gryffindor
pureblood
first year

company- First Years
location- Herbology
thinking- this bloke's intense, alright...
wearing- gryffindor

Pru didn't really like Professor Hill, but she had to respect him as her teacher and as someone who clearly knew what he was doing. This was not a man who rambled or puttered around. She was glad they were doing something hands-on, anyways. She pulled on her gloves and listened attentively. She'd heard of spiky bushes before, but always figured they were just a magical variety of prickers. But pricker bushes certainly didn't shoot spikes at people. Regular thorns were bad enough. She'd gotten them embedded in her skin before, and it always hurt even more taking them out. She was about to step back warily, but apparently these bushes had been stunned, making them safe for the time being. The idea of being observed while she worked made her uneasy, but she picked up her shears anyways, and started clipping slowly. She didn't want to rush, mess up, and be reprimanded in front of the whole class.

dear prudence, won't you come out and play?

LOOK AROUND, ROUND AND ROUND!
DEAR PRUDENCE, LET ME SEE YOU SMILE.
THE CLOUDS WILL BE A DAISY CHAIN...
SO LET ME SEE YOU SMILE AGAIN.
DEAR PRUDENCE, WON'T YOU COME OUT TO PLAY?
DEAR PRUDENCE, GREET THE BRAND NEW DAY!
THE SUN IS UP, THE SKY IS BLUE...
IT'S BEAUTIFUL, AND SO ARE YOU.

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:16 pm
Consuming space and time you welcome it.
And drawing side-by-side the lines you see fit...
Truth or consequence; you yield and go-
And take control!
You’re getting big, you’re wanting more...
You’re hiding behind your plastic soul.
Screaming out loud, "Give me it now!"
I don’t have a doubt who’s in control.

ᵉᵛᵃᶰᵈᵉʳ ᵗʳᶤˢᵗᵃᶰ ˡᶤˡˡᵃᶰᵗᶤᶰᵉ
ˢˡʸᵗʰᵉʳᶤᶰ ᶠᶤʳˢᵗ ʸᵉᵃʳ
ᵖᵘʳᵉᵇˡᵒᵒᵈ ʰᵉᶤʳ
User Image

You're getting big: Intimidated | You're wanting more: ... | Hiding behind: First Years | Your plastic soul: Herbology

Vander didn't see how this was necessary to learn. He was hardly going to spend his own life tending to the needs of bloody plants, especially ones that could kill him. He only paid attention to the lecture because he was afraid of getting caught not listening, and because the bushes looked dangerous. He was grateful for his gloves. Doing this with bare hands would be awful. He'd never even held a pair of gardening shears before, and his hands were a little small for them. He held his breath, blue gray eyes narrowed as he trimmed tentatively. He didn't like this. At all.

ᵃᶰᵈ ʲᵘᶳᵗ ˡᶤᵏᵉ ᵗʰᵃᵗ ʸᵒᵘ ˡᵒᶳᵉ ᶜᵒᶰᵗʳᵒˡˑ

If you follow everyone it’s easier to find-
You have the courage and the heart to lose your mind!
Behind the curtain there’s a certain man you know...
You can’t control.
You need it now, you want it more...
Hiding behind your plastic soul.
You scream out loud, "Give me it now!"
I don’t have doubt who’s in control.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:42 pm
User Image

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
ℭurrently ɭocated Herbology Greenhouse
ωith Teacher and classmates.
Ϻuggle βorn
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

Constance gloves seemed to be a little big for her as she moved the leaves around her spiky bush in hopes to find a thorn that was long or discolored. She finds an oddly long thorn near the base of the plant, being careful not to harm the plant or lose the thorn in the leaves she hold the leaves with in hand as she picks up the shears and snips off the thorn. She smiles a little after that and get busy finding a few more long thorns and several discolored thorns sniping them all off as she tried not to hurt the plant to much.

Quote:

User Image

Kind and loyal?
You'll fit right in in
Hufflepuff

Mystic Lunar

Lavish Wildcat

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:23 am
~ New Year ~

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:24 am
User Image
                                                      ɚSo what if you can see the darkest side of me?
                                                      No one will ever change this animal I have become

User Image
                                                      ════════════════════════

Sʟʏᴛʜᴇʀɪɴ Aʟᴜᴍɴɪ || Oᴡɴᴇʀ, Dᴏɢᴡᴇᴇᴅ & Dᴇᴀᴛʜᴄᴀᴘs || Hᴇʀʙᴏʟᴏɢʏ Pʀᴏғᴇssᴏʀ

════════════════════════

Jason took a seat on the table in front of the greenhouse. He watched as the students filed in, and he crossed his arms as he waited for everyone to find a seat. This was his first class with the students, and he wanted to be sure that they understood what was expected. Otherwise, he figured there would be a lot of tears and frustrations. As well as students being kicked from his class until they listened to instruction.

As the last students filed in, he flicked his wand, the doors shutting and locking immediately before he stood. His eyes bored into the children before him.
                                                      "My name is Professor Hill, and I am your Herbology instructor. For those of you that will not read the rules on the board, I will repeat them now. Lateness will not be tolerated as I will lock the door when class begins. If you should not listen to instructions, I will remove you from the greenhouse without hesitation. Any harm befalling any of the plants in this greenhouse will result in me removing you from the greenhouse immediately. You will behave as civilized individuals or you will suffer the punishment befitting your misconduct. All assignments will be turned in on time or I will dock points from your house for it. And last, you have any disagreements with me, you will be shown the door and I will not hesitate to flunk you for that portion of the course. Is any of that unclear?"

The werewolf waited for confirmation that everyone understood the rules of the class before he started in with his lecture. "For our first class, we will discuss the basics of the subject, and familiarize yourself with working with living things. Whereas most of your other classes do not involve dealing with living organisms and only with dead specimens, this class is the exception. Every plant in this greenhouse is alive, and I intend to keep them that way, which means that you will be proficient wit the basics before we go into the actual courseload. Now, please stand and introduce yourself. Name and house are the only information necessary."

"Now, down to a real question. Anyone know what the basic tools are that are used for Herbology? Ten points for the student that can list them accurately."

════════════════════════
                                                      Thinking: Remember, I applied myself, don't maim the students so early on...
                                                      OOC:

ɚHelp me believe it's not the real me
                                                      Somebody help me tame this animal I have become

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:25 pm
Oh, my dear, where have you been?
So near, so far, so in-between...
What have you heard?
What have you seen?
Oh, tell us, are you big or small?
To try this one or try them all?
It's such a long, long way to fall...
How can you know this way not that?
You choose the door, you choose the path!
Perhaps you should be coming back-
Another day, another day!
And nothing is quite what it seems.

User Image
V I O L A N T E
F A Y E
L I L L A N T I N E

SlytherinFirst YearPurebloodAdopted

It was the end of Violante's first week. For the most part, she'd liked her classes, particularly Charms, Transfiguration, and DADA. History of Magic bored her to tears because of the amount of note taking, she detested Astronomy for having to make such a trek so late, Potions, while interesting, was not her subject, and while she was eager to learn how to fly a broomstick, she didn't consider Flying all that big of a deal, or very important. She had her doubts about Herbology. She'd never much liked getting dirty, or plants, for the matter. Still, she wanted to make a good impression on all her professors, so she sat towards the head of the class, and listened when he started his speech. He was intimidating and severe, which she supposed was better than a wishy washy pushover prattling about the spirit of nature and the language of flowers. She had no idea what the basic tools for Herbology were, having barely skimmed the textbook, and didn't want to look stupid in front of her classmates. She settled for standing and introducing herself. "Violante Lillantine, Slytherin, sir," she said quietly with her best smile before sitting back down.

OOC:
Username

Oh, how will you find your way?
No time for tears today!
So many doors, how did you choose?
So much to gain, so much to lose...
So many things got in your way...
No time today, no time today!
Be careful not to lose your head;
Remember what the Dormouse said!
Did someone pull you by the hand?
How many miles to Wonderland?
Please tell us so we'll understand....

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:52 pm
User Image

User Image

Year One │ Eleven Years Old │ Slytherin │ Single │ Pureblood

Devonte walked into the Herbology classroom with a particularly cross expression on his face. Out of all his classes, he supposed this would be the worst. He detested plants and gardening--well, less detested than just didn't care for it. He was completely bewildered that this was a required class. He guessed that only a small percentage of students in the castle would actually go into a career that involved working with plants, and why should a required class be tailored specifically to them? He sighed, setting himself and his things down a couple seats next to Violante, the other first year he had met at the sorting. "Devonte Bannister, Slytherin." He didn't even try to answer his other question. As he stated before, he had no interest in Herbology and didn't know a thing about it.

He looked back as Layton entered, then turned his attention back to the front of the room. He also noted that this professor was quite a deal more serious than the previous professors he had.

OOC:

Name Here

"You exist because I allow it, and you will end because I demand it."

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Deviled Dregs

Wealthy Lunatic

7,375 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Doggone It! 100

Deviled Dregs

Wealthy Lunatic

7,375 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Doggone It! 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 1:03 pm
User Image

User Image

Layton came in right after Devonte for his last class of the week, taking a seat near the back. He never had much of an interest in plants, which, judging by Devonte's demeanor at the moment, he had in common with his brother. But his opinion could always change, right? "Layton Bannister, Hufflepuff!" He called out when it came time for him to introduce himself. This professor was a drastic change from his professors he had during his first week here, as he was very serious and somewhat cold. Even Professor Goldwind from flying seemed nicer than this tall man with long, dark hair. He kinda looked like a wolf in a way. He wondered why that was.

OOC:

First Year│Hufflepuff│Eleven Years Old│Single │Pureblood  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 1:23 pm
There's a black bird in the cage of my ribs,
I can hear his song all night long.
And when he sings, the air, it shatters...
Like a thousand shards of glass.
And I will open my body!
But I know he will not fly free!
Sorrow, she comes a courtin',
With her pale hands held in mine.
And I will lay there by her side...

User Image
α и т ı g ø и e
¢ α š š ı ø ρ e ı α
ł ı ł ł α и т ı и e

яανeи¢łαωfıяšт чeαяρυяeвłøøđše¢øиđ вøяи

Antigone was beyond relieved to be at the end of her first week of classes. She'd calmed down some since her Sorting, especially after being taken out of the Great Hall by Gypsy, but that didn't mean she was happy about it. There were some things she liked about Ravenclaw, like answering riddles to get into the Common Room, the fact that she slept up high in a tower, that people for the most part left her alone and no one looked at her strange for having her nose in book or being quiet and withdrawn. In fact, she got by with her pessimism and blank face a lot better than she would have in other houses. In Gryffindor she'd have seemed odd, in Hufflepuff everyone would have tried to comfort and coddle her, and in Slytherin people would have thought she was hiding something. Which she was. So far, she did like her classes, or at least going to classes. She'd never experienced being in a classroom before. At home there had been droning tutor after droning tutor, and she'd never got to learn anything interesting. It was as if they were genuinely shocked when they saw how eager to learn she was. She'd always resented it. This week would have been almost perfect if not for the dark cloud of her Sorting and her family hanging over her. Vander was really, really mad. She didn't see much of him at all, other than at meals, but he'd cornered her in a corridor after dinner the other day and told her she'd better watch herself very carefully unless she wanted Mother and Father to take her out of school. It was an empty threat and they both knew it wasn't going to happen, but it was hard not to be on edge when your older brother was scowling at you all the time and telling you everyone was going to be extremely disappointed with you now. At least she hadn't reached the 'you'd be better off dead' level of hatred Cy had always gotten. No, she was just an embarrassing let down. She sat in the back of the class, tried not to cower, because the professor was more than a little frightening, but still had nothing on the ensuing reaction she was going to have to read from her parents when they wrote her back. She'd told them she was in Ravenclaw; there was no use trying to hide it, and at least this way it wasn't Vander telling them. She knew the answer, but didn't dare offer it. "Antigone Lillantine, Ravenclaw," she said, muttering the last bit, as she rose and kept her gaze firmly on the desk.

OOC:
Username

All night long and we will walk.
Through this garden of serpent trees!
And I will yet dream through this night...
Filled with falling stars.
There's a bright bird in the seat of my skull,
And when he sings, he brings the dawn to me.
When he sings, the air, it shimmers!
Like a thousand tongues of fire!
And I will draw him close and I pray he will not fly away.

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 1:51 pm
User Image

User Image

════════════════════════

Fɪʀsᴛ Yᴇᴀʀ |Ⅰ| Rᴀᴠᴇɴᴄʟᴀᴡ |Ⅰ| Hᴀʟғ-Bʟᴏᴏᴅ

════════════════════════

Text.

After the excitement of the trip up to the school and the Sorting Feast, Selina was more than ready to get into the routine of her classes. In point and fact she'd been looking forward to her Potions and Herbology classes, if nothing else she liked working with plants, like her grandmother did.

Selina arrived at the greenhouses early, as she wanted to check them out, and she heard Professor Hill was stickler when it came to attendance. Of the teacher himself, she found him to have a rather unsettling presence, but that could have been attributable to the long dark hair, facial hair, and the way his eyes seemed to bore into one's soul when focused upon them. There was a sort of 'caged animal' aspect about him.

"Grey, Selina Grey, Ravenclaw House," she said when it became her turn to introduce herself, after standing and nodding her head slightly in a gesture of respect. "I believe I can answer your question, sir. Aside from basic hand tools, such as a trowel and gloves, one's own senses. Sight, hearing, scent, touch and taste."

"Diamond Wales"

════════════════════════
                                                    OOC:
                                                    User Image

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 6:06 pm
User ImageXXXXXXXXXXXXXUser Image

Wearing ✧Where am I~Greenhouse ✧What am I doing~Learning ✧Who am I with~Other students ✧Why~That's the whole point, right?

Eira was happy that it was almost the weekend mainly because she could explore the library as much as she wanted. Of course she would have to do her homework but she had finished most of it the day that it was assigned. She never saw the point of it just piling up to be done at a later date, it was just stupid. She took a seat at one of the work benches and took out her quill and notebook to take the appropriate notes. Listening to Professor Hill as he explained his rules and modicum of the class she found that she would quite like the instructor even if she wouldn't enjoy the class. She and plants never got along so she wasn't very hopeful for magical plants to be any better. When he asked for a simple introduction and for the basic tools of Herbology she stood after Selina who had given both. "Eiarwen Baines, Ravenclaw." Seeing no point in remaining standing she sat back down and hoped that would be the extent of her socialization for the class.

Quote:

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

I, I'll get by
I, I'll survive
When the world's crashing down
When I fall and hit the ground
I will turn myself around
Don't you try to stop me
I, I won't cry

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Hope the kind

Friendly Gaian

12,925 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 6:26 pm
User Image
xxxxxxxηic σ ℓ є

ɢvernaxxxxxxx

1st Year
House: Hufflepuff
I am a.... Pure Blood
Lives: წწწ

Looks can be Deceiving...

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

Nicole was the very first student that entered the class. She had no interest of being late on her first day of class and standing out from the others. She placed herself somewhere in the middle of the 'classroom' and looked attentively at the professor. She listened quietly and made no motion to speak until he requested an introduction from everyone. When others had introduced herself she timidly stood up to give her own name out.
"My name is Nicole Gverna. I'm in Hufflepuff sir." She sat herself down, her bangs covering her eye's. It was common for her to do such a thing as a way to block people out. She didn't really feel nervous around teachers. It was an odd thing but being around teachers made her comfortable.

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

Lives: წწწ
Position: Chaser
Team: Yellow
Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Sharp Eyes
Mods: +0
AC: 12

{წO.ff O.f C.ampus: წ

First Year Classes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff