Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Second Year Classes
Herbology II (1/4) *New Class 2/10* Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SummerIsles

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:08 pm
User Image
├─▇▇▇═───────────────────────────═▇▇▇─┤
ΛDDIƧӨП ᄃӨᄂᄂIПƧ
GЯYFFIПDӨЯ ƧΣᄃӨПD YΣΛЯ

Even if you can't stand up
Even if you lose your life
I'm a friend by your side
You're never gonna be alone

Addison blinked at Tori and shrugged when she said that she thought he was doing it wrong. "I dunno, maybe? I kinda zoned out while he was talking and heard to prune off branches. So I am. Right?" He blinked again and shrugged, then clipped off a slightly dead one. Was he doing it right? Ah well, he didn't really care. Tori was clipping branches too, so he must be doing it right... Right?

And I'm never gonna leave you out
If you ever lose your way
Not alone or betrayed
I'm always gonna be around

๏ยt ๏Ŧ ςђคгคςtєг
{...}

The Shiny Furret

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:57 pm
I see you in my head and eye.
Your eyes are vacant and your mouth is bright.
And all you say are things I don't want to hear...
So I smash my hands against my broken ears...
We'll be the thoughts that you were warned about!
We are the shadows in your basement!
When you say doomsday, they say everything's alright!
But it's all the same, get yourself a number.
Oh, we've been watching you sleep.
We know your tricks, we know all your bad habits...
We know your secrets, we know what you've lost...
We sneak into your closet and have dinner with the skeletons!

User Image
ᵉ ᵛ ᵃ ᶰ ᵈ ᵉ ʳ
ᵗ ʳ ᶤ ˢ ᵗ ᵃ ᶰ
ˡ ᶤ ˡ ˡ ᵃ ᶰ ᵗ ᶤ ᶰ ᵉ

ˢˡʸᵗʰᵉʳᶤᶰˢᵉᶜᵒᶰᵈ ʸᵉᵃʳᵖᵘʳᵉᵇˡᵒᵒᵈʰᵉᶤʳ

Vander had a certain level of respect for the professor, which wasn't much, but was a lot compared to the derision he held for the majority of the faculty at this school. They were trimming dead bits off trees. This was what this class had boiled down to. He wanted to stab something with the shears. The tree could have just been a stump and he wouldn't have raised his hand.

OOC:
Username

All along you've been asking what's wrong with me!
All along you've been living your predicament!
Saying you were innocent, but what's that got to do with me?
We are the cracks in all you dream about!
We are the noises in your attic,
We'll be the people you were warned about!
We are the monsters in your closet!
Now despite your hopes, despite your prayers, you're broke like us.
We watch you when you're asleep, we hear as you grind your teeth...
We're always wearing smiles, but we're never what they seem.
You run when you're awake, but we still kill you when you dream!

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:16 pm
Dear Prudence, greet the brand new day!
The sun is up, the sky is blue...
It's beautiful and so are you!
Dear Prudence, open up your eyes.
Dear Prudence, see the sunny skies.
Look around, round and round-

User Image
p r u d e n c e
" p r u "
l o w e r y

gryffindorsecond yearpureblood

Pru didn't ever think she'd really like Herbology, but she figured she could at least try. And she had listened. Really. She gave Addy an incredulous look and glanced at Tori as well. "The dead ones, Addy. The dead ones." She didn't to be doing as bad as Addy, but now Pru herself was a bit worried. She'd been trying to trim very carefully, but now she looked over the branches she'd cut off. .

OOC:
SummerIsles

The Shiny Furret

The wind is low, the birds will sing...
That you are part of everything!
Dear Prudence, let me see you smile.
Dear Prudence, like a little child.
The clouds will be a daisy chain,
So let me see you smile again.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:55 pm
User Image

User Image User ImageLocation: Herbology (Wednesday 2:00pm - 3:00pm)

Dakota got into class just in time for class to start. Right off the bat they were right into the material, no surprise there. Listening closely it seemed that they would be trimming the plant in front of them. Sounded easy only the dead branches... Looking over the side of the plant he was on Dakota noted the branches that were considered dead. Looking over as Addison went nuts on the plant he shook his head. Hearing Pru tell him what branches to cut Dakota smiled. "Pru's right if they look like this terrible looking branch then you're good." he commented holding the part of the branch he cut off. Pruning Abyssinian Shrivelfigs wasn't so hard.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

With: Class... Rider, Addison, Tori, Pru

Wearing: Ravenclaw Uniform

OOC: ---

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

User Image

The Forgotten Weasley
The Shiny Furret
SummerIsles

A rather curious lad aren't you?
Not to mention quite inventive.
You'll find your home in...
Ravenclaw

Henry the Black Catxxxxx

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:24 am
User Image
                                                      ɚSo what if you can see the darkest side of me?
                                                      No one will ever change this animal I have become

User Image
                                                      ════════════════════════

Sʟʏᴛʜᴇʀɪɴ Aʟᴜᴍɴɪ || Oᴡɴᴇʀ, Dᴏɢᴡᴇᴇᴅ & Dᴇᴀᴛʜᴄᴀᴘs || Hᴇʀʙᴏʟᴏɢʏ Pʀᴏғᴇssᴏʀ

════════════════════════

Jason walked around the class, frowning as he looked over the plants and the people tending to them. His frown deepened as he noted four students mutilating the plants they were caring for. "Mister and Miss Reed, I believe I stated that you are to prune the branches that look dead, not the fruits themselves. As such, ten points from Slytherin and Ravenclaw for your egregious error as well as your poor listening skills, and a ten-inch paper on the proper care for Shrivelfig trees. I expect those papers to be turned in next class."

His eyes then led to the next set of students who obviously didn't listen. "You as well, Mister Collins and Miss Maclellan. Twenty points from Gryffindor for your poor listening skills as well as the same assignment. I said the dead branches, not the still living. As there are still living leaves on the ones you are trimming, you obviously aren't intelligent enough to retain what you learned unless it needs repeating. I suggest you pay better attention to what I instructed you to do rather than daydream or some other such nonsense. This is not a class for that, and considering some of the more dangerous plants you will be dealing with this term, I will not have your stupidity endanger the lives of other students in this class."

Jason walked back to the front of the class and stood there, eyeing the class in general as he sneered. "Actually, as some of your compatriots have shown, I seem to be remiss. For everyone, including those that happen to already have assigned papers, ten inches from each of you on how to identify those parts of a shrivelfig that needs to be properly trimmed. This assignment shall be turned in next class. You are dismissed for the day."

════════════════════════
                                                      Thinking: ...I take that back...
                                                      OOC: For posting homework, you can state that you did it in your post next class, or you can write it in a post in Jason's office and post it there for extra credit.

ɚHelp me believe it's not the real mexxx
                                                      Somebody help me tame this animal I have become

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 5:16 pm
User Image

User Image
                                                      ════════════════════════

════════════════════════

Jason entered the classroom where the tables and chairs had been replaced from the last lesson, ready to work. Setting up for the new lesson was easy, as there were two pots per student, one already with a plant inside, and the other just filled halfway with soil. There was also a collection of earmuffs of various sizes and colours on the front table, where Jason settled as he waited for the students to enter.

It didn't take long for the classroom to fill up, which Jason shut with a wave of his wand and shut and locked the door. His eyes then bore into the students seated before him.
                                                      "Considering how you did last lesson, I admit I am leery about giving this one to you. However, I will state right now that I find anyone acting as fools or incompetents during this lesson, you will be kicked from the classroom immediately. No exceptions." Jason gestured to the plant beside him, which shook lightly as he spoke. "This, students, is a mandragora, or what is commonly called a Mandrake. Mandrakes, if handled improperly, can kill a person that is handling them. I imagine that some of you would be willing to test this theory, but I assure you, these mandrakes are incapable of killing at their current age. Mandrakes, when fully grown, kill with their screams. These ones, however, are too immature to kill in that fashion. Anyone here know precisely why that would be?"

════════════════════════
                                                      Thinking: If anyone tries anything foolish this class...
                                                      OOC:

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

stitchkin babe

Timid Genius

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:59 pm
x
x
x
x

User Image

x
                                    ████████████████xx ∂мιтяι яεε∂ xx███████xxxxbeauty may be dangerous, but intelligence is lethal.

Second Year | | Twelve | | Ravenclaw | | Single | | Half-Blood

Herbology was entirely hopeless. He hated the professor with passion -- last week was no help to the man -- and Dmitri did terribly anyway, even without the professor being such and arse. He took his place at the back of the room, barely paying any attention to what was going on in class. He at least looked like he was paying attention, and he really was...well, enough so that he heard the professor's question. Running a hand through his hair, Dmitri looked around to see if anyone was going to answer. Most kids in his year already disliked the man, either that or they were scared of him, so it was questionable whether he was actually going to get an answer out of anyone. He certainly wasn't getting one from Dmitri.

uniform x ooc :: - - -

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:03 pm
x
x
x
x

User Image

x
                                    ████████████████xx мαιsιε яεε∂ xx███████xxxxget your facts straight, then distort them as you please.

Second Year | | Twelve | | Slytherin | | Single | | Half-Blood

Maisie walked into Herbology already fuming. Admittedly, Maisie used to at least tolerate the class, she generally did well in it, but the professor? He was nothing to like. He liked to ridicule his students despite the fact that it was just going to make them perform worse in his class. It was no wonder so many people in years above and below them disliked this man. She had Dmitri had talked about it in the Great Hall while 'studying' last week, and they both made it clear they disliked the man. However, unlike her brother who couldn't pay a lick of attention to something that he was learning to hate, Maisie at least paid a bit of a attention. They'd decided that she'd reteach him whatever they'd learned in class, a lot like what they were doing with Astronomy and History of Magic. Just another class Maisie would have to pay attention to...sadly...

uniform x ooc :: - - -

stitchkin babe

Timid Genius

SummerIsles

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:14 pm
User Image

----------r ι d e r--------w ι l ѕ o n----------

♪ You gotta fight ♫
♪ For your right ♫
♪ to PARTY! ♫

-----------ѕ e c o n d----y e a r----н υ ғ ғ l e p υ ғ ғ-----------

What am I doing? Herbology
How am I feeling? Curious
What's on my mind? This is intriguing!

Herbology was quickly becoming a fascinating topic to her, even if the Professor's demeanor was a little offsetting. Rider had read the entire chapter on mandrakes in anticipation for this lesson. Pulling out her parchment, the girl took notes on what the Professor was saying. When he asked why the immature mandrakes couldn't kill, Rider quickly raised her hand. "Immature mandrakes don't have the vocal power to kill just yet. They can, however, knock a person out for a couple hours." She nodded happily and looked around the classroom to see if anyone had anything to add.

-----------o υ т----o ғ----c н a r a c т e r-----------

{...}

Diamond Wales

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:16 pm
User Image
ΛDDIƧӨП ᄃӨᄂᄂIПƧ
GЯYFFIПDӨЯ ƧΣᄃӨПD YΣΛЯ

Even if you can't stand up
Even if you lose your life
I'm a friend by your side
You're never gonna be alone

After the way the Professor had treated him and Tori in the last lesson, Addy wasn't even sure he wanted to come to this class anymore. It was only out of fear of receiving a howler from his mother that he sucked it up and came to class. The Professor started speaking about mandrakes and that was a plant that he was familiar with. His grandfather occasionally grew them. But he didn't like the things. When Rider spoke up, he glanced at her. Maybe he should partner with her next time.

And I'm never gonna leave you out
If you ever lose your way
Not alone or betrayed
I'm always gonna be around

๏ยt ๏Ŧ ςђคгคςtєг
{...}

SummerIsles

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 7:13 am
~ New Year ~

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 7:16 am
User Image

User Image
                                                      ════════════════════════

════════════════════════

Jason took a seat on the table in front of the greenhouse. He watched as the students filed in, and he crossed his arms as he waited for everyone to find a place to stand, This first lesson, he was npt going to have them sitting. Instead, their seats and tables had been removed to make room for potted trees. Next to the trees were tools set out on small tables. His own desk and chair had also been removed, making room for the tree he was to attend to and demonstrate on, and the werewolf rubbed his forehead, knowing there was going to be quite a bit of grumbling before this was all over .

As the last students filed in, he flicked his wand, the doors shutting and locking immediately before he stood. His eyes bored into the children before him.
                                                      "Welcome back to the new term. As we are well aware of each other, and you should already have a firm grasp on what you learned in the year previous, we shall not go back over that. Instead, we are going to plunge right into the new material for this year. As always, any grumbling and complaints about the class will be listened to, and promptly ignored, unless you happen to be a professional herbologist. As the only one currently in this school besides myself is Professor Thorne, I would suggest you listen well."

Jason gestured to the trees before each student and to his own, waiting until all eyes were on him before proceeding. "As you can see, there are trees in place of your tables and benches today. These particular trees are called Abyssinian Shrivelfigs. If you don't know what those are, they are a variety of figs found in Abyssinia. They happen to be a highly aggressive species, hardy enough to survive even in the wintertime due to its roots digging deep enough to survive even frost. Their fruits, which are a rich purple in colour, have a variety of uses beyond being edible. They can be peeled, and their juice used for potion-making. Their leaves, when harvested, also have a medicinal property useful in many poultices. Today, we are going to trim the trees before you. It's a simple matter. Using the shears located on your tables, find a stalk on the tree before you that is shrivelled and dead-looking. You them snip that branch off at the point where it joins a living portion of the plant. Like so."

Jason picked up his dragonhide gloves and slipped them on. Picking up the shears, he located a branch in need of trimming and snipped it off. Holding it up, he then gestured to the trees before each student. "Now, two to a tree, and please do not overtrim the trees. If it starts looking too skeletal, then please raise your hand and I will look over the plant you are working on. It could be that the one you are caring for is ill and needs treatment."

════════════════════════
                                                      Thinking: At least let this group be semi-intelligent...
                                                      OOC:

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

amo10690

Greedy Shopper

7,650 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 9:38 am
User Image

Addie held back her grimace as she walked into class. The first thought that crossed the second year's mind was dread. The same teacher from last year sat in front of them. Addie picked a tree to stand next to and waited for one of her friends to arrive. The terrifying professor began to lecture about the tree and its origins. He then instructed them to pair up and begin trimming the tree in front of them. The brunette glanced around wondering who would want to be stuck with her.  
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 10:08 am
I could buy myself a reason,
I could sell myself a job,
I could hang myself on treason,
All the folks I know are gone

User Image

User Image

Second year ║ Slytherin ║ Pureblood ║ Chaser

Devonte walked into Herbology, not the least bit excited. He didn't care about plants or taking care of them; it was completely unnecessary unless you were planning to go into a career field that required it. Even then, the class was boring and uninteresting. He wouldn't voice his complaints, though. He found a tree and stood next to it, deciding that if anyone wanted to pair with him, they could come to him. He wouldn't actively seek anyone out, as he didn't care for half the students in his year, and he was sure that most of them knew that.

OOC:

Quote:

So I ate the wedding cake,
Until the whole damn thing was gone,
And I'm gonna drown the ocean,
Now ain't none of that so wrong?

Deviled Dregs

Wealthy Lunatic

7,375 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 12:26 pm
User Image
Lola Mutan Ye a.k.a. Lolli xxxxx
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
xxxxxxxxx <2nd Year>
Time: 2029-2030
Looking: Pretty Clever

------------------------------------------------------------------------xx

Lola loved herbology, even if the professor was a bit... prickly? It came naturally to her. Though she supposed being (as her brother put it) "part tree" helped. She was actually half tree-nymph to be technical but somehow the four year old decided saying 'half-tree' was more accurate and way cooler. Either way it gave her an advantage against her more human classmates. Not that she was about to go about broadcasting why she had such a knack with plants or talk about her mum. Just what she needed a bunch of Slytherins (no doubt led by Devonte) trying to put her head on a stick for being a freak. Yeah, she'd pass on that one. Seeing one of the Gryffindor who looked a bit unsure, Lola stepped up and said, "Addie, right? Don't worry this is easy. Just listen to the plant and it tells you what it needs."

She smiled and put on her gloves and picked up her clippers and began to hum some as she carefully looked over the plant, and pausing when she spotted a shriveled leaf or twig and neatly trimmed it. Looking up to Addie she said with a smile, "See not that hard? You just look and observe. And like I said the plant will tell you what he or she needs." As she paused the plant seemed to liven up just a bit under her touch even though she had paused with her work as she spoke to Addie.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

{OoC: }
amo10690

Quote:

Quote:

Second Year Classes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items