View Results

Forever_Hikaru

Dedicated Player

11,225 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:38 am
A glass was set in front of Vera with a red alcoholic beverage about the same color as her hair. "Cheers!" she said as she raised her glass to no one in particular while wearing a big grin on her face. Getting a little to excited, she then chugged the entire thing in one go. At first it tasted great, but seconds later she felt the heat going down her throat from the spice that was in it. "Nice one, but for now how about something more subtle?" Vera requested of the bartender as the heat seemed a little too much for the Priorian.

As she waited for her next drink, she looked over at the Drionian and Neocinian when she noticed the orbs. It was a strange sight for her since the only Drionian tech she's seen were related to their main export of fire crystals. "Make that yourself, Sparky?" Vera asked as she got a new glass of just a simple cocktail. This time she only took a sip.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:22 am
"On Neocine it is." Amaya laughed in retort to his comment about the orbs. She flexed her hand a few times as she removed the bandages to check the orbs handiwork.

As he looked her over, Amaya kept drinking, trying to ignore Jaycee's gaze, which was making her feel sized up like any creature she'd come across back home. Once he focused on her goggles however, Amaya raised an eyebrow, picking them up loosely in her hand.

"My goggles? Yeah. We really just call them goggles back home though. Haven't got the time to say two words." She told him. He seemed to put a lot of emphasis on their name when all Neocinians seemed to worry about was how dark they could make the world around them so they could see. "They work well enough to keep me from going blind off-world." She said with a shrug.

It was of course no secret of Neocine that its inhabitants were sensitive to light. With the purple eyes that shone with light, it was very easy to tell them apart from others. Still, off-world they were more protective of their eyes.

The Prionian seemed to join the conversation now, as Amaya's gaze quickly turned to the female, looking her up and down carefully. She seemed more relaxed than the male Amaya had met earlier, though she stayed observant as she took another sip of her drink.

Maya Freana

Tipsy Regular

9,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

RosesOfDeathYetFullOfLife

IRL Gaian

7,350 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:41 pm
┈┈┈ 𝕮laudia 𝕬dalwin ┈┈┈

She looked about more, starting to wonder why she entered in the first place. Something called her to enter, as if...... She paused, feeling movement beside her as someone sat. A slight blink followed as she recognized him from before. The Ecladian man greeted her, asking to join. She nodded to agree.

The young Sondaran had traveled to other worlds before, and painted many scenes from each. Although she said nothing, her eyes seemed to be alive as it observed the bar and himself. She scanned his being, and stopped by the hilt of his sword. It reminded her of an old friend. Looking back up to him she asks,"May I?" Asking to take a look at the sword, or perhaps hold it.

(There, I'll keep it like this to be more consistent)  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:33 pm
Maverick grinned and said "interested in swords eh? This one has seen me through many journeys." He carefully unsheathed it before presenting the blade to the young woman. The sword laid across his hands waiting for the Sondaran woman to take it, though he was no fool and had noted the nearby liquid if he should need to defend himself.  

Sivlerwolf14

Devoted Streaker

Shiningdragon21

Omnipresent Mystic

15,190 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:28 pm
Looking at Vera as she questioned him, Jaycee adjusted his goggles a few times lowering the light that was being upped by them some. "I make all of my gadgets and tech" he commented towards her as the barkeeper set another of his drinks down to which he polished it of like the one before with a single swig.

Moving suddenly and almost like a flash of light Jaycee had reached out and grabbed Amaya's goggles in his hand as with his free hand a tool of some sorts was brandished and a few sparks started to be expelled off of the Drionian. "Poor tuning, overcompensating variance oscillators, dismally low micro adjuster capabilities" Jaycee said his back towards them as he seemed to be doing something with them as he was working at a normal Drionian pace. To others it might look almost like a blur as his hands moved quickly at his work the sound of metal scraping filled the air around him.

In almost as little time it had taken him to snatch the goggles from Amaya's hands they were again returned this time with a nearly skillful movement to her head and put into place all tho a tad bit forcefully. "Variances nominal, adjustments integrated" Jaycee said taking a step back as the goggles came on suddenly shifting quickly between light settings before settling on a darkness that continually made small shifts between darker or lighter depending on the area around Amaya. "Such sub standard tech, it is no wonder that your species has poor eyesight outside of the nocturnal" Jaycee said hopping back into his seat as he watched Amaya to see how she liked the sudden forced goggle adjustments.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:46 pm
Once Jaycee grabbed her goggles, Amaya grabbed a knife strapped to her thigh. She had the knife at his throat as fast as he had the goggles back on her head. However once she realized he meant her no harm, she relaxed her grip, putting the knife away.

"Do you get in trouble with Neocinians often, or is this your first time meeting one?" She asked, finding it hard to believe that any Neocinian would be comfortable with how quickly he moved.

"As for the tech, hard to worry about off-world tech when you're trying to stay alive long enough to reach the age to make it off world. Still, my parents taught me I should by someone a drink when I try to kill them by mistake." Amaya sighed as she signaled to the bartender to pass two more drinks down, one for her and one for Jaycee.

"My name is Amaya. Apologies about the knife, you move a little quickly for my comfort, but the goggles do work better now, thanks." She said, raising her glass to him before she took a drink.

Maya Freana

Tipsy Regular

9,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Shiningdragon21

Omnipresent Mystic

15,190 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:14 pm
Not having flinched as the knife had been placed at his neck Jaycee watched her seemingly pleased expression with her new goggle upgrades. "Not my first dealing. Your kind are.... very slow to act. You stalk and as such your motions are slow and methodical but your actions when confronted are quick and gauged but rare to strike without proper cause" Jaycee said looking over to the barkeep as his own drink was placed down infront of him.

Reaching over and grabbing it he looked up at her glass for a few moments before raising it as well towards her. An odd thing to do to be assured of but something that some of the more brutish races were inclined to do as some kind of celebration. "Jaycee Piltover" he said to her as he looked down at the drink and polished it off quickly as the others before setting the glass back down on the bar.

"Drionians are the polar opposites of Neocinians, like protons to electrons " he said simply looking past her as he saw the glint of a sword. Such low level brutish tech such a thing was he thought to himself for a moment before looking back at Amaya. "No need to thank, Low quality tech should always be upgraded if able" he said simply a smile creeping onto his face.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:35 pm
┈┈┈ 𝕮laudia 𝕬dalwin ┈┈┈

The young Sondaran watched as he unsheathed it, and her hand briefly followed the blade before going up to the hilt. She gently lifts it from his hands, and nods her head towards him. Standing from the stool, she took the sword's hilt into her palm before turning it upright. As she bent her knees for a moment, her arm moved suddenly as she slashed at the open air in front of her. She slashed once more, and once again and each slash became faster and faster. Using the air about her, and creating more gusts of air from the blade, it began to manifest in front of her.

A moment passed, and the stool across from them stood still before falling apart. The sword had not touched the stool, however. It seems she created gust blades of her own. She smiled and laughed,"Oh... I haven't done that in quite awhile..." She looked back to him, yet blushed a bit out of embarrassment.

Her shyness took over as she quietly sat back down, handing him back the sword without looking directly at him. " Thank you.." She managed to whisper..

IRL Gaian

7,350 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Maya Freana

Tipsy Regular

9,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:21 pm
"I learned young to observe before acting. 'The ones who run in first are usually the first to die. Waste no energy in your actions because every action counts.'" She said, smirking as she recited what every Neocinian child was told daily.

"I could understand the whole polar opposite thing. Your kind runs on nothing but energy, mine learns to survive without. Never really had much time to think about that until now. Here I was told that Cordians were Neocinians polar opposites." Amaya mused.

She had been observing the Ecladian and the Sondaran at the bar, though as the stool fell apart, she saw the bartender cast a look in the direction of the group now gathering at the bar between Amaya and Jaycee, the Priorian female, and the Ecladian and Sondaran. He was getting skittish.

Of course Amaya could hardly blame him. First a fight turned to a murder, then the Ecladian pulls a sword, Amaya pulls a blade on the Drionian, and now the Sondaran was destroying furniture. They were turning out to be a rowdy bunch.

She wondered how much longer he'd put up with them before trouble started. Taking a long sip of her drink, Amaya seemed relaxed, though she was on high alert now.

"So Jaycee, why are you all the way on Cardiff messing with strange Neocianians goggles?" Amaya asked, raising an eyebrow.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:53 pm
A typical answer that she should have expected from a Drionian. What Vera didn't know was how quick he was. He also didn't seem to have any qualms about taking without permission as he grabbed the girl's goggles. When the Neocinian pulled out a knife, Vera lost it and bursted out into laughter. She was told never to mess with a Neocinian since they could be much more ruthless than her own kind and Tartans. The Drionian took a risk, something that she would have done and she found it funny.

An interesting group they all seemed to be. Vera glanced at the other end at the Ecladian and Sondaran. The little-looking girl seemed to have destroyed one of the stools. She starting thinking about how fun it would be to get into a fight with any one of them. They couldn't be any stronger than her brothers, right? Vera then caught a glimpse of the bartender's composure. "How about a round for everyone here at the bar?" she requested, thinking if he got more money, he'll be a little more at ease. She didn't want to get kicked out just yet.

Forever_Hikaru

Dedicated Player

11,225 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Partygoer 500

Sivlerwolf14

Devoted Streaker

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:22 pm
Maverick watched in amazment, this woman was a warrior. He watched her with awe at her skill with his blade. His eyes caught just barely the bladed gusts of wind as they struck the bar stool. After the stool fell apart he let out a hearty laugh. "Such skill, you would have made a mighty warrior on Ecladian." After he took the sword back from her and sheathed he bowed to her and said "My name is Maverick. It is a pleasure to meet you."

He noticed that the Priorian woman was also observing them and at hearing her offer for a round he let out a mighty cheer. "To fine company." He smiled brightly at the group in the room.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:52 pm
┈┈┈ 𝕮laudia 𝕬dalwin ┈┈┈

The young Sondaran blushed for a bit, as others took notice of her. In her mind she groaned, retreating to turn back to the Ecladian. He seemed to be laughing, and the sound of it comforted her. He then complimented her form to which she smiled softly. "Thank you... a friend of my father showed me that technique. I'm not sure about being a "warrior" though.." She said, circling her thumbs together as she held her hands nervously.

He sheathed the sword back up. A part of her already missed having a weapon, as a few memories trickled into her head. Her eyes briefly go to her bag before returning back to him. "Oh! It's a pleasure to meet you Maverick." She said unwrapping her hands to give him a handshake. "I am Claudia.. "

She looked back up, hearing someone else offering to buy a round of drinks. Though from her vantage point, she couldn't see who said it. Hm. I should have thought of that..

IRL Gaian

7,350 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Shiningdragon21

Omnipresent Mystic

15,190 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:51 pm
(Kinda trying for a Mordin Solus from Mass Effect vocal pattern with him if anyone can pick up on it. Kinda drifting in and out of full sentences as I flush out the character more and decide on things with him. )
Looking over as Vera burst into laughter Jaycee slightly tilted his head as he looked at her. What an odd outburst that had seemingly no reason for it to have happened that he could deduce. Maybe the girl was slowly drifting into dementia in which case he would need to be assured to keep a distance if she may be dangerous.

Turning back to Amaya Jaycee looked at her for a few moments seeming to think about what she had said. "Many Drionians dislike things that they deem as controversial. They were simply to blind to see progress. Shunned my work as heresy. Just cause they to blind to understand real breakthroughs" Jaycee told her as his features shifted between anger and sorrow as he told her about his past. "Drionians adept to change but when change to great, they not keen to acceptance and slow like Neocinians" Jaycee said looking down at his hands.

"Not time for sadness or regret tho. Times change as do minds. Some day they will understand. Till then tho, I upgrade tech" he said smiling as he gave a small motion towards her goggles. "Other races not one's for best tech. I come to help where I can" he finished a small smile gracing his lips. "And not be killed by Neocinian with itchy knife hand."

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:27 am
"Actually Neocinians deal with change rather well. We're a migratory race and when we reach adulthood we go from being part of clan to surviving on our own. If we can't quickly adapt to change, we'll die." Amaya told him as she raised her glass to the Priorian who bought the round and took a drink.

Or course Amaya didn't want to admit she was still reeling from the attack by the Priorian earlier. Her other senses were unaffected but her vision was still blurry and her eyes still hurt. She knew living off-world would be a challenge and she was adapting the best way she could.

"Some changes are easier for us to accept than others. Around animals I know where I stand, but off-world with races I've rarely experienced it's a learning curve." She murmured. Too many new smells, new sights, new sounds. It could be overwhelming, though she was doing her best to deal with it.

"Still...what exactly does a Drionian deem as controversial? I thought you all were about knowing everything?"

Maya Freana

Tipsy Regular

9,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Shiningdragon21

Omnipresent Mystic

15,190 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:12 pm
"Things that are mistakes, judgements, wrongs" Jaycee said simply as he looked at the drink that was brought for him. Picking it up he swished it around a few times looking down at it seeming to be in thought for a moment. "Things not wanting to tell just yet. You may be the same as them. Not sure yet." he commented towards Amaya. He didn't mean any harm by it but at least to him currently she seemed like someone who could possibly become a friend and he didn't want to jeopardize that.

Lifting the drink to his lips Jaycee drank this one slower then he had the three earlier letting it collect in his mouth first before slowly letting the bitter liquid wash down his throat. "Knowing everything comes with knowing nothing" Setting the glass on the table now he looked down at it a few drops of the alcohol still left dotting it's insides. "Old tale of Sondaran comes to mind. Fly to high and close to sun. Glider burst into flames. Not a good story but, has meaning in it."

Picking up the glass from the table Jaycee looked at it for a moment a spark falling off his hand as he crushed the glass suddenly in his hands the glass falling onto the bar without any kind of injury towards himself. The action was out of the blue tho a stark and seemingly random movement as he stared at the glass for a few moments before returning his focus back towards Amaya, all the while rubbing his hands together as a bit of the glass bits slowly fell to the floor under him. "That can be placed on tab. Will be paid for soon." he told the man behind the counter. "New senses." jaycee said to Amaya simply seeming to add onto what she was speaking of about the new things she was becoming accustom to.

"RPC" *Roleplay Central*

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff